Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 17 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 64392 times)

hermione28

  • Guest
Baka mag lock na po yung previous thread. 33 pages na eh.

Dito tayo galing
http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,284451.640.html


Welcome girls! Chika na tayo dito!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 01:07:09 pm by hermione28 »

hermione28

  • Guest
plan to buy RTW gown dito sa dubai.

ask lang ako opinion. hehe.

maganda ba to? uso pa ba to sa pinas? or old school na?
http://www.astergarden.com/images/weddingd/a-line-sweetheart-flower-organza-sweep-train-wedding-dress-luxd0229.jpg

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
^For me, froufrou is a long way past its peak.. Sikat sobra though around 4-5 years ago when it was everywhere. But now you just see it more in Divi/ RTW racks than in designers' ateliers. Just my opinion.

Then again, a gown should reflect the bride more than anything.. so whatever the taste of the bride, go for it, it's your wedding :)

tiffany24

  • Guest
Yes I agree with sis sparklingjewel wala na din ako masyadong nakikitang gown na ganyan kahit nung nagpunta kami sa divi, more on tulle and lace skirts nakita ko. Sabi uso daw yung Shoulder Streamers ngayon. Pero if you have a dream wedding gown, go for it sis hermione28

yannuh

  • Guest
plan to buy RTW gown dito sa dubai.

ask lang ako opinion. hehe.

maganda ba to? uso pa ba to sa pinas? or old school na?
http://www.astergarden.com/images/weddingd/a-line-sweetheart-flower-organza-sweep-train-wedding-dress-luxd0229.jpg

actually sis it does not matter if it's uso or not. ang mahalaga, you are happy with your wedding gown, you feel comfy wearing it and sobrang inlove ka sa gown mo:) my wedding gown has a rosette froufrou skirt and super happy and feeling princess ako on my wedding day so yun ang importante:))

Chili1113

  • Guest
For me what is most important about the wedding gown style is that it fits your body type and is reasonably flattering for on figure.

If I could have it my way I would wear a super slim, super tight fitting skirt for my gown. But Im not sexy enough to wear that hahhaha

As for frou frou skirts, I dunno some brides can carry it well whether uso pa din or not. Pero definitely di na sya uso matagal na hehe. But OK pa din as long as it suits your figure!

Also take into consideration the AGE of the bride. Princess type ball gowns have an age-limit I think. Medyo odd yung ball gown pag medyo over 35 years old na.

But at the end of the day it is YOUR wedding so you can break all the rules and wear whatever you want!

twinxz

  • Guest
Hello TS, need to revise the Part No. It should Part 17 na :)

Re: topic: I share the same view with sis Chili1113!

hermione28

  • Guest
^its 17 na pala?? yung isang thread kasi na nasa page 33 na di pa close Part 14 palang. anyway, I changed it na po. :)

I'm open for opinions so don't mind saying luma, old school, or what. ok lang! hehe.

Exactly what I was thinking nung sinukat ko yan, alam ko nga medyo luma na yung style na yan.
Sa age pasok pa naman pala ako sa princess thingy gown! I'm less than 25 haha!

I have bulging tummy kasi, pero nung sinukat ko yan nagmukha akong flat tummy! Di talaga sya halata, natakpan siguro nung design. Kaya natuwa talaga ako! its one of the cheapest gown pa don sa store na yun, kaya naisip ko talaga old design ito.

Pero let's see, RTW lang naman bibilhin ko, maghahanap pa ko ng cocomplement sa body ko. and i'll post it here again! :) Ang saya kasi magsukat ng madaming gown!  ;D

Thanks sissies!

twinxz

  • Guest
sukat lang ng sukat sis! but its better if you get recos on your body type from a designer's POV. They know better! :) Just so you can narrow down your options, coz whenever you visit shops, time and effort is consumed agad.

hermione28

  • Guest
^I agree. mas alam nga nila pero how can I consult? don ba sa kilalang designer?
try ko kaya si Ezra Santos, yung gumawa ng gown ni Heart. Chos! hahaha.  ;D

Usually kasi sa bridal shop na napupuntahan ko they have inhouse designer naman. Its not cheapipay stores naman. Yung mga birdal shop talaga. Usually they are selling those gown they used sa mga bridal fashion show. saka yung mga pang display nila. Others they have RTW talaga.

twinxz

  • Guest
^yes sis! we have ka-GTs who did that. Like for example, pa-sketch sila kay Mel Orlina. If they feel na it complements their body type and nagustuhan nila design, either nagpapagawa na sila sa designer. Pero if out of budget talaga, they search for something similar coz di mo naman pwedeng kuhanin yung sketch. hihi :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
hermione28: go to rtw shops like ivory and white, bridal room, white label.

