watch now

Author Topic: Embarrassing makeup mistakes  (Read 6814 times)

reighnyielle

  • Guest
Embarrassing makeup mistakes
« on: November 05, 2015, 09:29:44 am »
Nobody's perfect and I know we all have our fair share of embarrassing makeup stories that makes us cringe everytime we remember them.

I remember crying my heart out to this video our psychology professor showed us when I was in my frosh year in college. I was so into it that I forgot that I was wearing non waterproof mascara. After crying, I was wondering why everyone was looking at me because it's not like I was the only one who cried because almost all of us did. After a minute or two, I looked at my reflection in a window nearby and saw that I looked like a train wreck because I have black smudges under my eyes so I immediately got up and made my way to the bathroom and ang malas ko pa kasi nakasalubong ko yung ultimate crush ko. It was really embarrassing. His expression says it all  :-[ Share your stories mga sis
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 09:41:24 am by reighnyielle »

candygrenade

  • Guest
Re: Embarrassing makeup mistakes
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 10:41:51 am »
Not really makeup, but there were instances that I wore clip-on hair extensions and the wefts were peeking out of my head, as if screaming to the entire universe that I am really just faking it :P

Lesson learned: Invest extra time and energy into arranging and blending extensions, even if it means overly scrutinizing your look before you go out. If you are going to cheat beauty, make sure you cover your tracks well. The same lesson applies to other hair and makeup techniques, e.g. contouring.

reighnyielle

  • Guest
Re: Embarrassing makeup mistakes
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 11:34:16 am »

Pag tingin ko sa mirror, gross peeling flaky lips sobra tapos kitang kita yun buo buong balat parang nagbuo-buo

I had a similar experience sis. Na accentuate talaga yung mga lines sa lips ko kaya as much as I want to try out matte lippies again , I just don't think my lips can handle it.

reighnyielle

  • Guest
Re: Embarrassing makeup mistakes
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 11:48:15 am »

The same lesson applies to other hair and makeup techniques, e.g. contouring.

Learning how to properly blend our makeup will save us from a lot of trouble  ;)

caterpillar-girl

  • Guest
Re: Embarrassing makeup mistakes
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 04:23:41 pm »
Wore the wrong shade of foundation once to a party. It was a new foundation and I was excited to try it out. When I saw the pictures, omg, ang puti ng mukha ko. In the real world, I thought I looked okay. Sa photos, parang espasol or geisha.  Hindi talaga pantay yung kulay. That's how I learned about foundations with SPF and flash and all that. So now, everytime I use a new foundation, especially those with SPF, I take photos of myself with a flash setting, just to be sure.

merchee

  • Guest
Re: Embarrassing makeup mistakes
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 01:25:35 pm »
dark and thick eyebrows!!! okay lang sana if natural, pero kapag dark and thick dahil nasobrahan sa pag-draw ng kilay, hindi na maganda! lalo na pag noticeable na hindi man lang magka-shape yung dalawang kilay. horrible! hahhaa

candygrenade

  • Guest
Re: Embarrassing makeup mistakes
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 08:56:19 pm »
I think all of us at one point in our lives had lipstick on our teeth :P

jamie_0117

  • Guest
Re: Embarrassing makeup mistakes
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 12:34:59 am »
I don't know how to use liquid eyeliner. I went to a makeup school ha  (pro course) and have made up a lot of faces na.

Ireneeeeee

  • Guest
Re: Embarrassing makeup mistakes
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 04:24:18 pm »
I wore a super nude lippie once (Ever Bilena Mauve) nagtry ako sa mall and hindi ko napalitan tapos hindi ako nakasmokey eyes. Nagtitinginan mga tao kapag tingin ko sa mirror para akong galing morgue na bumangon lol.

I used an orangey blush- on. Iba kasi lighting sa mall. So when I used it sa office, nagtanong guy officemate ko bakit neon orange daw pisngi ko lol.

and with the SPF foundi nakailang delete na rin ako ng tags sa FB kasi mukha akong kabuki sa mga pics dahil sa makeup booboo na yun. grr! or ginagawa ko nalang black and white lol.


