watch now

Author Topic: Young looking and radiant skin routine (not makeup)  (Read 5952 times)

mikewazowski

  • Guest
Young looking and radiant skin routine (not makeup)
« on: January 21, 2016, 03:15:44 pm »
CLEAR (minimal hyperpigmentation/pores)


Naiinggit talaga ako sa sobrang fresh at pang baby na perfect yung itsura at feel ng skin nila. How to achieve this?


Preferably not by makeup / facials. Yung kaya gawin sa bahay ^_^


Effect that LAST LONG when maintained. Hindi yung within a certain number or hours or within that day lang hehe.


Please mention:
1. Your skin type (oily/acidic/acne prone/etc)
2. Products used/Cost/Wtb




---
Curious din ako sa essence / emulsion (?) (Korean routine)

ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Young looking and radiant skin routine (not makeup)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 08:48:46 am »
I don't have clear skin pero using masks help.

Overnight/sleeping, sheet, clay, rinse-off pwede naman gawin more than 3 times a week.

rhumbafrapp

  • Guest
Re: Young looking and radiant skin routine (not makeup)
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 10:14:33 am »
I am oily (t-zone) up to now
Products i use are mostly japanese ones- not necessarily high end ones pero they work. Cost i am ok with spending more (reasonable for me) pero i am sure hindi ako mag breakout . mas mahal magrepair ng skin , not just financially but also emotionally kasi yun self confidence mo ma affect din

Late 20s ko na na achieve ang "flawless skin "ko. In my book, ang flawless for me is yun walang pimple, even skintone, small and not visible pores (not poreless kasi Hindi yata achievable sa manila yan) It was a very long process, from my teens na kasumpa sumpa sa acne (but no marks kasi Hindi naman ako nagpipick ng pimples)...I guess important from the start palang na may routine ka na This worked for me ha, but it may not work for all

Cleanse- remove all traces of makeup, sunblock by using oil based remover and cetaphil yun purple. Take it from me you don't need fancy cleanser. I use kose softymo I got it sa HK converted wala pa 350-500 pesos Pero it lasts mga about 4months on me with daily use. Cetaphil I think less than 1000)
Toner- I skip this most of the time, Pero if I do I use hadalabo's(forgot the price siguro 1000 . If may occasional zit I use medicated ones (may clinda or erythromycin-based toners). I buy sa derma
Moisturize- super important. Hadalabo din Pero kiehls ultra facial cream is also ok
Sunblock- I started when I was 16. To be fair, kahit I commute and I walk a lot outside, konti freckles (im fair), walang sunspots and I don't have wrinkles. It really helps to protect your skin. I use biore (cheap and it works). Sanayan lang din sa sunblock. Meron sa Watson's and price is  reasonable
Exfoliate- I bought recently yun powerpeel package sa flawless and it helped a lot. I have clarisonic din which I use at times. Pwede din st Ives (mga 200-300) lang cheap naman and ok din
Masks- I do acv+bentonite clay masks once in a while. Pag naalala ko lang.
Creams- eye cream, facial cream. Depends naman kung ano need ng skin mo

I want to add lang, makeup can help with the illusion of clear skin. I think factor din kasi na di talaga tayo mapoporeless like mga Koreans kasi pollution galore and ang init init sa atin.isa pa if you commute. Keri na yun a little cc cream/liquid foundi and powder. Another tip is always always wash your face at night. Huwag matulog ng may makeup, sisingilin ka ng skin mo the next morning . Also don't touch ng touch ng face kasi andami ng kamay natin. Never pick your pimples. If nagkaka acne ka na, go to derma asap . Sila talaga makakrecommend kung anong gagawin. Yes a little expensive Pero you save in the long run naman

Nako andami ko na sinabi. Hehe HTH

rhumbafrapp

  • Guest
Re: Young looking and radiant skin routine (not makeup)
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 01:15:07 pm »
^ I go to flawless, once a month, for powerpeel. They have in house derma so I get to ask mga concerns ko.

FayeP

  • Guest
Re: Young looking and radiant skin routine (not makeup)
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 03:53:29 am »
hay ang gastos magkaron ng magandang skin...


sis rhumbafrapp, di din ako familiar, un powerpeel, eh same ba ito un mga chemical peel sa ibang derma? dati kasi yung derma sa Slimmers World makati, dun kasi ako nagpapafacial at diamond peel dati, she recommended chemical peel..parang green na amoy astringent ginamit nya...same ba un?

mimiku

  • Guest
Re: Young looking and radiant skin routine (not makeup)
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 07:56:17 am »
I want this as well. Though right now, I am so busy with taking care of mu daughter. She's just 4 months so parang napabayaan ko sarili ko. I want to have a clear skin. Ngayon kasi facial wash and moisturizer lang. Just want to ask, do facials really helps? How many times do you need to go to have your face cleaned up? Thanks!

kutitapkiss

  • Guest
Re: Young looking and radiant skin routine (not makeup)
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 08:17:05 am »
^ facials absolutely help sis. i go once a week pag kaya ng sched. kung pwede lang every other day e haha adik lang. lalo na kung mejo prone ka sa clogged pores, nothing beats facial.

