Author Topic: Honeymoon (Thread 3)  (Read 26943 times)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #160 on: November 10, 2016, 01:11:29 am »
^Usually the more affordable tours are done by Cosmos and Globus and Trafalgar. Higher-end InSight etc =)

More or less the offer the same routes. The price difference will be with the hotels and the activities included in the package.

kobekitten

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #161 on: November 10, 2016, 11:38:20 am »
^ Thanks! I Inquired with Insight recently, their quote costs an arm and a leg!

We've decided that we want to spend at least 10 days in different cities but in 1 country only. So far, we're set on Italy :) time to look for a tour!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #162 on: November 10, 2016, 01:24:44 pm »
^Try also pala Rick Steves Tours =) They are a bit more expensive than Cosmos But I heard they really stay in hotels downtown vs big tour groups that stay in hotels outside the city. I love Rick Steves guide books and youtube channel. I always consult them when I plan for a trip.


Enjoy!!!! =) =)

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #163 on: December 04, 2016, 07:15:29 pm »
Recently came to a conclusion, as an overseas couple with only a month vacation for the last minute  wedding preps and the wedding day itself, to postpone our honeymoon (to Maldives). We felt the time was too short, and thought of giving ourselves a well deserve rest with our families and friends instead. As our schedules won't allow us, we thought of postponing it to 3 mos after the wedding or 8 so it'll be December. Felt sad at first, but liberated considering the fact that we won;t have to rush everything all at once, and finances wise we won't be breaking the bank all in one go.  :D We might visit a local destination instead, like Siargao, we haven't been there, yet.

#buhayofw
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 07:21:48 pm by Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore »

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #164 on: December 05, 2016, 10:45:45 am »
Aww..  :( At least sis you'll have more time spent with your family.  :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #165 on: December 05, 2016, 06:41:06 pm »
^^ hugs sis!! Don't worry you will have a blast regardless of how many months you postpone your honeymoon. We did ours  4.5 months after our wedding and we really postponed it on purpose.

The advantage is that you will have more time to plan and research your honeymoon itinerary. At least you can really concentrate just on wedding preps and not have the added stress of planning your honeymoon. =) =)

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #166 on: December 05, 2016, 08:02:54 pm »
Chili1113 true at first we both felt sad, pero come to think of it, andami pala nyang pros, mas makapagrest, makapag plan, mas makapag ipon and hinde masyado agawan ng excitement ang wedding, bakasyon and honeymoon!

 MS_JanDel oo nga eh, lalo na halos for wedding preps lang yung days prior sa wedding.

And of course, Siargao is beautiful also, so yung 4 days namin there will be enough. Saka we thought na buong year na kami away sa Pinas, why rush.  ;D

Thanks sisters!   :-*

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #167 on: December 06, 2016, 09:34:29 am »
^We will also go to Siargao for our minimoon! We will be there for 4 full days plus 1 day in Cebu since that's our stopover. Actually, most of our friends who've been to Siargao said that 1 week in the island isn't enough. Cant wait to fall in love with the place!:) I will be following my husband abroad after the wedding so we also decided to postpone our official honeymoon to next year. I am always in charge of planning our trips so this works for me:)

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #168 on: December 06, 2016, 02:53:55 pm »
rowan haha I will be utilizing that term moving forward "minimoon",  :D good to know Siargao din kayo! I saw some breathtaking resorts na with beachfront villas. Ugh, can't wait.  :)

I also love Cebu, been there last January for the Sinulog, went to Bantayan and Oslob, Sumilon is to die for too.  :)

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #169 on: December 07, 2016, 04:34:25 pm »
I think it's normal na for o/s couples to delay their honeymoon. We will be delaying ours as well by 8 months in December.

I'm starting a new job kasi in January. Nahiya ako that I will start in January, take 3 weeks off end of Jan then 3 weeks again in April for the wedding.

I think it's good din in a way. Kasi the cost will be spread out.

Have you picked a resort yet for Maldives?

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #170 on: December 07, 2016, 07:09:24 pm »
LilaFowler yes we have some resorts in mind, all water bungalows, nag differ lang sa mode of transpo to and fro yung ibang island resorts reachable thru sea planes (more expensive), while the others speed boats saka sa all inclusive, inclusions. Hehe.  :D

True, we won't be breaking the bank all in one go.  ;D

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #171 on: December 08, 2016, 02:58:30 pm »
True sis Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore. I'm sure you'll also have fun going to the beach with your family. Time well spent. hehe

We are also actually postponing our honeymoon to late December 2017, 5 months after our wedding. We wanted our first New Year as married couple to be special kaya we'll celebrate it outside the country.  :) :)

hearty2017

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #172 on: December 09, 2016, 06:05:09 pm »
Hi everyone!

I recently went to Japan this Oct. It was a two week trip and I got engaged there. For Tokyo area, I recommend staying in a place which has access to the Yamanote line. For Osaka,  just stay in the area of Umeda its the center of everything. Nice to have a side trip to Lake Kawaguchiko - nice view of Mt. Fuji. Also, Himeji is a nice place.

Also, need advice for a eurotrip. I would want to take that trip for our honeymoon. Our wedding is on Jan 2018 pa. Mandatory ang Paris and a place where I can see northern lights. Any recommendations on other good destinations? Maybe for a 3 week trip. And how much kaya estimated expenses? Thanks!!!!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #173 on: December 09, 2016, 07:39:56 pm »
^For northern lights in Europe, Iceland is amazing!! You can also view them from Norway in Tromso, and some areas in Finland. It can be seen from Sept. to March.

Just a warning though. Scandinavia is very expensive also Iceland. =) But you should be OK if you dont mind eating in fast food restos. But Iceland has very few fastfood restos so it is really expensive to dine there.

hearty2017

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #174 on: December 09, 2016, 07:53:18 pm »
hi sis chilli, I heard nga Iceland is quite expensive. Were you able to see northern lights when you went to iceland?

Btw I sent you a PM I have a question regarding Polo Club. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #175 on: December 10, 2016, 02:12:27 pm »
^Yes we got lucky and saw the lights! There was a geomagnetic storm and so the lights were very strong and we watched it for almost 3 hours. We couldve watched longer but the tour bus was heading back already. But even if you don't see the lights, Iceland in itself is worth visiting.

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #176 on: January 26, 2017, 11:40:47 am »
We already have our Japan Visa. We applied Monday afrernoon and we got it yesterday. 1 day process lang. ☺️ We're finalizing our itinerary.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 01:37:48 pm by exquisitegem »

BBB21

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #177 on: January 26, 2017, 01:27:45 pm »
How many days usually ang processing of Schengen visa? 😊

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #178 on: January 26, 2017, 02:26:00 pm »
7-10 days sis :)

BBB21

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #179 on: January 26, 2017, 05:38:26 pm »
^thanks sis! Medyo matagal din pala. Pero okay lang. April pa namin plan umalis. Hehe. Nakakakaba kumuha ng visa! Sana ma-approve! 😊

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close