Author Topic: Sama ng loob during wedding preps  (Read 44692 times)

chinkybride

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #280 on: February 12, 2016, 10:35:54 pm »
^Thanks for the concern Missus O! Nako I don't want to talk to management na because well, those are really the prices they have, and I have accepted the fact that I have to comply with it. In fact, I am ordering pa from the old menu with the old 2014 prices. My gosh the new prices released in 2015 are even more expensive. I just cannot help being disappointed, especially since the AE is so difficult to contact pa. Hay

grabe naman sila! do you still need to pay extra for the venue rental or included na sa food price?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #281 on: February 12, 2016, 11:21:41 pm »
chinkybride: No venue rental, that's why their markup is almost 100%. They only have a minimum revenue. =( =( But it is still expensive for the quality of the food I am getting. I wouldn't mind paying those prices if only the food was much better.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #282 on: February 12, 2016, 11:33:27 pm »
I think the markup is for venue rental which is inclusive. Still, youre paying like 200k+ for it. Mas mahal pa than getting like Angelfields! :(

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #283 on: February 13, 2016, 12:15:51 am »
^Yup!! Really regret not going for Antonios Tagaytay. But nevermind, I let it go na. Just wish the food in my venue tasted better hahaha I even asked the AE if there would be any chance they would change the caterer soon. She said no, because they are bound by the contract with Hizons for at least 1 year. which will lapse in October pa.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 12:17:36 am by Chili1113 »

corpse_bride

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #284 on: February 15, 2016, 01:39:37 am »
^ oh my.. Parehas pa naman tayo ng worry, Chili.  Food can't fail talaga. Maybe meron ngang hidden rental charge for the venue with their price. Like samin, cheaper na in excess of 200pax.

dr.thereal.joy

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #285 on: March 09, 2016, 10:06:48 pm »
Medyo nalungkot lang ako na yung sis in law ni h2b eh nagpipilit sa gown niya na lace (twice). Eh yung gowns ng ento ko na iba simple lang. Maiiba siya and would look like my maid of honor. I told her and my FMIL and said na hayaan ko na lang si SIL2b (in-law niya not her daughter) kasi baka gusto pa raw niya suotin yung gown niya. She even said na di siya magpapagawa sa mananahi ko. She didn't even thought na baka mag-iba ng tela/color. Ako naman I let her be nung kasal niya. Kung ano design gusto niya I let her be but why with our wedding parang ang hirap niya kausapin? Dinaan pa niya sa mom niya and MIL (my future MIL). Then when I sent her a message on the gown she did not acknowledged it and yung fMIL ko na ang nagreply sa gown na ano gusto niya.  =/

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #286 on: March 10, 2016, 06:47:56 am »
^ I can empathize with you sis.  My wedding is quite simple. I am going for simple but elegant. Since overseas ako, sinabihan ko lang yung best friend ko na samahan yung mum ko sa pagbili ng tela since may alam sya dito. Sinabi ko sa kanya ng paulit ulit yung peg ko with pics to match. Binili nila yung tela ng December. Early feb pa lang sinasabihan na namin sya na magpatahi. Nasa kanya kasi yung mga tela ng SS kasi isa sya sa SS. Last week, nalaman ko na yung tela na binili nya for SS instead of lace top, eh mesh coverup na punung puno ng rhinestones at ang balak pala nya eh backless ang gown nya. Nung sinabi ko sa kanya na papalitan namin ng lace at hindi tlaga pwedi ang magbackless nagalit sya sa akin. Di na daw sya mag SS.  I remained firm on my decision. Ang sa akin lang, this is my wedding. When she got wed, we were very supportive of her. If she can't be the same then at least I know what kind of friend she is talaga. I guess mas gusto nyang mas bongga sya kesa sa bride over anything else.

