Author Topic: Sama ng loob during wedding preps  (Read 44634 times)

prettylove

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #300 on: March 29, 2016, 12:57:32 am »
^sis ang kulit naman ng sister mo siguro sa ibang occasions pwede sya mag inarte ng ganyan pero sa wedding mo.. Ka stress yan.. Ah at sana makaramdam sya! Hehe!

edna_mode

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #301 on: March 29, 2016, 11:23:39 am »
not my wedding but my brother's wedding... initially they planned to split the cost.. pero lately puro sa kuya ko na nanggagaling lahat ng bayad. My brother wanted a wedding that would not go over budget... pero mukhang walang pakialam si bride.. their wedding is way way way over budget...

Prenup shoot nila was initially planned in an island sa batangas.  Dun palang namamahalan na kuya ko.. then his fiance suddenly decided to change venue.. which ended up being double the cost dun kesa sa initial venue at hindi pa kasama OOT fees.

lahat na sa wedding nila double the cost :P Even yung accommodations ng sa family side ni bride sagot ni kuya... while kami have to pay for our own :-P to think na mom ko ang tumutulong mag asikaso sa wedding preps nila. Lahat ng plano ng kuya ko na pagtitipid went out the window.

Then recently, the best man had to back out kase he got into an accident.  Si bride suggested her own gay (closet) friend to be the replacement best man.  Nothing against gays ha.. pero that guy barely knows my brother.  They've been together sa few short out of town trips they had with the bride's barkada. We made several suggestions to my kuya on who to get, pero decided na daw sila and nasabihan na daw kase yung friend ni bride, nakakahiya naman daw.

Shempre worried kami kaso hindi kami maka sabat kase wedding naman nila yun. :o ;D

gingerbreadwoman

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #302 on: March 29, 2016, 11:59:56 am »

Then recently, the best man had to back out kase he got into an accident.  Si bride suggested her own gay (closet) friend to be the replacement best man.  Nothing against gays ha.. pero that guy barely knows my brother.  They've been together sa few short out of town trips they had with the bride's barkada. We made several suggestions to my kuya on who to get, pero decided na daw sila and nasabihan na daw kase yung friend ni bride, nakakahiya naman daw.

Shempre worried kami kaso hindi kami maka sabat kase wedding naman nila yun. :o ;D

The best man should be someone close to your brother sis. Since there will be shots of his friends(relative) na tinutulungan siya mag coat, etc. otherwise it will be quite awkward noh? hehe

edna_mode

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #303 on: March 29, 2016, 12:26:45 pm »
^true that's what we said, pero decided na daw sila and yung friend na lang daw ni bride yung kukunin na best man. toinks!

Purple_Power

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #304 on: March 29, 2016, 08:55:54 pm »
^I agree yung bestman dapat close dun sa groom ni kahit pinsan. Or if not dapat balanse eh! kung bestman ay close ni bride dapat yung maid of honor related to groom. Ang panget naman na 2 representing to bride.

Saka how come puro sa brother mo yung expenses?

lakwatchera

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #305 on: March 30, 2016, 08:49:33 am »
H2B and I decided to pay for the dresses for our entourage, and so I started inquiring sa mga cheap mananahi(from suggestions on another thread) so we this cheap mananahi agreed to a certain price that is within our budget, with a simple chiffon dress. Aba, si soon to be sister in law nag react nung nakita ang design ng dress. Bakit daw ba kasi ipipilit pa namin na kami ang sumagot ng dresses nila kung magmumuka lang daw silang basahan? Naloka talaga kami ni H2B.

pogi02

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #306 on: March 30, 2016, 09:16:09 am »
hi sis edna_mode, ready kana ba maging sis-in-law yan? Hahah! Kidding aside, baka akala ng fiance ng kuya mo is kasal lang NIYA yung kasal na yun kaya gusto nya SIYA lang ang masusunod. Naloka ako sa bait ng kuya mo! Paalala nya sana na kasal nilang DALAWA yun so dapat silang dalawa ang nagde-decide. Also, kung ganyan na hindi marunong tumingin sa budget si bride, well goodluck sa kanila pag mag-asawa na sila. Baka puro gastos lang sila. Tsktsk.


sis lakwatchera, ganun ba ka-chaka yung gown para sabihin nyang magmumuka syang basahan? But I doubt it, nasa nagdadala din yun, whether its cheap or made by a well-known designer, kung di ka marunong magdala ng damit, magmumuka ka talagang basahan. Try mo nalang pakausap kay h2b mo yung sister nya. Kung ayaw nya mag-suot ng ganung gown, wag sya mag-abay, tapos ang usapan.

vhena14

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #307 on: March 30, 2016, 10:47:04 am »
Aba, si soon to be sister in law nag react nung nakita ang design ng dress. Bakit daw ba kasi ipipilit pa namin na kami ang sumagot ng dresses nila kung magmumuka lang daw silang basahan? Naloka talaga kami ni H2B.

