Author Topic: IVF Kato Repro Biotech Center thread2  (Read 50256 times)

HMisabelle

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Mrs. T
Re: IVF Kato Repro Biotech Center thread2
« Reply #260 on: April 18, 2017, 05:46:00 pm »
^not yet sis. we stopped going to the ob na since jan. the whole ttc process is so tiring e and financially draining. hehe.

balitaan mo ako, ha? interested na din ako sa kato. God bless, sis!
Mark 11:24- "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

Psalms 37:4- "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."

Chili1113

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #261 on: April 19, 2017, 10:36:49 am »
I am a patient of Kato and happy that we got a BFP on our 1st round of IVF. Hoping and praying that the baby continues to develop into a viable fetus that is healthy and normal.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Kato is a good place to go to IF you are already convinced and prepared to undergo IVF. This is really their forte.

Otherwise, I feel that if you are seeking for guidance in order to try to conceive naturally, or try to figure out why you are having difficulty conceiving --then perhaps it would be better to be under the care of an individual doctor. The doctor might be able to guide you better and spend more time pondering over your case. I feel like in Kato, it is more of an assembly line for IVF patients.

This is what I did. I was with Dr. Manalo. But when I decided I wanted to do IVF, I went to Kato because it was cheaper to do it there than in St. Lukes Carmi. Hope this helps! =)

barbillie

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #262 on: April 19, 2017, 01:38:00 pm »
sis chili1113! Congratulations on your BFP! :) Can you share your IVF experience in KATO? And how much was your total expenses? Last option na namin ang IVF, pero sa CARMI, we were advise to prepare at least half a million for an IVF procedure.
Creativity is intelligence having fun.

luna laxa

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #263 on: May 09, 2017, 12:09:08 pm »
Mga sis may checklist ba kayo ng tests before iui (or ivf)? Dr mendiola didn't give us the rundown and only suggested hssg. But it makes more sense to us if we checked all areas, make sure my body can handle it,  before implanting.

So far SA and yung hssg Lang meron Kami. I want to get the immuno tests but where? I want to do them all sana before this cycle ends para next na yung treatment.

I'm turning 36 so medyo panic mode na. I was with this super relax, wait-and-see doc and I regret sticking with her and cos I feel like we've wasted half a year (sorry to say).

yanndgab

• Probationary
« Reply #264 on: May 21, 2017, 10:38:19 am »
Hello po... 1st time ko po ivf with kato, through natural cycle. Sinu-sino po dito mga nag-undergo ng natural cycle din, especially with bfp? Also, ask ko lang din after egg retrieval, do you make calls to check yun status ng egg? If ever po ba na something bad happened, they will let you know right away? Kasi ang instruction lang sa akin, call the clinic on the supposed day of transfer to verify if tuloy ang transfer...

Chili1113

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #265 on: May 21, 2017, 11:47:40 am »
^Grabe naman yan? You're only supposed to call na on the day of the transfer to verify? AND NO they will not call you if something "bad" happened to your embryo. HAY nako talaga they have way too many patients na talaga that the service is suffering. Dati hindi ganyan, you can call kahit everyday ka pa magpa update acdg to my friend.

I was supposed to have natural cycle with kato but the single follicle they retrieved was empty. So next cycle we did minimal stimulation and I am now expecting twins. But I never went back to kato after they stopped monitoring my BHCG. I feel like I get better pre-natal care with an outside perinatologist.

yanndgab

• Probationary
« Reply #266 on: May 21, 2017, 07:12:33 pm »
^ Congrats sa twins! Nakakatuwa ang mga ganyang news.

Anyway, kinausap kasi ako nung embryologist nung day ng Egg retrieval ko, sabe tatawagan daw ako kinabukasan if di nagfertilize yung egg. Thankful at di nila ko tinawagan. Kaya iniisip ko, they will let me know if ever nag-arrest yun egg ko before the transfer.. hays...

air05mari

• Probationary
« Reply #267 on: June 22, 2017, 10:09:46 pm »
hello. kato patient here. just done with my 2nd opu, and eggs retrieved was immature. any same case wherein the immature egg/s matured in lab and was able to fertilized and develop to blastocyst?

vnessa

• GirlTalker
  • boo
« Reply #268 on: July 20, 2017, 02:40:31 pm »
Hi all!