like what others said, facial mask will help maintain. pero for me ha, hindi sha nagwwork kung panay masks lang. pang maintain lang talaga sha ng facial cleaning. again, i myself is prone to clogged pores. so yep facial is a must for me. no amount of makeup kasi can mask the tiny bumps sa skin mo e. young looking talaga for me is clean/small pores. of course with minimal fine lines.  skin regimen for anti -aging is the solution naman for that.

sis rhumbafrappe how much ang powerpeel sa flawless? may mga packages ba sila? super dami kong pimple marks ngayon kasi bonggang breakout ko end quarter last yr. wala na akong pimples pero kakastress parin yung pimple marks

rhumbafrapp

  • Guest
Re: Young looking and radiant skin routine (not makeup)
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 06:42:46 am »
Powerpeel,for me, parang intense diamond pee . They use crystals to exfokiate . 2000 per sesh but they have promo packages like 3+1 or 8+4.. It comes with facial nadin

Yes magastos talaga I agree

Will try the masks- what do you recommend ladies?

kutitapkiss

  • Guest
Re: Young looking and radiant skin routine (not makeup)
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 08:30:30 am »
^ yup had powerpeel before pero hindi sa flawless, 3 sessions palang naglighten na ng sobra pimple marks ko. mahal nga sa flawless hehe.

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Young looking and radiant skin routine (not makeup)
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 08:47:44 am »
Using face masks is a great help, imho. 😊

cutemama

  • Guest
Re: Young looking and radiant skin routine (not makeup)
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 09:44:03 am »
Im so blessed to have a clear skin.. sa awa ni Lord hindi ako nagkakapimple kaya low maintenance lang..

I just make sure to wash my face everyday and everynight with Kojic soap, tapos cleanser toner and nivea.. naglalagay ako ng nivea everynight before going to sleep to moisturize my skin, medyo oily nga lang siya sa face, pero kebs lang matutulog na rin naman.. pag gising ko super soft and smooth ng face ko..

Pag feeling ko dull na face ko I use rejuvenating kit like PSCF or Beauche twice or thrice a year para pumuti and magpeel.

I also exfoliate my face once in a while pag sinisipag with st. Ives apricot scrub. Magansa siya and soft yung skin ko after.
Three years na ata ko hindi nakakapagfacial. Ang gusto ko lang sa facila eh narerelax ang face ko pag minamassage na sarap matulog.


iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Young looking and radiant skin routine (not makeup)
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2016, 10:02:42 am »
^ yung nivea sa blue tin can sis?

cutemama

  • Guest
Re: Young looking and radiant skin routine (not makeup)
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2016, 10:12:59 am »
^yup sis yung color blue..

ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Young looking and radiant skin routine (not makeup)
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2016, 12:16:47 pm »
Sorry long post. Medyo excited kasi ako because I'm quite close to achieving that radiant skin (forget about the young looking part because I'm not anymore I'm 42).

rhumbafrapp, I'm biased towards Korean masks. I have dry and mature skin so I buy the high-end Sulwhasoo, Whoo and Leaders, and the premium lines from the affordable Missha, Face Shop and the brands sold at Wishtrend like Benton, Skin&lab, CosRX, etc. Pag bata ka pa naman like you are only in your 20s with a healthy lifestyle, pwede ka pa with the budget friendly skincare.

Maganda din ang SK-II (old formulation) which I stock for special occassions. If you are on a tight budget and you only have to spend on one mask, get the Sulwhasoo Overnight Vitalizing Mask. I had it for over a year now, weekly usage ako 2x a week and may natitira pa ako half. A little goes a long way. It is in a tube kaya long lasting, I can still smell the ginseng. I also keep it in a drawer away from sunlight. This mask is good for all ages.

Montagne Jeunesse (7th Heaven) is good too for clarifying and exfoliation, more affordable. I haven't tried their hydrating range yet but it looks good.

TS Mikewazowski, I used to have clear skin until hormones, the sun and age caught up with me. Ngayon naman minimal pigmentation and my pores are quite okay now, except sa nose kasi pawisin ako dito. My monthly lasers and lactic acid peels are not enough that's why I follow the Korean regimen at night of 6 to 7 steps but in the morning, just water to wash my face, moisturiser or hydrating toner or first treatment/essence, physical sunblock. Pag dating ng trabaho, I put on my tinted moisturiser or bb cream with a high spf if I feel like it. 

re the Korean essence/serum, the West is catching up with the first treatment/essence/serum meron na rin ang Estee Lauder, I would have liked to get the SK-II but ang mahal so I had Missha, which I liked. Now waiting for my order of the CosRX version which I ordered from Wishtrend. I'm also planning to try Iope's Bio Essence Intensive, Face Shop Smimm, Skin&lab Bio Infusion, Kiehls Iris Activating essence, Sum37 serums.

A Korean lady once told me they have to work hard and spend a lot of money to get good skin. Wala daw sa genes. Vegetables on their diet, dermatologists, skincare products, sauna, sun protection, cosmetics, surgeries. She goes to South Korea yearly to get her lasers, fillers, facials, botox, etc.