OMG  :( :( :(
kahit magdamit sya ng maganda kung pangit ang ugali  :-[ :-[ :-[

lakwatchera

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #308 on: March 30, 2016, 11:24:05 am »
^^ ewan ko ba dun sis, the design we chose was simple, but elegant. but after what she said baka iba nalang. Nagagalit nga si H2B kasi bakit daw ako nagpa apekto sa kapatid nya. pero syempre, I can't help it din naman na wag ma apektuhan, kaya nag hahanap nalang ako ng iba pang mananahi within our budget.

^hinde nalanh ako nag kwekwento sakanya sis about the wedding preps, ayaw kona ng negativity from her. Haha

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #309 on: March 30, 2016, 03:07:59 pm »
^ Grabe naman yun sis. Naalala ko tuloy yung naging problema ko sa isa sa best friends ko (although after that incident not anymore - for her that is). hehe.  Minsan napapaisip tuloy ako, na minsan ang wedding eh hindi na para sa bride and groom only. Minsan may mga entourage members na tingin nila gusto din nila maging star of the show.  I have already posted my problem here a few posts back kaya ayoko ng ulitin pa.

My advice to you is, sundin mo yung advice ng  husband mo. Wag kang magpa apekto. If your budget is that only, then go for that mananahi. Pwedi ka naman magpalit ng design ng damit na simple pa din pero mas may oomph ( if kung same price pa din).  Kung kaya naman gawin why not. Minsan may mga kilala na designers na madaming tanggap ng tanggap kasi mababa ang bigay. Pero super poor ang quality and hagol sa oras. Kaya kawawa pa din si bride.

I was so stressed over sa naging problem ko, I had breakouts. As in mas na stress ako, kasi nagka scars ako from the breakouts which I haven't had in years. And to think na my wedding is in  the first week of June na.

FYI: yung friend ko na nagka problem ako, hindi na sya SS ko. I chose somebody else who wouldn't give me a headache. Good luck sis.

vhena14

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #310 on: March 30, 2016, 03:54:03 pm »
^ I was so stressed over sa naging problem ko, I had breakouts. As in mas na stress ako, kasi nagka scars ako from the breakouts which I haven't had in years. And to think na my wedding is in  the first week of June na.

FYI: yung friend ko na nagka problem ako, hindi na sya SS ko. I chose somebody else who wouldn't give me a headache. Good luck sis.

If you have budget sis, punta na sa Derma for professional help and services... pero kung mejo tight ang budget, lemon (not sure if calamansi is as effective) could tone down the scars in a week. :) :)

Good for you tinanggal mo na si pabebe SS. Remove sources of headaches!

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #311 on: March 30, 2016, 04:02:25 pm »
^ Thanks sis vhena. Yup yun nga lemon. And napabili ako ng benzoyl peroxide ng di oras.. Ayun nag drydry out na sya pero yung nga may dark scars pa din. (It takes months pa man din para mawala yun) . Kaya talaga, after that, I tried to tone  down my stress level. Ayoko ng magpa stress. hehe. I just learned to let go.  Kaya mga co-brides, wag mashyado magpa-apekto. Yes it only happens once, kaya all the more na dapat hindi tayo haggard sa special day natin :) If it's causing you too much trouble, maybe you can do without it ( don't force it, if it can be done then it can be done. If it can't .. then it can't - words of wisdom that I have learned from my yoga instructor which I am now taking to heart :D).

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #312 on: March 30, 2016, 07:20:57 pm »
^Have facial and diamond peel Missus O:) If you have budget, once every 2 weeks. If not, kahit 3-4 weeks interval:)

iamsuperyhen

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #313 on: April 08, 2016, 03:59:22 pm »
Hello hello!! Newbie here.. I was browsing the thread and find it facinating..so i was thinking maybe this is the right place to blurt out my inis..

So i have a question, but firt let me tell a story.. My H2B has a group of college friends na super close nya.. He thought importante sya sa kanila [textspeak!] kapag may okasyon iniinbitahan nya mga yun.. Then so the grow up, nagsisi asawa na yun iba.. Ang nakakagulat at nakaksama ng loob hindi sya iniinvite nun mga friends nya.. Laging ang senaryo is maghihintay sya ng invite pero walang dadating, or on the day of the wedding sasabihan sya ng other friends nila na ikakasal na si ganito hindi daw ba sya pupunta? Hello malamang hindi sya pupunta [textspeak!] hindi naman sya ininvite. Diba dapat yun ikakasal ang magiinvite sa kanya?? I dont know whats wrong with them.. 3x na sa kanya ginawa yun.