Pink_Sugar

  • Guest
Re: Embarrassing makeup mistakes
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2015, 04:03:49 pm »
Too much blush on. lol

Gum Ball

  • Guest
Re: Embarrassing makeup mistakes
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2015, 12:03:09 pm »
Trying so hard to cover my Dark under eye circles thinking that if i'll use a white or lighter shade of foundation/concealer it would do the trick! but it's a big NO! haha sabe tuloy ng husband ko "Babe bat ganyan yung eye bags mo??   :-[ haha super fail! Yellow or peach is much better if you are trying to hide dark circles.. at least for me that works!  ;D

planb

  • Guest
Re: Embarrassing makeup mistakes
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2015, 07:59:55 pm »
I had too much blush on that my teacher told me I looked like a clown. Haha!

Escapaira

  • Guest
Re: Embarrassing makeup mistakes
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 04:28:11 pm »
Sobrang puti ng face and yung di pantay color ng face sa neck. Acidic kasi ako eto lang way ko para di naman mag dark ng sobra face ko  :'(

britzm

  • Guest
Re: Embarrassing makeup mistakes
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2016, 04:57:01 pm »
wore a non waterproof eyeliner sa isang whole day event. pag uwi ko ng madaling araw para maghilamos, my stomach flipped. mga half inch yata ang racoon eyes ko.
cakey foundation. yung tipong pati leeg ko nag cake.
bronzing, contouring, and blush like wtf.
thinking that smokey eyes can be done with only black eyeshadow - high school emo days.


ataypool

  • Guest
Re: Embarrassing makeup mistakes
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 07:14:17 pm »
I've seen a lot with bad contouring. I thought this woman was sick but on closer look, Kitang kita iyong lines sa ilong para tumangos and thick dewy foundation or bb cream tapos pinapawisan, parang natutunaw ang mukha.

twinxz

  • Guest
Re: Embarrassing makeup mistakes
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2016, 03:06:34 pm »
Funny comments! I think lahat 'to napagdaanan ko! HAHA!

yellowminion

  • Guest
Re: Embarrassing makeup mistakes
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2016, 04:20:29 pm »
di pa ko masyadong magaling maghanap ng shade of concealer matching my skin tone noon. so before i go to work, i put tiny dabs of concealer on several parts of my face tapos saka ko blinend isa-isa. little did I know na meron palang like 1 inch guhit ng concealer sa lower side ng left chin ko.

di ko kasi na-check since need ko pang itagilid ng view yung face ko sa mirror para makita eh nagmamadali yata ako nun so yung harap ko sa salamin as in straight lang.

tapos pagsakay ko ng fx nakasabay ko pa yung classmate ko sa college and kwentuhan kami all the way through. sa office ko na nakita na parang ginuhitan ng chalk yung gilid ng face ko kasi mas lighter yung concealer sa skin ko :(

krabby_patty

  • Guest
Re: Embarrassing makeup mistakes
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2016, 04:53:25 pm »
Guilty!

1 - Wearing too light concealer under my eyes back in college. Thought it made me look fresher/more radiant. A male block mate did tell me my eye make up was too light, but hindi ko pinansin. Inisip ko pa, what do boys know about make up? Kaya light kasi the whole point is to hide the dark under eye circles! Looking back, I should have listened to him. I think I still have photos of this! #cringe

2 - I was at a friend's house getting ready for a party. I had a favorite lip and cheek tint from Bench. I was applying it when my friend's mom said to my friend - what's that smell? Sira na ata yung make up mo! Then I realized yung lip and cheek tint ko pala yun. Expired na pala! I wanted to disappear. Moral of the story - check the expiry date of your make up stash, always! :)

3 - Failing to blend/conceal white cast from VMV Armada SPF60 sunblock! Pano nga ba?

4 - Wearing eyeliner. As in JUST eyeliner. Sabagay uso naman ang emo back when I was in college. #cringe pa rin

britzm

  • Guest
Re: Embarrassing makeup mistakes
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2016, 11:11:57 pm »
^for vmv armada, i think its because of the spf. actually kahit foundation basta may spf may white cast talaga. best bet would be avoid flash photography or wag gumamit ng may spf (dilemma ko dahil diba nga sunblock is anti aging protection)

another make up mistakes na nagawa ko, using black eyebrow pencil and overdoing my brows! as in bold black or brown eyebrow pen.
not washing my brush regularly.

tomatostellar

  • Guest
Re: Embarrassing makeup mistakes
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2016, 05:55:17 am »
natatawa ko sa mga kwento nyo
di ako mashado nagmmake up kaya wala ko ma-share

pero na-notice ko mga lalake talaga nagppoint out

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close