Author Topic: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15  (Read 110589 times)

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #280 on: January 05, 2016, 05:59:13 pm »
^Ah ok so scratched off na siya :p

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #281 on: January 05, 2016, 06:11:30 pm »
^I only have old rates of Ish. Just PM me if you still need it for reference. For Thea's rates, maybe sis Belle knows :)

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #282 on: January 05, 2016, 06:23:38 pm »
Thea is cheaper than Ish. Pero kay Thea yung bride only di kasama yung groom.
I want Ish kasi airbrush din si groom. hehe.

Still haven't decided kung sino kukunin ko.

Yung portfolio kasi nila walang before and after. That's why I like eds go. yung portfolio nya may before and after, kitang kita kung paano nya napaganda yung bride pero hindi mukhang 1 kilo yung foundation, nagmumukhang fresh lang. Amazed talaga ko don.

princessshayera

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #283 on: January 05, 2016, 06:25:53 pm »
I have the new rates of Ish. Mabilis naman siya mag reply. 17K airbrush plus 2 heads. :) 

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #284 on: January 05, 2016, 06:29:53 pm »
^naalala ko nakakahia yung before pic ko haha

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #285 on: January 05, 2016, 06:31:20 pm »
Some brides don't want their before photos posted. I specifically asked my HMUA not to post mine! Hahaha ;D

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #286 on: January 05, 2016, 06:37:15 pm »
@hermione28: try checking out Jey's page (http://www.facebook.com/BeautybyJeyMakeUpArtist ) She also posts her before and after pics  :) Satisfied naman ako sa trial ko sa kanya, di pa lang talaga ako decided kaya I want to check out other HMUA pa. I attended my friend's wedding nung ng trial ako sa kanya and it really lasted the whole day kahit ba normally nagooil agad face ko  :P

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #287 on: January 05, 2016, 07:02:25 pm »
^yes sis caleeice, i hate seeing my before photo beside the 'fully furnished' end product haha!  ;D especially how thea did my facial contouring during my brother's wedding. gosh talaga hahaha

Tubby

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #288 on: January 06, 2016, 03:09:26 am »
Thanks sis. Will check them out :) Gusto ko kasi yung magaling sa eyes. Gusto ko sobrang laki ng eyes ko sa wedding ko hehe

Sis - Check the portfolio or IG of Cherry Pacheco. She's an expert in making those chinita eyes not so chinita. :) Saw a lot of good feedback from her Chinese brides.

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #289 on: January 06, 2016, 06:46:30 am »
Some brides don't want their before photos posted. I specifically asked my HMUA not to post mine! Hahaha ;D

haha! me too! sabi ko nga wag na ipost pati yung after pic, shy type lang :D pero Nini insisted na kahit yung naayusan na daw ako kaya keri na nga!

stylus

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #290 on: January 06, 2016, 07:19:04 am »
Hindi ko rin feel na ibang tao ang magpopost ng before and after pic ko. Mas okay pa ako ang magpost, tag ko na lang ang hmua ;)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #291 on: January 06, 2016, 09:18:16 am »
^ chicafabulosa, based on the FB post and its comments, parang relative ka ata ni Eds Go. :)

Chili's review was based on fact and there was nothing said to malign the HMUA. Did she say that Eds was unprofessional? Nope. Did anyone bash Eds' skills? Nope. Ang dami pa nga fans dito eh. Chili only questionned why Eds was about to accept her SIL's booking.

You are being defensive with your emotionally-charged comments. Are brides and relatives of brides banned from making observations and posting them online?

Chica is the sister of Eds. This is how Eds is very much aware of what is said about her in forums ;)
And for prospective brides of Eds, you should know that she WILL accept double booking. I myself was triple-booked, lol! Eds only does the bride, and leaves for the next gig after. She left behind her hairstylist and an assistant to me for 2nd look. If that is an issue to you then at least you know na from me straight. That in itself is not a breach of contract but a lot of brides WILL feel that they are being shortchanged vs. if they booked a different HMUA who will solely dedicate themselves to the bride on her day. I myself would have reconsidered siguro had i known this before booking. And i do agree that suppliers should have been transparent about their other gigs on the same day of the wedding para lang no one will feel betrayed and share their experience pa here. On the flipside, despite being tripled booked, i would say Eds did a good job naman on my makeup and hair, ang kulang lang talaga is on the touch-ups since her assistant wouldnt even dare retouch my makeup, puro oil paper lang lol! Peace out :)

