Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 17 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 64635 times)

Elphaba31

  • Guest
Lilaflower, sis thanks! Ganun ka plain yung gown na nagustuhan ko :) sana lang di sya out of budget hehe
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 10:18:22 pm by Elphaba31 »

marywater

  • Guest
Hello Ladies!

Meron pa bang wedding gown that's around 20k? Lots of people are suggesting I should go to Divi pero baka meron na kayong trusted and highly recommended na mananahi from Divi or kahit saan within the Metro.

shopaholic

  • Guest
Hi ladies, question. Does anyone still believe in the old superstition that you should not fit your gown before you get married?

I'm thinking of doing a crazy thing, which is to not see my gown completely made, until the day of my wedding para surprise. Do you think this is feasible? I mean, I've seen bits and pieces, just not everything completely together.

I trust Naman my designer, he made my moms wedding gown, and he's been making my dresses since I was like, 9 I think.

What do you guys think?

Tincywincy

  • Guest
^ Hi sis. Personally, I don't. Plus there are already a lot of bridal salons which sells RTW gowns, which you basically fit the exact gown you'll be wearing on your big day and madami naman pinay brides who prefer this over getting a couturier (which basically opposes that old practice). So I think that superstition will be completely forgotten really soon.  ;)

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
^Hi sis I do believe in that pero sabi ng mom ko, pwede mo naman isukat hanggat hindi pa siya fully finished and huwag isusukat kasama ang veil. For me kasi hindi ko pwedeng hindi isukat kasi mabilis akong tuma at gusto ko perfect fit sa akin especially the bodice and the sleeves. Pero sis, if ayaw mo talaga makita why don't you try fitting kahit yung lining lang.

exquisitegem

  • Guest
I don't believe in that superstition. It is so important for me to see how my gown will fit, what it looks like being worn.

But my h2b will not be around during my final fitting para on the day of the wedding na lang nya ko makita with the wedding dress. ☺️
Pero yung pamahiin to not see each other a day before the wedding, susundin namin yun.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 08:36:29 pm by exquisitegem »

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Akala ko day of the wedding lang di nagkikita. Pati ba day before?

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Samin kasi pati a day before. Sa church na lang pwede magkita. :)

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Samin din sis a day before.  :)

raiizea

  • Guest
^^ i also love simple gowns lang. Ang elegant lang tingnan. Aoui regala is my college classmate back then. Kahit gusto ko sana magpaggawa ng gown sa kanya, no plans for splurging on my wedding gown kasi isang beses ko lang susuotin. 25k lang ang max budget ko. hehe.. :)

fries

  • Guest
I just want to share yung nabili ko na gown online..i was a bit hesitant at first to buy online dahil baka hindi maganda quality and scam pero it turns out that it's not! I am so happy with my my wedding gown customize ang measurement and it only took 15 days from orderring to arrival. Ang cheap pa dahil 9thou lang [textspeak!]

sis minami, pwede ask where you bought your gown? Ganyan din kasi plan ko dati.

hermione28

  • Guest
Akala ko day of the wedding lang di nagkikita. Pati ba day before?

Same, akala ko din sa day of the wedding lang mismo. Kaya pala yung mga friends namen na kasama sa hotel takang taka bakit daw kame magkasama the night before. Di namen alam eh. Haha. LOL.  ;D

LilaFowler

  • Guest
The night before di kami magkasama. We have separate rooms. Kasi pano naman kayo di magkikita on the day of if magkasama kayo natulog?

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Is anyone wearing a petticoat/crinoline under your dress? I'm thinking of getting one kasi minsan yung dress for naka drape sa legs nakikita ko yung ibang brides when they walk down the aisle parang sinisipa yung dress.

fave17

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 17 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #214 on: November 01, 2016, 12:31:54 am »
any recent paul manuel brides or ento gown couturier?

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 17 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #215 on: November 01, 2016, 10:07:16 am »
Is anyone wearing a petticoat/crinoline under your dress? I'm thinking of getting one kasi minsan yung dress for naka drape sa legs nakikita ko yung ibang brides when they walk down the aisle parang sinisipa yung dress.

Hi sis, may petticoat sakin. Princess gown kasi. And para makalakad ako maayos. With the sinisipa yung gown, may kasal akong naattend'an, ganun yung bride. Hirap sya maglakad.

racrac_uy

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 17 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #216 on: November 25, 2016, 11:17:55 pm »
Hi girls...has anyone heard of or tried Tyrone An couture? Thanks!

Ziyi

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 17 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #217 on: November 26, 2016, 05:34:10 pm »
I don't believe in the "don't fit your gown before the day of the wedding" or even "not see your groom prior to walking down the aisle" superstition either. Siguro depende lang yan sa mga paniniwala natin mga sis.  :) When I went to RTW bridal shops to try on wedding gown styles that will suit me, my h2b was there. He knows what style I want so may idea na sya but I plan not to let him see my actual gown when its done na because I want it to be a surprise for him and for this reason I will make sure that the gown fits me really well. Para bongga naman yung pagkamangha nya sa ganda ko when he sees me haha. ;D We're also planning to do a "first look" scene included sa wedding video, ito yung magkikita kayo ni groom before you go to your wedding ceremony and share a few moments together before you become husband and wife. Dito namin kasi balak i-incorporate yung personal vows dahil di na allowed sa Church.. :)

margauxie

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 17 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #218 on: December 01, 2016, 05:39:39 pm »
Hello! Question please? :)

When should I have my measurements taken? Kasi I just deposited the DP to Michael Leyva. He said naman he can fit whenever I'm ready..

I'm a bit heavy din kasi now, trying to lose weight by exercising (nagsign up ako sa Anytime Fitness) and of course diet din.. 177 lbs ako now mga bhe :)

Wedding is on Oct 12, 2017, so need help when I should start at least for measurements?

Tapos when should the entourage get their gowns made? if October yung wedding?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 17 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #219 on: December 01, 2016, 08:27:41 pm »
^How much is Michael Leyva these days?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close