watch now

Author Topic: D&C vs. Naturally Miscarrying  (Read 3135 times)

Kim

  • Guest
D&C vs. Naturally Miscarrying
« on: September 11, 2015, 05:15:07 pm »
Hi, sisses.

I'd just like to get your opinions on which process worked best for those who experienced a miscarriage. I confirmed the loss of my baby during my 16th week ultrasound. But the baby actually lost its heartbeat daw at 13 weeks palang.

My OB gave me the options of undergoing D&C (raspa) or just waiting for my body to naturally expel the fetus & placenta. On the one hand, hirap pala maghintay. I don't know when it's gonna happen. And I'm afraid that it could hurt a lot. On the other hand naman, people around me are advising to just wait for my body to do its job as the D&C procedure could cause scarring.

I need to get more thoughts on this one before I make my decision. Thanks in advance.

preggygielian

  • Guest
Re: D&C vs. Naturally Miscarrying
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 09:55:58 am »
Sis, like you, I had a silent miscarriage and my OB recommended that I have a D&C.

Syempre merong pros and cons yan palagi pero para sakin mas nag outweigh ang pros ng D&C. The faster it was out, the faster I could heal and the sooner we could try again. We found out that the baby didn't have a heartbeat at 8 weeks - kaya nung naging preggy na ako ulit, sobrang emotional ko ng mga panahon na yan.

Best to speak to your OB on what her/his recommendations are. Hugs sis! Nothing we coulddo now but get better and try again. Hope you'll be pregnant when you're ready and give birth to a healthy baby!

Kim

  • Guest
Re: D&C vs. Naturally Miscarrying
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 03:00:04 pm »
Thanks so much for your inputs, sis.

I opted to have the D&C procedure done. Unfortunately, after the procedure, kapit na kapit pa rin si baby when checked through ultrasound. We were all shocked. The doctor was only able to get the placenta and all the other stuff that came with the fetus. In the end, my OB recommended to let my body naturally expel the fetus.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close