Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 17 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 64453 times)

marywater

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 17 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #220 on: December 01, 2016, 11:58:20 pm »
When should I have my measurements taken?
Wedding is on Oct 12, 2017, so need help when I should start at least for measurements?

Tapos when should the entourage get their gowns made? if October yung wedding?

Hi sis! I think you should confirm with Michael Leyva about this. There are some couturiers who would like a lead time of 3-6 months because they're considering that there might be a few alterations and several fittings later on.

At least nakapag-down ka na to reserve for the date so you have a slot if ever. Ask your couturier so you can also estimate how much time you'll need to reach your desired weight. :)

On my end, I honestly did not have enough discipline to go on a diet. I am also trying to lose weight. The wedding is on May 2017, and while I still have about 20lbs to lose, kailangan ko na magpameasure soon. Otherwise, I might have a hard time looking for a couturier who can accommodate my request later on.

At least you have time pa. :) Goodluck!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 17 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #221 on: December 02, 2016, 12:58:40 pm »
Fit is EVERYTHING. So make sure you ask your designer what the fitting policy is. Some designers will keep fitting you until days before to get it perfect. Some will do their last fitting 2 weeks before then that's it! I was lucky my designer was so patient as to keep fitting me even up to 2 days before the wedding since I kept losing weight on the last month.

Last wedding I attended, the gown by Zandra Lim and it was a grand ball gown with a really long train. BUT my cousins and I noticed that the fit could have been better. The waist part was a bit weird,  it would bunch up. So sayang talaga because the gown was beautiful, but in some pictures the bride looked chunkier than she actually was.

Another wedding I attended the gown was done by the bride's own sewers as she owns a high-end dress shop. The fit of her gown was sheer perfection. Hence, even if her gown was simple the fit made all the difference. 

lots-o

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 17 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #222 on: December 02, 2016, 01:36:39 pm »
I also noticed that sis chilli, i was about to inquire to zandra lim too pero ayoko how she positioned the waist minsan di flattering sa normal bride specially sa mga ball gown type.


Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 17 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #223 on: December 02, 2016, 10:02:39 pm »
^talaga? Sayang because I was so surprised when I found out the price of the gown. It was very inexpensive considering how ornate it was, plus it was a ball gown, almost fully beaded with a super duper long train at the church. But the waist part wasn't so flattering nga. But perhaps it is because the bride lost a lot of weight and it needed to be tighter? I am not sure. But anyway it was still beautiful. It just looked weird when the bride sat down.

sophistique

  • Guest
Hello ladies, can you recommend designers that work well with laces? I am aiming for a simple but dreamy gown that does not have "too much going on." So far, one of the designers I'm eyeing is Elizabeth Hallie. Thank you. :)

nataliaesperon2000

  • Guest
girls meron bang redy to wear na gown sa divisoria sa plus size magbridesmaid kasi ako need ko ng damit thannks

hearty2017

  • Guest
Hi sophistique, you may also check Joe San Antonio. She has dreamy gowns made of tulle with lace.

littlemissbiatch

  • Guest
^ Agree with Joe San Antonio. And Vania Romoff does lace gowns din.  :)
They were both my wedding suppliers (Joe for the entourage and Vania did my gown) and I'm happy naman with their output.

Nokie

  • Guest
Hi sophistique, aside from Elizabeth Hallie Vy (I got her) you can also try Rosalyn Lagdameo.

hearty2017

  • Guest
Hi, anyone who got Mara Chua? I'm planning to get her for ento gowns. Thanks

decibel28

  • Guest
Hi hearty2017 :)

I finally booked Mara Chua for my entourage gowns (MOB/MOG, MOH, SS, Bridesmaids, and FG). For the SS, Bridesmaids, and FG, I chose her RTW's. All are affordable and equally beautiful. Very neat ang pagkakagawa when I tried one on and you'll have lots of choices. It really depends on your design peg :)

For the MOB/MOG and MOH, I showed her their pegs and she quoted me. Very practical and not that expensive.

She even sketched a bridal gown for me which I really love!!! Grabe skills niya sa sketching/design talaga :) I just need to decide if I'll also get her for my bridal gown mejo madami kasi akong choices hehe!

pinkmoscato

  • Guest
How much ang price range ng RTWs ni Mara Chua, sis?  :)

decibel28

  • Guest
Hi pinkmoscato :) Ranging ang entourage gowns ni Mara Chua from Php2,300 to Php3,500 :)

pinkmoscato

  • Guest
Ooh not bad. I might check it out. Thanks sis decibel28!  :)

hearty2017

  • Guest
sis decibel28,

Actually I'm also decided to get her na for my entourage. My only hesitation is the lack of reviews but I was able to get one from an ento before na sya ang designer. So I was able to validate that she's really good with fitting which is important sakin.
And so far she gave me the most reasonable rate for tulle long gowns given na when I saw her works in person ok talaga quality.

I just need to follow-up with her iyong about DP and contract.

Did you make a DP na? How much nirequire nya.

decibel28

  • Guest
You are welcome pinkmoscato :)

Hi hearty2017 :) For me naman nag base lang ako sa research and instinct, I don't have much time kasi to meet other suppliers for my entourage gowns. So before I went home a few weeks ago, I e-mailed all my shortlisted entourage gown designers and asked for their starting prices. Then I came down to one designer which is Mara Chua, nagustuhan ko kasi yung mga RTW long gowns niya and very reasonable ang price. I don't have against infinity dresses pero di ko siya preferred for my entourage gowns. And when we met, ayun na, nakita ko yung mga long gowns niya and we instantly clicked! I liked how she discussed the technicalities of each dress and how she commented on each kasi I've tried some eh. Talagang may THIS IS IT moment! ;) I instantly paid the DP which is only Php5K.

We're both eyeing the same tulle long gowns for entourage dresses :) You met her na ba? A few days after our discussion, I already received my draft contract.

hearty2017

  • Guest
Yes met her naman na.. I liked her gowns talaga na nakita ko dun sa condo nya..
Will follow-up nalang the contract and when we can meet again. :)

sundriedpotato

  • Guest
By any chance, do you have photos of her RTW line? Or baka may IG account?

Thanks!

thisgirlisonfayer

  • Guest
I like Mara Chua's ento gown as well she specialize in tulle bridesmaid gowns. When it comes to fabric one of the best options are Powerknit next is georgette then last is chiffon. Designers who resorts to powerknit when it comes to entourage gowns are Jazel Sy, Haydee Garcia and Emil Ocampo. Pero lately nagiging trend na din yung neoprene entourage gowns.

biancayapching

  • Guest
I got my entourage gowns from Haydee Garcia. Oo nga she specialize in using powerknit fabric. Ganda ng bagsak nung mga gowns ng entourage ko! Plus hindi siya nalulukot, walanh marks ng tupi and fabric is very malamig and smooth :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close