Author Topic: DIY Wedding Part 12  (Read 59663 times)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2015, 01:49:24 am »
Hey bonzaigirl, do you have a photo of your venue with the chandeliers? It depends on their placement din kasi, you wouldn't want the ceiling to be masyado stylized na mabigat and sikip ang feeling when guests go inside.


Wow dami ng mga entries :D  and it was only a few days that I was absent in GT hehe. 

Sis anneshirley, hi, had to go and look for a proper pic of the Elizabeth Hall of Balay Indang.  It's not a proper wedding venue kasi.  It's more of a Bed and Breakfast with loads of function areas that can cater to garden weddings. :D  Like Hacienda Isabelle but less expensive in all aspects :D  Since my wedding is in June, I opted to use their function hall, although they have a big garden as well wherein I can use it, but since it's June, I'd rather not jeopardize my wedding. And I don't want to go and rent tents, when there is already an indoor venue just a few seconds away from it. Hay...  anyways, this is a pic of Balay Indang's Elizabeth Hall. https://instagram.com/p/teiW9NrpK2/?tagged=balayindang. 
I have no problem with the white wall, as that will be covered by the backdrop, but I feel that the ceilings are just too plain.  I saw a wedding kasi that was done there, and with the purple and yellow lights, it looked so odd.  That's why I am having this panic attack as to how I will decorate the ceiling.   :-[  :-\ :-\ :o

This is a pic of a party that was held there:  https://instagram.com/p/3lfJINNrzu/?tagged=balayindang

@120515, Thanks for the input sis.  As of the moment, I am still contemplating whether I  want to leave it as it is or not. I am still waiting for the AE of my KbyC if she has any ideas.

Also, originally kasi I just wanted to put extra (like loads of ) string lights and have lots of candles around and only a spotlight for the bride and groom and emcee.  Everything is dark except for the yellow lights and the spotlights, parang romantic barnyard, bohemian feel, but I was told na mahirap daw as there are lots of chandeliers nga.    :( :(  hay...  Anyways, I am still waiting, baka naman mahirap lang ang peg ko pero still feasible :D
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 02:06:53 am by bonzaigirl »

mrs.abc

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2015, 11:36:54 am »
Congrats sis chinadoll6  ;D

Sis bonzaigirl, mukang feasible naman at bagay yong gold ribbons and string lights. I think it would be more easier pa nga because the chandeliers can serve as support na and you can play around if you want na random ang pagkakabit mo.

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2015, 01:13:11 pm »
hi anneshirley, i think you should use your chandeliers to full effect...in that photo of the party, i think the garland was too colorful so it didn't really complement the ceiling.

aside from just the thick ribbons (those that are 4 inches in width or wider) criss-crossing connecting the chandeliers - think of making diamond shapes - and then make hanging rose chandeliers in a couple of central points like this - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/68046644343208938/ - maybe using gold ribbons :)

anneshirley

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2015, 08:05:45 pm »
Bonzaigirl - I don't think the ceiling's low naman :) I agree with 120515 though, the streamers look more suited to a fiesta handaan than a wedding reception.

Do the chandeliers use fluorescent light though? Based on the photo, the overall room looks a bit dim, especially if it'll be a dinner reception. If possible, I'd recommend you string fairy lights too so the venue would look brighter. Getting the strings with standard yellow bulbs would also give off a softer glow to counter the stark white light from the chandelier - which is sakto din to the gold in your motif :)

Think something like this: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/319685273524495029/. If you can do this with 120515's ribbon suggestion, then I think the effect would look amazing  :)

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2015, 12:57:44 pm »
^ you can never go wrong with string lights  ;D

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2015, 01:08:37 am »
I'm not really a DIY kind of bride (mainly because i dont have the luxury of time, but I used to like crafts!) so I decided i would only DIY some minor things for our wedding. Things that are not really going to compromise the wedding if i dont do them well. Haha! I did these today, napagod na ako!

