Author Topic: DIY Wedding Part 12  (Read 59682 times)

tiffany24

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2015, 04:04:14 am »
Subscribing..

I did back read and got inspired with your awesome DIYs. We originally ditched the idea of DIY cause my Hubby to be thinks it might stress me big time pero dahil mahal pala ang stylist we will DIY na talaga

So i'm hoping to get help from you girls
I just have to organize ny ideas on what i really want.

Happy preps everyone! 😊

xsugar

  • Guest

xhinifilch

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2015, 08:41:33 pm »
Hi sis ziziChic :) nakabili ako sa 168 mall, sorry I don't remember the stall name or number e, basta they sell party needs and decors.. I bought 1pack (100pcs) for 68.00. They have rounded and rectangular pieces :)

akane_xylene

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2015, 04:53:27 pm »
Thanks sis bonazaigirl. hahaha kainis.

hello po. i'm not sure if this is the correct topic.. but I guess it's a form of DIY.. can you recommend a site for Filipinas ano-ano yung dapat unahin... ano-ano ba dapat ang i-file, i-secure na documents kung magpapakasal, etc..? kasi yung nakikita ko sa pinterest et al ay usually pang US. Pero the small details kasi lalo na syempre iba yung sa atin lalo na pagdating sa mga documentation ba... TIA girls!

dolphine

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2015, 11:36:50 am »
Hi,

Do you know where I can buy the heart shaped on this one? :) Or

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/240309330093801701/


Was thinking of doing the one above or this one:

https://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/6986806/il_570xN.345396486.jpg

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2015, 11:21:09 am »
hello, fellow diy brides, i just got back from our ph trip. it was hectic from start to finish! my husband and i had to bring back all the diys we completed. we filled up 2 50cmx50cmx50cm boxes and there were still some that we had to put into our checked-in baggage - the total weight for all our baggage was 60 kg (though this included the pasalubong and our clothes). so to all diy brides based abroad, it is really possible to diy abroad and bring them home ;D

we also met with our wedding coordinator and she is awesome! she'll put up all the decorations for us, we just need to hand them over to her and send her mock-up photos. so i spent one morning just doing mock-ups - http://imgur.com/a/KWKQ6#0

when we go back in december, we'll be building 3 frames for the dessert buffet backdrop, cocktail area backdrop, and ribbon curtain plus the photobooth backdrop  :o  hope we finish all of them!

i'm so happy at all the activity on this thread.

congratulations, sis bonzaigirl, for finishing your save-the-dates! i hope you'll share your design with us  ;)

sis misschievous, love your calligraphy frames! they're so pretty!  :)


bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2015, 04:22:59 pm »
^welcome back sis 120515. Ilang kembot na lang and it's your turn to walk down the aisle :)  Hope you had a great holiday. And sure sis I'll post pics of my DIY's. We're just waiting for the materials to arrive. But my Save the date layout has been done. 😄😄  I've done the maps for my invites, and had started doing the layout for the actual invite.  Eto yung nakakatuwa na part, the part na I've done something na I haven't done before hehe.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2015, 04:33:52 pm »
Omg those labor of love sis 120515! Ang galing and super tyaga mo!! :)

mrs.abc

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2015, 05:14:02 pm »
Hi sis 120515, congrats ang gaganda ng diys mo.  :D
I'm SG based din kasi, tanong ko lang kung pano nyo nadala sa Pinas lahat yan? Max lang ng baggage allowance sa airline o separate courier pa?

