Author Topic: How do you prepare for WAR?  (Read 2245 times)

j.adore

• Super GirlTalker
How do you prepare for WAR?
« on: November 18, 2015, 09:28:17 pm »
With what's happening around the world, I'm paranoid that we'll see full-scale war during our time.. As regular citizens, what can we do to prepare for this?

Would the calamity preps (similar to the earthquake thread) apply? Is money still good during these times?

Do you think this is far-fetched or I'm not the only one?

letters_to_cleo

• Senior GirlTalker
  • happy, happy. my goal is to be happy!
    • Geek Wearing Makeup
Re: How do you prepare for WAR?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 11:34:41 pm »
I live  in Europe, yung katabi ng France and Belgium, so for me ramdam ko yung high alert dito.  Pati NL hinahanapan na rin ng mga terrorists.  Ang laidback ng bansang ito pero the past weeks vigilant na sa metro and subways ang mga inspectors.  How do I prepare for war? I go and live my life as I see fit pa rin, wala kasi tayong control when war happens.  It will hit us na lang.  But I still save money ( now lalo, the safest place to place our money is in Asia, in Pinas) and still have my future plans in place (investments etc.) , good thing is Asia, at least our part of Asia, is relatively peaceful, China lang naman ang makulit, but even them are okay  na rin.

I had a talk with a colleague a month ago about the migration being used as a way for terrorist to come to Europe, and ayan na nga,  he said, europe will go down if these refugees keep coming ( sa totoo lang ha, napakaarte rin ng ibang migrants from these wartorn countries ha! gusto nila malapit sa city ang accomodation, tapos nagrereklamo ng kung ano ano, haller! taxes ng nagtratrabaho sa europa ang nagpapakain sa kanila! at marami ring mahirap sa europa lalo sa espanya, greece at mga eastern countries! kaya  nakakainis rin talaga pag nagpapaawa sila). Sabi nung colleague ko, buti pa daw ako, may choice pa rin, pwedeng mag-Asia samantalang sila stuck na sa Europa...napaisip ako,  oonga, masarap para sa akin ang maging pinoy sa panahong ito, lalo magulo sa ibang parte ng mundo, at naisip ko ang pinoy talaga mas matapang ang loob makipagsapalaran, malakas ang resilience natin sa buhay.

commish

• One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
  • GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 02:18:56 am »
nope youre not the only one, just as i was reading the news and imaginatively thinking "only war can change the philippines" i stumbled on this hehe.

1. prepare my logistics. is it still safe here or abroad? where are the vital areas, hard hit areas, areas that most likely wouldnt be hit probably because of political and strategical importance. dito ka rin kasi mageestablish ng safe area mo.

2. look for point persons. kontakin ko na mga tropa kong sundalo, mga anak ng heneral at iba pa. of all people that knows the in and outs and what to come. sila yun.

3. research on the enemy if theres still time. every nationality has its own "art of war". for me vital yan, like the chinese which is known for divide and conquer, the us which utilizes propaganda. so depende kung sino susugod sa atin.

4. its a 50/50 probability, pero malamang sa malamang maraming pilipinong babalimbing. history has proven this over and over again. importance of this is knowing kung anong isasakripisyo ng mga balimbing (which is most likely those in power) just to save their asses. pag may konting idea na kung ano yun, id stay out of it.

isa ba ako sa mga lalaban against mga mananakop? yes ! but ill make sure my family is safe first.

sketchy and impromptu concept but i guess itll do

inu-nuke ba tayo? hell no! sa galing bumalimbing ng pinoy, why would the enemy use immense resource sa isang kalabang who will just lie on their belly? haha.
What I want is just like what women wants.
something between a box of chocolate and a good conversation.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear
but of power, love and sound mind. - II Timothy 1:7

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 01:42:51 pm »
my opinion naman is

learn how to Prep....you know...like preppers.

if there's going to be wide spread war at hindi tayo kasama, there will be some sort of economic hardship. maraming hindi maiimport because the sources will be gone, if not gone, trade routes will be disrupted.

so part of the solution would be to learn to live sustainably on your own.

on the other hand, if ever masakop ulit ang bansa tulad ng panahon ng hapon. the skills developed from being a prepper can be handy. may mga tao nga ngayon, kahit simple na luto hindi kaya.

outdoor and survival skills is a must too. i hope hindi sumikat etong trend ng outdoor/survival because of some impending war...sana trend lang... and pag nagkagulo, mahirap to stay at home. and one might have to flee on foot and carry what you can carry.

may limitation ang gadgets. pag nahulihan ka, maaaring maging issue. pag kinulong ka naman aalisin nila lahat yun sa iyo. so the best way is to learn a lot....nasa indian, wala sa pana. ang ang nagpapagalaw ng indian ay yung utak.

learning to use and manipulate weapons will also come in handy...

aside from all these, it all depends on the heavens.

sa dami dami na ng tao sa Pilipinas, ewan ko na saan pa tatakbo ang mga tao. sa normal na araw nga traffic na...yun pang nagkakagulo na.

i opine best strategy for pinas is to be an open country. pag nakapasok na sila, at nag establish. doon na banatan.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 01:46:27 pm by akthung »
I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

FayeP

• mom of three boys
  • Super GirlTalker
  • life's good!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 11:15:25 pm »
bro akthung, di ba sa kabilang thread meron kayo pa-seminar about sa prepping for disasters? meron din bang seminar for prepping for war?
"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."
                                     -Psalm 18:2

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 06:39:32 am »
the way i see it sis,

if you want to prepare for war, you have to learn as much as you can.

i think sakop na yan preppring/survival/outdoor/

ang hindi lang sakop is "luck"

but learning how to be self sustainable, learning field medicine/battle field medicine, medicinal plants, how to survive with little tools etc, procure water food blah blah....that will all help and increase your chances of survival...increase lang.

other than that nasa awa na ang tao sa itaas.

in australia, kahit hindi nasakop ang bansa (although darwin was attacked), people survived through home gardening and other gawang bahay na maiisip mo, supplies kasi from europe and us were cut off due to war and roaming subs

I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

rheinfall18

• living♀..laughing♫..loving..♥
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • God's in His heaven, all is right with the world
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 01:43:40 pm »
wow, never thought may ganitong thread until now. napapa-isip tuloy ako. mahilig ako manood ng disaster films believing marami ako matutunan come any disaster will hit our land, tsunami man yan o zombies hehe but war?! i want to learn! :)
"Be mentally stronger than what you physically/emotionally feel."

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close