watch now

Author Topic: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina) (Thread 1)  (Read 6848 times)

super bratinella

  • Guest
Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina) (Thread 1)
« on: June 19, 2015, 07:06:06 pm »
new home mga sis!

Tried not using shampoo for 2days now. Just used soap to wash the dirt from my hair, then after washing off the soap I put on the hair treatment Squalene hair treatment, para hindi dry ang hair ko, then dry with towel lang, hindi susuklayin let it dry pag dry super define ng kulot compared pag gumamint ako ng shampoo..

maiandra

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina) (Thread 1)
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 07:25:25 pm »
^Squalene, isn't that shark liver oil?

Anyway, please post more products we can use to style or tame our curlies! I'm currently in the transition phase and have about 2-3 inches left of rebonded hair. Any recommended deep conditioning product?

sweetieping

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina) (Thread 1)
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 11:56:48 pm »
I am into shea butter right now and because of this new found love, I tried to search all its benefits and I found lots of claims and raves that it's good for the hair. :)
Here is a link. Hope this helps.
http://www.brazilian-keratintreatment.com/shea-butter-benefits-for-hair/

angeLven

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina) (Thread 1)
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 09:18:56 am »
i need to subscribe to this thread.  :) :) :)

Dati nagpapa-straight pa ako ng hair, pero narealize ko na nadadamage lang lalo ang hair ko at hindi sya para sa tulad ko na hindi mahilig magpasalon treatment. So i opted to embrace my natural curly hair, hindi na ako nagpapadala sa mga nasa salon na sinasabing mas bagay sakin kapag nagparebond ako. Sinasabi ko na lang sa kanila, bagay sakin pareho dahil ganun talaga kapag maganda  ;) ;) ;) haha

marami naman din ang naiinggit sa hair natin. maraming nagtatanong sa akin kung nagpaperm daw ba ako, i proudly say na "nope. natural yan"

I'm still trying different products to tame the pagkabuhaghag minsan.

super bratinella

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina) (Thread 1)
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 02:49:32 pm »
^oonga sis, sa mga pics nga sa fb wall ko nakulot lang ang hair nila mega post na sila tayo araw araw natin buhok ang kulot.  Para hindi bumuhaghag ang curls huwag mong suklayan after bath dry it towel lang, tapos when you shampoo just massage and focus on the scalp pero huwag ang strands ng hair, malalagyan din ng shampoo ang strands ng hair when you rinse it.

Tapos every other day lang ang shampoo..Hope this helps

maiandra

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina) (Thread 1)
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 09:54:37 pm »
Ok ba yung Curly hair series ng Pantene? Anybody tried it?

harley18

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina) (Thread 1)
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 01:43:11 pm »

Tried not using shampoo for 2days now. Just used soap to wash the dirt from my hair, then after washing off the soap I put on the hair treatment Squalene hair treatment, para hindi dry ang hair ko, then dry with towel lang, hindi susuklayin let it dry pag dry super define ng kulot compared pag gumamint ako ng shampoo..

Anong klaseng soap? Bar soap? Anong brand gamit mo sis?

super bratinella

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina) (Thread 1)
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 03:49:30 pm »
mild soap lang sis, johnson baby soap

angeLven

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina) (Thread 1)
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 04:59:00 pm »
sis super bratinella, ganyan nga ginagawa ko sis, mostly sa scalp lang talaga ang shampoo kasi nakakadry din.
na try ko na yung every other day lang magshampoo sis pero di ko sya kayang gawin kapag tag-init, parang nagsusugat scalp ko :( pero kapag malamig (Jan-Feb) kering keri :)

chubbychic

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina) (Thread 1)
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 12:44:06 pm »
Subscribing to this thread!  :)

I've fully transitioned to my natural curly hair after yeeaaars of rebonding!  And true mga sis, super mas bagay talaga satin ang natural hair natin.   :D I also wash my hair every other day, shampoo and conditioner yun.  I tried the Pantene 3-minute miracle.  Okay naman.  Though ang ok talaga sa akin na conditioner is the Pureology and Kerasys na red (oriental something yung variant). 

I do use a wide-toothed comb to spread the conditioner after detangling using my hands lang.  I also don't rub my hair after washing.  Squeeze lang. Tapos no brushing na yun.  I tried the Moringa na hair serum and it's great ha.  Feeling soft talaga hair ko!  Hihi!  But for fizz super okay ang Tigi Bedhead Foxy curls para defined yung curls ko.

What I'm looking for now is a good stylist na talagang marunong gumupit sa curly hair.  Most of the stylist kasi feeling ko mas trained sa pag-cut ng straight hair.  :(  Dati sobrang loyal ako kay Roland of Regine's Salon.  Kaso wala na sya dun.  So now scouting na ulit ako ng bagong stylist.  Kayo mga sis may alam ba kayo na okay na stylist for our type of hair?  :)

yelo

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina) (Thread 1)
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 01:54:09 pm »
Ako I wash my hair everyday, hindi ko kasi kaya na hindi magshampoo everyday kasi ang init and pinapawisan scalp ko. I have type 2b hair and I use 3 kinds of shampoo, moisturizing, strengthening and clarifying. I alternate the moisturizing and strengthening variant then I use clarifying shampoo once a week to remove hair product build ups. I find that this routine works best on hair fall. I use sls free shampoo by the way. :)

Then after I shampoo, I drop some olive oil in a tabo with half full of water and then dip the ends of my hair in it. Then I condition it with any intensive conditioner or hair treatments.

