Author Topic: Wedding Supplier Tips  (Read 7860 times)

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Supplier Tips
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2016, 04:11:03 pm »
^ review your contracts sis..As far as I know, feeding our suppliers will be our responsibility. So  I don't really think that it will be counted as tip. But then again, giving tips is not obligatory unless it's the caterers that we are talking about. It would still be upto you as to what you want to give if you want to give a tip, but feeding them your caterer's meals isn't counted sis. Sorry.

pogi02

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Supplier Tips
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2016, 04:24:56 pm »
^ Alright, thanks for the honest response sis. :) Still planning to give something pa rin naman those who will really touch our hearts up to the wedding day. But still, undecided pa rin what to give. Kaya naisip ko kung pwede na ba yun? Haha! Im sorry. Will still think about it. :)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 04:32:35 pm by pogi02 »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Supplier Tips
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2016, 05:43:11 pm »
I agree with Missus O. Tips are not obligatory and for most suppliers, a token gift will do. Of course, this is something I learned late as I kept tipping my HMUA for my 2 prenup shoots giving and additional 1k. Apparently this isnt the norm.

But if there are people you should tip despite the service charge, I agree that it would have to be the waiters.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 11:29:22 am by Chili1113 »

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Supplier Tips
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2016, 07:28:12 am »
agree with other sissies here. giving tips is not obligatory. if feel mo na may nagawa silang something exceptional sa wedding mo and gusto mo silang ireward then go ahead. pero walang pilitan. and kahit ano pwede naman:) agree din dun sa giving tips sa mga waiters pero dependent pa din sa performance nila. if daming palpak, tagal kumilos or mali mali sinerve, i don't think deserve nila bigyan:)

nikkipedia

  • Guest
SUPPLIERS' TIP, CREW MEAL OR ALLOWANCE
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2016, 03:26:20 am »
Hello Admin, pls delete if may existing na   ;D

Sissies, I'd like to ask for your Wedding Suppliers...

1. Will you be providing MEAL ALLOWANCE(Cash) or CREW MEAL (c/o caterer or ordered outside) ???

2. Magbibigay ba kayo ng TIP on the day itself? cash, gift, etc.?

This is what's confusing me tonight. Happy preps! TIA sa mga magrereply. God bless!!! <3

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: SUPPLIERS' TIP, CREW MEAL OR ALLOWANCE
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2016, 07:13:30 am »
^ There is actually a thread like this - http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,292581.0.html

- your first question depends on you. It's really either or. As long as you give your supplier something.  Better ask your coordinator and the hotel your staying in. There might be corkages for food brought in from the outside premise.. The second one, please backread.  Link has been provided.

yummymummy

  • Guest
Re: SUPPLIERS' TIP, CREW MEAL OR ALLOWANCE
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2016, 12:11:24 pm »
Yes you have to provide the meals for the suppliers including their assistants, so you need to know how many they will bring etc. Tips not needed.

Cess Sarah

  • Guest
Re: SUPPLIERS' TIP, CREW MEAL OR ALLOWANCE
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2016, 12:16:11 pm »
Usually nagpro-provide ng crew meal or meal allowance pero depende siguro sa mapaguusapan niyo. Re tip, depende sa inyo.

ninja8

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Supplier Tips
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2016, 01:35:17 pm »
Ako I would give gifts or tokens to main suppliers but my supplier friend said kahit acknowdledgment lang during the couple speeches will do. Like thank you to our Photographer "(insert name) for being with us, our planner etc etc. Come to think of it, some suppliers even earn more than we do

As for the service crew, these are the people that I will really give out tips. Service charge only goes to those who are regular employees. Waiters and servers are mostly contractual so they dont get a cut from ther service charge except for the head waiter. Kahit Php Php 200 each lang for six waiters example and Im sure they will appreciate it.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Supplier Tips
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2016, 10:53:22 pm »
^Really sis? Ive never attended the wedding wherein the suppliers were thanked in the speeches hehe.

I think it is more personal and appreciative to write personal notes and give token gifts to the suppliers. If ever we do thank our suppliers publicly, perhaps it will be through FB post (like a picture with a tag--thanking the photographer), which will in fact help them more as far as supplier recommendations go.

Personally though, I prefer not to mention my suppliers during the speeches.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 10:55:15 pm by Chili1113 »

ninja8

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Supplier Tips
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2016, 05:26:20 am »
Yeah thats what she said dear @chili1113 like when you thanked everyone for attending your most special day and those who helped in making it possible (suppliers).

Most of the weddings Ive attended greeted their suppliers (didnt specify everyone though).Although meron akong napanood na video na father of the bride who commended the host for being a great one. dun natawa ako since nasingit nya icommend si Atom Ungson aside from giving out advices to the couple :)
It fastens up DAW the deliverables of their work. Hahaha!

Ako honestly I dont mind lalo since overseas bride ako. Ill mention planner, photog, videog, host. It really depends on the couple though plus the tokens. I feel that I owe it to them too  :) plus the FB posting


yummymummy

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Supplier Tips
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2016, 11:37:56 am »
Agree, I wouldn't include thanking suppliers/coordinators in the wedding speech. I mean, you hired them & paid for the service that's why they're there - I guess maybe if they really did something beyond the call of duty. I like to keep the wedding speech heartfelt and simple, so more about family & friends as this is not just about the wedding but about the couple's life together, rather than appear like a tv variety show.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Supplier Tips
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2016, 02:23:18 pm »
^Also my sentiments sis =) =) I think speeches should be more about family and friends, especially those who have played a big role in making the couple's relationship a success. After all, it is a celebration of a couple's unity in the presence of all their loved ones, whom the couple must thank for their coming to share the couple's joy in their union.

I feel that including suppliers in the speeches emphasize the more "trivial" frills of the wedding such as photo, video, etc. although these are very important elements in an event. However they are paid suppliers, and I do not think it is expected nor entirely appropriate to include them in the speeches.

In formal event speeches only guests are supposed to be addressed.  =)

ninja8

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Supplier Tips
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2016, 07:59:55 pm »
I am not saying that we mention & market them more than we thanked our guests. I just dont want them to feel undervalued since Ive seen how their work goes. Paid or not paid you can actually see the difference of each supplier for a couple who has treated them nicely. To each his own I guess :)

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Supplier Tips
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2016, 06:21:52 am »
^ako i actually mentioned our suppliers during our thank you speech. first the parents, family, friends then the guests who went to our wedding. tapos i briefly thanked the suppliers din kasi our wedding won't be successful without their help too. parang courtesy lang :D

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close