Author Topic: Honeymoon (Thread 3)  (Read 26869 times)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2016, 11:28:51 am »
stella: Oh wow!!! You're going to New Zealand! Hope you can share your itinerary with us. My brothers and I were just talking about a planning a trip there. I have a friend who just recently went there and all the pics are amazing!! They rented a luxury camper, and drove for 21 days. They did this helicopter tour that was spectacular. Whaaaaa it is next on our bucket list. It is what hubby approved for our big trip for next year, after our honeymoon this year. Hehe we had to give up attending a destination wedding in Madrid of a cousin of mine, just to save up for New Zealand.

Thanks also for your tips on Croatia. We are spending 6 nights in Dubrovnik and the surrounding areas this October as part of our honeymoon.

fries

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2016, 06:28:54 am »
Hi! anyone who knows how much for a Bali honeymoon trip? :)

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2016, 12:02:28 pm »
@Chili: Dubrovnik is beautiful!! I was only there 1 day (we took a cruise), but I loved it. The town itself isn't so big though. We walked around it a few times in 1 day. But there are a lot of nice, small cafes /restaurants that you can go to and relax with a glass of wine :) Where else are you going?

I just finished booking all of our flights, tours and accommodations! :) Took A LOT of research, haha. We'll be there for about 16 days :) But since it's our honeymoon (and we're not super outdoorsy), we wanted to do a relaxed trip. So we'll be staying in the bigger cities for part of the time, then during our road trip, we'll only be driving every other day :) Then, to get from the North to South island, we will fly to save time (and avoid the LONG drive).  Some of the itineraries online are pretty crazy -- driving 6-10 hours a day, everyday! 

We'll be starting in Auckland: ferry to Waiheke island (day trip) - Auckland - drive down to Waitomo (do cave tours) - drive to Matamata (tour Hobitton) - drive to Rotoroa (stopover only) - drive to Hawke's Bay and Napier (Art Deco city, tour wineries etc)- Fly to Christchurch (hot air balloon tour) - Fly to Queenstown - Glenorchy tour - Queenstown - Fly-Cruise-Fly tour to Milford Sound - Queenstown - Then, we'll fly Queenstown - Auckland - Manila (all in one day -- flights are limited from Queenstown, unfortunately.

If you want a more detailed itinerary, and tips re. places to stay, budgeting etc., PM me, or send me your email add :) 

Just FYI though, our trip is a bit costly because of the domestic flights (as well as some of the tours we chose). Most people drive the entire trip. But since we don't have much time, and we wanted to avoid driving for 8-10 hours (especially getting from North-South island), we figured the flight costs were worth it!

**oh and by the way, if you're planning to go to NZ next year during the summer, that's Dec-Feb (or early march). It's peak season, so best to book asap! Some of the tours/apartments I wanted were already booked! 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 01:47:25 pm by stella021817 »

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2016, 02:25:11 pm »
^ wow you're going to NZ! 😄😄  That's on our trip  list for the next 2 years, as both of us are LOTR and The Hobbit fans.  When I was younger, I had always envisioned myself living in a hobbit's house :D... 


Just found out that we're going on a cruise for another mini-moon.  Silly me, mag more than 1 month na yung card ni hubby since the wedding. I didn't open the 2nd page. May itinerary pala doon! hehe! That was why he was so smug the whole time.  We're going on a short trip to Mexico. Just to see if I can survive a cruise (I get dizzy easily hehe).  Well we'll see. Then we can plan our honeymoon next year. One of the cons of living in the US...  the need.to accumulate work days before you can apply for annual leaves :(

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2016, 02:41:54 pm »
^yes, I'm so excited! Spent the yesterday and today researching and booking, haha. NZ wasn't even on our "honeymoon radar," actually. I wanted to go to Europe but the weather would be terrible, and we didn't want to go to a beach destination. I just happened to read about NZ, and now I'm SO excited for our trip!! :)

 Wow, Mexico! I've been wanting to go there! Lucky that you're based in the US, there are so many great travel packages available! I think you should be okay on the cruise ship. I get motion sickness very easily, but I've been on 2 2-week cruises and was fine. There may be a day or two where the water might be a bit choppy though. We could feel the boat sway a lot (which did give me a bit of a headache), but bring some anti-nausea pills with you, and you should be fine! So sweet of your husband to surprise you!!!

laughter

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2016, 11:12:51 pm »
Hello everyone  :)

Need your help mga sis.. We are planning to have our honeymoon 3 days after our wedding and we plan to travel to Europe. My concern is that my passport and visa will still be my maiden's name. Is that ok? Will that be a concern with the immigration officer?

Hoping for your advice  :) Thanks a lot. :)

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2016, 11:30:54 pm »
^We had our honeymoon in Japan 5 days after our wedding. Visa, passport and ticket are all on Maiden name. wala naman naging problem.

itsKat!

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2016, 03:42:05 pm »
Hi fries! I am also planning to have a bali trip for our honeymoon! Checking at some blogs, parang kapresyo lang ng Pinas, if I am not mistaken? hehe! depende na lang siguro kung saan ka magstay, like in a villa, hotel, or yung mga airbnb. :)

Hope may makita tayo dito na naghoneymoon na sa Bali!  :)

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2016, 04:50:14 pm »
@laughter - It won't be a problem sis, as long as you have your ticket under your maiden name as well. If not, bring your marriage certificate along.  When I went back after our wedding sa Pinas, all my documents are also still under my maiden name, but my green card is in my married name. No problem naman. But I did have all the necessary documents to prove na I am a resident and I am married.

