Author Topic: DIY Wedding Part 12  (Read 60048 times)

missmac

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #180 on: October 14, 2015, 08:07:00 pm »
I want to make a Flower Wall background...

My plan is just to buy flower heads with various shapes, sizes within the same range of color (pomelo) then just sticking it to a wood frame?

Sana lang ma execute ko ng maayos.. Paper Flowers takes a lot of time, energy and effort kasi so fake flowers na lang haha  ;D

peachlipstick

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #181 on: October 14, 2015, 08:49:24 pm »
I want to make a Flower Wall background...

My plan is just to buy flower heads with various shapes, sizes within the same range of color (pomelo) then just sticking it to a wood frame?

Sana lang ma execute ko ng maayos.. Paper Flowers takes a lot of time, energy and effort kasi so fake flowers na lang haha  ;D

I think this'll work, you can also try painting the faux flowers with the color gradient of your choice? You'll achieve the usual flower wall look with half the effort since you'll only be painting them?

tiffany24

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #182 on: October 15, 2015, 02:13:07 pm »
so there is such a thing as chalkboard paint, thanks for the info sis chinadoll6  :)

twinxz

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #183 on: October 16, 2015, 08:15:26 pm »
yey found my "nautical" cloth na! ribbon naman! ladies, if may mareco kayo, please do. i'll be in divi tomorrow :D sana wala pa masyadong tao.

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #184 on: October 16, 2015, 09:36:21 pm »
^hi mga sis. Question, may mabibilan ba na mura na gold paint spray sa Pinas? And do you know where and how much? I'm trying to work out what DIY I can do sa Pinas. Kasi with all the corruption na nangyayari ngayon sa Pinas, nakakatakot magpadala ng balikbayan box with all of my DIY's..  :(

tiffany24

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #185 on: October 17, 2015, 08:18:49 am »
Hi sis Missus O. I bought a spray paint yesterday for 95 pesos from a local hardware store at may nakita kong gold and silver but im not sure about the quality.

Anyway, do you girls have any tips on how to use spray paint? I used it for our paper mache letter and sadly ang panget ng kinalabasan haha. I'll try spraying it with a second coat later kasi hindi even yung color.

Sis Twinxz, enjoy and ingat on your divi trip! If it's about DIY and you don't mind roaming in a market..tabora is the place to be! ;)

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #186 on: October 17, 2015, 09:04:45 am »
for spraypaint brands, look for design master or krylon. you can also add sparkle by using glitter spray.

when spraypainting, spray about 6 inches away from the item your painting. don't spend too long in one area of the object, just about 2-3 seconds. build the color - just like putting on make up. it will only take about 2-3 light coats to make an even color.

here are some of the jars i painted: http://imgur.com/sh2jxr5

here are some of them in action when i did a table mock-up - http://imgur.com/jFQUF5y

i transported my DIYs in different ways:
1. brought them over myself during our first trip home this year - it all fit in 2 medium-sized boxes (50inx50inx50in if i remember the dimensions correctly) and weighed 30 kilos all in all
2. sent the second set in a medium sized lbc box around the end of september

there's currently a third set but it won't be as much as the first two sets.

happy preps, diy brides!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 09:15:34 am by 120515 »

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #187 on: October 17, 2015, 09:28:45 am »
^ thanks 120515 :)  Question, are all of those via spray paint?  HIndi ka namuroblema sa balikbayan box?  Kasi I was hoping to send a balikbayan box with my painted wine bottles and baby's breath and some twigs, and of course our DIYed souvenirs.  Tote bags with our monogram design. 

Question, before kasi I bought rose gold and champagne gold MS acrylic paint.  I thought they were spray paint, but it turned out hindi pala.  How do I make them a bit livelier because the colour is nice but a bit dull?  Thanks :)  I still don't have any finished products hehe, kaya I have nothing to show.  Hope I finish everything before the year ends. hehe.

