Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 17 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 64577 times)

ncs

  • Guest
@Missus O, yup sa HK pa yata manggagaling yung own. I messaged them and sabi ko basta kakayanin hanggang August yung alterations, sabi nila they'll make sure of that naman. So yay! Kabado lang ako kasi papalapit nang papalapit na ang wedding!

msdianne

  • Guest
Around 50K-80K up siya :)
Although she can be at 150-200K also if intricate designs and bongga trail.

Missus O

  • Guest
I am not a friend nor am I a client of Haydee Garcia. I was supposed to be one, but due to some sort of miscommunication last year, hindi natuloy. Anyways, for those who are interested, just saw it in her IG na she now makes infinity dresses as well for 2thou++ pesos.  Sabi ko nga sa kanya bakit ngayon lang. It would have saved me a lot of headache if meron na before pa lang hehe.

Chili1113

  • Guest
3 days to go!! Went to my final gown fitting earlier with Richie Ortega. I wanted to have my belt changed to another color and design.  I can imagine most designers would get annoyed with this as they need to deliver my gown in 2 days to my hotel. And yet Richie said yes to me. Plus, she's not one of these designers that will insist this or that looks better. She simply listened to what I wanted for the belt, and she agreed. Most would try to convince me otherwise.

In the past, I asked her to tweak the lace pattern on my gown. To my surprise she had the entire front of the skirt redone, and the pattern came out so much better than I even expected!

Super love Richie. She's not one of those ma- "kwenta" na suppliers. I was so surprised what she added fully beaded belts to my 2 maids of honor, without even charging me. I offered to pay for it, but she refused to let me pay for the upgrade. That was about a 4k upgrade she threw in.

jakh

  • Guest
^ Ilang tulog na lang sis Chili1113! Congrats and Best Wishes in advance. I like Richie's work,  i followed her on fb, nagagandahan ako sa mga gawa niya.

------

As for me I have narrowed my designer choices.

if I decide to have my gown made in Manila/ Makati: Claiza Bihasa or Gretchen Pichay.

if sa Province: Ariel Alvarez. Also considering Paul Manuel since kababayan ko pala siya and magaan loob ko sa kanya.

If here in Dubai: Mynamour will be the one to do my gown. I went to her shop yesterday and I like the quality of her gowns. For my pegs, I showed her two gowns Im eyeing (one for the church and one for the reception) and she quoted me a very good price for the two gowns.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 12:48:20 pm by jakh »

Chili1113

  • Guest
^Yes sis! Thank you. Tom. is the big day =) Na stress ako a bit when I asked the assistant of Richie to send me a pic of the belt I had changed 2 days ago. I didn't like the beads they put on top of the swarovski. So I sent a pic to the designer and the assistant and told them to change the beads on the border of the belt.

Good thing they're very accommodating, because they will change it daw. =)

rowan

  • Guest
^Good luck Chili1113! :)

Foxyness

  • Guest
Napansin ko lang daming magaling na pampanga based designer no? Lagi kasi ako lurking sa page ni Mariah na HMUA ko. And ang mga designer from pampanga nakakawow! Im going to Jojo Macapinlac this month magpadesign ako. There are other options din like Ryan Manansala and si Rich Fontanilla from Pampanga din noh? Try ko dun sa pampanga muna kahit effort since Iloilo based ako kasi mas mura parin sila pero sabi ni Ms. Dianne Jazel Sy is 50-80k, nabuhayan ako lol! Magvisit din ako sa shop nya. Hay hirap magchoose ng designer lalo na budget mo is limited. 50k lang sana ako. Please suggest other good designers sisses. Thanks alot.

jakh

  • Guest
^ Si Mak Tumang from Pampanga, magaling din. . Sis try to look for good designers din within sa province nio. Kung metro manila naman, there's Roxy Bagano, Amonn Velasco, Mel Orlina, Claiza Bihasa, Gretchen Pichay, Joe San Antonio, Edward Teng.

Foxyness

  • Guest
^ kaya kaya ni Mel Orlina ang budget ko. Baka snob lang ako sa kanya. Charot!

jakh

  • Guest
^ try mo sis. Send ka ng email /fb pm asking for rates, iattach mo yun pegs mo. Ganun gawin mo sa ibang designers, then you decide from there.

rowan

  • Guest
Chili1113, I saw the back view of your dress in Richie's Instagram. The dress, the lace!!! Such a beauty!:) Whats the style of your skirt and train? Serpentine?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Hi Rowan!!!  =) =) Whaaaaa Still on a wedding high! Thank you so much sis for all your help during my preps. My gown is a fit and flare. It turned out very very well in the end. My weight kept fluctuating but Richie and her team got the fit perfectly. Best of all, Richie was super accommodating  when I asked for last minute changes, literally 24 hours before the wedding I still asked for the belt of my gown to be changed, and they really worked overtime to make it happen.

Plus I was amazed at how beautiful the accessories she provided me were. The pillows matched the nude lining of my gown and was full of beaded embroidery-- same as the one on my gown.

I am sure your gown will be perfect too Rowan! Richie really takes care of her brides. I had doubts about the fit and flare silhouette and beading. But at the very end, when they made the final adjustments, it came out even better than I imagined. Plus my gown was super light weight!!

rowan

  • Guest
^Ooh so thats her fit and flare! I saw some videos of your dress and I was focusing on the belt nga coz I read you had it changed haha. The dress was so nice and had a dreamy effect especially in the video of you coming down the stairs:) And I must say, she did a very good job on your entourage dresses too! Congratulations!!!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 05:25:40 pm by rowan »

jakh

  • Guest
^^ Sis Chilli113 you are one beautiful bride! Ang ganda ng gown mo sis. Congratulations ulit!

miraclefaith523

  • Guest
i already booked Emil Ocampo for my wedding gown. Thank God talaga sa GT :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Thanks sis jakh!! =)

BTW... I don't know where to post this. But does anyone know where a very good but affordable dry cleaner? Preferably someone who will vacuum pack the gown after? Also preferably in Makati, Ortigas, Greenhills, White Plains, Katipunan areas?

My designer does it for 6k.  Is that OK already?

jadedrock

  • Guest
Hi ladies! Tanong ko lang if may masuggest kayong designer na similar kay Vania Romoff ang style pero less costly?  nasa 100k kasi ang minimum ni Vania for simple design and material.  No lace, no beads ang gusto ko kaya ko nagustuhan yung style ni Vania, pero baka lang may cheaper alternative (na hindi cheap ang quality).  Thanks!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Grabe, wala talaga ako masabi with my designer Richie Ortega Torres! I just noticed this AM that there were several swarovski crystals missing from my wedding gown belt that must've come loose while I was packing my gown away in the box. I texted Richie about it, and she said I can drop it off and they will replace the missing crystals. That's how nice she is, even after the wedding is finished, the good client relationship and service is carried through! 
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 12:50:53 pm by Chili1113 »

pinkonearth

  • Guest
I don't know if allowed but I saw on IG that Rosa Clara at Greenbelt is holding a sample sale from today till Sunday. Ad says up to 50% off. You may want to drop by, ladies!


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close