Author Topic: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15  (Read 110501 times)

peachlipstick

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #140 on: November 27, 2015, 12:50:13 pm »
^Hi sis twinxz, I'll have a trial with her po January 21. May bayad ang trial sa kanya so I'll be using my trial for our Annual Party na lang para hindi sayang.

If you have any hesitations sa make-up artist mo I suggest you think it through kung i-push mo pa ang booking. Kasi your make-up will be one of your main features sa wedding. If ka satisfied baka makita sa photos.

Honestly, I have paid DP to two HMUA previously, pero I won't be getting them na lang kasi I have doubts eh. Most especially the second one I've booked, medyo di pa siya maayos kausap sa chat :(

If all goes well sa trial namin sa January 21, I'll definitely book Carissa :) Balitaan kita. Update mo din kami on your decision :)

twinxz

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #141 on: November 27, 2015, 01:02:30 pm »
How much sis if I may know? and saan? May studio ba sya?

True sis huhu. Recently nag upload pa naman sya photos, eh di ko pa din bet maybe sa lighting or sa cam na gamit. :(

Talaga sis? Sino yong mga yun? PM naman baka same tayo.

Awayin ko muna si h2b. Sayang din kasi yung DP eh. Nakakaiyak T____T

peachlipstick

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #142 on: November 27, 2015, 03:57:31 pm »
^Sis twinxz, natawa ako sa awayin si h2b. Lol

Malaki na ba nabayad n'yo for DP? Ako kasi, tig-2k lang DP ko dun sa dalawang HMUA, bale 4k na ang nasasayang ko. Nung una ko sinabi kay h2b ang hesitations ko sabi niya bigyan ko daw ng chance pero I made him understand na sayang ang bayad sa Photo and Video Team if di ako maganda sa pictures and videos saka masisira ang araw ko nun malamang. Konting lambing lang bumigay din siya. Haha. He even agreed to pay for the trial make up with the other make up artist na shortlisted ko (this one I'll use sa christmas party para di din sayang)

PM ko sa'yo ang trial price ni Carissa.

The other two HMUAs I let go were Danny Capistrano Salon and Rose Abastillas (this one, nasobrahan sa pagka-fresh look, parang make-up ko lang sa sarili ko)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 01:35:32 pm by peachlipstick »

mija0126

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #143 on: November 28, 2015, 01:02:33 am »
sis twinxz nacurious naman ako kung sino HMUA mo...:(

mdnextdoor

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #144 on: November 28, 2015, 10:46:47 am »
I also changed my hmua months ago. Nagandahan kasi ako sa gawa niya sa isang colleague ko. So i booked her right away even if i had hesitations during our trial. And then all her posts on ig, di talaga maganda. My friend even described her work as trashy. It won't matter if you're wearing the most beautiful gown if your face looks ewan. Hahaha! Basta, if you're not confident with your hmua, let go na. I have scrimped on other suppliers that i felt was not that important except this, and food of course.

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #145 on: November 28, 2015, 01:01:03 pm »
any reviews on jasmine mendiola?

I'm a Jasmine Mendiola bride. If you like the natural, blushing bride look, go for her. She can also do heavy/smokey eyes. She did a combination of airbrush and traditional on me!

I can PM you photos of my entourage who had heavier makeup if you're interested. :)

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #146 on: November 28, 2015, 05:23:34 pm »
reese17

yes, please pm me pictures of both her natural/blushing and heavy make up looks! meron ka rin ng smokey eyes niya?  thank you so much tagal pa kasi ng trial make up namin:)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 03:46:09 pm by rowan »

twinxz

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #147 on: November 28, 2015, 11:57:36 pm »
@peachlipstick
yes sis, ang hirap especially if budget wedding like us. hihi! I think I paid 3K na for the DP. I mentioned it to him kanina, still ininsist nya si HMUA 1, eh nung dinefend ko naman the new, di na sya sumagot. Thanks for the info sis! Received your PM :)

@mija0126
Sana nga sis mali lang ako ng judgement, pero I'm still praying ano maging decision namin sa kanya.

@mdnextdoor
thanks for the insight sis. i agree with you that if you're wearing the most beautiful gown, your face looks ewan naman eh kawawa naman ako sa wedding namin.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #148 on: November 29, 2015, 01:12:25 pm »
My biggest concern now is not the makeup artist I booked, but the hairstylist she usually partners with. I checked my HMUA's portfolio and parang Im not impressed with the hairstyles.

Ive been watching SDEs and I noticed many times the bride's makeup is just fabulous up close but the hairdo is just bad especially under the veil!! If you ask me, the hairstyle is very crucial and pampasira talaga the look when not done well.

Like for me prenup shoot, OK my makeup but I didn't like  2 out of the 3 hairstyles they did, and the hairpins kept coming loose. My last hairdo made my face look fatter too =( I didnt consider this before booking a makeup artist before. Just realized how important it was after my prenup shoot. 