I'm just showing you an example of what could happen. Ang sa akin naman, if kung hinayaan ko naman with the SS na ganun ang gown nila na sobrang sparkly at see through, I have 3 other bridesmaids, not to mention yung sister ko na MOH na pweding magalit sa akin kasi sobrang bongga nila samantalang the rest of the entourage eh napaka simple. Not to mention, simple lang din yung gown ko. 


dr.thereal.joy

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #287 on: March 13, 2016, 09:11:53 pm »
^Did you get he pa ba sis? Nakakasama lang ng loob kasi December ko pa sinend, deadline is January then she send her design Feb and midway ng Feb eh gusto niyang wag na magpatahi sa mananahi ko. Medyo nakakabastos lang for me kasi parang di niya naisip na pwedeng mag-iba din kulay niya. Ngayon we are late ng one week in production. Nakakastress lang.Ayaw ko sumama loob ko pero nakakatampo lang. Kesa sabi ng mom niya and MIL namin yung gown niya then MIL said let her be na sa gown niya. MIL is mabait naman and thankful ako sa mga ginawa niya for our wedding pero parang nakakasad lang for me na siya yung sinuportahan kesa ako and anak niya na sa kasal namin

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #288 on: March 13, 2016, 10:42:11 pm »
^ No sis.  Hinda na. I think when it came down to it, my friend would rather choose to be the star of the night than a friend.  She decided na din naman. I didn't make pilit na. Ayoko ng additional stress and the thing is, she was stressing me out prior to the my discovery of the mesh coverup. Now just 2.5 months away from my wedding and nagka breakout ako! :( kaya Injust let it go. I would rather look for anothrr type of lace than be stressed by her. Best of luck sis.

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #289 on: March 14, 2016, 12:42:20 pm »
Girls question. Is it too much to expect an HMUA to hold your date until at least your trial? I am very disappointed right now.. I scheduled my trial for tomorrow, pero last week of feb pa kami nag usap. then yesterday she left me a message on fb that another person already wants to book her for my wedding date...kaso today ko lang nabasa.. then today when I texted her, she informed me na nagdeposit na yung other bride.. e di para san pa yung trial ko bukas nyan??? hayyy I want to cry....

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #290 on: March 14, 2016, 05:25:37 pm »
^ Unfortunately, without any down payment, it's really difficult to expect suppliers to reserve your date unless they specifically state that they allow pencil booking (and even that imho is challenging to commit to)

There are a lot of good HMUAs :) let us know your peg/type and we can refer you

peachlipstick

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #291 on: March 14, 2016, 08:00:26 pm »
Hi sis dr.thereal.joy, I think it's only fair for your wants and preferences to be the priority here. It is, after all, YOUR wedding. If she can't comply and you think it wouldn't make a big difference, let her go. I mean, if she wants her preference to be the priority, eh di pakasal siya ulit. lol

Honestly all my ento knows that it's my way or the highway. You just have to be firm and consistent :)

Happy preps :)

Hi sis meixin,

I agree with sis reese17, only the downpayment will make the supplier block their dates for us. Baka hindi lang kayo meant to be ni HMUA, don't worry, you'll find another one :)

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #292 on: March 14, 2016, 08:11:24 pm »
^^^Sorry for what happened Meixin but that's usually the arrangement when a supplier is holding a date for you without a down payment. If another couple is interested in your date, they will just give you 24 hours to reconfirm and pay the down payment. Thats what one of suppliers told me when I asked if they could pencil book my date. Dont worry, marami pa magaling na HMUA:)

corpse_bride

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #293 on: March 22, 2016, 02:03:22 am »
I just wanna share my re-occurring sama ng  luob. I have the same problem with dr.thereal.joy & Missus O. Worse pa coz it's my sister who's bugging me about her daughters' gowns. Just wanted to keep it simple with varied white tops & shades of blue skirts.  Most of our female entourage kasi are nieces. They could easily re-use the gowns for balls & proms.  When she showed her daughters daw the gown for them (actually the designer finalized it, he asked for photos of them) they were deadma daw. Even complained. She kept on bugging me na baka daw pwede iba ang color ng top over a course of 2 weeks. I'm like "Hellooo??? Ok ka lang?" But of course, I didn't say it. I just said politely that the colors have been chosen ans it would be too confusing to add other colors. When she'd mention it again, uulitin ko na naman my reply as if she didn't see my prior answer.

