Author Topic: How do you handle other 'stakeholders' during wedding planning?  (Read 1574 times)

anneshirley

  • Guest
Hey girls! Just out of curiosity, how much are the following people involved (or how much do they want to be involved haha) in your wedding planning?

1) Own mother
2) Own father
3) Future mother-in-law
4) Future father-in-law
5) Other people you can think of

For starters:

1) My mother: Obviously involved, but since I'm the second in the family to get married not so very mabusisi anymore. My being based overseas also limits our conversations to weekly Skype sessions, but that's it. I have my trusty Excel workbook naman and I'd go over the status with her but I won't share my file with her; baka magkagulo pa hahaha

2) My father: In fairness sa dad ko, he wants to be involved haha I didn't think he'd come along when I went for fittings but he did and had so many comments pa! Super nashock lang ako kasi never in my life did he tag along in any of my shopping trips with Mom and nandun sya. He's always beside mom during our wedding Skype catchups and would interject about things as small as wedding invites. Kulit lang haha

3) My future mother-in-law: Thankfully she's not very mabusisi, but lately she's starting to ask my fiance more and more about the wedding. I'm wondering now if I should start speaking to her na about it directly, but still figuring out how to best start..

4) My future father-in-law: Not sure if meron sa inyo na involved pati si daddy-in-law but sa kin keber lang hahaha

5) Can't think of anyone else at the moment hahaha

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: How do you handle other 'stakeholders' during wedding planning?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 08:28:00 pm »
Sis anneshirley, all of them, my parents and my in-laws, di naguusisa unless we ask for assistance with minor items (e.g., distribution of invites, food tasting). Binigyan ko ng sila ng go signal to decide what they wanna wear but that's it.. ako namili ng color pero design nila :) it's good din talaga when you spend for your own wedding kase sila mismo nagaalangan mag intervene sa plans.. less complications, lesser comments and unsolicited advices is equal to smoother wedding planning. I don't make kwento about preps to them.. I don't post our plans or prep activities on social media otherwise they'd start digging the details.so in short, no issues at all with the parents :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close