Author Topic: FLORISTS / FLOWERS PART 5  (Read 78047 times)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
FLORISTS / FLOWERS PART 5
« on: July 04, 2015, 08:49:05 am »
Hi mga sis, bago ma-lock ang previous thread, lipat na tayo :D 

Dito galing yung previous thread for flowers / florists  : http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,275508.600.html

cha_kobi

  • Guest
Re: FLORISTS / FLOWERS PART 5
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 02:49:25 pm »
I would recommend Ms. Blessie, budget wise and customer service wise. She was very nice to speak with sa phone and in person. Even yung down payment was not an issue coz she even told us that we can just pay in full pagka deliver sa hotel pero we just insisted on paying the dp when we closed the deal. We met her once sa dangwa and our next meeting was in a coffee shop na. She also delivered well on our big day. She personally delivered the flowers in the hotel and we were happy with everything. Plus the fact na recommended din sya ni Ms. Sheena, our coordinator.

dcpdane

  • Guest
Re: FLORISTS / FLOWERS PART 5
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 08:36:57 pm »
medyo ot ata pero sisses, what is your opinion on fake flowers as ento bouquets? bet ko kasi si cheri handicrafts. im about to pay my dp sa kanya next week. but some friends are taas-kilay. hindi raw solemn mag dala ng fake sa church... may mga ganyang comments din ba sa inyo?

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: FLORISTS / FLOWERS PART 5
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 10:04:43 pm »
dcpdane, I admit I'm not a fan of the felt floral bouquets (just my personal taste) and I do think they're more suited to casual/informal affairs.

That said, I've seen fake bouquets that I think would work well for a formal wedding; for me, it's the execution that matters, not whether it's real or fake. :) For example, I think this one would be pretty for a vintage-themed wedding: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/295337688034675259/

reese17

  • Guest
Re: FLORISTS / FLOWERS PART 5
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 12:50:01 am »
I also inquired about paper bouquets in the beginning but did not push through because the supplier would be out of the country during my wedding month. I guess it depends on the theme of the wedding and the personality of the bride :) I eventually realized that it didn't go with the look I'm aiming for :)

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: FLORISTS / FLOWERS PART 5
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 05:54:02 am »
Same here sis. I am also not a fan of fake flowers. Para kasing ang artificial ng dating nya sken. Parang di ko lang bet gamitin sa wedding ko. Though nalalanta nga talaga ang fresh flowers, mas gusto ko pa ding totoo yung hawak ko while walking down the aisle. Just my two cents sis ha.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: FLORISTS / FLOWERS PART 5
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 12:17:49 pm »
I'm also not a fan of fake/ non-floral bouquets. Especially bouquets that are adorned with felt petals and buttons.. i get that some want to use crystals and beads instead to add additional sparkle to their photos but colored buttons?? I don't get that trend hehe for me it ruins the formality of the event.

Was also not a fan of the paper flower wall Toni had in her recent wedding. I think she just needed that to block off the view of the crowd as she made her walk and doing a full wall of flowers ala Kim Kardashian was too expensive. E ano pa nga ba pwede mo ilagay if not real flowers.. e di fake. Lol. :))

I myself did not have a big budget for flowers for my wedding but I made sure to book a real florist hehe.




sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: FLORISTS / FLOWERS PART 5
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 01:46:18 pm »
Chili, I totally agree with you -- and when the brooches or silk flowers are really nice, the bouquet is usually as expensive or more expensive na than one made of real flowers! So you might as well go for the real deal :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: FLORISTS / FLOWERS PART 5
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 02:30:12 pm »
I will be the odd man out here. Hehe. While I had genuine flowers for my entourage, I got a brooch bridal bouquet from ETC Handmade Goodness. The only bridal bouquets that tickled my fancy were the ones done by Vatel, but I was not willing to shell out 14 to 20k (based on what I've read here) for my bouquet which will only last for a day or a week at most. Hence, I was bent on getting something pretty that I can keep. As mentioned by sevenstars, a brooch bouquet is not at all cheap. However, it all boils down to one's preferences. :)

We didn't hear any negative feedback for my bouquet. If at all, I heard some guests wondering what I was carrying. When they approached me, they took a closer look at my bouquet and asked me questions about it. They said that it was pretty and that it really sparkled --- it perfectly complemented my gown and headpiece.

