Author Topic: Adults Who Color  (Read 35756 times)

clueless

• Super GirlTalker
    • babytopia.ph
Re: Adults Who Color
« Reply #300 on: May 09, 2016, 12:41:48 pm »
^ pan pastels are soft pastels in pan form instead of the usual stick/block form. Mungyo is a cheap alternative to pan pastels but the cheapest i have tries is from daiso, got them on sale pa so P44 only. But i havent tried using black yet, usually blues and yellows for background.

If colored pencil, colleen 775 has an opaque black. But personally, i prefer markers.

minabey

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #301 on: May 09, 2016, 04:04:17 pm »
Never thought Daiso to have coloring materials. Good tip, thank you. I have to ask though if these pan pastels behave the same way as chalk pastels that you have to spray something on it to keep it from smearing?

Share ko lang den some tests I made.

I have a Unipin fine line which I used to blacken out small areas and it didn't bleed through, though I was careful not to press too hard. I also bought Staetler triplus fineliner in black which I just tested yesterday and it did well. Glad you have the option to buy this per piece (P39.25 at NBS) instead of a whole set.

I also bought a tube of black acrylic paint, never having used one before. I mixed it with some water and painted a portion of the back page of my  book. It left a layer of matte texture that I was able to use color pencils on. This should be interesting. 

clueless

• Super GirlTalker
    • babytopia.ph
« Reply #302 on: May 09, 2016, 07:29:01 pm »
^ yes on pan pastels behaving the same as chalk/soft pastels. Some use fixatives to protect it but i haven't tried.

Water-based markers usually do not bleed. Depends on the paper pa din of course but most of the coloring books can take them well. A lot use stabilo 68 markers. They can be blended with water also to behave like watercolors. Another is stabilo power markers.

If you have the budget, might be worthwhile to try zig clean color real brush pens. These are also water-based and can be blended with water. I just havent tried them on basford's books but they are super nice.

Alcohol-based markers like sharpies are the ones that bleed.

nocturnalnerd

• GirlTalker
« Reply #303 on: May 14, 2016, 09:19:24 am »
Anyone here knows a legit seller of copic marker? Or a physical store that sells one? Want to gift my sister one.  ;D

clueless

• Super GirlTalker
    • babytopia.ph
« Reply #304 on: May 14, 2016, 05:08:26 pm »
^ they used to be available at national bookstore glorietta. Not sure if they still have stocks.

I got my copic ciaos from amazon but i recently got some loose copics from an online reseller.

I also saw some copic ciao sets posted on shopee.

ayanlanz

• iN uR hEaRt yOu cAn finD
  • Super GirlTalker
  • GT : mY 1sT eVeR fOrUm; 1 d3cADE @ cOuNt1nG!
    • discovering me....
« Reply #305 on: May 18, 2016, 06:28:45 am »
^^try Coloorit PH in FB fanpage po. they buy coloring materials from SG po. :)
EvEry tEardRop is sO prEciouS sO bEtteR makE surE thaT if yOu drOp somE, it iS woRth crYing fOr, bEcausE yOu caN nevEr picK thEm & puT thEm bAck to yOur eYes...                 LoVe WiSeLy! ;) :-* 

babykat

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #306 on: May 18, 2016, 08:04:29 am »
has anyone used oil pastels?  Ok lang ba sila gamitin and with dust residue din ba?  Do they smear din?

minabey

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #307 on: July 11, 2016, 03:21:45 pm »
Recent finds I want to share with you guys.

To anyone interested in trying out Faber Castell Polychromos before deciding to get the whole set, you can now buy them individually from Lasting Impressions (https://www.facebook.com/lastingimpressionph/). I was browsing Faber Castell Philippines page and they linked this page, that's how I discovered them. They sell for 100 apiece + shipping.

These pencils are as good as they say. Even the slightest of pressures will apply color to the paper and it does keep its point a long time. Yun nga lang, parang nanghihinayang ako tasahan.  ;D

Another seller in Facebook, colorsandcrafts15 (https://www.facebook.com/colorsandcrafts15/photos/a.1508483289452484.1073741845.1499934333640713/1564540377180108/?type=3&theater) sells individual Prismacolors and Caran d'Ache (white) pencils as well. Haven't ordered from them yet as I've been reading a lot of negative comments about Prismas. My main concern is madali daw sya maubos kasi malambot nga.

