Thanks mga sis for your responses. I'm much better now and was able to agree among ourselves some middle ground.
Sharing a little background din (sorry medyo long). i tried to just post the gist, pero hirap pala iexplain ng di mahaba ang post.
So to add sa initial post ko... This is how the events have transpired:
1. My kids have known BF for a couple of years. Before I started dating (way back 2012 pa, if you can go back to old posts ...), asked kids if okay Mom can meet new friends. They said it is fine. But it took me siguro over a year din before ko pinakilala si BF coz I want to make sure na worth the risk si BF
2. Fast forward... My son blurted out nga na, not too comfy if Uncle is around permanently. Okay lang if he is here once in a while like weekends etc.
3. When I told BF what my son said, bf said iwasan na muna nya mga anak ko as it seems they need space. He has to respect their privacy. And since we have agreed naman talaga long before na kids priority, he has to step back a little. But he said it doesn't mean he is leaving the relationship. He will still be around me, yun nga medyo ilag sya if it concerns the kids as he feels unwelcome.
4. So dito ako nag Isip na it is not workable if they cannot get along. If BF feels awkward na to face the kids as he feels they don't like him, then di naman puede naka split time ko all the time? 3 years and ganito parin? If start ng dating siguro ok lang, but not this point.
5. So at this point, I want to break it off with my BF. Sabi nga ni sis glamorosa, if ganyan sya kababaw, I don't want this relationship. Ni hindi panga kami nag uumpisa living in one roof, ganyan na. What more sa ibang issues pa na daratung?
6. Apparently, my BF was trying pala NOT to tell me something but he eventually did. He said, if you're walking out of this relationship, at the least, you should just know this....
Tinext sya ng anak ko na 'please agree to mom's plan but I'm uncomfy though, don't tell mom.'
Initially he thought, by not telling me, he is protecting my son. Keeping his word. But since sobrang bothered sya dahil First Sa pagkaka slam ko, I'm close to my Son but apparently he was hiding something ('don't tell Mom) so as a Mother, i need to know. Second, I thought of him as feeling mababaw, parang ganito lang, ikasisira na namin.
7. So binalikan ko Anak ko. But I didn't tell him alam ko na tinxt nya BF. I talked to him again trying to understand more.
So assessment ko, yes di sila close Kay BF. But if BF won't make that move to be in the house, they can never bond or be comfortable with each other.
And Isa pa, assessment ko din na my kids don't dislike him. Of course not that they always look for him or so fond of him. But at the least Hindi naman sya kinamumuhian. So I explained to BF the situation. Pero this is very subjective talaga. Ano ba totoong nararamdaman ng kids ko is the key. I try to be open to them. I hope di ako nagkakamali sa pagkakilala ko sa kanila.
Is your kid open to the idea na kilalanin rin niya ang boyfriend mo? Sa naiimagine ko naman baka your kid still wants your attention, baka effect rin yan na nasaktan rin siya sa paghihiwalayan niyo ng father niya.
Yes they are. It is just that we all have very busy schedules.
Maybe sis hindi pa ganun kaklose your son/kids kay current bf.. How long have you been together ba and do they also spend a lot of time together para mag bonding? Maybe they need to spend time with him, but with not you around
bonding ng mga boys kumbaga.. Para mapalapit pa lalo loob niya sa bf mo
I think just give it time pa sis.. Maybe may trauma pa son mo from your previous marriage. Takot lamg siguro siya maulit what happened..
Yes they're not as close, kasi I don't want to force the situation. But kids kasi, I think the younger they are, the easier it is to integrate them with a new partner, but as they get into their teen years, Mas reserved na sila.
If they can do it, then, maybe TS you don't love the guy that much yet....i mean, not enough to choose him over your kids, anyway..
Iyan nga, but even if i love him, how can you choose the guy over your kids. Knowing walang ibang maasahan kids no except you.
Kahit naman gawin ko din choosing him over the kids, di ko siguro kaya at di din ako makatulog ng maayos. And I'm sure, di papayag si BF. As he has his own kids din and he knows/ or at least should understand this.