Author Topic: Do you ever have 2nd thoughts about your wedding gown?  (Read 5533 times)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Do you ever have 2nd thoughts about your wedding gown?
« on: November 06, 2015, 04:10:58 pm »
I love my designer, and I was pleased when I tried the base of my gown. But then she sent me embroidery samples, and now I don't know what to make of it. I admit I do not have the imagination to picture how the samples will look on the gown. But it is really making me anxious nevertheless.

Has anyone had dress regret or dress anxiety for a while? Did you get over it? Or are you one of the lucky ones who absolutely loved your gown in every step of the design process, from the first to last fitting?


120515

  • Guest
Re: Do you ever have 2nd thoughts about your wedding gown?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 04:29:25 pm »
i had a very bad nightmare about my gown a few days ago and immediately messaged my designer - i think i may have subconscious dress anxiety but my gown decision process has been very smooth and laid-back...i drew what i wanted my gown to look like and gave my designer specifics on the feel and color of the gown then she drew the design for me, it was basically similar to the gown i drew but more polished in some areas...i had my measurements taken last august and i'll only be able to try on my gown 5 days before the wedding - which may be why i'm subconsciously anxious about it!

she will send me a photo of it next week so i'm looking forward to that ;D

just getting the reassurance from my designer made me feel better about the whole thing. also, when i take a look at her work, even if they're are not wedding gowns, makes me feel better that she'll be able to make a beautiful gown for me. i really just keep my mind and heart open to loving my gown and it has helped a lot in reducing the anxiety!

hope you feel better about your gown soon, sis chili1113!   :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Do you ever have 2nd thoughts about your wedding gown?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 04:44:11 pm »
Thanks 120515!! Im sure your dress will turn out beautifully! Haha I think it is normal to having wedding gown anxiety hehe  Dont worry about getting to try your gown only 4 days before your wedding. My designer told me she once made a gown for a bride in London who she only met once for measurements. And the gown was done on a fitting form, with the bride sending her latest measurements. Then the gown was shipped to London, and it came out beautifully!! The bride never even fit it!! So I am sure yours will be just fine!! =)

As for me, my anxiety is more of not knowing what to choose because I cannot imagine the laces on the gown or on myself haha!! Also I have major regret that I didnt buy lace when I was abroad last month, since that country makes some of the finest laces and it is sold cheap too!! BUT O well!!

Sharing also this article I came across:
http://offbeatbride.com/2014/07/the-dress

120515

  • Guest
Re: Do you ever have 2nd thoughts about your wedding gown?
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 08:00:36 am »
^ ooohhh...great article, sis chili1113! i love offbeat bride - it's a very grounding website with very thoughtful pieces of advice ;D

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Do you ever have 2nd thoughts about your wedding gown?
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 09:46:20 am »
@Chili1113 - I don't have dress regret... but I  am anxious about it. I bought a RTW lace gown, the one that had made me "say yes to the dress". It's  one of those dresses na you thought you didn't want, pero upon fitting it made me really feel like a bride(I also tried other gowns na I thought would look good on me hehe).  Anyways, it's pretty and all, but it's a tad simple compared to other wedding gowns in the Philippines na madaming embroidery and all. So I'm torn into making it more sparkly vs the less is more theme. hehe.

I have to say, when I read the article, I just felt so in one with the author. As I did it too.   A few weeks after buying the gown, I had this notion of returning it or what. Until I moved to my hubby's place a few months ago. Then I tried it on again. hehe.  It still makes me giggle like a teen. So maybe it's all in my mind. hehe.  But I am still thinking of maybe tweaking it with a few sequins/swarovskis,  not too much. As I want to keep its simplicity and daintiness and still chic factor hehe. I think, this is the fear of the unknown. Filipinos are generally judgemental, maybe I'm subconsciously fearing what others perceptions are, of what my dress will look like. I'm still mulling it over. Sigh.. 😂😂😂

kisses1417

  • Guest
Re: Do you ever have 2nd thoughts about your wedding gown?
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 10:16:12 am »
I have dress anxiety as well. Today and tomorrow is Veluz' RTW sale, kung ginawa nya yan mga 6 months ago, baka di na ako nagpacustom made and bought her rtw na lang which will be made to fit me. Atleast with that, kita ko na agad designs and i adore her gowns kaya for sure wala ako anxieties. I will choose my lace and patterns today and im having difficulty choosing what patterns, i want a romantic and feminine look and not too structured gown with super visible patterns but i can't choose which is which kasi pag patterns minsan too florally or too many lines which gives me headaches. Muntik ko na sabihin kay fiance na dalin nya ako kay Veluz today, i just wanna see the sample dresses and RTWs kaso baka bigla ako magback out sa couturier ko, sayang naman may downpayment sa gown ko from my designer. Hehe kaya wag na langv i just have to trust them and pray more for my peace of mind i guess.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Do you ever have 2nd thoughts about your wedding gown?
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 11:14:10 am »
MissusO: Oh my... we're opposite! Me naman I wish sometimes I bought an RTW dress so that I already know what to expect for the final outcome, while having a custom gown makes me nervous with all the steps involved. I am so glad though that when you tried your gown again that it made you feel really giddy and happy. That's the most important of all, I think!

kisses1417: Yes!! Same sentiments here. I saw Veluz's ad for her rtw sale, and I thought to myself, what if I go there an buy a 2nd gown just to make sure? Just in case I absolutely hate the final outcome of my gown?

