watch now

Author Topic: Organic Skin Care  (Read 8492 times)

xtine

  • Guest
Organic Skin Care
« on: October 19, 2015, 10:25:50 pm »
Hi All,

I started using organic skin care now probably because I got afraid of cancer as one of my dear friends has one.  In all honesty, I am liking the organic products (especially locally made) as my hair became healthier and cleared my blackheads.

Here's my list of organic skincare

Shampoo and conditioner - Satinka Naturals Gugo shampoo and conditioner (I liked this better than Zenutrients which has SLS)
Moisturizer - Extra virgin olive oil
Lip Balm - Extra virgin olive oil
Underarm - Zenutrients Cooling Tea Tree Deodorant
Lotion - Satinka Naturals After bath oil
 
I am now looking for a good Facial Wash.  Anybody knows a good organic locally made facial wash?  Thanks.

Gum Ball

  • Guest
Re: Organic Skin Care
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 05:29:29 pm »
Me too! i've recently  switched to organics.. I don't have an organic facial wash yet since i have my organic soap you might want to check  Human heart nature, Venus & Mars Naturals and Eden's Paradise.  ;)

artificialstar

  • Guest
Re: Organic Skin Care
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 06:56:27 pm »
Thank you for starting this thread sis :) I'm also into organic skin care since most commercialized products are too harsh on my sensitive skin. For locally made products, V&M pa lang yung natry ko :) yung bare it all cream and bikini bomb.

Here are what I'm using as of the moment:
Shampoo - Jason
Toner, moisurizer - Andalou Naturals
Exfoliator - Glory of New York Skin Enzyme Peel
Deodorant - Lafes

All can be bought at Healthy Options, except Glory of New York. I really like their exfoliator/peel but it's getting harder to tind :( If someone can recommend a body/face exfoliator and lotion, I would be very happy. :)

On another note, I think organic din yung Lush, but di ko pa natry.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 07:03:08 pm by artificialstar »

xtine

  • Guest
Re: Organic Skin Care
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 08:18:34 pm »
^Thank you sis. :)

Sisses,  you guys should try Satinka Naturals Shampoo and conditioner (from their shop in Makati or Legazpi Sunday Market).  They source their ingredients from Sagada.  The apothecary also serves as restaurant which is quite famous among makati peeps. 

I not only love using organic products but I want to help locally made products. :)

One blog I saw about the place.

http://www.leftoverjinx.com/2015/05/satinka-naturals.html
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 08:26:29 pm by xtine »

Gum Ball

  • Guest
Re: Organic Skin Care
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 08:30:42 pm »
Sis xtine - Will try to convince my husband to go there and try their food (Sorry haha OT) saw the blog and enjoyed it..

sis artificialstar meron sa eden's tried it last night   yung Banan Peel melting me softly, peeling mousse may SPF 80 so far ok sya i micro peeled agad but i think i'll use this once a week lang since i'm on an herbal peeling soap for my body.

artificialstar

  • Guest
Re: Organic Skin Care
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 09:20:00 pm »
May mga resellers ba yung Satinka and Eden's? Please PM me if may alam kayo (baka bawal magpost dito ng name sa shop) Nasa Visayas kase ako mga sis. Usually online lang ako umoorder. Hehe!

^^ saan banda sa Makati sis? Baka magpapabili lang ako from friends there. ;D

artificialstar

  • Guest
Re: Organic Skin Care
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 11:57:09 am »
I googled Eden's Paradise and Zenutrients, pwede naman pala umorder online, pati na din yung HHN and Venus & Mars. Nice! :)

Underarm - Zenutrients Cooling Tea Tree Deodorant

This caught my interest. Roll-on to sis or Spray? :) Nakaka control ba ng pawis?

Gum Ball

  • Guest
Re: Organic Skin Care
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 10:57:28 am »
hehe. Oo sis may mga sariling websites sila. try mo tapos pa feedback nadin pag may nadiscover ka na bet mo ah!  ;D good luck sa atin mukhang di pa kasi masyado madami yung mga gumagamit ng organic dito. ingat ingat nalang talaga tayo.. katakot na kasi talaga e!

lordknight_aiz.18

  • Guest
Re: Organic Skin Care
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 12:34:00 pm »
Facial wash- HHN Acne Defense Tea Tree
Pimple Treatment- HHN Acne Gel

Looking for a peel-off mask na organic.. Tsaka whitening soap na safe for pregnant and lactating women naghahanap pa ko..

Gum Ball

  • Guest
Re: Organic Skin Care
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 02:46:34 pm »
whitening soap na safe for pregnant and lactating women naghahanap pa ko..