I'm like, you're the mom diba? Why are you bothering me with what your daughters say about the colors? Aren't you suppose to explain to them that this their aunt's freaking wedding & not just a plain party.

Now, dinedeadma niya ako when I ask her what design ang napili niya na drawing nung designer. This is the 5th & 6th drawing mind you. 1st try, no pegs. As long as it covers her well daw. 2nd try, di niya type. And we (mom, other sisters and I) were ooh-ing and aah-ing with what the designer drew. Finally, she sends pegs! The designer was like "ah she likes it simple lang pala."

Hay nako. Sobrang nakakabwisit na nakakalungkot. To think I insisted with my fiancé to have our wedding in July just so my sister and her daughters could go home. Ang pangit pangit ng weather ng July. Mahal pa ang bulaklak.


corpse_bride

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #294 on: March 22, 2016, 02:06:55 am »
P.s. Just received a reply. She wants a new drawing. Fun. Just fun. Among all the things I have to freaking do in 4 months. I hafta go and get her a new design.

vhena14

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #295 on: March 22, 2016, 10:34:56 am »
^One of my problem also is my younger sister... hahahaha
So for me, I removed all of the possible source of my stress and anxiety. Yeah, even removing my own sister from entourage... hahaha! and I don't care! Wedding preps are definitely stressful already and she's like, "what if I'm pregnant? what if the color of my gown doesn't look good on me? you can't ask (cousin) to be part of entourage, hindi kami bati." so I told her, if you cannot abstain and use contraceptives, it is better for you not to be part of my entourage. so, even if my Mom pleads, I removed her, simply because she's annoying.  ;D ;D ;D

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #296 on: March 23, 2016, 09:41:50 am »
^nakakatawa naman siya parang bata, no offense :)

@corpse_bride just an idea, what if kaw nalang magdecide for her? para wala nalang siyang choice, hehe bad ko ba :P

peachlipstick

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #297 on: March 24, 2016, 03:23:50 pm »
P.s. Just received a reply. She wants a new drawing. Fun. Just fun. Among all the things I have to freaking do in 4 months. I hafta go and get her a new design.

Hi sis corpse_bride, sorry for this but medyo brattinella sila. Can't you decide for them na lang? This is stressful considering you are only 4 months away from the big day.

I removed her, simply because she's annoying.  ;D ;D ;D

Hi sis vhena14, ang kulit ng sister mo. Haha. Pero I doubt matatawa ako if sa akin nangyari yan. Good call na din to cut her loose before she can cause more stress. 

vhena14

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #298 on: March 24, 2016, 03:59:53 pm »
^yeah sis peachlipstick, i have enough na on my plate, there is no room for pabebe entourage...  8) 8) 8)
so sis corpse_bride, I know, I may look hard and harsh sa own biological sister ko, but it's all up to you if you let somebody give you headache. It's not like you're getting married yearly and can be corrected on the next time. Time to take a stand no, choose for them and tell them its final. Mag upgrade ka na from being corpse bride to zombie bride na. hahaha joke lang  ;D ;D ;D

corpse_bride

  • Guest
Re: Sama ng loob during wedding preps
« Reply #299 on: March 28, 2016, 09:19:44 pm »
Hahaha kung pwede nga lang eh! My sister is not part of the entourage. But since last na daw ako ikakasal sa family, gusto ng mom ko to have everybody's gowns made dun sa designer. Atleast now she gave pegs. So I'll send that nalang muna. Matagalan pa nga Ata coz nagliliwaliw pa yun designer. As for her daughters' gowns, I did choose the design. NAgreklamo ata yung girls. Kanina sa facetime sabi niya something "yung sinabi ni (daughter's name) ah." To our other sister. That sister said na siya na bahala to tell me. Wala naman sinabi. Alam siguro bwisit na ko.

Hay nako kung pwede lang mag change to bridezilla! But side kwento lang, I've had this nickname for more than 10 years na ata here. Thought kasi way back I'm never getting married haha

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close