Its so funny because I didnt have a problem chosing my designer or choosing the gown style. BUT when the sample embroidery came in, I just got so overwhelmed and confused! I felt like OMG, this is it- once I choose the embroidery there's no turning back and I can never change the look anymore even if I end up hating it!! Plus I am so torn between fine and delicate laces which I really love and actually feels more luxe, VS thicker embroideries that pop out more on the dress. The pattern too is a factor. To be honest, I am not 100 percent content with the samples I was sent even they sent 7 different kinds. Im dyahe to ask for more samples because 7 is already a lot!!

Good luck choosing your lace today sis!! We're exactly on the same boat and I wish you well.

kisses1417

  • Guest
Re: Do you ever have 2nd thoughts about your wedding gown?
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 02:43:49 pm »
Yes Chilli113: i even called pa nga to inquire about the rtw dresses, 120-160k daw less 20-30%. So not bad for a veluz gown. Kaso mas nangibabaw sakin yung wag ko sayangin downpayment ko.
Nandito na ako sa designer ko, waiting. Wahhhhh sumasakit ang tiyan ko. Sana maging maganda din katawan ko kasi malaki factor din sya. For me sis, kung mas gusto mo ang mga delicate laces, go for it. Other laces that are too thick sometimes look inexpensive. Though may iba naman naman din na maganda lalo na depende sa execution.

Yeah better check Veluz too if you want sis. You can also ask for more patterns or mayve kahit paemail ka lang, pero i tell u it gets even mo re confusing. I was shown maybe mga 20 sa computer and naloka ako. I dont even know what i like anymore because i was overwhelmed.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Do you ever have 2nd thoughts about your wedding gown?
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2015, 03:56:58 pm »
Good luck kisses1417!! Balitaan mo kami how your fitting went and the lace you chose!!

I dont want to look anymore that Veluz RTW because I might get tempted!! I am determined to make my gown work hahaha bahala na! Anyway the most important thing in the gown is really the fit!! =) hehe

NarsJJ

  • Guest
Re: Do you ever have 2nd thoughts about your wedding gown?
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2015, 05:58:07 pm »
I felt the same way with my gown that I got for a really good deal. Having second thoughts mostly on the ivory color and thinking what if the white one looks better *sighs* but I just keep reminding myself how good I felt when I first tried that dress on, one less thing to stress about.

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Do you ever have 2nd thoughts about your wedding gown?
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2015, 06:03:15 pm »
^^ There's a postive attitide sis Chili1113 :) 

^I keep telling myself na I shouldn't check other gowns anymore. Because whatever I do, laging may bagong gown na lalabas. Laging may mas maganda. There will always be something. But I just have to remember na I loved that gown for a particular reason. As long as that reason still stands hehe.  ;) 
 

NarsJJ

  • Guest
Re: Do you ever have 2nd thoughts about your wedding gown?
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2015, 06:16:01 pm »
Exactly! I felt like it was meant to be when I tried that dress on. Bargain hunter pa naman ako so that sealed the deal  ;D

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Do you ever have 2nd thoughts about your wedding gown?
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2015, 11:12:26 pm »
I texted the assistant of my designer and asked if they already bought the lace/embroidery. Not yet daw. I put it on hold first because I am really having 2nd thoughts!!! =) =) LOL Im so dyahe to text my designer because I am being so indecisive!! Good thing, I can relay messages through the assistant.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Do you ever have 2nd thoughts about your wedding gown?
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2015, 03:25:29 am »
Hi Chili1113! I can relate hehe--- i was so in love with my designer's sketch when I booked her, ending about 8-9 trips to designers. And then i ended up disappointed when she:
- Misinterpreted what I liked and didn't like in the design. She had a fabulous design in hand and changed it to something a lot lot simpler, less sexy, less details, less special. Parang slightly prettier lang than an RTW so if i knew this e bumili nalang ako ng RTW for less than half the cost
- Didn't show me the drawing before they started sewing it and putting on beadwork, even though I asked
- Would ignore my detailed questions about the embellishments and design

I only realized what she did come 2nd fitting when she showed me. But i didnt say anything out of fear of disrespecting her kasi super bait nya din. Within a week, I realized it really bothered me i am paying 80k for a gown i didn't like, and didn't find special. My mom who was also bothered pushed me to talk to her and demand why the design she did was so far off from her sketch which we both loved.
Ending is, she will do me another design & i'll just use the initial design to make another formal gown which i'll use for the first dance/ reception siguro since i need one anyway. Pero ako magsshoulder ng cost of the finished embroi + beadwork (~10-12k daw) and she'll just haggle daw sa workers para babaan. My friends tell me parang mali..she shouldnt have made me pay, may lapses sya eh.... but I only bit the bullet because I didnt wanna be unhappy with it on my wedding day. Plus baka pintasan lang ng mom ko.. im the only daughter she'll see get married tapos mapangitan pa sya sa gown ko.