TLS sis  :)

lordknight_aiz.18

  • Guest
Re: Organic Skin Care
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 07:38:26 pm »
^ ano yung tls sis? tsaka saan available?

tischarmedlife

  • Guest
Re: Organic Skin Care
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 04:07:47 am »
^Tokyo Love Soap sis. Sa Japanichi ako nag-purchase nang sakin  :)

xtine

  • Guest
Re: Organic Skin Care
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 07:44:44 am »
^sisses, can we keep the conversation about organic products.  Those WITHOUT parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) and made with plant based chemicals.

Tokyo Love Soap is not ORGANIC.

artificialstar

  • Guest
Re: Organic Skin Care
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2015, 08:29:38 am »
I know this sounds kinda s upid, but since we're on the topic of skin care....

1. When usingexfoliating scrubs, do you still use your regular facial soap/wash beforehand?
2. When using peels/masks, pinagsasabay nyo ba ito on the same day na nag-eexfoliate kayo? And how often?

Parang ganito:
Cleanse
Exfoliate (once a week)
Peel/mask (once a month?)
Tone
Moisturize

Sorry, medyo late bloomer lang. Haha!

So far, okay ako sa Andalou Naturals toner and moisturizer. I usually breakout  in 2-3 days of use kahit organic pa. Sana eto na talaga, kakapagod pa-pali2x ng products. ;D
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 08:33:45 am by artificialstar »

xtine

  • Guest
Re: Organic Skin Care
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2015, 09:05:24 am »
Hi sis Artificialstar,

Zenutrients cooling tea tree controls sweating naman for me, it's not a roll on pero its a spray.  What I do is I use the tip of the inside nozzle to scoop some drops and to spread on my UA.  I don't like to use the spray as most of the time I spray accidentally on my clothes. 

Before, for facial wash, I use kiehl's ultra facial cleanser because I found it soothing (balances my PH).  But then, when I switched to organic shampoo and liked it, I switched from Kiehl's ultra facial cream to organic extra olive oil (Field day PHP500++ in healthy options), I immediately saw results.  My friends asked me what I did kasi smooth na daw.  Since then, I am trying my best to remove chemical laden products which I also found cheaper (organic products) and no need for me to keep on looking outside the PH (I ask my aunt in US to buy kiehl's for me.)

For exfoliation, I have Clarisonic Mia 2 which I use with physiogel cleanser (I am already switching to HHN tomato moisturizing facial cleanser).

My routine every night (I now avoid soapy kind of cleansers)

1. EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) on cotton pads to remove dirt and BB cream
2. Human Nature Tomato moisturizing facial wash (or physiogel cleanser) along with clarisonic to remove more dirt.
3. two drops of EVOO as moisturizer after washing

I am not too sure if there are organic masks out there.  I would definitely love any suggested organic products that I can try. 

I think there are some organic toners out there most especially in HHN / Healthy options but haven't tried it yet. :)






artificialstar

  • Guest
Re: Organic Skin Care
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2015, 03:55:04 pm »
OOS yata yung Deo Spray nila. :'( Inaabangan ko din yung Glutathione & Papaya Body Scrub nila Inuubos ko lang tong Lulur Body Scrub ko. Hehe.

Just bought Aztec Healing Clay. First time ko to use a clay mask. Will update you girls.  ;D

artificialstar

  • Guest
Re: Organic Skin Care
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2015, 02:35:36 pm »
Hi girls, I know this is a skincare thread, but wala akong makitang organic makeup thread haha. Singit ko nalang ditto... ;D May ma-suggest kayong organic lipstick or lip stains sissies? TIA!

lordknight_aiz.18

  • Guest
Re: Organic Skin Care
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2015, 06:46:21 pm »
^ natural sis yung hhn tinted lipbalm.. not sure kung applicable yung term na organic dun e..

interested ako sa juice beauty green apple.. may nakatry na sainyo nito?

chichi143

  • Guest
Re: Organic Skin Care
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2015, 08:02:59 am »
Hi girls, I know this is a skincare thread, but wala akong makitang organic makeup thread haha. Singit ko nalang ditto... ;D May ma-suggest kayong organic lipstick or lip stains sissies? TIA!

sis, im a fan of an organic online store dito sa ph, they have lip cremes, you can check them here:
http://www.milea.ph/milea-minerals-sassy-lip-creme-with-natural-beeswax-virgin-coconut-oil/


although di ko pa nabili yan, plan palang. pero i love their honey and soaps

artificialstar

  • Guest
Re: Organic Skin Care
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2015, 08:21:08 am »
^^ thank you sis! I bought HHN kaagad. Pati na din yung Edens Paradise tomato tint haha!

^ oh my golly! Sobrang thank you sa link sis. Kinda unrelated, but I've been looking forever for beeswax and raw honey, dyan ko lang pala matatagpuan.  :-*

You know, pwede din magamit yung honey for skincare. It's anti-bacterial and great for sensitive skin.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close