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2016, 06:28:05 pm »
Planning our second honeymoon to Georgia or probably Armenia, depende sa promo.

I want to go to Romania kasi ang mura ng ticket from dubai! nasa 5k lang roundtrip! tapos visa costs aroung 3k lang!

BBB21

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2016, 09:14:30 pm »
H2b recently surprised me with a booking in Europe for our honeymoon trip. ❤️ He was actually the one planning and researching for our honeymoon trip and I was really surprised that he already booked it! Hehe. Super excited na namin! The only thing that makes me nervous is the visa. Mahirap ba kumuha ng schengen visa? Any tips? 😊

iamfarrah

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2016, 08:35:15 am »
^yes, I'm so excited! Spent the yesterday and today researching and booking, haha. NZ wasn't even on our "honeymoon radar," actually. I wanted to go to Europe but the weather would be terrible, and we didn't want to go to a beach destination. I just happened to read about NZ, and now I'm SO excited for our trip!! :)


It's nice to know that your honeymoon will be here in NZ. You won't regret it promise. maganda yung itinerary mo sis, especially queenstown. haven't been there yet pero mas sikat at maganda sa mga tourist ang south island. though marami din pwede gawin talaga sa north island. maybe you can try bungee jumping here too. yung helicopter tour dito sa wellington meron din. its good to check deals sa groupon din for activities here in NZ, malaki din masasave mo. and yeah, better summer pumunta dito kasi pag mga ganitong months, di mo masyado maeenjoy kasi winter. yung summer naman dito masarap pa rin, di katulad sa pinas. nakakatawa nga ee kasi dati sa pinas lagi ako nagtatago sa araw pero dito, hahabulin mo yung araw kasi ang sarap sa feeling nung araw sa malamig na hangin. and if you have time you can go to Taupo din, i think 1 hour lang sya from Rotorua. Daming magandang activities sa rotorua, try them. and lastly, mababait mga tao dito, super firendly sila at mahilig sa small talks, di sila suplado.

HisGF4ver

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2016, 12:12:26 pm »
H2b recently surprised me with a booking in Europe for our honeymoon trip. ❤️ He was actually the one planning and researching for our honeymoon trip and I was really surprised that he already booked it! Hehe. Super excited na namin! The only thing that makes me nervous is the visa. Mahirap ba kumuha ng schengen visa? Any tips? 😊

Hi sis, share ko lang,  hindi naman kami nahirapan sa pagkuha ng Schengen Visa dito sa SG :) As long as complete mo yung list of requirements. Yung sa bank account lang kasi hindi namin sure how much is enough, yung officer na nagasikaso samin friendly, kaya smooth transaction and wala kaming naging problema.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2016, 10:53:32 pm »
H2b recently surprised me with a booking in Europe for our honeymoon trip. ❤️ He was actually the one planning and researching for our honeymoon trip and I was really surprised that he already booked it! Hehe. Super excited na namin! The only thing that makes me nervous is the visa. Mahirap ba kumuha ng schengen visa? Any tips? 😊

Super easy lang, basta complete ka sa requirements. I went through France VFS, no interviews whatsoever. They asked who I was with though, I said my hubby and gave his scanned passport and  visa. They saw that he was on circulation (multiple entry, longer duration, and he could also renew quicker, less reqts) and didn't ask much questions na after.

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2016, 10:31:05 am »
@iamfarrah: Thank you for the tips!! Will look into groupon when we get there :) We've booked a tour/activity about every other day. So that leaves us with some free time in case there are good deals on groupon :) We were worried the activities we want to do would be booked due to the summer rush, so we booked a lot of stuff in advance. We're planning day trip to Rotoroa (on our way to Napier. Hope that'll be enough time to see the sights!)

Just a question -- what's the weather like during summer? I'm so confused re. what to pack! Some comments online said its warm (they were wearing shorts), while others said it was very cold and drizzled when they went...  Most website said that despite it being summer, I need to pack for "all 4 seasons?"  TIA! :)

iamfarrah

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2016, 11:14:16 am »
sis stella, you don't need to pack bubble jackets naman. mainit sya in fairness pero yung hangin may lamig pa rin lalo na pag pagabi na. pero pag peak kasi ng summer which is december, madalas talaga maaraw at may instances na sobrang dry ng weather kaya tinatake advantage ng mga kiwis talaga pag summer. And good thing summer punta nyo kasi mas marami kayo maaaccomplish in a day kasi mas mahaba yung daytime, almost 9pm na bago mag sunset. i haven't been to south island pero i heard mas malamig daw don. pero i don't think you will be needing winter clothes anymore. maybe mga pang spring collection ganern.

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2016, 01:20:26 pm »
^Got it! will bring a light jacket then hehe, thanks again! :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2016, 02:03:35 am »
Has anyone done an Eastern Europe itinerary passing through Prague then Vienna, Croatia, Malta, Greece and Turkey? Looks like we're pushing through with a second Euromoon next year. :) Im just concerned there will be too many flights and it will jack up the cost so much.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 06:53:01 am by sparklingjewel »

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2016, 03:25:08 pm »
We have booked our Japan trip after our wedding. We will be spending a week there. Di ako pwede magleave ng matagal dahil busy sa office. Happy prep to everyone! ☺️

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2016, 03:38:40 pm »
^Hi could you share your planned itinerary and budget for your Japan trip? We are also thinking of a Japan honeymoon, but parang ayaw ko magbook sa travel agency..

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close