- 3d letters of our hashtag (painted on all sides, covered with diff. designs of printed florals in front)
- Chalkboard signages of our names (in calligraphy) and arrows (to guide guests entering the venue since it's a big property)

Also planning to decorate the following in the coming weeks:
- Candles and matches (lace/ ribbons plus appliques or rhinestones)
- Bible (will wrap in pastel color then decorate with lace)
- Chalkboard easels (bought these cheap, just need to write on them but have to find the right white pen/ marker!)
- Souvenir jars' neckers (we'll be putting our favorite recipes using the item in a little folded card)
- White and grey picture frame signages (for cocktail food table, shawl table, guestbook table)
- Missalettes (Almost done c/o the fiance!)
- Offertory baskets (how big should they be and where do people buy the baskets?)

Happy DIYing everyone!


maukris

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2015, 10:00:12 am »
Hi mga sis, need your help po sana if where i can get a book format for missalette.
Tia

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2015, 10:42:54 am »
^I just prepared a normal document using MS Word. Then I just adjusted the margins (also adjusted the "gutter" portion). Then I just followed some tutorials to help me print our misalettes.

These links may help:

For MS Word 2010: http://www.groovypost.com/howto/microsoft/create-booklets-using-microsoft-office-word-2010/

For MS Word 2013: http://www.groovypost.com/howto/microsoft/create-booklets-using-microsoft-office-word-2010/

smld

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2015, 01:49:08 am »
- Offertory baskets (how big should they be and where do people buy the baskets?)


Sis, I was able to buy a basket sa SM Super Market, P75. You can buy your fruits na din dun and they will arrange it for you. But I still think na cheaper in Divi or Quiapo (sa ilalim ng tulay!). The size would depend on how much fruits/grocery items.


bzbee

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2015, 01:36:07 pm »
hi girls! does anyone here know where to buy embossers? think it will be great for a lot of DIYs with our logo. i found one sa The Best Impressions for 3500, looking for a cheaper alternative sana.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2015, 06:57:21 pm »
You know Mega Fashion Hall may mga craft stores dun (the ones selling calligraphy pens also)? Meron dun mga 400/letter yata.

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2015, 12:14:41 pm »
sis chinadoll, i just love your wedding! i can see all the love and care that you put in every single detail  ;D

mrs.abc

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2015, 02:02:25 pm »
love it sis chinadoll  :) congratulations on making your dream wedding a reality.

annerea

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2015, 02:21:25 pm »
congrats sis chinadoll!  :) i love the photos. looks like a really happy day  :)

catherinecaparino

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2015, 02:45:31 pm »
Congrats sis :) And good luck in your married life :)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2015, 04:13:39 pm »
@chinadoll congrats sis. What a quaint and quirky wedding you must have had. It looks like you've had fun.  Everything looks so lovely :)

smld

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2015, 04:41:42 pm »
Sis chinadoll! I super love your wedding =) Ang unique and laid-back ng feel =) Congrats, sis!

-

Girls, I need your advise. Here is my DIY bouquet pero I didn't get the "approval" from H2B. Maliit lang yung output, I don't know what I can add -> http://imgur.com/a/vGA1W | http://imgur.com/w3x6dFS | http://imgur.com/SRr69wV
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 04:45:09 pm by smld »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2015, 04:55:04 pm »
Wow, that's pretty creative ha! I like it, but maybe you can add 1 more type of flower para mas lush? Grabe i have no talent to do DIYs of that extent. Akin mga candles lang, signage, ganun. Hahaha! Galing nyo :)

mrs.abc

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2015, 06:09:45 pm »
looking good sis smld, siguro what you can do is add some tulle fabric sa ilalalim parang magiging outline nya and additional volume na din. Then if it's still too small for you, maybe you can add tiny pieces of lace flowers scattered para mas lumaki sya tingnan.

Something like this: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/333266441153287184/

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2015, 12:26:43 am »
^ i agree with mrs. abc, sis smld, adding a collar will definitely add volume - you can use tulle or lace or even ribbon depending on your vision. but i have to tell that it is a very pretty bouquet  ;)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close