watch now

Author Topic: Should I Work Abroad Again?  (Read 2430 times)

remilicious

  • Guest
Should I Work Abroad Again?
« on: September 12, 2015, 01:22:01 pm »
Hi! I just wanted to seek your opinions on working abroad again. I've worked abroad before but I've never been that successful so I end up going home. I have a job offer abroad again this year because of a relative who's been convincing me to work where she is for so many years now. I only decided to give it a try lately as I haven't gotten a good full time job here lately. Before I've worked in countries without knowing anyone and this time I have a relative there so it's definitely better.

I'm thinking whether to push through or not as I'm not sure if abroad is really for me or not. The work is something I did before but it's not my passion. I enjoy doing it though. Also they will pay for the accommodation and reimburse the plane fare. I can go home twice a year. The work schedule everyday is not bad at all as it's only a few hours per day so I have my free time to continue doing my passion or travelling around the city where I'll be. It does sounds good but I'm a bit scared thinking what if I don't succeed and end up wasting money or time going there. If I accept, the work begins next year so I have time to decide. Also my mom is alone though she's not that old but still I worry about her but she's supportive as long as I'm really decided on going and I can assure her I'm going to be fine there. Any advice?

forumera

  • Guest
Re: Should I Work Abroad Again?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 02:41:47 pm »
Go lang ng go. 😉

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Should I Work Abroad Again?
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 03:44:08 pm »
You'll never know until you try. Wala naman success dito so I'd say go for it!
Easier to fund your mother's care if you have a stable job.

vermich

  • Guest
Re: Should I Work Abroad Again?
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 03:56:28 pm »
For me sis try it. It sounds a very good oppurtunity tapos pwede kapang magsemi study while working and also as you said pursue your passion.

remilicious

  • Guest
Re: Should I Work Abroad Again?
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 01:58:04 pm »
Thanks for all the replies! I will have to decide siguro this October or November since if I push thru, it will give me ample time to prepare for it! I hope I make the right decision. I'm praying for it and let's see if this is really for me!

RoadrunnerXCX

  • Guest
Re: Should I Work Abroad Again?
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 01:11:26 pm »
go for it sis...as the saying goes  opportunity, especially good ones, knocks only once :)

lenzyfrancisco

  • Guest
Re: Should I Work Abroad Again?
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 02:12:51 pm »
^grab the opportunity sis, minsan lang yan. you might regret it pag di mo pa tinake,

remilicious

  • Guest
Re: Should I Work Abroad Again?
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 10:47:44 pm »
Until now I haven't decided. Most likely by November dapat may decision na ako since nag-eemail sa akin medyo madalas yung contact person. More than a month na yung offer though Feb pa start naman talaga. I hope they'll wait til end of the year since Dec naman daw deadline.

Girltalker2

  • Guest
Re: Should I Work Abroad Again?
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2015, 01:39:40 am »
TS, Do you have to resign from your current job? Or career wise, what are you forgoing kung aalis ka ng Manila?
I- weigh mo kung maganda naman kita mo at trabaho mo dito vs ano magiging career/future mo if you pursue abroad.

Pero sabi nga nila, mas exposed ka sa abroad and maganda din idagdag sa resume.

remilicious

  • Guest
Re: Should I Work Abroad Again?
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2015, 05:27:05 pm »
Nope I'm on freelance work and I'm handling my own website kaya talagang pwede ako umalis by next year. Mas maraming pros kaysa sa cons. I'm lately leaning on taking it. So far ito yung option na ok.

three8one

  • Guest
Re: Should I Work Abroad Again?
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2015, 05:42:04 pm »
push mo lang yan TS, pray for His guidance. sabi nga ng Lord sa Phillipians 4:6

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray for everything.
Tell God what you need and thank Him for He has done.



purple.strawberry

  • Guest
Re: Should I Work Abroad Again?
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2015, 05:59:12 pm »
Go TS. It seems fear and uncertainly are the only things holding you back. You'll never know naman talaga unless you get there. :)

naddie99

  • Guest
Re: Should I Work Abroad Again?
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 07:53:25 pm »
If you're not going to grab the opportunity, what do you plan on doing in the Philippines?

donyadine

  • Guest
Re: Should I Work Abroad Again?
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2016, 07:54:45 pm »
Hi TS, I assume this is the job opportunity in China? If you are worried about your Mom, you can bring her with you. Madali lang kumuha ng dependents sa China lalo na kung may working visa ka naman.

chicafabulosa

  • Guest
Re: Should I Work Abroad Again?
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2016, 08:10:29 pm »
I agree with sis donyadine. Its easy to get a dependent visa for you mom. Go ka lang sis. You need career stability rin. Si ce you mentioned you will need to work few hours, that means you can maybe find time to do your passion too. Sometimes it takes time to adjust but at least may relative ka dun. Di nakakatakot. Then once youre adjusted for sure you can find ways to earn from your passion too as your sideline siguro sa simula until you find a stable income from your passion. I wish you all the luck sis :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close