I'm new to reading all about infertility and it's been a while since my last post here in GT. Single pa ko nun ^_^

Anyways, been trying for 2yrs now. This month i was adviced to take an HSG procedure at Cardinal Santos Hospital with Dr Aguilar. She told me to prepare 10k for the procedure. Days after my consultation with her, I read comments here at GT about HSG. And i learned alot!
I texted her to cancel my procedure realizing that i'm on CD12. Who knows baka makabuo pa kame. I'm on my TWW now.

Still me satisfying my conscious side, continued reading about HSG here in GT, learned about KATO and saw that the HSG they offer was P1680. I cant believe my eyes that the procedure was that cheap, compared to 10k.

Few minutes ago, I called KATO and asked how much is HSG. The clinic receptionist answered " HSSG po is 1680." I said: "Not HSSG, but single S, HSG" She answered back: "HSSG lang po ang meron kame."

My question to fellow GT's who have undergone HSG at KATO. Do they or don't they have HSG in KATO?

I also read about what's their differences (HSG vs HSSG), parang mas ok daw ang HSSG. BUT, do they have the same result?

Hope you can enlighten me.  :)

TIA

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 09:24:50 am by vnessa »

vnessa

• GirlTalker
  • boo
« Reply #269 on: July 31, 2017, 09:39:31 am »
Any KATO active patients here?

New to KATO. Would like to hear some of your BFN/BFP experiences.

Pinkie12

• Probationary
« Reply #270 on: April 19, 2018, 03:01:02 pm »
Hi sissies! This is my first time to join a forum. Dito ko rn nakita yung info about KATO. We have been ttc for 6 years and my previous ob never suggested IVF. I visited KATO, grabe haba ng line kasi mejo late na rn ako nakarating, I was the last patient. They are systematic and accomodating hindi lang ako nakapagprepare ng budget. I read that 12k lang for initial consultation. I was alone when I went there and my initial check up went on to almost 26k which covers different blood tests. Ilang years din kami nag-ipon for this procedure, Dra Perilo told me na push na namin this cycle. Hopefully, maging successful. 😊

Pinkie12

• Probationary
« Reply #271 on: April 19, 2018, 03:16:16 pm »
Hi sissies! This is my first time to join a forum. Dito ko rn nakita yung info about KATO. We have been ttc for 6 years and my previous ob never suggested IVF. I visited KATO, grabe haba ng line kasi mejo late na rn ako nakarating, I was the last patient. They are systematic and accomodating hindi lang ako nakapagprepare ng budget. I read that 12k lang for initial consultation. 2011 pa pla yung post. 😂
 I was alone when I went there and my initial check up went on to almost 26k which covers different blood tests. Ilang years din kami nag-ipon for this procedure, Dra Perilo told me na push na namin this cycle. Hopefully, maging successful. 😊

tsokolatebox

• Probationary
« Reply #272 on: June 27, 2018, 12:28:34 pm »
Hello!

I was a Kato patient. Graduate na, I am now 9 weeks pregnant.

We were TTC for about 3 years. I have bilateral hydrosalpinx and PCOS. They were very systematic, hubby and I would jokingly refer to them as "baby factory".

On a side note: Ask ko na rin if anyone else who only had their hydrosalpinx aspirated lang and got pregnant and delivered at full term with no complications?  Because my current OB is concerned that since it only got aspirated, the fluids poses a big threat sa viability ng pregnancy ko. I brought up this concern with Kato before I had my FET (frozen embryo transfer) as I was willing to undergo surgery to resolve the hydro and again asked if hydro will affect the baby when I was already pregnant; I was assured it should be fine and no threat to the fetus. So I am torn and worried because my new OB is certainly concerned about this.

Good luck everyone!

meancuds

• Probationary
« Reply #273 on: July 06, 2018, 07:02:01 pm »
Hi po mga sissies and future mommies out there first time ko mag post here.. May questions po ako about kato..  Nag initial check up ako last april 2018 ..ndi nila binigay copy ng result..  Hssg,  blood test etc.
Sadya po bang ganun?
Another question po..  Plano po namin ni hubby mag IUI sa kato since amdun na [textspeak!] record po magkano po kaya magagastos nmin sa buong journey ng IUI salamat po in advance
Barado po left fal tube ko..  Bilateral pcos po

