watch now

Author Topic: Biologique Recherche skincare products  (Read 14571 times)

roxyhart

  • Guest
Biologique Recherche skincare products
« on: July 24, 2015, 04:53:19 pm »
Anybody familiar, or better yet using this product line? :)

It's French, not mainstream and not readily available, even in Europe daw. You can only get them in high ends spas and you have to have consultation before you can even buy their products. Hmm, mystical, eh? And, as expected, ridiculously expensive for karaniwang tao. Hehe. It's recently made available in the Philippines, exclusively at Chi Spa in Shangri-la.

I'm really really interested with the hybrid toner, dubbed as "jesus in a bottle," "liquid gold," and "cult favorite" - the lotion P50. There's already an elusive bottle reserved for me, coz when I inquired, wala daw nung smallest size (150 mL), but offered to reserve for me when the shipment arrives. Gues show much? Around P4500! I believe you get what you pay for naman, and I've really seen the difference in results of cheap products vs the more steep-priced ones.

So there, the more I read reviews, the more I am convinced. Parang miracle in a bottle lang ang sinasabi sa reviews eh. LOL. And even from supposedly respected and unbiased bloggers ha. :) If anybody can share her experience on this, that would be perfect! :)

But for the mean time, I probably will get this lemming na. Low EQ eh no? Haha!

5tarfruit

  • Guest
Re: Biologique Recherche skincare products
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 01:41:50 am »
I want to try this pero I'm currently using tretinoin. ): Di raw recommended na pagsabayin.

150ml 'yung smallest size na available dito? Meron nung 50ml, sana dalhin din nila para sa mga gustong mag-try muna, haha. I doubt they offer samples. Pero wow ang mark-up. The 150ml is around $61 in the US, roughly 2,800php. Well, marketing na rin + other taxes kaya ganyan ang presyo dito. :D

roxyhart

  • Guest
Re: Biologique Recherche skincare products
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 09:24:29 am »
^ Whoa, that's a hefty price difference! I should have asked hubby or Tita or someone else to get one for me there. :| But alas, I cannot wait that long. LOL. So I bought the Lotion P50 na nga last night. *happy dance*

P4496 for the SMALL bottle, 150 mL. Ouch huhu. Pikit mata na lang. This is my most expensive skincare product purchase na yata? So I really really hope and pray it lives up to its reputation. :)

Will report back if it's really like "facial in a bottle" and really, if "now, all the other skincare products I purchased before this were just a ton of money thrown away over useles stuff" (I read in makeupalley yata). Hahay! Ang mahal magpaganda. LOL.

5tarfruit

  • Guest
Re: Biologique Recherche skincare products
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 11:33:47 am »
^sis, will wait for your review! :D Some people don't use cotton pads when applying the product daw. Lagay na lang ng ilang drops sa kamay tapos apply na. x) Nasasayang lang yung P50 pag may cotton pads pa eh it's expensive as shizz, haha.


P.S. To those purchasing the P50, there's a wait time of at least 20 minutes before applying any other product after, as with any active (AHA/BHA/tretinoin) Not sure kung sinasabi ito sa Chi Spa. So bale, it's like this:
Cleanse → P50 → wait 20+ minutes for the product to do its job → serum, essence, moisturizer, etc.

roxyhart

  • Guest
Re: Biologique Recherche skincare products
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 04:50:01 pm »
Ohh thanks for reminding about the 20-minute wait rule :) Makes sense nga naman. ;) Nope, the attendant at chi Spa didn't tell me about that. I put my serum right away, tsk tsk.

What she did emphasize was for me NOT to rub the cotton pad. Pat pat lang daw sa face. Eh sa mahal niya parang gigil na gigil akong i-rub all over hanggang matuyo yung cotton. LOL. Saka she advised me pala to use it with a damp cotton round/pad muna for the first week. Nanghihinayang ako pero sige, para hindi mabigla ang skin. :) I would say though na may instant glow yung face ko kagabi. So I'm really keeping my fingers crossed on this one!