Ang nakakainis pa si H2B parang pinagtatangol pa yun mga yun.. Like, sya yun napapasama [textspeak!] akala nilana ininvite sya tas hindi sya pupunta [textspeak!] may aberya or something, hindi nalang nya deretchahin sabihing hindi sya ininvite. (Im getting irritated now.)

So now the question is, may excuse naman siguro akong hindi sila iinvite sa kasal namen next year diba?? I mean all of them.



meixin

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #314 on: April 08, 2016, 04:30:38 pm »
^Honestly, may reason ka but since these are your h2b's friends, nasa sa kanya pa din yun kung gusto pa din niyang iinvite sila.. And if he does decide to invite them, supportahan mo nalang h2b mo kaysa pag awayan ninyo pa.. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #315 on: April 08, 2016, 09:33:56 pm »
Question: Is this super mean of me to do?... If I let my fiance pay for the remaining balance of our stylist since he cant seem too control adding and adding guests and super PIKON na PIKON na ako???!!

BTW Our wedding is about 150k under budget now because I took out some items and budgeted very carefully. But he keeps adding guests and napipikon ako because I wanted a small wedding.


Plus unfair ata na I did not spend all of the budget kasi tinipid ko and I shouldered yung expensive items like styling. (BTW he never asked me to shoulder expenses but I offered) Because of  my careful budgeting he is going to save 150k of his share. But I will now go over MY budget because he keeps adding guests and I need to pay for the styling of those tables!

So is it mean to tell him to pay for the remaining balance PLUS all the additional tables? I know I can tell him to just pay for the extra tables he added, but since I am being in bridezilla mode I want him to pay for all the balance na.

Ang yabang pa kasi nya na if we go overbudget because of too many guests hell pay naman daw no problem, mooney is not an issue DAW. Sabi ko... "If money is not an issue pala to you, I should have booked all my dream suppliers. What was all that scrimping for then? Perhaps if I was more careless in budgeting that you would be more mindful and selective of who you invite!"

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #316 on: April 09, 2016, 07:54:40 am »
^ aww.. hugs to you sis. At least you've got it out of your mind. I'd suggest you talk with your fiance. Ask him how important those people are to him.  Explain the pros and cons. The costs that would not only increase the caterer fee but also the stylist.  The ballooning expense. Plus the fact that Polo can't accomodate that much guests. When push comes to shove, and nothing works, it's time to relent. Let it go. If it would make him happy to invite those guests then just let it be. Sometimes being right is not always right.  Charge him for it though. Charge him big time :D  hehe, especially since he doesn't mind the extra expense naman.   Then you can just buy something sinfully extravagant next time! Ang evil ko ba. hehe. Good luck sis. Wag ka nang magpa stress! Best of luck sis.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #317 on: April 09, 2016, 01:15:08 pm »
Tee hee thanks so so much MissusO!!! I took your advice and talked to my fiance. And yes, I made him pay big time! =) =)

I told him he can now have as many guests as he wants. Even if we reach maximum capacity of Polo , Sige OK Lang. But I told him I will stop making sacrifices also. I am now ADD BACK the things I took out in order to save him money.

Soooo hello fireworks! Hello crystal tiffany chair upgrade! I also emailed my stylist and  asked what decor he can suggest for the outdoor patio. I told H2B that if I get "topak" further I will upgrade our menu and add the sea bass!! LOL thats when he stopped a bit because he knows sea bass is an additional 1k per head. (I wasnt serious about this though).

Sorry i know I am being such a brat. But honestly, it is all still within budget IF he sticks to 250 guests. It is just that I really tried my best to save him money, so the only high end supplier I got was the stylist because I offered to pay for it. All the suppliers I booked under his tab are all mid-ramge.

I only wish I had not held back and went for the best of the best photo and video.   =(
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 05:47:03 pm by Chili1113 »

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #318 on: April 09, 2016, 02:08:40 pm »
^ hehe.. that's good to hear.. :D chili1113.  Don't worry about your photo/video, they may not be high end, but they're good naman. Everything happens for a reason ika nga. So your choices will probably do wonders .. I didn't get the P/V I wanted, kasi I wanted to save instead of splurge. Eto ata yung ireregret ko. But hopefully not though. hehe. But the net has been cast, and my fiance didn't want to change the supplier despite having time pa last year. So we'll see. hehe.. Our weddings are so near na. I don't want to have any more stress. I worried so much last month that I had breakouts, and I haven't had one in years, kaya now I'm just trying to relax and go to my happy place hehe.. You'll have a great wedding chili113 :D, may you have an even better marriage :D

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #319 on: April 09, 2016, 02:18:27 pm »
Hugs MissusO!!! Last stretch for us. Thanks for always giving me such valuable advice, and also helping me calm down haha. Yup! As you said the net has been cast, and that everything happens for a reason. I really love this! So yes, let us try to relax. I hope you've stopped breaking out =( =( Hugs!! And I cannot wait to hear about how your wedding will go.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close