Author Topic: Best Wedding You Have Attended, Seen, or Heard  (Read 7242 times)

niru_iiv

• GirlTalker
Re: Best Wedding You Have Attended, Seen, or Heard
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2015, 12:59:03 am »
Best wedding for me and yung talagang tumatak sa memory ko was the one we attended in australia naman.  It's not a big wedding pero what struck me the most were the guests (and pati nadin yung emcee) ! everyone was soo game and they were really out to celebrate the couple. Nakakatuwa lang :) By the end of the couple's dance, everybody was on the dance floor dancing. Tapos magkakaron lang ng breaks for the traditional cake cutting, speeches and stuff. But everytime, the emcee will tell the guests  to get on the dance floor (even midway palang sa reception) the guests would literally jumped up and dance, even the lolas and the oldies are strutting their stuff on the dancefloor :D When it came to the tossing of the bouquet, all the single girls literally lined up, some even took off their shoes.  Pag throw ng bouquet, nag agawan pa talaga with matching rolling on the dance floor! lol :D That's my dream wedding actually, simple but with everybody having a good time. Even in family gatherings, yun ang naaalala, how fun that wedding was :)

awwww it's so nice when everyone is having a good time and wont rely on the program

Missus O

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2015, 04:18:27 am »
Yes sis niru_iiv they were pretty lucky.  Their otd was pretty good. They  chose Joed See Events. When I inquired, they said that they do not join bridal fairs anymore. And they're at the low end for mid range coordinators.  I often see theur names in BnB. When it was our time for choosing otd, we opted for Imbitado via endless research and great referrals as well esp. As the host is also already included in the fee. Since we're trying to keep wverything within a budget :)  :) 11 months from now, i do hope that our wedding will be chosen for this thread, instead of the opposite thread hehe. 😐😄😄
what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

shegie_285

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2015, 07:08:46 am »
Best wedding I have attended was a wedding destination din. The couple are from Dublin (and kami and most guests) and the wedding was in Spain, somewhere north of Madrid in an old monastery. Very nice ng place. I posted din this wedding sa simplest wedding i have attended dahil simple lang talaga ang wedding. It was more of a civil ceremony, i think it was a judge and may mga readings lang. The ceremony was very short.  There was no program, very short ng mga speeches.  What made it best was because it was so fun, good food, overflowing drinks, good company.  My husband and I didnt really know anyone in the wedding but everyone was so nice. The last bus was I think 4am and that was the bus my husband and I took. They had to shuttle the guests din dahil the monastery was quite far from the town centre. Most guests stayed in the same hotel dahil it was a small town. I remember they started the shuttle going back to the hotel siguro mga midnight or 1am and sabi namin ni husband we'd take an early shuttle, we didn't expect that we'd enjoy it too much at sa huling bus kami. :)

bonzaigirl Nung wedding ko din, may free fireworks, and our guests really thought it was ours.  :) Sa Boracay ang wedding and I think there was another wedding in Discovery Shores, Seawind ako so it was close. The fireworks sa dagat galing.  Perfect timing din, our program just ended and people were dancing na, then suddenly may fireworks. I was so happy dahil I really wanted to have fireworks but my husband was quite strict with the budget. So thank God! :)

rightback

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2015, 10:15:40 am »
wow free fireworks! and perfect timing pa. you were very lucky sis.

best wedding i attended would have to be my cousin's here in manila. her husband was a foreigner and they incorporated both traditions in the wedding. i think i also enjoyed it since we were immediately served booze from cocktails until the end of the wedding and i also loved the food and ended the night with rockeoke.

i noticed though that smaller weddings are being more enjoyed also. maybe because if there is a program everyone can relate to it. unlike bigger weddings where not all the guests know about the couple.

hallerski

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2015, 10:42:44 am »
i noticed though that smaller weddings are being more enjoyed also. maybe because if there is a program everyone can relate to it. unlike bigger weddings where not all the guests know about the couple.

i noticed this too! :)

z0z

• GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2015, 04:40:28 pm »
Best (and worst labo!) wedding I've attended was a wedding in India. Around 18 of us from all over the world flew to India to attend the wedding.