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #188 on: October 17, 2015, 09:51:36 am »
^ hi missus o, we'll still see about the balikbayan box because it will only arrive at the end of october or early november. i made very specific descriptions of each item on the packing list just so it's clear what's inside. hopefully, no one will think these are stuff they want to have for themselves at customs...haha!

my bottles and jars are designed with a mix of spray paint and glitter.

you can glitter up the bottom half of your bottles if they're all already painted, like this: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/283445370271659993/

or just glitter some of the bottles whole like what i did with my wine bottles: http://imgur.com/UuCL9MQ

or make them sparkle with some sparkle/glitter spray then you don't have to cover the entire bottle with glitter.

you'll be able to finish it. just pace yourself and set a timeline, which was what i did  ;D

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #189 on: October 17, 2015, 03:36:34 pm »
^Thanks 120515 for the tip :).  Keep us posted.  I like those champagne bottles with glitter. hehe. I've only done 1 bottle so far. But didn't paint them over. I've wrapped one bottle in twine. Madali lang pala. But my problem is I can't find a glue that would stick to the bottle to keep the last twine in place. Any suggestions mga sis :) 

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #190 on: October 17, 2015, 05:16:17 pm »
^ try using hot glue, it works for everything  ;D

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #191 on: October 17, 2015, 06:19:41 pm »
^Thanks again 120515 :)   You're such a big help in he DIY community hehe

tiffany24

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #192 on: October 17, 2015, 11:31:12 pm »
Thanks sis 120515 for the tips! those are very nice jars! I feel excited for your wedding  ;D

ilovejdy

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #193 on: October 18, 2015, 08:10:24 am »
any ideas for a good DIY desserts?
wanna add this for my brother's wedding

usually kasi sa mga catering napaka konti ng desserts..

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #194 on: October 18, 2015, 08:19:37 am »
^^ happy to help, guys ;D

^ hmm...i guess you may want to make something a day or 2 before the wedding so you're not chasing after time on the day itself...how about cake pops, mini cupcakes, or tartlets? how about a chocolate and candy buffet? you can just buy packed chocolates and candies and put them in pretty containers. or even a donut buffet with edible gold glitter sprinkles (i saw this on wedding chicks)?

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #195 on: October 18, 2015, 10:51:08 am »
Hi sis Missus O. I bought a spray paint yesterday for 95 pesos from a local hardware store at may nakita kong gold and silver but im not sure about the quality.

Thanks sis, when I go home next year, I'll try, if and kung kailangan ko pa mag spray.  What I want to do kasi is try to finish lahat ng pwedi kong i finish na DIY and send it home sa January.  Para hopefully eh March nasa Pinas na yung mga DIY ko.  Hopefully that would suffice. And yung mga iba eh bit bit ko na lang sa luggage, tutal we are entitled to 2 luggages if pauwi ng Pinas.

 Hay...  When I was doing my computation, iniisip ko bakit overbudget pa din. hehe.. But then when I checked, overbudget kami sa accomodations kasi sagot namin relatives namin, and it's like 3 or 4 families. hehe.  The things we do for our loved ones. hehe.  Wala lang. Nag rarant lang hehe.  Good luck sa mga preps sis. :D

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #196 on: October 18, 2015, 09:21:53 pm »
^ sis, i just realized you changed your name! hahaha!

very true about what you said on the things we do for love ;D we also shouldered my husband's brothers air tickets going to ph so i totally understand where you're coming from.

aja! we can do this! 48 days to go for me!

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #197 on: October 19, 2015, 01:09:28 am »
^yup sis.  I was advised to for personal and security reasons, before kasi I was just here sa Engagements, and then I've been branching off to other sections as well hehe...  :D

We started out as a budget wedding, and now our budget has ballooned up. hehe... But when I checked my Excel sheet, we only splurged on catering, accomodations and rings.  But I guess the other small things also got added like transpo, food budget, crew meals, etc etc.  At least I'm happy that our DIY's are within budget and actually less than the perceived budget... so far!! hehe.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 01:13:31 am by Missus O »

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #198 on: October 19, 2015, 08:11:52 am »
^ it's quite reasonable to splurge on those, especially the catering. same here for the diy, it's not super cheap but it's way less than the price i would have to pay if i have it styled based on the quote i got ;)

missmac

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #199 on: October 19, 2015, 02:50:40 pm »
I think this'll work, you can also try painting the faux flowers with the color gradient of your choice? You'll achieve the usual flower wall look with half the effort since you'll only be painting them?

My point ka din dyan Sis  :) thanks sa idea

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close