Author Topic: Novenas Thread 2  (Read 3555 times)

Party Sparklers

• Junior GirlTalker
Novenas Thread 2
« on: August 19, 2015, 03:40:44 pm »
Powerful Nine Hour Novena to the Divine Child Jesus, Infant of Prague

This Novena for an Urgent Need, is to be said at the same time every hour for NINE consecutive hours in just one day. (May also be used as a Nine-Day Novena.)

Jesus, You said,
"Ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened to you."
Through the intercession of Mary, Your holy Mother, I knock, I seek. I ask that my prayer be granted.
(State your specific request or intention here)

Jesus, You said,
"All that you ask of the Father in My name, He will grant you."
Through the intercession of Mary, Your holy Mother, I humbly and urgently ask Your Father in Your Name that my prayer be granted.

Jesus, You said,
"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My word shall not pass."
Through the intercession of Mary, Your holy Mother, I feel confident that my prayer will be granted.

PRAYER OF THANKSGIVING

I prostrate myself before Your Holy Image, O most gracious Infant Jesus, to offer You my most fervent thanks for the blessings Thou has bestowed upon me.

I shall incessantly praise Your ineffable mercy and confess that You alone are my God, my Helper and my Protector.

Henceforth, my entire confidence shall be placed in You!

Everywhere, I shall proclaim aloud Your mercy and generosity, so that Your great Love and the great deeds which You perform through this Miraculous Image may be acknowledged by all.

May devotion to Thy Holy Infancy increase more and more in the hearts of all Christians, and may all who experience Your Divine assistance persevere with me in showing unceasing gratitude to Your Most Holy Infancy, to which we praise and glorify forever. Amen

Thank you, Miraculous Infant Jesus of Prague and the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus for granting my request. I will always be dedicated to You Dear Jesus and have faith that You will always be by my side. Your faithful servant (state your name).

Notes: This Novena is also referred to as the Storm Novena or the Flying Novena and is prayed for 9 consecutive hours, on the hour. Your prayers are "Storming" or "Flying" to Heaven seeking help with your urgent need. This prayer is great for emergencies and is especially powerful when you need to pray for others. Research conducted regarding this Novena indicated that it has been in existence since at least World War II; and was widely circulated among the wives of GI’s during that War.

purplemommy17

• GirlTalker
  • The Lord is my rock.
Re: Novenas Thread 2
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 08:11:23 am »
Thank you for sharing sis. Badly need this.

God bless you.

icee_star

• Blessed
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 11:44:04 pm »
sis, nakakahiya man tanong, pano ba magpray ng Novena? Meron kasi akong prayer request na medyo importante kaya gusto ko sana I-try.

Saka meron bang Novena/prayer para sa nawawalang tao? tia!
Believing in God's perfect plans..

purple_tips

• Junior GirlTalker
  • full time beauty junkie
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 10:11:37 am »
^Hi sis icee_star,

it depends on the novena booklet/ prayers used.

Generally, nine consecutive days ang novena, no specific time/hour required basta everyday mo ma-pray. For example, Novena to St. Pio prayer booklet ko, may Day 1 to Day 9 prayers sa booklet. After the completion on the 9th day, I start with the 1st day prayer again. It is up to you kung gusto mo ibang saint naman or kahit sabay sabayin mo pa yang madaming novena. :)

But yun Mother of Perpetual Help novena ko, which is done every Wednesday, wala siyang time limit, continuous lang yun, finishing the booklet cover to cover every wednesday. It doesn't matter kung after nine weeks ayaw mo na ituloy, but since this has become my devotion, I try to go to mass every wednesday and pray the booklet. this way, I am not counting the days, but focusing on my prayers.

Efficacious Novena prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, walang time limit. In fact, you may recite it every day. The wordings are similar to the Nine Hour Novena posted above (just without the consecutive nine hours). Merong devotees to Our Sacred Heart of Jesus who go to mass every Friday and recite the prayer on that day lang, just like how it is done with the Novena to Our Mother of Perpetual Help. Again, there is no rule na dapat nine consecutive weeks yun. if you have a particular devotion, hindi mo naman kelangan mag stop just because naka-9 ka na. you may go on and on and on.

Don't be afraid na baka mali magawa mo or what, sis. the Novena is based on tradition (in my opinion lang po ha,  this was probably done so that people during the earlier days would remember to pray, kaya may bilang kung ilang times na). Jesus does not look at the number of days we prayed or the number of prayers recited. Wala din pong nakakatakot na effect pag tinigil or di nasunod yun "prescribed" rules. Just focus on your intentions and God will see it, ibibigay Niya ang para sa atin. It is really personal to you and Jesus. :)

As regards your other question, St. Anthony of Padua is the patron saint of missing persons/things.

sweet_chloe

• GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 05:58:07 pm »
Mga sis ask ko lang. I want to start na mag novena ulit since I think nawawalan na ko ng panahon mag dasal dahil mas inuuna ko trabaho at anak ko so ending pagod na and nakakalimot na ako sa relationship ko thus halos sunod sunod kamalasan ko (except having a baby). Gusto ko sana mag novena kay St. Expedite, Padre Pio, St. Jude, St. Claire (one of the saints na I'm really really thankful of dahil isa sya sa dinasalan ko to have a cute baby and just after 3 months nabuntis na ako sa lalaking inaasam kong magka baby ako), Black Nazarene (same wish with St. Claire) then Perpetual Help. Alin ba mas maganda? 9 hours o yung 9 days? Indefinite kasi schedule ko so dun ako nahihirapan. And okay lang ba maraming saints ang inonovena ko? Pag 9 hours ba once lang na ganun or daily na 9 hours dapat mag novena? Sorry mga sis nabasa ko lang kasi kanina na may 9 hours novena pala kaso confused ako kung daily ba yun na 9 hours or once a week lang sya. TIA

alice_alice

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 12:10:51 am »
Mga sis pahingi naman ng novena niyo kay St. Rita.