What I'm loving now that I've discovered is Koh-I-noor Polycolor. I got a few pencils from Deovir for only 30 each. I also got a colorless blender (48php). Makes blending so so much easier. I regret getting only 1pc. Wala pa lang ako nadidiscover na seller ng largest set nito (72pcs) locally since this is made in Czech Republic.

Another known brand, Derwent, can be purchased individuallly (online only) at http://www.theoilpaintstore.com/category.php?id_category=10297.

sheraday

• Probationary
« Reply #308 on: August 01, 2016, 04:17:33 pm »
Hi everyone, anong mare-recommend nyong best adult coloring book to buy for beginners? Wanna try to start this hobby soon. I need to find something good to "waste" my time on, kasi notice that the more free time I have, the more I tend to get more projects and end of being overworked and stressed out -- I work online at home. That's why I signed up here when I saw this thread, I hope you girls could share what you know.

Meron din akong friend na kabibili lang ng Sharpie, yung 80s Glam set. Oh my, super nakakainggit seeing those 24 colors. Brings back childhood memories kapag napapakialaman ang Sharpies sa bahay (at napapagalitan pag nahuli). Do you think it will be good to use on coloring books din? Or maybe magbi-bleed sila.

Yun na lang po muna. Super thanks in advance sa mga mag-share ng kanilang mga ideas.

minabey

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #309 on: August 01, 2016, 04:28:16 pm »
Hi! If you want to use your Sharpies, you're better off trying out some one-sided books. I believe Sharpies are known for bleeding through the page. I personally love Johanna Basford's books (Secret Garden and Enchanted Forest but not Lost Ocean) for the lovely illustrations but these have back to back pages. Creative Minds have lots of different designs - floral, mandalas, geometric. They're one sided. And recently, I was able to buy Zendoodle Coloring by Julia Snegireva at 50% off from Fully Booked. It's one sided and has perforations so you have the option to tear out the page and do what you want with it.

Hope this helps.

sheraday

• Probationary
« Reply #310 on: August 01, 2016, 04:41:56 pm »
^Thanks for the quick reply, minabey! I'll check those coloring books out, especially the ones in Fully Booked! Hopefully, on sale pa just like yours. :) Any advice on what coloring materials to use for someone like me starting out? Maybe not so good idea nga ang Sharpie markers. Di pa rin naman ako nakakabili.

Thanks again ha! Super appreciate it. :D

babykat

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #311 on: August 01, 2016, 07:42:00 pm »
Has anyone tried Tombow Irojiten Pencils from Japan?

clueless

• Super GirlTalker
    • babytopia.ph
« Reply #312 on: August 01, 2016, 10:10:24 pm »
sheraday, i love sharpies. But yes, they do bleed so i only use them on one-sided pages.

For coloring books, i suggest you start with a relatively cheap / reasonably priced book like yung mga creative haven series and see muna if you like it. These are available at NBS. Personally, i like the books by Thaneeya McArdle but I also started sa creative haven.

For coloring materials, see also what medium will work for you. I prefer markers but i sometimes use the pencils over markers technique. Mas gusto ko yan kesa purely pencils kasi sumasakit ang kamay ko.

ayanlanz

• Super GirlTalker
    • discovering me....
« Reply #313 on: August 02, 2016, 06:10:38 am »
labas na pala ang Imagimophia ni Kerby. hmm... :o

I miss coloring..  :'(
EvEry tEardRop is sO prEciouS sO bEtteR makE surE thaT if yOu drOp somE, it iS woRth crYing fOr, bEcausE yOu caN nevEr picK thEm & puT thEm bAck to yOur eYes...                 LoVe WiSeLy! ;) :-* 

babykat

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #314 on: August 02, 2016, 08:21:12 am »
Ako naman, I love pencils.  I also use markers pero I always fear that they will bleed sa mga double side printed books ko.  Also, I love how versatile pencils can be.