For hair products, I'm still looking for my HG hair product. When my hair was shorter I use vitress hair polish and it works wonders however when my hair was growing long I find that it cannot hold my curls anymore. Right now I'm using Hairtreats Hair Gel, I use it on dripping wet hair and scrunch all the way. I'm glad it can hold my curls. Sobrang frustating pag nakikita ko yung buhok ko na nawala ang curls at medyo nagstraight. :(

mebpa

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina) (Thread 1)
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 05:56:37 pm »
after the shampoo and conditioner I comb my hair (still in the shower), after I set my hair I shower again, squeeze excess water and that's it. mas freezy and buhaghag yun hair ko pag ng comb pa ko after showering. I used to use clips para maset yun hair ko while wet but I think it contributed to my hair loss. now pinababayaan ko nalang matuyo then saka ko mag clip or whatever is available to put on my hair.

The Lioness

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina) (Thread 1)
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2015, 04:40:34 am »
yey! cheers to the olive oil and johnson's baby milk bath, : D

so naubusan ako ng olive oil. and i needed something right on the spot. my hubby gave me the bottle of almond glow i used before i was pregnant. gamit ko sya dati for my body oil until i got prego and switched to a more natural product. so i used it like how i'd use the olive oil. tabo ng water, a few drops of it from head to to toe. na notice ko lang, kahit mejo napapadami ng konti ang lagay ko, hindi sya katulad ng evoo na nagiging oily. i think this one is better. but im still switching to evoo since i have a baby.

the product i got from healthy options. name is Almond Glow by Home Health.  it was around 400 to 500 php ata. i forgot.


ayi0119

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina) (Thread 1)
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2015, 09:28:31 am »
after 14 years of rebonding my hair, ayoko na!! Plus, I love my curly hair now.. :)

So true, mas maganda ang curls pag hindi sinuklay.

Hindi ko kayang hindi magshampoo, nagccommute lang kasi ako papuntang office at pauwi ng bahay, so imagine ang dumi ng hair ko.. Ang ginagawa ko, naglalagay ako ng VCO sa hair bago magshampoo para di ma-damage. I learned the method here:

http://www.curlynikki.com/2012/10/the-art-of-pre-poo.html

Ang healthy ng hair ko ngayon. :)

oshiawase

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina) (Thread 1)
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2015, 06:30:56 pm »
I no longer shampoo. I just use clarifying shampoo once a week then conditioner wash everyday. While my hair is damp, I put olive oil on my hair, tie it up in a bun then I sleep. In the morning, i put gel and mousse while my hair is still damp.

My hair has come a long way but I am still not satisfied as I want my waves to be more defined. Do you have other suggestions?


imyourangel

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina) (Thread 1)
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2015, 08:57:09 pm »
I too have learned to fully embrace my curly hair, after so many years of rebonding. I use Sunsilk mousse to control my curls. Sometimes when I shampoo, ang daming tayo tayo. :( I don't know what to do with it.

oshiawase

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina) (Thread 1)
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2015, 10:33:26 pm »
I heard wearing silk cap or using silk pillowcase helps.

You know where I can buy those? thanks!

ayi0119

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina) (Thread 1)
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2015, 03:08:50 pm »
^^ Pag tayo tayo yun buhok ko, nilalagyan ko ng nivea cream, yun nasa tin can.. sa ibabaw lang ng hair..

timetraveller

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina) (Thread 1)
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2015, 09:01:07 pm »
Just had my hair cut at Status Salon Katipunan branch. Si Edwin ang stylist ko, and I like that he really knows what he's doing. :) I'm naturally curly-haired, and I appreciate that he discouraged me to have it straightened or rebonded unlike most salons I've gone to. From my waist-length type 2A curly hair, he did a "texturized" short layers (bra-length) and it frames my oval face so well! :) I've never been this happy with a haircut. Now I don't have to worry about split and damaged ends, less time in grooming my hair, too :)

My hair is now shorter than I planned, but then it's better than I've imagined. :D

BTW, I never had my hair relaxed or rebonded, hair color lang to define the curls. I always get asked kung nagpapadigiperm ba ako because the top of my hair is straight, kumukulot lang siya once it reaches ear-length na.

I only finger-comb my hair ONCE a day, and that's while I'm taking a bath. I just finger-comb it when it's wet para hindi siya buhaghag pag natuyo. Mas defined ang curls kapag ganun :) Also, I use my sulfate-free body soap (Janice Goat's Milk Bar) to wash my hair every three days then conditioner (Cream Silk blue) everyday. I use curl defining products like Monea, HairFix, serums like Black Beauty, Dove, etc. depende kung anong gusto ko. Hahahaha! But my favorite is Ellips Ultra hair serum. Ang hirap lang maghanap nito pero ang bango and ang ganda nito.

charming_jess

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina) (Thread 1)
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2016, 11:44:18 pm »
I used to blow dry & iron (yikes!) my naturally wavy hair everyday but not anymore.  Now, my routine is I wash my hair every other day (I live in Canada so I have no problem with this), weekdays I blow dry & iron it if I have enough time and then weekends I just leave it in its natural state.  If I have to go out on a weekend, I'll just put hair mousse & argan oil to tame it a little.  I use organic coconut oil treatment as well at least once a week to keep it moisturized especially during the winter season.

I try my best to use as much natural products so less harm and it's cheaper.


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close