Even when I had a designer for my gown already, I still tried RTW dresses and took pictures. Then I showed it to my designer and I changed the silhouette of my gown. Because I realized after trying on different styles, that the style I made my designer do for me wasnt suited for my my body type. Plus I always thought I wanted long sleeves to cover my arms. When I tried it OMG it made me look older and made my arms look even bigger.

BTW the reason why I am suggesting the stores above is because they allow picture taking. Rosa Clara prohibits it. The pictures will help a lot when you want to compare later on what silhouette and neckline looks best on you.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 06:08:31 pm by Chili1113 »

Missus O

  • Guest
^^ Hi sis, if it's too much trouble to go and have a consult with a designer, try checking dresses na iba iba ang silhouette. Go for dresses na you think na will look good on you, ALSO go fit dresses that you think WILL NOT LOOK GOOD on you. The reason being most of the time we are too conscious of our body's flaws and don't see our best features. I am also based overseas. I was supposed to go and meet designers when I went home last March, but prior to that I went to David's Bridal and tried on dresses with different silhouettes. Keyhole back, ballgown dress, sheath, mermaid cut, lace sleeves. Yung cut na akala ko bagay sa akin,  hindi pala. It turned out na yung cut na akala ko would be a very simple gown, was the perfect one for me. It was so me. By the way, take pictures from every angle. Para you can see afterwards. Good luck sis.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 06:45:22 am by Missus O »

Missus O

  • Guest
^^^ p.s. and tama ang mga sis, what matters most is that the gown that you wear is something that you want, makes you feel like a bride, and makes you comfortable.  I've seen some brides with very expensive gowns pero hindi naman bagay sa kanila, kasi nakiuso lang. Kaya it doesn't matter if your gown is contemporary, is expensive or very cheap. What matters most is that you're happy with your gown. :)

hermione28

  • Guest
Chili1113 - hi sis, i searched sa google sa pinas yata yang maga yan? I will buy here dito sa dubai sis.  Merong bridal room dito di ko lang alam kung same yon.
gusto ko pa man din ng longsleeve! Mag try nga ako, baka di rin bagay saken.

Missus O - thanks sa suggestion sis! Ang saya naman ang dami mo ng nasukat! Are you in dubai? I want to check David's Bridal too, pero ang alam ko expensive yon.

My budget is very tight kasi.

Anyhow, I'll post again here sa mga isusukat ko sa saturday! :)


Chili1113

  • Guest
^Oh sorry!! Hanap ka nalang ng RTW shops dyan where you can take pictures =) hehe

sparklesmd

  • Guest
Any feedbacks on val taguba?

Missus O

  • Guest
^^ nope sis. I used to be based in London but I moved to LA to marry my hubby :) in a civil union. We will be having our church wedding next year. Sa David's Bridal London ako nagpunta.

And actually sis, may mura sa David's Bridal. My gown is about 28-30K in Phil. Pesos only. Not bad, and it fits like a glove, kaya ang goal ko eh hindi na ako pwedi tumaba. Pweding pumayat, pero definitely hindi pwedi tumaba. Hahaha. Goodluck sis.  May mga White by Vera Wang sa David's Bridal na super sale. Pero shempre iba yung quality sa hindi discounted na Vera Wang. I wish you well sis. Cheers.

yannuh

  • Guest
^^^ p.s. and tama ang mga sis, what matters most is that the gown that you wear is something that you want, makes you feel like a bride, and makes you comfortable.  I've seen some brides with very expensive gowns pero hindi naman bagay sa kanila, kasi nakiuso lang. Kaya it doesn't matter if your gown is contemporary, is expensive or very cheap. What matters most is that you're happy with your gown. :)

korek agree ako dito sis. yung ibang brides to be sa sobrang excitement na nararamdaman nila, gusto nila yung people around them ang papaimpressan nila and hindi yung sarili nila. porket uso, dun sila. porket sabi ni ganito ni ganyan, suot ni ganito, ni ganyan e yun na din kuno ang gusto nila. come wedding day, di sila comfy, di bagay sa kanila. sad naman if ganun :(

lyr3hs

  • Guest
Buti nadiscuss yung frou frou dito.. Ive been thinking about it kasi yun yung first design n nagustuhan ko.. I wasnt aware na laos na pala dahil wala naman ako sa pinas and has never attended weddings in pinas. Now im thinking kung anong usong skirt ngayon? yung ball gown pa din pero ibang designs?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close