watch now

Author Topic: Dealing with Hormonal Imbalance  (Read 4747 times)

katrinades

  • Guest
Dealing with Hormonal Imbalance
« on: October 26, 2015, 11:09:16 am »
Anyone else dealing with Hormonal Imbalance? Does anyone take any medicine for this? Because of this I have trouble with my courses, my weight, etc. I've been exercising rigorously and dieting for months to no effect. I can also go for months without mens; the longest being 7 months without the help of a birth control pill. Any advice on how to cope with this?

au_chic

  • Guest
Re: Dealing with Hormonal Imbalance
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 01:31:57 pm »
Have you had a check-up with an OB? It sounds like PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). There are various medications to manage this condition, but it's better if you are monitored by a doctor :)

aizen

  • Guest
Re: Dealing with Hormonal Imbalance
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 07:55:41 pm »
Go and have a check with either Endo or OB. You usually need to know what kind of hormonal imbalance you have. You also need meds to aid the side effects of your hormonal imbalance -- may it be weight, acne, anxiety, fatigue, depression, irregular menstruation, etc.

For example, i gained a lot of weight and is always hungry. Ive been asked to diet and not exercise so much as my Testosterone is up (male hormone) and i might grow some muscles and not lose weight.

Jcblue

  • Guest
Re: Dealing with Hormonal Imbalance
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 02:32:40 am »
I also have hormonal imbalance which is I guess the cause of my anxiety disorders 5 months without mens here

graezieylicious

  • Guest
Re: Dealing with Hormonal Imbalance
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 09:20:19 am »
I had hormonal imbalance cause by stress before grabe ang tubo ng pimples bandang chin/jaw part then sobra ako lumobo..grabe din ang mood swings ko. what cured me? healthy lifestyle that includes, work life balance, avoid stress, eating habits, sleeping cycle which is around 6-8 hrs, exercise (this is a must) and supplements such as selenium and magnesium, try also usana essentials...addition to that a very good derma and I finally found one!  Mahirap talaga magka hormonal imbalance hindi siya madali, nagpa accupuncture pa nga ako before pero wala talaga. Hormonal balance might be the cause kung bakit mahirap magbuntis or magkaanak ang babae.

Jcblue

  • Guest
Re: Dealing with Hormonal Imbalance
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 01:42:47 am »
Actually I have polycystic ovaries caused by hormonal imbalance

mommamymy!

  • Guest
Re: Dealing with Hormonal Imbalance
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 01:35:48 am »

I was diagnosed with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) last June and in my opinion, I got it from stress, lack of sleep, and unhealthy lifestyle. Believe it or not, normal ang period ko until my diagnosis. I even got pregnant kaagad. Pero, simula noong naging sobrang stressful na ng work ko (overtime until 3AM na dapat 8AM-5PM lang na work), too much fast food, no more time for exercise, and lack of sleep, eto naging ending. I gained so much weight, my blood pressure became high, and even my sugar level got affected.

So I quit my stressful job and started working from home as an editor for an online news site. My OB and cardiologist are monitoring my health condition kasi gustong-gusto na namin ni hubby na sundan anak namin. We've been trying for a year and it's really frustrating. Nakaka-depressed pero, I told myself kakayanin ko ito. Pwede naman mabago and mawala, just believe in yourself.

Consult a specialist first then try to change your eating habits pati na rin lifestyle. Good luck, sis katrinades! Don't be depressed and kaya natin ito! :)

MomTycoon

  • Guest
Re: Dealing with Hormonal Imbalance
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 09:59:04 am »
I had hormonal imbalance when I turned 28, as in sulputan mga pimples ko, I was asked to be on the pill, mga 6 months ko tinake, naging ok naman ako and maging less yung breakouts, pero meron pa din (i wasn't pimply kasi talaga kahit nung puberty stage. Sakin kasi nagmanifest yung hormonal imbalance sa pimples, tapos I was preparing for my wedding when I was 30, meron pa din, I had to do something else kasi pag nagtake ako pills, tumataba naman ako, may nakita akong gamot, na inask ko sa derma ko, pinayagan naman niya ako itake yun and nawala pimples ko, tapos after wedding i got pregnant right away, when I was pregnant, I had radiant and glowing skin (sorry ang yabang ko pero totoo). I was pregnant with a girl so i guess mas madami akong estrogen while preggy. Inisip ko na kulang siguro ako sa estrogen kaya nung napreggy ako nagkaron, nabalance hormones ko, kaya nawala pimples ko, now 3 years after I gave birth na, feeling ko nagnormalize hormones ko. Hehe, share ko lang

Lalai

  • Guest
Re: Dealing with Hormonal Imbalance
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2015, 08:33:07 pm »
I was diagnosed with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) too 8 months ago. I was prescribed Gynera (contraceptive pill) to regulate my menstruation kasi before I don't get my period monthly. Nasa 1-3 months yung gap. My OB said I should just continue taking the pill so I'll get my period every month then eventually yung polycystic ovary mawawala. And if I stop taking the pill, babalik rin sa dati, magiging irregular ulit ako which is one of the cause of PCO.

graezieylicious

  • Guest
Re: Dealing with Hormonal Imbalance
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2015, 11:11:25 am »
@Mom tycoon, thats nice to hear sis. sabi nila pag nabuntis or nanganak ka na daw mag nonormalize na talaga yung hormonal imbalance...kaya yung iba either pumapayat after ma preggy na before mataba sila or kumikinis talaga

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close