5tarfruit

  • Guest
Re: Biologique Recherche skincare products
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 11:20:10 pm »
^ sis, nakagamit ka na ba ng other acids sa face mo before? Like glycolic acid, salicylic acid, or other actives like tretinoin? If not, watch out for purging; you'll break out in areas where you usually get pimples, if any. If nagkaroon ka ng pimples/cystic acne in unusual areas, you may be having a negative reaction to the product, yikes. :o

For the first week, try mo munang basain yung cotton pad tapos apply a few drops of the P50 kung gusto mong maging extra careful. Yun yung nabasa kong ginagawa ng iba. x) Good luck, sis! Natetempt tuloy akong mag-order din. ;D

pr280

  • Guest
Re: Biologique Recherche skincare products
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 01:28:13 pm »
Got the 250ml bottle last week haha they were all out of the 150ml one. It comes out the same per ml anyway. So yeah I closed my eyes and paid P7500 because I didn't have the EQ to wait for the replenishment stock. Yes their markup is almost 2x the price if you buy it from the US or EU.

I was told to use iced cotton pads the first week to ease my skin into it. I've been using AHAs and BHAs previously so I kinda knew what to expect. But then I didn't really feel any tingling the first night but I noticed a difference already next day. I have combi skin with an oily tzone with open pores particularly on the nose and the cheeks close to the nose. My cheeks have been getting clogged with tiny bumps recently.  Woke up next day to tighter pores and some of the bumps have flattened out. Within a week of using, they are all gone or easier to extract.

Since my cheek area is drier than my T-zone I make sure I hydrate and be diligent with my regimen 20 mins after the acid toning step. I could feel a bit of tightness after using this. Oh and get used to the distinct vinegar scent haha

I want to try the rest of their products particularly the Lait Cleanser and Masque Vivant for breakouts.

Nighttime Regimen:
1) Cleanse (1st Cleanse -Shu Uemura Makeup remover/ 2nd Cleanse - Paula's Choice Cleanser)
2) Acid Tone (Biologique Recherche)
- After 20 min
3)Hydrating Toner (Hada Labo Lotion)
- After 10 min
4)Spot Treatment (Paula's Choice BHA 9)
- After 5-10 min
5)Essence (Estee Lauder Micro Essence)
- Allow to sink in
6)Serum (Estee Lauder ANR)
-Allow to sink in
7)Moisturizer (Clinique Moisture Surge)

roxyhart

  • Guest
Re: Biologique Recherche skincare products
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 02:29:55 pm »
Hi sis, 5tarfruit, yup, I've used some skincare with acids for just a short period of time long long ago, nung nagpapa-derma pa ako. Mga ten years ago? Then hindi na naulit hehe.

I'm past the one-week mark and I'm so happy to report that so far, no purging state! Sana wala na talagang purging state. If anything, my face has been glowy. One huge pimple which I had few days before I used the Lotion P50 immediately dried, without leaving dark spots pa ha. Yay! I super super love it na! I started last night with the dry cotton pad. Medyo matapang lang amoy vs using it with a damp cotton pad, but tolerable naman.

I cannot wait to see the long term results of this! :-*

^Sis pr280, wow, very good skincare routine you got there! :) I double cleanse now too - first with argan oil, then with Kiehl's deep earth exfoliating wash. Tapos lotion P50 na, then Estee Lauder ANR serum. Sometimes I put moisturizer on top of the serum. I ordered night cream na, also with acids (Alpha-H liquid gold rejuvenating cream, yay!) and I'm so excited to use it alongside my Lotion P50!

Pero HG ko na talaga itong lotion na ito. :) Parang super inspired ako bigla to have a skincare regimen that truly works for me -- and it all started from finding a lotion/toner that really works! That sounds like an ad, but really, looking back, sa dinami dami ng natry kong toners, ito pa lang yung nakitaan ko ng effect hehe.

By the way, thank you for the tip re the 20-minute wait before putting on another product after the Lotion P50. Conscientiously following it now. ;)

fabuleuxmoi

  • Guest
Re: Biologique Recherche skincare products
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 10:56:25 am »
Wow, I'm surprised may thread na about BR. Been looking for local reviews earlier this year, pero wala.

Anyway, I have the P50. I probably read every article or review about this product before buying it. So I was pretty excited to try it, but when I did, I was underwhelmed. I admit that when I first tried it, gumanda balat ko. Kuminis. The overall quality improved. Pero aside from that, wala na. May pimples, closed comedones and hyperpigmentation pa rin ako. Yes, it did improve my skin texture and even gave me a glow (from exfoliation), but I can get the same effects from another good exfoliator/acid for much less.