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #149 on: November 29, 2015, 03:50:03 pm »
chili1113,

maybe you can show your hmua pegs of the hair you want? i remember when i booked my hmua before(non wedding event), pinasend niya muna sa akin gusto ko make up and hair. also, baka pwede mo sabihin kay hmua yung concern mo about the hairstyles? i agree, hindi pwede maiwan ng face ang hair! normal days nga nakakasira ng araw ang bad hair day eh, sa wedding mo pa kaya diba.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #150 on: November 29, 2015, 05:13:58 pm »
Chili, is it possible to get someone else you are comfortable with to do your hair?

^same here, i sent pegs for my ceremony and reception hair and thea's partner hairstylist did his job well. hands down ako, ang galing and sobrang tyaga nya mag himay ng strands. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #151 on: November 29, 2015, 11:26:19 pm »
Yes! I think I shall show pegs for my hairstyle!! =) My trial makeup is 3 weeks from now, and I will try my best to tell the hairstylist what I want for my hair. Then if I am still not satisfied, perhaps that is the time I can discuss it with the Makeup artist and check out my options.

I met this bride in our pre-cana seminar and found out we booked the same Makeup artist. She had rave reviews about the makeup artist, and before she booked she had several trial sessions with others. But she told me she wasnt too happy with the hairstyle also, but she brought it up with the makeup artist and she said she will discuss daw with the hairstylist exactly what the bride wants for the wedding nalang daw.

peachlipstick

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #152 on: November 30, 2015, 01:47:41 pm »
I agree with our sisses about the hairstyle. It should be as beautiful as the Make-up since we're paying a professional for our Hair and Make-up needs.

Isa sa main considerations ko kasi ang hair styling; ayaw ko kasi ng flat ang buhok ko so I always see to it that my HMUA knows what I wanted done with my hair too.

Sis Chili1113, sana maging okay na ang hairstylist mo on your next trial :) Question din po, since you mentioned your pre-nup's already finished, are you going to pay again for a trial make-up with yourHMUA? Or your pre-nup make-up artist is different from you wedding make-up artist? 

jjlo_15

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #153 on: November 30, 2015, 02:58:22 pm »
Hi sis chill pwede malaman kung sino ang HMUA mo?

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #154 on: November 30, 2015, 04:20:43 pm »
Chili, I had the same doubts about my hairstylist because I wasn't too impressed with the outcome of my trial HMU session. I wasn't too sure also about her IG posts either... so what I did was, I went to Piandre and showed one of the senior stylists there a bunch of pegs from Pinterest and we spent 2-3 hours checking out which updo, semi-updo, etc. would suit my face! Lol. In the end, I took a photo and showed that to the hairstylist on the day of my wedding :) She gladly obliged and I was very happy with the outcome. Maybe you can do the same? So at least you know which style suits your face shape...

sweetieanne18

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #155 on: November 30, 2015, 04:39:47 pm »
hello mga sissies😊 i recommend mariah santos camayan she's one of the best (for me) even late sya and hindi na bumalik sa reception on my wedding day😔 everytime kasi na nakikita ko yong mga wedding photo's namin ni hubby im so happy sa outcome ng make up ko nung wedding natural and fresh look😊

msdeezynom

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #156 on: November 30, 2015, 05:09:47 pm »
Hello sisses im new to GT.. :) but ive been visiting the site since i got engaged and read some reviews from time to time.... any reviews on chalk santos??? i just booked him yesterday super nice nya and maganda din ang work.... pero dko sya masyado nababasa sa mga forum :)

i booked my first hmua Gem Uy sa bridal fair, pero pag uwi ko and check ko photos ko, parang hindi ko na nagustuhsn nabigla lang ako at nadala kasi nga nagpatrial na ko..   so ang goal ko is palitan talaga sya..  sayang nga lang reservation fee sakania.... so ngyon si chalk na nabook ko sana okay naman kalabasan but hughly recommended sya ng mga nakakausap ko :)

damnation

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #157 on: December 01, 2015, 02:30:23 am »
Hi! Trying to backread pero medyo mahaba na rin. Any feedback or thoughts on Lindsay Co-Alog? She is the recommended makeup artist of our photog. Thanks!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #158 on: December 01, 2015, 03:13:11 am »
^She's the wife of one of Foreveryday Photography's photographers-Christian Alog. Check her portfolio to see if you like her style. =) I never heard negative comments about her naman and her looks are very natural. I hind her prices a bit steep though, but if you like her style--go for it! =)

sophiehotness

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #159 on: December 01, 2015, 05:20:24 pm »
^^ talagang dapat maganda rin ang hairstyle, dapat it suits the face, the gown, the theme of the wedding...Well, siguro hindi lang ako ang mag-agree but it is one of the "ganda points" na nakita ko when I booked my hmua (Nini Marquez), she is both a makeup artist and a hairstylist, and siya talaga ang nagha-hairstyle sa bride. She can do even yong mga nasa pinterest na hairstyles, messy buns, brushed up na messy etc. and ang galing kase siya talaga mismo ang gumagawa :-)... Maybe some of you have seen her fb, and talagang ang gaganda ng hairstyle and makeup ng brides niya :-)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close