Best kasi it's very interesting to be part or a wedding of another culture, and daming celebrations! There's mehndi night where you'll get the henna tattoo on your hands; this one is funny because it would take at least an hour to dry, so your bf/husband have to feed you (ganun daw talaga). Then there's a bangle ceremony. Then there's the wedding ceremony. In their culture, di open ang alcohol sa reception, so may secret room for the foreigners, and there alcohol is served.

I also wore a Sareeh, it's really nice pero ang complicated isuot! 

Worst part is nagkasakit kaming lahat the next day..

belle_v2g

• not your ordinary
  • Super GirlTalker
  • blessed | favored | loved
    • Our Wedding
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2015, 04:54:05 pm »
indians spend lots of money for weddings too. Madaming ceremony and super daming guests. Literal na buong barangay. :)

sis edna_mode, australians are always game with anything talaga..saka their weddings are simple but really beautiful. they love parties, a lot. pero what i love about them the most is walang patalbugan among them.

I can't remember which wedding is the best among the ones I've attended. Lahat kase for me maganda..extravagant man or even the simplest. Although the simplest I've attended is yung sa kapitbahay namin sa province, it's a non-high end wedding pero they served 14 different mains, all famous filipino dishes. Yes, 14. Binilang ko while I was at the buffet table.
A GIRL cherishes handbags, diamonds and her shoe collection as her prized possessions.
A WOMAN cherishes her health, her sense of self, and her talents as her greatest assets.
- N. Mah

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2015, 09:47:00 pm »
^ that's so true about indian weddings. my indian friend said that it's a minimum of 3 days but there are some really extravagant ones that go on for 5 days. the only thing is that it is the bride's family that shoulders the expenses per tradition!

shegie_285

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2015, 01:36:11 am »
Sis rightback. Swerte nga at lalo na perfect timing! :)

Husband and I attended a wedding in India too. Sakit ng tummy namin ni hubby (then bf) night before the wedding dahil unfortunately napainom kami ng juice sa party night before. Inabot sa amin ng friend namin nahiya kami hindi inumin. Super sakit at kakaiba ang sakit. :( My friend was an one of the few exceptions sa culture nila, he paid (or shared the cost) for the wedding! Then for his sister, he paid din dahil nga babae daw dapat.

I didnt enjoy the last part of the wedding. Pinapaiyak ang bride dahil iiwan na daw family nya. Dapat daw umiyak.

rightback

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2015, 01:08:32 pm »
i find indian weddings interesting since totally different siya to what i'm used to. i met a married indian lady in one of my solo travels and she was able to tell me all the details from her week long wedding. plus all the issues that came with it including marrying a guy who was one caste level below hers. my friend also attended a wedding in india and i was fascinated with her stories .

another factor i see pala for weddings i enjoy the most is where you contributed something for the wedding. we did a post it mosaic for my friend before and it served a their backdrop. 2 weekends worth of hard labor paid off.

lilsaintsm0m

• Junior GirlTalker
  • is a mother and everything else after that..
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2015, 01:38:57 pm »
True about Indian Weddings super extravagant. The men have to find rich ladies to marry because they pay for everything. My Indian friend told me that she doesn't like to have fixed marriage also cause eventually she will again pay for divorce like all of her sisters.
They celebrate wedding here in the PI for almost a week.

corpse_bride

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2015, 02:10:38 am »
Seen: Years ago (like 15ish years ago) we attended a family friends' son's wedding. It was the 1st time I saw ceiling treatments. Drapes & they had balls of roses hanging from the ceiling.

Heard: the homily during my sister's wedding. My sister & her husband knew the (our parish) priest personally. My sister served at church kasi. Nice coz very personal yung message.
i'm back from the dead baby!

harley18

• Literally.
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2015, 09:04:12 am »
My friend's Christian Wedding in Batangas. Victory Christian Fellowship members sila ng groom.

