watch now

Author Topic: Using Salicylic Acid as a daily toner?  (Read 16505 times)

sildusoleil

  • Guest
Using Salicylic Acid as a daily toner?
« on: August 26, 2015, 03:15:16 pm »
Hi,

Currently using a 10% salicylic acid as my daily toner. Kakaumpisa ko palang. Ask ko lang kung nasubukan ninyo na ba? Mawawala ba talaga ang whiteheads/blackheads? Dami ko kasing butlig butlig sa noo at cheeks.

Di ko pa kasi masabi for now kasi nga kakaumpisa ko palang. What I do is a dab it on my cotton balls and directly apply on my face pagkatapos ko maghilamos. I use it twice a day. Kuminis yung ilong ko at hindi na halata yung pores. Hindi na mukhang tinadtad ng karayom sa dami nang butas.

Nagiiwan siya ng white residue once natuyo na yung salicylic acid. Para siyang baby powder at madulas at mukhang maputi yung mukha ko.

Sa inyo ba?

Annek0909

  • Guest
Re: Using Salicylic Acid as a daily toner?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 09:27:04 pm »
Minsan, kapag may big pimples ako, nilalagyan ko ng salicylic acid. Magiging white siya after a few minutes. Hinding hindi ko siya nilalagay sa buong mukha kasi grabe sa hapdi. Also, after ilang days kapag everyday ako naglalagay ng salicylic, nangingitim and nagddry yung area. After nun, magppeel off yung skin. Then, kikinis and kapag napeel off na yung skin, balik normal na yung kulay. Again, minsan lang ako maglagay kasi ang hapdi talaga minsan

pimli

  • Guest
Re: Using Salicylic Acid as a daily toner?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 11:50:23 am »
I am using 10% salicyclic acid mixed half and half with astringent (Eskinol Gluta Milk) to tone it down to lower concentration, and liking the results. Kaso mahapdi after a few days! I do three straight days with this then rest muna for 3 days. Yung pure 10% I use as spot treatment lang. Pero ang kinis ng ilong ko after toner then I use black clay mask (Innisfree volcanic), then oil cleanse. I learned this method from an asian beauty blog fiftyshadesofsnail (not affiliated).

pr280

  • Guest
Re: Using Salicylic Acid as a daily toner?
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 03:25:54 pm »
What brand are you using? I'm using Paula's Choice BHA 9 daily but as a spot treatment and not as an all over toner. I use it for stubborn imperfections because I'm prone to clogged pores (skin colored bumps that are not cystic, pimples or dont form a head but take a while to go away). For the rest of my face I acid tone 3x a week with Biologique Recherche P50T.

Doesn't your face dry out with using the Salicylic Acid all over the face? I have combination skin so my blemish prone area is just the T zone. I'm careful with acids and my cheek areas because they tend to be dry.

female.weezy

  • Guest
Re: Using Salicylic Acid as a daily toner?
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 06:04:01 pm »
Pwede kaya to sa maraming milia?

IndelicatePinay

  • Guest
Re: Using Salicylic Acid as a daily toner?
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 07:32:10 pm »
^pr280, where did you buy your Paula's Choice product?

i.love.siomai

  • Guest
Re: Using Salicylic Acid as a daily toner?
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 09:09:11 am »
Pwede ba sya gamitin sa mga darkened areas sa foot due to wearing tight shoes?? Maglighten kaya? How about those generic brands being sold on groceries? Effective kaya?

tealover

  • Guest
Re: Using Salicylic Acid as a daily toner?
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 05:25:55 pm »
Sana you can visit a dermatologist din before putting something on your faces lalo na if it contains harsh chemicals like salicylic.  It can do more harm than good if it's not really the right treatment of choice for you.

luna laxa

  • Guest
Re: Using Salicylic Acid as a daily toner?
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 09:14:26 pm »
Same question, sis pr280

pr280

  • Guest
Re: Using Salicylic Acid as a daily toner?
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 04:31:01 pm »
^pr280, where did you buy your Paula's Choice product?

I buy via their Australia website and have it shipped to my friend in SG and she just brings it to Manila when she visits

luna laxa

  • Guest
Re: Using Salicylic Acid as a daily toner?
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2015, 01:42:51 am »
^oh wow not a convenient purchase at all haha.  But thanks sis!

IndelicatePinay

  • Guest
Re: Using Salicylic Acid as a daily toner?
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2015, 08:57:52 am »
^ I wish I had a close friend in SG!  ;D

Hope there will be resellers here soon.

pr280

  • Guest
Re: Using Salicylic Acid as a daily toner?
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 04:08:39 pm »
Onga eh medyo kailangan isked ang pagreplenish. I fell in love with a lot of their products so no choice.

They used to have a reseller here ewan ko bakit nagpull out na. They didn't put up stores kasi parang direct selling style. And they didn't have the full range.

luna laxa

  • Guest
Re: Using Salicylic Acid as a daily toner?
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 12:13:52 am »
^ i hope they give the PH market another shot. madami na kayang skin conscious ngayon! or at least offer free shipping if its gonna come from sg lang naman, like luxola (hk).


sildusoleil
sis what happened na pala to your toner affair? tinuloy mo ba paggamit? sana hindi ...

choco_loka

  • Guest
Re: Using Salicylic Acid as a daily toner?
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2015, 11:14:09 am »
^^ I'm using Paula's Choice Resist Line the one with glycolic acid :) It's very nice, but has a little acidic scent. Nawala pimples sa forehead ko and it cleared up my bacne.

Salicylic acid as toner may be a little harsh? Hindi ba nakaka dry? What if you use it for spot treatment?

mysterioza_me

  • Guest
Re: Using Salicylic Acid as a daily toner?
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2015, 12:33:52 pm »
Parang ang harsh ata ng salicylic acid for the face.

Escapaira

  • Guest
Re: Using Salicylic Acid as a daily toner?
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2016, 04:34:16 pm »
Meron kaya nito sa watson?

orangepulp

  • Guest
Re: Using Salicylic Acid as a daily toner?
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2016, 09:11:54 pm »
I use a salicylic acid based serum  for spot treatment. I think pag konti lang and salicylic acid content okay lang  to use as toner. If di nakasulat sa ingredient list ang percentage, see how your skin reacts to it. If nadra-dry skin mo. Stop using it as a toner or use lang sa t-zone.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 01:26:45 pm by orangepulp »

sassy_gal18

  • Guest
Re: Using Salicylic Acid as a daily toner?
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2016, 09:51:28 pm »
Bought sure aid 10% salicylic acid at watsons earlier. Pang spot treatment lang.

MargaretSmith

  • Guest
Re: Using Salicylic Acid as a daily toner?
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2016, 05:15:53 pm »
There are various different acids used in toner, salicylic acid being one of them. It leaves skin finer, clearer and smoother. My sister uses salicylic acid based facial products from Image SkinCare. You can try this out. The acid has a redness calming factor.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close