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2015, 06:17:43 pm »
I just saw the pics, hahaha, sis tama sila ang gaganda. Naku nakaka excite na talaga!! 😄😄

mrsA

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2015, 07:01:29 pm »
pretty DIYs, sis 120515!  :)

i loooove DIYs.. so nung wedding namin nag enjoy ako mag-gagawa hihi

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2015, 09:01:23 pm »
thank you, belle_v2g, bonzaigirl, and mrsA :)

sis bonzaigirl, less than 100 days to our wedding! whew! it's just coming closer and closer ;D

sis mrsabc, we brought back the first batch of diys with us when we went home and just used up our baggage allowance from pal - 60kg. i think that sending it out through courier is also a great idea, just make sure to send it at least 3 months before the wedding to ensure it arrives to the philippines in time :)

stylus

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2015, 08:53:54 am »
congrats sis 120515!! very interesting ang mga diys mo.

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2015, 11:22:10 am »
thanks, stylus! i still have a couple more to go - more jars and more tissue paper pompoms to make  :)

adik_gumala

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2015, 10:22:01 am »
Sis 120515! W.O.W. You are such a pro!!! I like your jenga block idea!!! Can I use it for my wedding? Please???

Anybody here thinking of growing their own flowers??  ;D I want lots sa flowers for THE day but I don't want to break the bank...So I'm thinking of growing my own... Am starting with simple ones like bougainvillea, orchids, plumeria, yellow bells, hibiscus... It will be our giveaway as well.  ;) I'm still thinking of what else to grow... Who has the same idea as mine? Maybe you guys can share what you're growing..?

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2015, 09:58:01 pm »
hi adik_gumala, thank you and YES, you can definitely use jenga blocks as your guestbook as well  ;D

for the flowers, i guess it depends on how much flowers you want to use. miniature roses are easy to maintain - best to buy them already grown from the nursery. they quickly bloom and would look awesome on your tables. another idea i want to put out is how about herbs? rosemary bushes look great. mint would also provide beautiful greenery plus a very refreshing scent.  then there's basil and oregano. all these are very easy to grow from seed  ;)

anneshirley

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2015, 04:31:08 pm »
Ohmygoodness 120515 that is such a good idea!!!! I'm looking for fragrant flowers to use as centrepieces at reception, i.e. freesias, sweet peas, etc. But herbs would be very lovely, especially with white flowers for a more simple and fresh look.

Honestly I would go for that if I could (my initial peg talaga was an all-white reception venue) but hubby-to-be-'s father is very traditional and wants to avoid white wherever possible in the wedding :(

Not to live vicariously or anything but for the ladies who can and would like to do this, don't hesitate! If possible pa nga, they can even use the fresh herbs on the dishes served during reception :)

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2015, 04:51:27 pm »
hi anneshirley, thanks  ;D i think all-green centerpieces would be great for someone who wants an evergreen rustic wedding with lots of wood and terracotta in their decors  ;)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2015, 04:58:18 pm »
@120515 I think I've mentioned this to you as well in a previous post or thread na I'm also using wooden blocks as a guestbook. Although mine is not jenga, I saw some smaller wooden blocks in Ebay that are a bit cheaper. And they are not heavy as well kaya I bought them and had sent them sa Pinas na. hehe.

Tama si @anneshirley, your ideas of herbs would be really good as centrepieces. :) Although I'm thinking of having white daisies, asters, and white and peach roses. I'm also thinking of spraying some baby's breath (yung cheap kind) gold and rose gold paint as well, also some vines or greenery na ispraypaint. My caterer already does styling but since I'm having some rectangular tables, and I don't want to pay for additional centrepieces, then I have to add some DIY. hehe. Our wedding colours kasi are shades of green and gold (emerald, mint, sage, rose gold and champagne gold) . Is it too ambitious? What I love about our wedding venue kasi is they agreed to let us use their existing tables and chairs, their chairs are all mismatched and the tables are all wood. So it goes with my bohemian chic wedding. I was also thinking of draping some paper pompoms and wooden or wooden look na frames sa trees. Hay... the jous and hardships of DIYing your wedding hehe

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 12
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2015, 05:09:02 pm »
oh oh oh, love the green and gold, sis bonzaigirl! definitely go for it! yup, the mismatched furniture would definitely be bohemian-chic  ;D

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close