silveronfire

• Junior GirlTalker
  • i am a girl goddess...
    • silveronfire... girl goddess
« Reply #274 on: November 03, 2018, 10:30:07 pm »
Hi sisses... KATO patient here as well. Hubby and I are scheduled for postcoital test nextweek na. We visited the clinic last Monday lang on day2 of my period. Ask ko lang, madali lang ba kumuha ng clearance sa infectious disease doctor? Hubby kasi tested positive on one of those, though negative naman ako sa lahat. Ang sabi lang sa amin was to get clearance in time for our IUI nextweek. Ang plan kasi namin is to do IUI one cycle and IVF after. Reco naman ni Dr. Munoz yun. Has anyone gone through this? Nagworry kasi kami baka mahirap yung clearance though wala namang binanggit sila doc na imomove yung schedule namin. Appreciate your feedback sisses. Thank you.

mrs_mcta

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #275 on: May 06, 2019, 09:25:31 am »
Hello girls, it's been a while since anyone posted here but posting either way just in case there are still active Kato patients. :)

We'll be going to our first consultation this coming Wednesday, May 8th. We've been trying for about 5 years now but really active (as in pursigido talaga) for the past 2-3 years. I have PCOS and have undergone quite a lot of tests - name it, I think I've done it... It was actually my OB who suggested for us to visit Kato since I'm not getting any younger. I'm already turning 36 this month.

Initally, what i read was you have to go really early to line up but now Kato does it via a 'proper' appointment system. I texted the number they have posted in their website last April 21st and the opening they have is for May 8; so hindi siya pwedeng ASAP lang. They asked me first if I was a new or existing patient then when I replied that I'm a new patient, that's when they gave me the date (& the specific time).

I've been reading na better daw if you're on your 2nd day of period para I guess direcho monitoring na but they didn't ask me naman when I was setting up the appointment.

Anyway, I hope more sissies can share more recent experiences with Kato ;D Will post again after our appointment.
mrs. a. || eleven.twelve.thirteen

Hopefulmom2019

• Probationary
« Reply #276 on: May 14, 2019, 11:35:53 am »
Hello, newbie here. Also a patient of kato, i just had my transfer last saturday May 11 so now on my waiting stage till blood test. My embies aren't top grade but I'm still hopeful considering this is our fifth try. Goodluck to all of us.

mrs_mcta

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #277 on: May 15, 2019, 09:23:32 am »
^Goodluck :)

^^Follow up to my post:
First consultation went well naman, si hubby ang unang tinest kase they wanted to have my ultrasound on my 2nd day (totoo nga).

Went back last Saturday for my turn and they did a hormone test (via blood extraction) and TVS. Ganon pa din, PCOS pa din ako pero hormones were ok naman, so that's good. I was given Letrozole for 5 days and will have HSSG this coming weekend. My last HSSG kase was 2015 pa and the doctor wanted to have the most updated results.

I think their queuing system is efficient; waiting time can vary - can be really quick or matagal din; depends on what you're waiting for. If waiting for consultation, medyo matagal kase hindi nagmamadali ang mga doctors; they really explain to you what you will undergo and you are encouraged to ask questions. Be patient lang talaga. Syempre if turn mo na sa consultation, ayaw mo naman na minamadali ka kase may pila sa labas so hintay hintay lang if ikaw pa yung nasa labas. :) The nurses are very nice too and even si kuya pag labas mo palang ng elevator.

They are quite strict on your schedule kase you are given a timeslot for your appointment; which I think is good kase ayoko din ma-delay because of others if ako naman on time dumating.

So far, so good ;D I hope tuloy tuloy na kame.. :)
mrs. a. || eleven.twelve.thirteen

yannuh

• Super GirlTalker
  • Trust in His timing.
« Reply #278 on: May 17, 2019, 05:47:09 pm »
Hi sis! Kamusta? Ask ko lang, fifth try na sya? Bakit kaya? Nagpacheck ka na sa immuno? Ako kasi i had 3 failed iuis in Kato because of my repro-immune disorder.
just know you can :)

baby_yummy

• IT - makult n' malufet
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #279 on: May 28, 2019, 05:48:50 am »
Hi sis, tried inquiring with KATO kaso ang ni recommend sakin ni doc is loose weight since normal ang cycle ko and didnt have any issues as per my lab test.

kaso hirap talaga ako mag loose weight.. we also tried alreay IUI in St Lukes but failed.. may I know how much ang IUI sa KATO?

Minsan naiisip ko na ipush si IVF pero sabi ni hubby need ko talaga mag lower down ng weight..  :-[

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close