Author Topic: Anti-Pinoy, Get Real Philippines and the like  (Read 2966 times)

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
Anti-Pinoy, Get Real Philippines and the like
« on: September 11, 2015, 08:01:42 am »
Ladies,

how do you see websites like Anti-Pinoy, Get Real Philippines and the like?

Do you sometimes find them shallow and annoying? or do you think that they enlighten people in the right way?
I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

megamabushii

• GirlTalker
Re: Anti-Pinoy, Get Real Philippines and the like
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 09:59:56 am »
I prefer GRP over anti-pinoy. At least, GRP, to think it's hard-hitting with its articles, it shows the more realistic perspective of the Philippine social landscape. Anti-Pinoy, however, is purely promoting self-loathing.

chatbuddy21

• stereotype
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 10:35:52 am »
Get Real started ok, but now all their articles are biased.

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 06:35:42 am »
nag iba na sila.

medyo arrogante na. dati its like they have a message. now parang highly opinionated. tama ako , mali ka attitude.

they don't know everything. they're still pinoys. i'd rather learn from someone who has been out of the country for a decade because quite honestly it is our environment and mental framework that is keeping us from moving forward.

I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

jamie_0117

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 01:19:13 am »
Unpopular opinion: GRP is pretentious. Kunyari matalino sila, pero they bend the facts para mai-prove ang point nila. Yung headlines nila are sometimes not accurate with the contents - click bait lang.

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 06:38:17 am »
Hindi din sila marunong tumanggap na may mas matalino pa sa kanila at may mad malawak silang experience. Many of their articles/proposed solutions are bookish. Sometimes what they think as right had already been disproven by firstworld countries years ago.

purple.strawberry

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 02:38:45 pm »
I'm not familiar with GRP but yung anti-pinoy is obviously promoting hate. The blogger even writes in Quora, which is a known as a credible intellectual site. I remember meron siyang sinabi na Pinoys believe they are Westerners. Di ko alam saan niya yun napulot. I don't know why pero pag nababasa ko mga sulat niya ramdam na ramdam ko negativity.

jamie_0117

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 12:11:08 am »
Isa pa yang Adobo Chronicles. I get the humor, fine, but it also promotes hate. At na-s-stress ako sa gullible social media readers, mag sh-share pa!

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2015, 08:54:23 am »
I'm not familiar with GRP but yung anti-pinoy is obviously promoting hate. The blogger even writes in Quora, which is a known as a credible intellectual site. I remember meron siyang sinabi na Pinoys believe they are Westerners. Di ko alam saan niya yun napulot. I don't know why pero pag nababasa ko mga sulat niya ramdam na ramdam ko negativity.

its partly true sis. but i think its more of pinoys think they're americans.

i learned this when i landed in Australia. aside from our english accent which has a certain american twang,  we've embodied a lot of american preferences and values.

we are after all a former american colony. and even if we are now an independent country, we are still heavily affected by america. americans know that we love them so much too.

maybe the better way of saying it is that we love the americans and their culture to a fault.

honestly some of the things i really love as a while growing up is highly contrasted here in Aus which we all know is a former british colony.

both sites AP and GRP started as something highly intellectual but now they're different

AP once churned out quality articles. now he is full of rants.

GRP din but on a lesser level.

both ay magaling sumulat. kadalasan pag hindi ka magaling sumulat, agrabyado ka na sa kanila.

pero isang MALAKI na nakikita ko, hindi sila umaamin na mali sila or may mas magandang opinion sa kanila.

springblossom

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2015, 06:56:29 pm »
I used to visit AP and GRP sites but lately, hinde na. their criticisms used to be enlightening and constructive, but lately, their articles are more hateful than concerned. naiisip ko nalang na baka nagiging bitter na din sila at wala na silang rason to be hopeful about our country.

in a way, parang ganun din ako. nakakapagod na to be honest. wala namang pagbabago. nung natalo si gordon, naging bitter ako lol! Im just keeping my hope for a better Philippines through sheer willpower. Pati yung pagmamahal ko sa bansa. At wala naman talaga akong choice. It’s as if I could change the circumstances of my birth di ba? Kahit saan ako makarating, Filipino pa rin ako.
"I believe in the sun, even when it is not shining.
 I believe in love, even when i do not feel it.
 I believe in God, even when He is silent."

(These lines were found scrawled on a cellar wall in Cologne which was destroyed by bombing in WWII.)

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close