Yung nga lang, because there's more friction, ang bagal ko magkulay.  Takes me days, if not weeks, to finish a page.

happytalker

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #315 on: September 09, 2016, 02:02:46 am »
I also love pencils, easier to control the pressure needed to make colors lighter or darker.  Pagnagkamali, pwede burahin. Problem is nakakapagod, masakit sa kamay.  With markers naman mahirap pantayin ang kulay or hindi lang ako marunong gumamit. Recently bought stabilo carbothello, still experimenting on how to use it. Saw some videos parang easier to blend than pencils.

ayanlanz

• Super GirlTalker
    • discovering me....
« Reply #316 on: September 09, 2016, 07:08:10 am »
for sure maraming sale na coloring books and coloring materials sa book fair next week!  8)

happytalker

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #317 on: September 09, 2016, 05:59:06 pm »
So many pages to color so little time

springblossom

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #318 on: January 25, 2018, 03:22:58 pm »
wow its nice that there's a thread here for coloring people. :D

^i feel the same way. i have been collecting coloring books and colored pencils since 2015. when i was new to coloring, i always made it sure to buy one coloring book every payday pero nag stop na ako hahaha kasi dumadami na sila, hinde ko naman nakukulayan pa lahat.

in case may gusto ng idea kung ano bibilhin na mga gamit, based on my experience, the best colored pencils are:

1. derwent coloursoft - very vibrant yung colors and they blend very well, even without using a blender. and i noticed na habang tumatagal, yung mga page na ito ang gamit ko sa pagcolor, mas tumitingkad yung kulay. tapos hinde sya madaling nababali.  its pricey but if you really love to color, this is very worth the price. you can buy the 12 or 24 set para tipid and just blend and mix them together.

2. prismacolor premier/soft core - i think this brand has the most vibrant colors and this would have been my number 1, if they are not too soft. masyado kasi akong madiin pag gumagamit ng pens so lagi syang nababali for me. unlike sa coloursoft na matibay yung lead talaga. they also blend very well but still i prefer my coloursoft. but if you have the budget, this set is a must for your coloring hobby.

3. crayola colored pencils - they are not as vibrant as the first two but i love the feel when im using these pencils. so if you dont have the budget for the more expensive sets, i would recommend crayola. magaling din mag-blend and parang napapansin ko, matagal napupudpud yung lead so tipid syang gamitin. unlike sa prisma soft core na parang mauubos na sya agad hahaha. among the cheaper sets of pencils, ito yung hinde nagmamantsa yung colors sa ibang page. unlike faber castell noris na lumilipat ang kulay sa ibang page lalo na pag hinde mo nalagayan ng paper kaya naging messy tuloy yung first few pages ko.

fabercastell polychromos - this set has very good reviews and used by many colorists so i was really excited to get one. but when i got mine, i still find myself using the first 3 above. not sure if dahil sa sobrang mahal nya at tagal kong pinag-ipunan kaya nanghihinayang akong gamitin hahahaha. this is very, very highly-recommend on the internet kaya binanggit ko nalang sya dito just to give you guys an idea. ok din yung vibrancy ng colors nya at ang pag blend.

as for coloring books, my number 1 would be klara markova's books. you may order it on etsy because she ships worldwide from czech republic. i think she publishes it herself. the paper quality is so good and very convenient to use. ako hinde ako ganun kagaling mag-color pero with her books, parang gusto ko yung gawa ko. may something sa mga artworks nya that made it easy for me to decide on the shading and blending techniques na iaapply ko. mahal sya i think this is the most expensive book i got but very worth it. kahit ito nlang bilhin nyo at kulayan nyo lahat ng pages. maganda pa yung book cover dahil hard bound. very expensive sya but you're really getting what you have paid for.

choosing a coloring book really depends on your preference. kung ano yung gusto mong kulayan talaga so for me, all coloring books are the same but its best to buy the real ones because i noticed, madami ding imitations sa pilipinas. yung mga authentic kasi magaganda talaga yung paper quality so hinde masasayang.

baka madiscourage din yung iba dahil sa costs but kinaya ko nga makabili ng mga gamit, im sure kaya nyo din hehe. sacrifice nyo lang na wag munang bumili ng bag or damit or shoes. mas mura naman to kaysa mga yun. but i really find coloring a very relaxing hobby, lalo na for me na gusto ng art pero walang artist's talent hahahaha. promise, hinde ako artistic but thanks to youtube vids on adult coloring, i learn some basic techniques at nakakatuwa makita yung mga natapos mo na parang pang-artist ang dating hahaha. feeling artist tuloy ako. :D
"I believe in the sun, even when it is not shining.
 I believe in love, even when i do not feel it.
 I believe in God, even when He is silent."

(These lines were found scrawled on a cellar wall in Cologne which was destroyed by bombing in WWII.)

domestic diva

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #319 on: February 08, 2018, 08:26:01 am »
Super therapeutic talaga ang coloring . I'm glad my daughter is into it too . 
Hail to St. Joseph of the Holy Cloak!

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close