Author Topic: Despedida de Soltera  (Read 8293 times)

Cee05

  • Guest
Despedida de Soltera
« on: January 25, 2016, 07:32:15 pm »
Hi ladies! Need your help :)

I'm not entirely sure who plans the despedida de soltera, I'm guessing it's the bride or at least the bride's side, haha. Usually, it's just the family of the groom and bride, close relatives and close friends of the couple. Are there any other guidelines I should know about? How about principal sponsors? Is the whole entourage expected to be there/ invited?

As for the actual event, any idea where I can host mine? I'm getting married on the first weekend of September so my despedida's going to be on the last weekend of August. I know I still have a lot of time but just wanna cover all bases as early as possible. I'm thinking here lang in Manila. Should I go for a restaurant? Hotel? Clubhouse?

Thank you, ladies! :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Despedida de Soltera
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 09:49:27 pm »
Hi!! I think it really depends on you want to do your Despidida de Soltera. Some have in hotels, some in restaurants, some in their homes.

Usually though it really is just close family and friends, including entourage and principal sponsors. However the last one my parents attended which was in Fairmont, it was really only for entourage and principal sponsors. Not even their first cousins were invited. Same with my cousin too, only entourage with principal sponsors which was done in Chef Jessie in Rockwell Club.

What's nice about Despidida de Soltera is it is more of a casual event. So usually this is when the bride gives a speech to give thanks to her entourage and sponsors. This is especially useful if the bride is traditional and will not speak during the wedding reception.

Also this time can be used for others to give their little speeches if they want to, as opposed to giving it on the wedding day. Haha some bridesmaids have a surprise dance or song number for the bride even-- instead of them performing it at the wedding with so many people, they do it at the despidida.

Or some skip it completely. LOL and I am one of them.

corpse_bride

  • Guest
Re: Despedida de Soltera
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 09:54:43 pm »
Hi, sis! For what I understand, it's usually thrown for the bride by her family. Your future husband & his family could also help out with the preps if they want to. As for the guests, prolly if they're from your side or have gotten close with some of the entourage from your in laws. Dunno with the PSs though. Maybe if you're getting a close relative? For the venue naman, really depends on what you & your family wants. Although nice to have a different feel from your wedding. Like if you'll have your wedding in a hotel, then maybe have your Despedida de Soltera in a restaurant. HTH!


reese17

  • Guest
Re: Despedida de Soltera
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 10:59:49 am »
It was my parents (mostly my mom) who hosted my DDS. :) We invited the entourage and immediate family members. We had it at one of the function rooms of One Shang which has a really sulit rate ah! If you know someone who is a resident, you can rent a function room good for 50 pax at Php 8,000 only. Then we had it catered by Verleo which wasn't bad either. We also brought in a lechon and paid no corkage. :)

shopaholic

  • Guest
Re: Despedida de Soltera
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 09:32:07 am »
Reviving this thread. Anyone who's recently had a despedida de soltera? My dad is hosting one for me, we've decided on a venue already, but I'm not exactly sure whom to invite, or how many people should be invited. Any ideas? TIA!

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Despedida de Soltera
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 09:40:01 am »
^ Where is your venue? I wanted to do this sana because I have a lot of relatives who will not be able to make it.

Any suggestions for a budget friendly DDS?

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Despedida de Soltera
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 11:18:54 am »
^we will be hosting one at our home. It's also a sort of welcome to the family of my groom and my friends who are flying in from Manila. So we'll have it a day before the wedding  :)

bersh

  • Guest
Re: Despedida de Soltera
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 03:53:00 pm »
In our case, it will be hosted by the groom's family. I never really plan for this. But since h2b will be celebrating his birthday this October and we'll be getting married in December, his family thought that his birthday celebration can be merged into our despedida de soltera. But only close relatives are invited. :-)

shopaholic

  • Guest
Re: Despedida de Soltera
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 02:00:21 pm »
I'm having one for 50 close friends and family at Prohibition in Greenbelt 😊 Price is reasonable. Other options could be a restaurant like La Creperie that allows you to close their restaurant for a minimum consumable amount. Or maybe a clubhouse in one of the villages 😀

slipshod

  • Guest
Re: Despedida de Soltera
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2018, 11:29:44 pm »
Hi ladies! Need your help :)

I'm not entirely sure who plans the despedida de soltera, I'm guessing it's the bride or at least the bride's side, haha. Usually, it's just the family of the groom and bride, close relatives and close friends of the couple. Are there any other guidelines I should know about? How about principal sponsors? Is the whole entourage expected to be there/ invited?

As for the actual event, any idea where I can host mine? I'm getting married on the first weekend of September so my despedida's going to be on the last weekend of August. I know I still have a lot of time but just wanna cover all bases as early as possible. I'm thinking here lang in Manila. Should I go for a restaurant? Hotel? Clubhouse?

Thank you, ladies! :)


Reviving this thread  :) Normally, I wouldn't have considered a Despedida de Soltera, but I thought it would be nice to host a Sunset Barbecue / Welcome dinner for my guests especially the ones flying in from outside the country.

Just wondering what happens in a Despedida de Soltera? Is it a casual dinner with maybe a speech that the bride gives? Lol! Thanks  ;D

agape

  • Guest
Re: Despedida de Soltera
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 03:27:46 am »
Is this similar to the
bachelor / bachelorette party
bridal shower / wedding shower?

vangiefn

  • Guest
Re: Despedida de Soltera
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2019, 12:55:43 am »
Hi ! Can anyone help me to plan a very basic or simple program for Despedida De Soltera? I'm planning to throw one for my daughter this coming May 4, and  I have no idea at all about the flow of the party. I have planned to do it in Manila Hotel for  150 close friends and relatives including my daughter's High School and College Best Friends. I appreciate it so much for an immediate response or please you can send it  to my email ( vangie.tuason@yahoo.com.ph ). Thank you so much.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close