It was a garden wedding and 6 in the morning! Napakasimple and solemn ng wedding. Around 150 lang ang guests. At feel na feel ko yun warmth ng guests kasi lahat ng invited e ka-close nila. Yun pinaka altar nasa tuktok ng burol sabay may sunrise, ang ganda lang...

Simple lang clothes ng entourage, kanya kanyang bili pero the theme is floral dress. Eto lang yun nakita kong entourage na iba iba ang suot pero maganda tignan kasi bagay sa place at ang gaan lang ng dating kasi hindi ganun ka-formal like evening gowns with heavy makeups and jewelries.

Yun message ng pastor is very personal for the bride and groom. The bride not only gave vows to the groom but also had a heartfelt speech for her parents and in-laws.

Yun food nila pang breakfast, fried egg, bacon, hotdogs, danggit, champorado, taho, pandesal, coffee, hot choco, etc..

Ito yun wedding na sobrang solemn. Wala masyadong kaartehan, walang pakulo, just love. :)

« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 09:14:14 am by harley18 »

anneshirley

• GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2015, 02:10:10 pm »
I'll have to agree with z0z, the best wedding I've been to so far was a South Indian wedding which was a series of celebrations over 4 days. They say North Indian weddings are a lot more extravagant, but I loved not just how different it is from our own weddings at home but also the following elements:

1) Rituals. They really stand by these things and take them seriously, like the prayer ceremonies before the mehndi (henna). I guess it's really ingrained in their own culture - the way they worship is very different from how Catholics do it I think.

2) Sangeet. This was the most fun part for me! We flew right before the 4-day thing kicked off and while other girls are having their mehndi done they pulled me in to practice a dance number with them haha Apparently every single group/family who will attend the sangeet ceremony will perform a dance number, no exceptions. I absolutely loved how involved every guest was, halata nagpractice talaga sila for it! None of it felt pilit for the guests and it felt like their performances nga were gifts in themselves to the bride and groom.

3) Food. I love Indian food! Thankfully di ako nagkasakit haha but there's just loads and loads of food and in the final party they filled out an entire expo hall with concessionaires! Parang school fair lang na we go around and pick stuff we want to try haha Indian sweets are especially amazing: they had almond milk and when you get a chance you have to try kulfi! It's their version of ice cream where they make cream and literally pour it over a rolling block of ice - it hardens and becomes ice cream. Mahirap iexplain but it's so good!! Needless to say tumaba ako while I was in India hahaha

4) Family. This is a big thing talaga for the Indian culture, I think even bigger than for Pinoys. While I struggle to know who my aunt's cousin's daughter is in the crowd, they could automatically name this person, even the one on the husband's side! Super galing and when they get married, it's an automatic addition on the family talaga. I loved that sense of community and since weddings are usually such a happy occasion they're really nice to complete strangers hahaha

kisses1417

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2015, 02:11:54 pm »
@harley18: awww sa pagkakadescrivbe mo palang sis natouch na agad ako sa wedding na sinasabi mo. Almost put me to tears.

ece

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2015, 04:09:41 pm »
sis harley18, ganyan ang gusto kong wedding! sobrang nice!!

harley18

• Literally.
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2015, 08:43:37 am »
^ True. Kaya nga parang gusto ko magpakasal ulit, yun gantong version, or katulad kina Brad Pitt at Angelina, nakatipid pa siguro kami. Though happy naman ako sa wedding namin. :)

shygirlme

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2015, 09:04:57 am »
^true if ikakasal ako uli gusto ko solemn lang. 50 guests is fine. dati kasi inisip namin magtatampo. mas gusto ko invite yung mga nagstay hanggang end ng wedding namin at naging happy talaga. happy naman wedding namin at least nakita talaga namin sino nagmamahal samin

MaryBerry

• Probationary
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2021, 05:27:57 am »
Hi girls!
I  keen on web design and want to recommend you some great free wedding templates both for website creation or presentation. Check here: https://masterbundles.com/best-wedding-dating-website-templates/

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close