:)

purple_tips

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 10:41:03 pm »
^here you go sis 😊

Prayer to Saint Rita
Patroness of Impossible Cases

O glorious St. Rita, your pleadings before the divine crucifix have been known to grant favors that many would call the impossible. Lovely St. Rita, so humble, so pure, so devoted in your love for thy crucified Jesus, speak on my behalf for my petition which seems so impossible from my humbled position. ( Here mention your request ). Be propitious, O glorious St. Rita, to my petition, showing thy power with God on behalf of thy supplicant. Be lavish to me, as thou has been in so many wonderful cases for the greater glory of God. I promise, dear St. Rita, if my petition is granted, to glorify thee, by making known thy favor, to bless and sing thy praises forever. Relying then upon thy merits and power before the Sacred Heart of Jesus I pray.  Amen.

Novena Prayer to St. Rita of Cascia

O Holy Patroness of those in need, St. Rita, whose pleadings before thy Divine Lord are almost irresistible, who for thy lavishness in granting favors hast been called the advocate of the hopeless and even of the impossible; St. Rita so humble, so pure, so mortified, so patient and of such compassionate love for thy Crucified Jesus that thou couldst obtain from him whatsoever thou askest, on account of which all confidently have recourse to thee, expecting, if not always relief, at least comfort; be propitious to our petition, showing thy power with God on behalf of the suppliant; be lavish to us as thou hast been in so many wonderful cases, or the greater glory of God, for the spreading of thine own devotion, and for the consolation of those who trust in thee.

We promise, if our petition is granted, to glorify, thee by making known thy favor, to bless and sing thy praises forever. Relying upon thy merits and power before the Sacred Heart of Jesus,

We pray: (mention your request) By thy perfect union with the Divine Will,

By the heroic sufferings during thy married life, 

By the consolation thou didst experience at the conversion of thy husband,
By the sacrifice of thy children rather than see them grievously offend God,

By thy miraculous entrance into the convent,

By thy severe penances and thrice daily bloody scourgings,

By the suffering caused by the wound thou didst receive from the thorn of thy crucified Savior,

By the divine love which consumed thy heart,

By that remarkable devotion to the Blessed Sacrament, on which alone thou didst exist for four years,

By the happiness with which thou didst part from thy trials to join thy Divine Spouse,

By the perfect example thou gavest to people of every state of life.

Pray for us, O holy St. Rita, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

(Say the novena each day for nine days.  After your prayer is answered, please share your story with others.)

sweet_chloe

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 05:20:05 am »
Must say 9x in a row
Must make the sign of the cross before saying the prayer each time.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored to your help and sought your intercession, was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgins of Virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the world Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy hear and answer me. (Mention petition at the end of prayer each time you say it).

Publication MUST be made immediately and prayer(s) will be answered. The Blessed Virgin Mary is beautiful, powerful and pure!

I prayed to St Rita, St Jude, St Expedite, St. Therese, Virgin of Manaoag and St. Cajetan. Before nung nagpray ako kay St. Rita, St Expedite and St Therese though di lahat ng petitions ko nasagot I am still hoping na these time lahat masagot na. Will also pray Infant Jesus of Prague and St Anne

HMisabelle

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Mrs. T
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 04:01:00 pm »
I completed a 9-day novena to St. Gerard, St. Anne, St. Clare, St. Gianna, St. Philomena, St. Rita, and to the Immaculate Conception.
Mark 11:24- "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

Psalms 37:4- "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."

kaiz

• Super GirlTalker
  • My Son, My Happiness, My Life
    • WACKER e-Store
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 09:01:06 am »
pwede bang madami requests sa isang novena?
..true strength is being able to hold it all together when everyone else is expecting you to fall apart..

..i am your mona lisa..

threehundredquotes.blogspot.com

purple_tips

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 10:49:43 am »
^yes sis, no hard and fast rules when it comes to praying.😀

kaiz

• Super GirlTalker
  • My Son, My Happiness, My Life
    • WACKER e-Store
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2016, 02:52:22 pm »
^thanks sis
..true strength is being able to hold it all together when everyone else is expecting you to fall apart..

..i am your mona lisa..

threehundredquotes.blogspot.com

alice_alice

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2016, 09:46:01 pm »
Sharing this prayer mga sis I am praying this and with St. Anthony's help my prayers were answered.

Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony

Blessed be God in His Angels and in His Saints

St. Anthony, gentlest of Saints, your love for God and charity for his creatures, made you worthy, when on earth, to possess miraculous powers. Miracles waited on your word, which you were ready to speak for those in trouble or anxiety. Encouraged by this thought, I ask you to obtain for me the favors that I seek (mention your request here).

The answer to my prayer may require a miracle, even so, you are the Saint of Miracles.
O gentle and loving St. Anthony, whose heart was full of sympathy, whisper my petition into the ears of the Infant Jesus, who loved to be held in your arms; and the gratitude of my heart will ever be yours.  Amen.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close