If you read the main P50 reviews, usually mga skincare enthusiasts ang nagrerave about P50, meaning they do something else for their skin other than the P50 (expensive facials, special diet, other cult products, etc). A lot of those who swear by P50 also use other BR products like Lait VIP O2, Creme Dermopurifiante, etc. My point is, I doubt that one will get the supposed 'facial in a bottle' effects of P50 by itself.

I think what it ultimately does is prime the skin for other treatment by exfoliation. For example, you have serum in your routine. With P50, your skin becomes more receptive to the serum nutrients/contents. Mas maganda ang effects ng serum with this lotion than without it.

Does it have good effects? Yes. Is it worth the price? I don't think so. I can get the same exfoliation/glow from another product for much less.

--
Forgot to add - P50 makes me oily.

I have also used Creme Dermopurifiante. It improves my skin overnight (together with the P50) but it gives me a pimple or two each time I wake up.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 11:41:36 am by fabuleuxmoi »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Biologique Recherche skincare products
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 03:41:02 pm »
I wanna try the Lotion P50! Where can I purchase it in Manila?

kikaycorner

  • Guest
Re: Biologique Recherche skincare products
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 08:22:37 pm »
^Sa Chi Spa sa Edsa Shang. Call or email them first to check if they have stock because they always run out of this. :)

vanity fair

  • Guest
Re: Biologique Recherche skincare products
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2015, 10:58:19 pm »
I've been using BR P50 1970 (with Phenol) for a year now.  It's worth the price!  But it's better to buy in the US, lang mahal sa Chi Spa.  The 150ml is 4,500 pesos.  I buy it online, 250 ml is $94 in the US.  I also use tretinoin so what i do is just apply BR P50 once a day, in the AM.  Sa gabi, i use Pixi Glow Tonic.  I tried using BR P50 twice a day pero namumula ako.  Sobrang tinitipid ko ang gamit nito.   I use the square cotton pads na manipis.  I buy them in Landmark.  Kung ordinary cotton ang gagamitin ko ang dating sayang.  So far the 250 ml has lasted me a year.  Ever since i used BR P50 di na ako nagka cystic pimples.  I tried using Masque Vivant per di ko kaya ang amoy, sorbing baho.  Para di sayang & para magamit ko sya, naglalagay ako ng white flower sa long ko para di ko maamoy yung mask.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:06:24 pm by vanity fair »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Biologique Recherche skincare products
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 11:09:32 pm »
^Thank you so much for this info!! Ill call Chi Spa.

What website do you use to purchase your P50?

I checked the ingredients and I noticed they are mostly exfoliants/AHAs and niacinamide. How does the effect compare to using just plain glycolic acid?

But since this has a lot of exfoliants plus niacinamide (which I always try to incorporate in my routine), this will be perfect for my AM use. Then my tretinoin at night.

roxyhart

  • Guest
Re: Biologique Recherche skincare products
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 11:13:15 pm »
Yup, exclusively distributed siya by Chi Spa in Edsa Shang :)

fabuleuxmoi, I guess that's really the point of having a sensible skincare regimen - to maximize the lotion/toner's "magic," you have to use it alongside products that really work (thorough cleanser, serum and moisturizer for your skin type). Kaya nga cleanse-tone-moisturize (and a few more steps, if you prefer) ang recommened skincare diba :)

I've been religiously doing the whole regimen, but none, as in nothing ever worked as good as the Lotion P50. Now, my moisturizer, my serum, my night cream -- I can feel that I'm really getting the most of them now that I'm using it alongside a lotion that does its works as claimed. :) I can really see the effect, and my husband has been noticing the rather dramatic improvement of my skin, too!

As for the other products of the BR line, hhmm, I don't think I'll try the others anytime soon since I'm happy pa naman with my whole arsenal of serum, moisturizer, creams, facial oils, etc. ;) And yung lotion P50 naman ata talaga "flagship" product nila? :D Hehe.

Hi sis vanity fair, thank you, your post got reminded on using cotton pads. I've been using cotton balls and mukhang maraming sayang na product nga. Any other reason kaya why everyone recomemnds a cotton pad? Hehe.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:15:26 pm by roxyhart »

icedtallcoffee

  • Guest
Re: Biologique Recherche skincare products
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2015, 03:40:47 am »
fabuleuxmoi, thanks for the feedback. I am a hair away from calling Chi Spa to reserve a bottle. I'm a tretinoin user and haven't had much experience with glycolic acid.