I really see your point in buying RTW after this experience...hirap umasa na makukuha ng designer how you want it esp if youre so picky.

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Do you ever have 2nd thoughts about your wedding gown?
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2015, 07:54:06 am »
^oh dear... so sorry to hear that sparklingjewel. Parang unfair nga, kasi the reason you went with her and paid the downpayment was because nagustuhan mo yung initial sketch nya, then unbeknownst to you, she veered away from the initial design. I hope you'll get this resolved soon para mabawas na ang stress sa iyo. Your wedding is coming very soon. I wish you the best of luck. ☺

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Do you ever have 2nd thoughts about your wedding gown?
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2015, 08:12:33 am »
^Thanks Missus O! I tried to argue initially na I was basing my expectation on the sketch, but she countered that she took inspiration from the pegs i sent (ang layo ha). Anyway, im okay naman na. Kasi she showed me the drawing of the initial design na and i fell in love with it. So made up my mind already to pay the extra cost so she can do that design. Ang layo ng ganda sa current one. Hehe! And we have time pa to do the new pattern, yun nalang naman. Gown base is done and fits perfectly. :)

kisses1417

  • Guest
Re: Do you ever have 2nd thoughts about your wedding gown?
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2015, 08:20:42 am »
Saw my gown too and fits perfectly. Lining with layers and layers of tulle. Yung base nya may lace na and j find it so pretty already. What bothers me the most is the application of pattern with embroidery. Kasi, parang nagandahan na ako, baka pag nilagyan pa ng mga ganun,diko magustuhan. Huhuhu ang hirap naman! From 3/4 overlay sana, we changed it to sleeveless na kasi im having a garden wedding. When i asked kung pwede ba ako magpapayat pa, hindi na daw kasi madami na naman alterations kapag pumayat ako. Next fitting is the last fitting na and pick up na. 2 weeks before my wedding.

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Do you ever have 2nd thoughts about your wedding gown?
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2015, 08:30:17 am »
@sparklingjewel -that's good to hear.

@kisses- have you seen na yung applique and embroidery idadagdag? Baka pwedi mo tanungin kung bago nila ilagay eh makita mo muna para ma makesure mo if you want to go through with it or masaya ka na as is.

Ang hirap maging bride no? Naisip ko lang. Sabagay, I guess ang mga frooms naman ang normally na iniisip eh ang stress sa pagbabayad hehe. Good luck sa atin lahat. 😀😀

daeyan

  • Guest
Re: Do you ever have 2nd thoughts about your wedding gown?
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2016, 12:14:20 am »
its been long time since last post was made. But to verbalize my feelings, my gown was RTW By mitch desunia. Its not as expensive as yours because eversince, i kept in mind mot to spend a lot for my gown. So here we are, we went there and tried this gown. Actually, nung nakita ko sya. I dont like it. But when i wore it, my boyfriend even said wow. So napawow sya and i must admit, its beautiful. Kahit ako, i got excited kasi swak na swak sya sa skin. We immediately give dp for that kasi si boyfriend na ang may bet. So we got it. 2 days after that, and upto now, hahahaha! Im still bothered. Its not long train. Bagsak lang sya and balloon time. Yung peticoat is to be made pa so i dont know yet what it looks like with the peticoat. But i sent to her the pegs i wanted. Until now, i have second thoughts. Should she be able to put he peticoat the way i want it to be? Or should my money deserves to have RTW gowns sa divisoria na magaganda and long train? And is the light gold color ok for a wedding? I mean. Its not white. and i somehow regret why its not white. And i regret why its not long. 😖

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Do you ever have 2nd thoughts about your wedding gown?
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2016, 02:53:47 am »
I can totally relate with you! I have bought my gown under Sincerity line of Justin Alexander. He's an award winning international couturier, so I am confident about the quality of the gown.

pagpasok namen sa store naka display sya sa mannequin, but I didn't even bother to look at it. But when the assistant says I should try it, ayun na! May this is it feeling talaga, napa wow din si fiancee. So binili ko na talaga yung gown.

Then after buying it, medyo nagdadalawang isip ako kasi konti yung beading nya. Tapos sa taas lang may beading, sa baba wala talaga design, plain lang. May train naman pero chapel lang, and its a keyhole back. So medyo nakakampante ako kasi alam kong maganda sya sa likod, hehe.

Naisip ko din yan pag may nakikita akong post na kesyo 18k-25k lang daw bili nya sa gown nya sa divi tapos yung design ng gown grabe yung beading, ruffles pa yung baba tapos ang haba ng train na ruffles din. Gosh its like 25% lang ng cost of my gown tapos parang mas maganda pa yung gown nila!!!

But then sis, ito nagpakampante saken minsan, you have the take note of the quality of the material. Kasi alam mo ba super daming klase ng isang particular na fabric? For example yung lace, there are cheap laces, meron super mahal. I'll tell you ang layo ng difference pag hinawakan mo. Yung organza ng gown ko, iba, super soft and flowy! I have bought a gown sa divi during my js prom, naalala ko pa super gaspang and tigas. Though at far they almost look the same!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close