watch now

Author Topic: Emergency / disaster kit for your child's use at school  (Read 2613 times)

domestic diva

  • Guest
Emergency / disaster kit for your child's use at school
« on: June 18, 2015, 12:29:34 pm »
Hi there! Has your child's school issued any notices/requests for disaster kits?
What did they ask you to prepare?

We were asked the ff:

ID lace with pen flash light , whistle and ID

350ml water
Crackers
Hard candies

Meds
Arm bandage
Band aids

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: Emergency / disaster kit for your child's use at school
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 12:40:59 pm »
My daughter's school has been implementing this since she was in kinder 2. She's incoming grade 3 now.

Aside from the items you mentioned, they're also required to put in their grab kits gauze masks and their personal medication like asthma or allergy medicines.

The whistle is given together with the ID.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 12:43:09 pm by hunny_ally »

domestic diva

  • Guest
Re: Emergency / disaster kit for your child's use at school
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 12:45:39 pm »
^thanks sis! This year lang na implement sa CSA and I'm really happy that they did!
 I forgot about the face mask. Included nga pala sa kit. I added extra batteries, anti mosquito stickers , betadine and hand sanitizer to her pack.

Where did you buy your whistle? I can't seem to find a ball-less whistle :(

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: Emergency / disaster kit for your child's use at school
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 12:56:55 pm »
The school provides the whistle together with their IDs. Have you tried national bookstore and office warehouse?

momentum

  • Guest
Re: Emergency / disaster kit for your child's use at school
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 01:32:37 pm »
Been also waiting for my daughter's school to give announcements about this but I am already going to make one for my daughter and won't wait na

I hope all schools will have drills too for emergencies especially for the earthquake that will hit us anytime soon

chicafabulosa

  • Guest
Re: Emergency / disaster kit for your child's use at school
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 02:11:15 pm »
Hi there! Has your child's school issued any notices/requests for disaster kits?
What did they ask you to prepare?

We were asked the ff:

ID lace with pen flash light , whistle and ID

350ml water
Crackers
Hard candies

Meds
Arm bandage
Band aids


Yes sis ganyan rin sa amin plus they also ask for mask and some meds.

summersong

  • Guest
Re: Emergency / disaster kit for your child's use at school
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 02:27:12 pm »
I bought Fox 40 whistles at Toby's some years back. I hope they still stock those. They're good quality pea-less whistles.

Better if the flashlights are waterproof or can withstand at least a brief dunking, has good battery life, and sturdy enough to withstand a fall.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 02:29:07 pm by summersong »

domestic diva

  • Guest
Re: Emergency / disaster kit for your child's use at school
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 03:11:11 pm »
^Pea-less whistles! So that's what they're called. Thanks sis! I'll check it out soon.

Pen light flashlights are another hard thing to find. I had to contend with those from China with LED light. Nice sana the one with laser too because it can be used to draw attention.

@sis hunny_alley, you're lucky the whistles are provided by your child's school! I still plan to look for whistles that I can place on her current ID lace tag and I'll put also in our bags.

I hope the school places it in an accessible place in their classroom (like beside the child). Our kits are in labeled zip lock bags only. I wish it was in a sturdy plastic casing or backpack though.

summersong

  • Guest
Re: Emergency / disaster kit for your child's use at school
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 04:04:34 pm »
Energizer has penlights. It's probably available in big chain hardware stores or bookstores.

If your child's school isn't very particular about the light being a penlight, I would recommend something a bit smaller that can be tied or attached to your child's ID lanyard kasama ng whistle. In moments of chaos madaling mahulog at mawala ang maliliit na bagay. Kung maingat naman ang kids sa gamit, you may want to consider something like a Maglite Solitaire. It's pricier than usual but it will last years and years with proper use.

nixmusic

  • Guest
Re: Emergency / disaster kit for your child's use at school
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 06:27:17 am »
These are the things that they asked us to bring on their second day to be included in their "Grab Bag"

- bottled water
- 2 pcs energy bars
- flashlight
- extra batteries for flashlight
- 2 pcs glowsticks
- whistle
- medicine kit

Everything was placed in a clear expandable plastic envelope.

chicafabulosa

  • Guest
Re: Emergency / disaster kit for your child's use at school
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2015, 01:48:21 pm »
Penlights are available at mercury drug at the medical supply section

domestic diva

  • Guest
Re: Emergency / disaster kit for your child's use at school
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2015, 05:19:28 am »
Glow sticks sound good! Thanks sis , @nixmusic!

Sis @chicafabulosa, will check Mercury for this pen lights. Oos na yata sa major hardware stores. I want to add a whistle and penlight to her everyday ID lanyard . The ones we submitted were collected and stored.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close