I couldn't say the same for cloth/felt/paper bouquets. However, as I've said, it's all a matter of preference. :)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: FLORISTS / FLOWERS PART 5
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 02:42:46 pm »
brooch bouquets are expensive, and equally pretty in my opinion. yours was really nice sis caleeice.

i even asked for a quotation from love in blooms, but i had to add around 8k on top of my package, so i decided to stick with my all-white floral bouquet. (tipid moves) hehe.

i haven't seen an actual bouquet made in cloth, so i couldn't comment on that but the one you posted sevenstars is pleasing in the eye.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: FLORISTS / FLOWERS PART 5
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 03:08:29 pm »
Caleeice, can you share with me a pic of your bouquet? I got intrigued hehe. Mahal pala ni Vatel. Akala ko his minimum is 8-10k for a bouquet? And i already find that expensive! Yup and true a lot of the handmade felt/ paper/ nonfloral bouquets now ginagastusan nadin even more the floral ones kahit ang impression ng mga tao nagtipid sila hehe. Preference lang talaga depending on your personality. :)

dcpdane

  • Guest
Re: FLORISTS / FLOWERS PART 5
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 09:24:13 am »
wow, thanks so much sa mga inputs! :) i agree naman talaga dun sa buttons on bouquets, hehe pang bday party ng bagets yun e. hehe!

pero ayun, at the end of the day, i want to keep my bouquet at home, at sana buo pa sya til pagtanda namin ni hubby. im quite sure masarap syang idisplay sa living room at ireminisce yung bridal walk ko using it hehe! want to show it too sa future kids ko (sana magka-girl ako) at iparampa sa kanila, lol! i know may nagpepreserve ng bouquets ngayon pero i haven't really seen an actual one and kung ano ichura nya in say for example 10 yrs from now? up to what extent yung essence ng preservation nila (hope may sis na makakasagot :) ).

i will just tell cheri to make sure it will look really realistic and avoid comical elements.. tututukan ko ang progress nya. may recent syang gawa na nung pinakakita ko sa friends ko, nagconcede sila. impressed din fiance. hehe! it was shot by gail batoon ata. sana by next year, mas lalong gumaling pa si cheri in terms of realistic-looking bouquets.

p.s. fiance originally wanted vatel and no one else. as in naiinis sya kapag sinasabi kong hindi reasonable yung price for us. paulit ulit sya na "i want the best for you" "kikitain ulit yung pera" etc. but finally nung nakita nya yung ibang bouquets ni cheri, na-solb na sya hehe. basta magiging specific na lang ako sa materials and look para mukhang solemn and fresh pa rin. :-*

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: FLORISTS / FLOWERS PART 5
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 03:28:48 pm »
My coordinator give me an option to check FJ Sionson as new and upcoming florist and stylist. You might want to check him. Waiting for the quotation for ours. But I guess the rate will differ depending on your needs.

z0z

  • Guest
Re: FLORISTS / FLOWERS PART 5
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 03:29:37 pm »
I'm also not a fan of fake/ non-floral bouquets. Especially bouquets that are adorned with felt petals and buttons.. i get that some want to use crystals and beads instead to add additional sparkle to their photos but colored buttons?? I don't get that trend hehe for me it ruins the formality of the event.

Was also not a fan of the paper flower wall Toni had in her recent wedding. I think she just needed that to block off the view of the crowd as she made her walk and doing a full wall of flowers ala Kim Kardashian was too expensive. E ano pa nga ba pwede mo ilagay if not real flowers.. e di fake. Lol. :))

I myself did not have a big budget for flowers for my wedding but I made sure to book a real florist hehe.

Apir! I have the exact same thoughts on her flower wall!

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: FLORISTS / FLOWERS PART 5
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 03:53:11 pm »
to blessie's everlasting brides: do you have a contract with her? im thinking of going with her na because of the 4k price difference with fullblooms by inah, mas kampante lang ako kasi kay ate inah kasi she's organized and has everything written down in a doc. kay ate blessie naman puro chat lang text lang kami.

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: FLORISTS / FLOWERS PART 5
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 04:02:19 pm »
^sis she'll provide naman the contract once you book her:) detailed din sya i swear:)

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: FLORISTS / FLOWERS PART 5
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 04:10:25 pm »
oh i see. thank you sis yannuh! were you also able to meet her before the wedding? and if ever, pwede ba magpa sample sa kanya if we visit her shop?

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: FLORISTS / FLOWERS PART 5
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 04:24:51 pm »
Actually sis she's willing to meet us naman kaya lang ako na tumanggi haha! Napapagod na kasi ako kakameet ng suppliers sis hehe! Basta she told me na lang na she'll do a mock bouquet setup for myself and for the ento tas send nya sken so ok na un for me:)

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: FLORISTS / FLOWERS PART 5
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2015, 05:35:07 pm »
great! good to know sis! thanks so much. true nakakapagod din makipagmeet sa suppliers haha but maybe we will meet with her if we have some free time.

xsugar

  • Guest
Re: FLORISTS / FLOWERS PART 5
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2015, 11:27:39 am »
sis cha_kobi and yannuh, where exactly is Ms. Blessie's stall in Dangwa? She already sent me a quotation for my requirement pero di nya pa ako sinasagot about sa address nya..i'm more comfortable kasi in meeting the supplier first prior booking:)thanks!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close