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Young looking and radiant skin routine (not makeup)
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2016, 12:15:13 pm »
^ sis with all due respect (and gusto ko talaga ako sa detailed post  sa skincare mo) I disagree with the korean lady you mentioned. Although genes aren't everything, they help. a LOT.

Like what if you get the crappiest skin ever that reacts to everything, super oily pa, and dry in certain areas like cheeks and eyes na nagflake with level 5 cystic pimples, that leave pock marks with hyper pigmentation plus hairy mukha mo. LOL (over exaggeration I know) but this one..lets say can be treated with enough money of course. And yung iba (and yes, they do exist) yung flawless maputi (scandinavian, spanish/chinese mix). Siguro mas less costly yung latter but genes play a good role, we're just fighting different concerns :) What works for one doesnt work for another because..genes :) sabagay, skin is never one aspect lang.. daming factors.

hayy naku kaloka yung iba tubig lang and ano ano lang lagay sa mukha flawless pa din. parang camera 360 yung face.

hindi ako flawless skin, because I have dark undereyes and the occasional pimple nearing period days. What I do though is at least wash my face before sleeping..either with cetaphil/physiogel.. then moisturize with either of the two. Sometimes magallergy ako sa cetaphil/physiogel though. :( :( I'm blessed/cursed with hypersensitive skin.. :(

and rarely wear makeup. which is the biggest irony of my life because palagi ako ask ng ask and buy makeup (that I use once a month! LOL) Anyone know any healing makeup? But that's my preference ha. So many girls I know are flawless kahit makeup everyday. So I think you just need to properly remove all traces of makeup.

And bakit walang hypoallergenic masks and serums? (e.g cetaphil mask, physiogel serum)

Also, I think Leaders is now available sa Watsons. woooo (or SM dept store?)

pwede magsuggest ng gluta injection? LOL
(pero beware! yung iba HEAVY BREAKOUTS) hiyangan din

ohcmon

  • Guest
Re: Young looking and radiant skin routine (not makeup)
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2016, 02:11:37 pm »
re the Korean essence/serum, the West is catching up with the first treatment/essence/serum meron na rin ang Estee Lauder, I would have liked to get the SK-II but ang mahal so I had Missha, which I liked.

Sis, ito ba 'yung Missha First Treatment Essence? How was it? I've been using the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence, and while hands down ako sa effect and formulation niya, may kamahalan so I'm looking for something that I can alternate it with.

--
TS, build your skincare routine one-by-one so you'll know din what works for you. Kung maachieve mo your desired skin with less products/treatments, better 'di ba? You don't have to buy a lot at once naman.

Slightly OT, but my mom whose routine lang is to wash her face and apply moisturizer can not believe my evening routine lol. I always get teased whenever they see me with a mask or something at night. Ang tiyaga ko daw. Tiis-ganda lang talaga. ;D

ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Young looking and radiant skin routine (not makeup)
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2016, 02:23:11 pm »
^Yes it's the Missha First Treatment Essence. I had it when it was first released. I heard na new formulation na. Maganda din sa skin pero hindi ko na naubos kasi mabilis ako magsawa. May natitira pa akong half, rancid na nga smells like sweat. Fault ko rin for buying the biggest bottle.

ohcmon

  • Guest
Re: Young looking and radiant skin routine (not makeup)
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2016, 02:26:36 pm »
^ May I ask sis kung may iba pang reason why you stopped using it other than you got sawa?  Malapit na maubos my 2nd bottle of SK-II so buy na sana ako ng Missha before maubos. Kung hindi okay sa akin, SK-II ulit kahit nakakaiyak the price lol.

Ma.Jewel_1987

  • Guest
Re: Young looking and radiant skin routine (not makeup)
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2016, 02:30:47 pm »
I have super duper oily skin as in pwedi na sya iderecho sa kawali, every month ako nagpapafacial since oily ako kasunod nun acne naman, i use clynda toner and anti sebum facial wash from derma, hindi na kasing grabe ng dati yung face ko malaki ang improvement but its still far from perfect, im planning to have laser treatments mejo naduduwag pa lang ako since masakit ata sya.

ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Young looking and radiant skin routine (not makeup)
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2016, 03:45:58 pm »
^^Tinamad din but truth is I regret not continuing it. When I stopped, the brightness of my face was reduced. I thought that replacing it with a hyaluronic acid serum (Indeed Labs Hydraluron) for hydration kaya hindi ko muna ginamit ang Missha kasi may vit C serum din naman for the brightness. Naging hydrated nga pero bawas brightness. Mas okay pa hydration when I don't use a cleanser in the morning. Kaya balik na ako sa first treatment essence pero try ko muna other dupes before going back to Missha. Below links will help you decide.

https://beautifulbuns.wordpress.com/2014/10/26/round-up-5-treatment-toners-to-try/   

http://musicalhouses.blogspot.com.au/2016/01/sk-ii-facial-treatment-essence-dupe.html?m=1 - that's just part 1, she hasn't posted the remaining 4 parts

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close