The last I tried mga 5 to 6 years ago was a toner from neostrata, after two applications sobrang daming mala-whiteheads na patong patong yung lumabas, they didn't erupt into pimples kaya inisip ko, baka allergy. From then on, I avoided glycolic acid like a plague.

Siguro I'll try Avene's Cleanance Gel Cream muna.

Hopefully, matahimik ako with P50.

inc0gnito

  • Guest
Re: Biologique Recherche skincare products
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2015, 04:18:41 am »
Guy here using P50 1970 since last year  ;) As a disclaimer, I have only used the P50 1970 variants, the one containing phenol from this line. Short background, I first heard about P50 on intothegloss, and was very interested as this is being touted by some users as a "miracle product". Now for my "thoughts" below:

+ Biologique has this "Skin Instant" concept, where they believe your "skin condition" and NOT "skin type" can change throughout the day hecne they formulated different formulas for the P50 Lotion
+ The P50 has two "formulas": the one designated with "1970" containing Phenol; and the regular "P50" without
+ You can  buy the "1970" and "regular" versions in the US; AFAIK the phenol is banned in the EU
+ You can do your research about phenol's safety, but personally, I love the "cool burn" sensation the phenol gives and IMO, this is the magic ingredient
+ each "variation" has three strengths ranging from the strongest to mildest: P50  for normal to oily skin, P50V for sensitive skin, and lastly P50W for dry and mature skin types
+ I use two versions, and since I'm a guy who has to shave, I use the "P50V 1970" as my default alternating with the "P50 1970" for where my skin needs a stronger formula
+ P50 is really good for treating skin texture issues (pimples, blackheads, whiteheads) with the added benefit of mild skin lightening due to the high Niacinamide content; I think this is what gives the "glow" as some users have commented
+ as stated above, P50 is good at fading PIH but does not have any effect on acne scars

From my research, the one being sold in the PH is the "P50T" version, one without the phenol of the "1970" formula and is missing a lot of actives from the regular "P50", and as a result, I think is an inferior product if compared to the latter two. I was shocked to know that the retail price for the 150ml bottle is 4000+, in the US it retails for $94 for the 250ml bottle. You do the math. Let me know if you have any more questions, I will be glad to repsond :)


pr280

  • Guest
Re: Biologique Recherche skincare products
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2015, 09:54:54 am »
Been doing my research on where I could buy from the US so it is cheaper but I have to wait till a friend travels so I can get my back ups haha.

If any of you have sources online that ship direct to Manila at a good price do share :)

fabuleuxmoi

  • Guest
Re: Biologique Recherche skincare products
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2015, 12:13:28 pm »
Hi icedtallcoffee! :)

P50 isn't just glycolic acid, though. It's way stronger than that. I used Neostrata Lotion with 10% Glycolic Acid before, with success. I would say it's very gentle on the skin and safe as long as you don't use it with another acid. Ano yung toner na ginamit mo?

For those who plan on using P50: It's pretty strong so you may want to avoid tretinoin or other exfoliating products while using the lotion. Overexfoliation will make your skin older or wrinkly over time.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:17:37 pm by fabuleuxmoi »

vanity fair

  • Guest
Re: Biologique Recherche skincare products
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2015, 12:45:42 pm »
I buy mine in Rescue Spa & use MyShoppingBox to have it shipped here in Manila.  Usually around 800 pesos ang bayed ko for shipping.  You can read skinandtonics.com.  Her review of BR is very thorough & she lists the websites that sell BR.

roxyhart

  • Guest
Re: Biologique Recherche skincare products
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2015, 01:31:35 pm »
^ I read that too! :) Pwede naman magpost ng link diba? Here's a very thorough post re the ingredients of lotion P50, plus a comparison of the 1970 formulation and the reformulated one:
http://skinandtonics.com/biologique-recherche-lotion-p50-original-1970-new-formula/

Caroline Hirons had written a lot about this, too.

icedtallcoffee, it does not seem to contain glycolic acid. Maybe I'm wrong, but the active ingredients are lactic acid (the gentlest of the acids daw), salicylic acid, niacynamide, some other AHAs. :)

Next time I'll explore sourcing the P50 from U.S./ Europe na rin lang, or maybe pabili na lang. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close