watch now

Author Topic: Duyan - Pampatulog kay baby  (Read 24664 times)

angelzero

  • Guest
Duyan - Pampatulog kay baby
« on: January 25, 2016, 08:51:32 pm »
Hi! I am a new mommy. My baby is just 1 month old. I wonder if ok na ba sya iduyan para makatulog instead of me swaying him till he drifts off? Dami kasi nagsasabi wag sanayin sa karga si baby or else ako rin mahihirapan. What if my instincts tell me na di pa ready si baby? (We also tried kasi yung swaying crib hindi nag work. Iyak lang sya nang iyak). When did you start using duyan as pampatulog? Please share your experiences, mommies and daddies. Thanks! :)

stacies83221

  • Guest
Re: Duyan - Pampatulog kay baby
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 09:06:18 am »
First of all congratulations Mommy and welcome to motherhood. :)

Re: using duyan, I was advised when my daughter was an infant as not to use baby swing unsupervised  in a reclined seating position until she is 4 months because of the danger of suffocation when they slump over.  It was a hit or miss for her, sometimes she liked it, sometimes not. Her swing was more of a place for her to rest or amuse herself that time and did not work as a sleeping aid. If your baby is crying when left in the swing, it might not be for him/her at this time. I started letting my baby use the swing when she was 3.5 months and I never let her sit there for more than 45 mins and unsupervised.

Re: people telling you na wag sanayin kargahin si baby, I beg to disagree. Babies as early as 1 month need our warmth and closeness because they are still adjusting to the new environment and it makes them feel safe and loved, which they REALLY need as this stage. Trust yourinstincts, Mommy. I am sure you will meet a lot of good-meaning people with so many suggestions and comments regarding how you should raise your child. But at the end of the day, it is you who knows what is best for you and your child.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 09:08:17 am by stacies83221 »

angelzero

  • Guest
Re: Duyan - Pampatulog kay baby
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 07:22:56 pm »
^thanks sis! Everyday makes me discover new things about my baby. Mahirap pero masaya. I don't know everything that's why I ask my mom friends and relatives how they handled things when they had a newborn. Ang mahirap tanggapin yung mga unsolicited advice kasi they make me feel inferior, as if what I am doing is wrong. Maybe it's not what they said, it's how they say it. Anyway, thanks again. Kaya namin ni baby to! :)

stacies83221

  • Guest
Re: Duyan - Pampatulog kay baby
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 08:34:26 pm »
Oo sis everyday is an adventure with your LO talaga kaya enjoy every moment of it :) It is good to ask for advices and suggestions from those na may experience but I suggest that you also do research from reputable baby care sites and experts because sometimes some advices are based on pamahiins or have no scientific basis or are already outdated knowledge/info that make them very scary to follow na.

I totally understand how you feel, I think all new moms feel that way, lalo na if it makes you feel guilty or incompetent in caring your baby. But just follow your instincts and your baby´s lead/cues and everything will be OK. It is really trial and error sometimes that is why it is frustrating, but the joy is incomparable when you know that you are getting it right and your baby is thriving and happy. So just hang on and enjoy the ride. :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 08:36:00 pm by stacies83221 »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close