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #292 on: January 06, 2016, 09:24:21 am »
^aww sis you mean sa 2nd look mo hindi ka niretouch ng assistant nya? as in oil blotter lang? I feel you sis. Sana suppliers would be honest naman if they do double booking. kasi hindi naman mura bayad natin sa kanila. And kung malaman ko na na double booking ako, hindi ko na sya ipupush kasi sa start palang di na sya honest sakin.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #293 on: January 06, 2016, 09:58:29 am »
^Sabi daw sa kanya is wag na galawin yung makeup kasi if they add powder it will only have chunks... so yes wala masyadong touch ups. Hair lang, and that was really good :)

pogi02

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #294 on: January 06, 2016, 10:34:54 am »
^^^Hindi ko rin gusto yung before and after pics. Nakakaloka kasi yung mga posted na make-up transformations. Gusto ko very light & natural lang. Heheh.


hi sis sparklingjewel, kahit hindi na si Eds ang nag-retouch sayo, atleast her assistant seems like did her job well. Good for you. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #295 on: January 06, 2016, 11:01:10 am »
Sana if ganyan pala si Eds Go na she wont be the one to do the retouch and 2nd look herself, then she should charge a lower rate kung assistant lang yung gagawa.

For instance, with top makeup artist Gela Laurel, her price is different IF she stays and does the 2nd look and retouch HERSELF. The price is also lower if it is done by the ASSISTANT. That is very clearly written on Gela's rate sheet.

In the rate sheet I have of Eds, it doesnt specify that it will be the assistant who will stay for the 2nd look. And as you can read with the previous brides of Eds here, she HAS stayed and done their 2nd looks in the past. WHY all of a sudden will she say that she doesn't do retouches herself anymore? I am suspecting it is because she has 1st, 2nd, and 3rd bookings which is why she cannot do it herself like she used to? That is totally fine, except sana she should adjust the price, make it clear, and inform clients of her multiple bookings.

Sorry, I really dont mean to be contrabida, and I don't want to put any supplier down. But kasi I really find the practice deceiving. I am writing it down here because sad to say it is becoming a common practice in the wedding industry-- and some brides do have wedding tragedies because of it.  We have to speak up because this is not an ethical practice. It isn't fair to the clients who have certain expectations and needs.

Well anyway, that is what this forum is for--sharing of thoughts of opinions, and ideas. So please lang ha, if there are relatives of suppiers here (and yes, I am looking at you CHICAFABULOSA-- because several sisses PMed me not to mind you nalang daw because you are Eds Go's SISTER.) Please lang ha, don't be unnecessarily rude and so defensive when we brides are discussing potential problems among ourselves. That won't reflect well on your sister, Eds. If you can't handle the comments then stop lurking around. You don't seem to be a bride anyway.
 
Sparklingjewel, you are really very pretty and I agree your hair was very nice at your wedding!! Please don't feel offended by what I said above because I think you really MADE the RIGHT decision booking Eds pa din, because you were so beautiful in the pics I saw. Her makeup style really suits your beauty-- very fresh faced, and flawless!!

And to all Eds Go brides here--sorry I don't mean to put your beloved supplier down. I'm sure you will all look beautiful on your big day. I would have normally kept quiet. However,  I am not one to back down when someone is rude and talks as if I lied, or don't know what I am talking about. That doesn't take away though from the fact that you all booked a very talented makeup artist. Good luck!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 11:48:30 am by Chili1113 »

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #296 on: January 06, 2016, 11:22:01 am »
Curious lang, what was it she posted on FB? I can't seem to see the post e..

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #297 on: January 06, 2016, 11:27:43 am »
Curious lang, what was it she posted on FB? I can't seem to see the post e..

Eds Go made post pertaining to the conversation here, that she has never ever been late whether she has 2 or 3 bookings in a day. She ALWAYS makes it known daw to her clients if she already has previous bookings  (hehe NO COMMENT).

Then she deleted it, or made it private after a couple of hours.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 11:59:48 am by Chili1113 »

princessshayera

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #298 on: January 06, 2016, 12:06:22 pm »
Sis - Check the portfolio or IG of Cherry Pacheco. She's an expert in making those chinita eyes not so chinita. :) Saw a lot of good feedback from her Chinese brides.

She's my first choice but booked na siya on my day. Naunahan ako ng another bride by 1 day :(

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #299 on: January 06, 2016, 01:20:52 pm »
During my wedding, although Jasmine (Mendiola) did my makeup, she informed me that it would be Marie (her colleague) who would stay and do the retouching. In fairness to Marie, she really checked up on me when I was waiting inside the car (before the march), after the ceremony, during the couple's pictorial and before the reception. Jasmine also made sure that my makeup stayed put so kahit puro iyak ako, the falsies stayed on and the only thing Marie did was to add moisturizer under my eyes, smokey eye shadow for the reception (which I loooved) and fixed up a few loose curls.

I guess one important thing to consider aside from the transparency of the suppliers is making sure that their assistants/colleagues who will stay are good with makeup and hair too. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close