Author Topic: Prep Dress  (Read 10519 times)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Prep Dress
« on: August 02, 2015, 11:20:38 am »
Does anyone know a good source for prep dresses? :)

Actually not sure what would be best--- long sleek dress, short dress, robe?? Anything that opens in front or at the back ok na ba? And ano mas madali, something loose like a maxi dress or yung parang sheath na dress?

Personally I only like bathrobes when it's the lace kind pero super mahal ng La Tercera (3700!) and even Amelia in Lace which is the slightly cheaper version, so i'm still looking for alternatives. :) Parang I'm not willing to shell out 3k for something I will only use once. Plus baka need pa bigyan yung bridesmaids..

TIA!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 01:11:35 pm by sparklingjewel »

120515

  • Guest
Re: Prep Dress
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 01:21:25 pm »
i think it's best to wear something that you can take off easily and that doesn't have to go over your head when you take it off so that it doesn't mess up your hair or make-up  ;D

i saw a post once where the bride and her bridesmaids all wore monogrammed chambray shirts, it looked so cool.

for me, i'm going to wear a sparkly sequin romper i got from forever 21 that i can just slip off my shoulders when i get in my dress  :)

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Prep Dress
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 03:50:04 pm »
This really depends on the bride's preference but the requirement is that it's easy to remove and will not affect hair and make up.

I was supposed to wear this short dress that has the same color as my motif. It's loose with ribbon to secure so I can remove from shoulders it can easily fall to the floor.
But things never go according to plan hehe my mom gave me a robe set so I used that instead :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Prep Dress
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 06:48:10 pm »
^Haha yeah if mine gives me a robe set i guess mapipilitan din ako to use it... though i dont really like robes padin :)) And for me extra arte lang yung pati ento mo nakarobes kasi for pictures lang naman yun! Mahal din ha unnecessary expense.

I guess I'll look for a really simple white dress. Nothing too boudoir but also not pangbeach or pambahay hehe.

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Prep Dress
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 10:06:21 pm »
sis im planning to buy la tercera robe as my prep dress but im also considering this sideboob dress from @lovecmanila on ig. its cheaper than LT robes and looks pretty decent to me. ive also seen a couple of brides used this as prep dress. they have other designs as well. might want to check it out. :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Prep Dress
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 10:18:55 pm »
^Ahh yes I've seen the sideboob dress used several times in preps pics too. Hehe go! Sobrang ganda yung two-tone!!  :D Too sexy lang for me, I wouldn't feel comfortable with my relatives and the suppliers all in my room hehe pero kung carry mo go!

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Prep Dress
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 10:30:36 pm »
hehe i haven't really decided din if carry ko nga siya, im still leaning towards LT. ang hirap lang mamili sa catalogue nila kasi limited yung pics nung iba and there's no way to see the robes in person. surprise na lang when its delivered na.

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Prep Dress
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 10:43:09 pm »
I got a La Tercera robe for my preps. Got the one that Patty wore. Okay naman siya. Simple and classic lang. :) Sometimes I still wear it in the bedroom just because hahaha tsaka sayang naman. Haha!

I just had to adjust it a few times because hindi ata maayos pagka-ribbon ko and I'm not comfortable showing some skin lang because my P/V teams were mostly composed of men hehe.

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Prep Dress
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 10:49:55 pm »
sis first choice ko rin yung Patty robe!! pero parang gusto ko rin yung mga long sleeves nila like yung Heart. were you able to choose the kind of lace they'll use for the robe? iba iba kasi yung pinopost nila, some hindi ko talaga type.

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Prep Dress
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 11:11:20 pm »
They didn't inform me about the other lace that they had. I was too stressed from hopping from one mall to another just to look for my preps outfit. So when I ordered from LT, I just said that I wanted the Patty robe and didn't bother to ask na rin. Hehe.

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Prep Dress
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 11:18:32 pm »
oh i see. at least you liked it pa rin :) ewan ko ba, sa kaka-browse ko ng posts nila mas lalo akong umaarte sa robe ko. lol

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Prep Dress
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 11:23:16 pm »
LT really looks nice and classy, for me among the 3 brands i saw online yun lang yung mukhang sosyal talaga. Pero classy din ang price! hehe! Amelia is a bit cheaper but also looks cheaper kasi.
Nice yung Patty robe :)

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Prep Dress
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2015, 12:01:48 am »
The lace robes are beautiful; I know I'd be more likely to wear a soft jersey robe again, though, so I might just get a pretty one off the rack. I actually own a dress similar to the sideboob dresses that are so popular (although mine is a bit more modest) so that's also an option.

Maxim04

  • Guest
Re: Prep Dress
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2015, 12:17:14 am »
i think it's best to wear something that you can take off easily and that doesn't have to go over your head when you take it off so that it doesn't mess up your hair or make-up  ;D
for me, i'm going to wear a sparkly sequin romper i got from forever 21 that i can just slip off my shoulders when i get in my dress  :)

Sis parang nakakita ako nito sa victoria secret ata yun or la senza? Hindi naman siya manipis na tela?  ;D

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Prep Dress
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2015, 12:26:39 am »
I actually own a dress similar to the sideboob dresses that are so popular (although mine is a bit more modest) so that's also an option.

Hehe i find it funny everyone just calls it the sideboob dress.. it's actually entirely backless too, LOL!
And yeah kalat sya ngayon, i saw four different ig shops na with those. I dont think i want to show sideboobs in my wedding preps though. :p Can you PM me a pic of your more tasteful version sevenstars? I am thinking of a donning a minimalist maxi if i find one.

120515

  • Guest
Re: Prep Dress
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2015, 01:10:19 am »
hi maxim04, this is the one i have - http://www.forever21.com/product/product_oos.aspx?br=f21&category=jumpsuit_romper&productid=2000117890&variantid=

the cloth is neither thin nor see-through :) there are two layers, the sequin cloth and then the lining underneath. it's really comfy, too!

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Prep Dress
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2015, 03:46:56 am »
Dreamy lang, para sa akin yung mga bridal robes nila. It's very romantic. For those who have availed of La Tercera robes, do they have an actual store wherein you can see some of their works? I was thinking of getting the Heart robe, pero I'm just concerned na baka maluwag sa akin yung sleeve.Since parang 1970's yung sleeve nya.  When they emailed me, they only sent their catalogue and how to order. Follow up question, how  sheer is it? Or not at all?

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Prep Dress
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2015, 07:11:53 am »
I love Heart's bridal robe too. And agree ako senyo girls, medyo pricey nga La Tercera and Amelia in Lace which is once nga lang naman isusuot. Thank God nakahanap ako sa department store. Mura pa hihi. If wala akong robe na nahanap, I am thinking of wearing a super light blush/white dress as prep dress.

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Prep Dress
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2015, 09:38:29 am »
^Bonzaigirl, I don't think they have a shop. I just ordered mine online. Not sure about the Heart's, but mine (Patty's) was free size naman. :)

mrsBuens

  • Guest
Re: Prep Dress
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2015, 10:59:09 am »

^sis, also got a robe from La Tercera...PATTY robe din..like sis caleeice...
sulit naman siya for me..sayang lang di ko nadala overseas..para magamit din from time to time.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close