Author Topic: How early did you buy your wedding shoes?  (Read 4862 times)

burberi

  • Guest
How early did you buy your wedding shoes?
« on: November 07, 2015, 08:16:02 pm »
I have a discount code sa Kate Spade and found shoes that I really really like. Problem is, sa Feb 2017 pa ang wedding. Do you think it's too early to buy shoes now? Ang worry ko kasi baka sa tagal nyang naka-store maging brittle or magchange ng color (parang old rose naman yung color so hindi naman maninilaw like pag puti). Or baka pagdating ng wedding date hindi na ako super excited suotin shoes/may makita akong nagustuhan ko rin. What do you think????

maukris

  • Guest
Re: How early did you buy your wedding shoes?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 10:54:16 pm »
Before my 2nd fitting ng gown. Kasi dala ko na sis yung shoes nung nag fit ako ng may skirt na, para sakto yung length.

Sis okay lang naman, basta final na yung theme mo, or motif, baka kasi mag change yung mind mo, di na bagay si shoes.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: How early did you buy your wedding shoes?
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 11:05:58 pm »
I bought my 1st pair 9 months before the wedding, and got reception shoes 7 months before the wedding. I started shoe shopping early because I saw a pair that was nice and was on sale! I knew I would regret it if I didnt buy it.

Anyway, what I did was wrap my shoes in japanese paper to keep away from dust, but the leather can still breathe. Then I threw in a big bag of desiccant gel in the box, to absorb moisture and to avoid the shoes getting moldy. =) I think your shoes should be fine if you do this! =)

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: How early did you buy your wedding shoes?
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 08:51:32 am »
^My church wedding will be in June 2016, but I've already bought shoes last may or April pa. Pero, those shoes I bought din kasi  I wore it to our civil union June of this year.  Pero I also have another pair of shoes na I'm thinking I can wear sa wedding. This one  I've worn it twice na. I bought it mga 2012 or 2013 pa yata. I've  encased it in n a clear shoebox.  So far naman wala naman akong issues dun sa mga shoes na maluluma or what.   

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: How early did you buy your wedding shoes?
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 06:45:45 am »
a month before the wedding ako bumili shoes kasi need sya dalhin for the final fitting of the gown para makita yung length and also, nagDIY kami ng "I Do" beads sa likod nya kaya inagahan ng onti:)

meixin

  • Guest
Re: How early did you buy your wedding shoes?
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 08:42:28 am »
Jan 2017 bride ako and I bought my shoes na nung october (excited lang :P ) Although I will still look around, I might find something else that I will love. Yung current na nabili ko I can use for my engagement ceremony  :)

120515

  • Guest
Re: How early did you buy your wedding shoes?
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 02:55:42 pm »
i bought my shoes 13 months before our church wedding  ;D i've used it a bunch of times, the first time being our civil wedding and then to 3 other events, including our prenup shoot...my husband is the one who is worried about my shoes looking worn but they still look new...also, buying them early allowed me to break them in properly  :)

abbeyS

  • Guest
Re: How early did you buy your wedding shoes?
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 05:08:37 pm »
i bought mine last july, 5 months before the big day. I have used it na sa 1st and 2nd gown fitting for the length adjustment. And sometimes wearing it sa house to break them in. Now i feel at ease somehow compared nung una kong gamit :) 40 days to go weeee!

tin_dc

  • Guest
Re: How early did you buy your wedding shoes?
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 04:15:41 am »
I'm glad may ganitong thread narin. Been wondering about the same thing. 2017 pa kasi ang wedding namin, pero meron nako ina-eye na wedding shoes. Thanks sissies sa tips and suggestions!

burberi

  • Guest
Re: How early did you buy your wedding shoes?
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 10:57:58 pm »
yay so happy to find out na hindi lang pala ako ang excited bumili ng sapatos hehe. though, i'll let the kate spade coupon pass na muna. baka sakaling may better deals in the future. definitely before the second fitting, may shoes na ako. :)

thanks for sharing!

barbeecue

  • Guest
Re: How early did you buy your wedding shoes?
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 11:40:26 am »
I'm 3 months away from the wedding and about to buy shoes palang. What brand are your wedding shoes sissies?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: How early did you buy your wedding shoes?
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 12:45:49 pm »
^sis Seems like the favorite shoes here are Badgleys =)

Other available brands here are Stuart Weitzman. Unfortunately Kate Spade does not sell formal shoes here in Manila.


Then for lots of choices you can check Nina New York, Dune, and they have quite a few brands in Rustans too!

I got Nina for my reception shoes in Rustans. Then I got was able to score Gucci shoes last month at a very good price. Really happy because I ended up spending way below budget for my shoes, and I was able to get 2 pairs-- one low comfy pair, and one high heeled pair for pictorials


meixin

  • Guest
Re: How early did you buy your wedding shoes?
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 02:11:26 pm »
Wala ba masyado nagpapacustomize ng shoes?  :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: How early did you buy your wedding shoes?
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2015, 05:53:32 pm »
^Sis I inquired na with Faire La fete. Their price range is P4800- 6800 depending on size, materials, and labor.

For that price kasi, you can already get really good RTW shoes. The fiance of my brother for example was able to score Badgley Mischka on sale from 10k to 5k a couple of months ago!  Super good buy yon! And Nina Shoes are just about 5k then if you get them on sale, its even cheaper!!


« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 05:55:03 pm by Chili1113 »

meixin

  • Guest
Re: How early did you buy your wedding shoes?
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 06:12:58 pm »
actually nakabili na nga din ako from CMG ng mga 4k na shoes/formal strappy heels. Napapaisip lang ako kasi sandals type siya and not peep toe/pumps/ankle strap d'orsay. So it won't stand up on its own so parang pano sa pictures yun... so napapaisip ako ng alternatives..

mrs.abc

  • Guest
Re: How early did you buy your wedding shoes?
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2015, 06:30:49 pm »
Planning to buy mine this Christmas season, want to take advantage sa kabilaang sale! Shopping!  ;D

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: How early did you buy your wedding shoes?
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2015, 07:32:12 pm »
Nice ng shoes sa CMG =) I just bought strappy shoes there also for my prenup shoes and for my cousins wedding =)

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: How early did you buy your wedding shoes?
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2015, 02:22:46 pm »
less than 3 months to go before the wedding, i finally bought my wedding shoes!!! got a white pair of Badgleys at SM Makati. from 10k naging 5k na lang. they are still on sale until supplies last. so hard pala to buy shoes!! at first i thought i wanted a something sparkly, i found ones that i really liked at CMG and Dunes. but then i realized that the white elegant feel of the badgley shoes was the perfect fit for me. super happy to get this done. now i can bring them on my 3rd fitting with couturier. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: How early did you buy your wedding shoes?
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2015, 08:14:46 pm »
bzbee: Where there any low heeled badgleys available? Thank you! I am sure your shoes are really lovely!!

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: How early did you buy your wedding shoes?
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2015, 08:27:38 pm »
^ yes, mine is only 3" i think. very comfy!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close