Author Topic: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)  (Read 57963 times)

prettylove

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #540 on: March 06, 2016, 10:07:29 pm »
^sis chili1113 virtual hug! I feel you but isipin mo na lang na 2 mos na lang at ngayon ka pa ba mag give up? Lapit ka na mag graduate. Ako naman early january 2015 pa nag hahanda but you know, your opinions and comments inspire most of the brides like me to have a beautiful wedding and to give all efforts to have our dream wedding come true kaya don't feel bad being fed up it's normal but think of the positive side na lang na lahat ng efforts mo e makikita mo sa araw ng wedding mo sis ❤️❤️

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #541 on: March 07, 2016, 12:15:15 am »
prettylove: hugs sis!! Thanks for you words of support and encouragement! =) You're right I should just think that I only have two months to go so I might as well stay positive. Hahah one day I will miss all this wedding planning too LOL... or maybe not hehe. Thanks so much sis.

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #542 on: March 07, 2016, 03:13:38 am »
I've been lurking around in wedding threads since my sister's wedding last 2012 until early 2013.
Late 2014 nagpopost and nagbaback read din ako minsan kasi we're planning pero di pa talaga official,  ako lang maaga magbasa basa. And I can see sis Chili113 in all threads na. Her inputs are super useful to me and I bet to all other brides. Promise sis super dami ko nakuha sayo. Thank you!!! Don't give up. Kayang kaya mo yan konting konti nalang!

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #543 on: March 07, 2016, 05:51:13 am »
Chili1113, last push and it will be over soon enough. Felt the same way leading up to my wedding. Di na fun haha. And sa totoo lang its only you who will notice your DIYs the most, wala naman pake masyado guests. Photogs only care about them para picturan, then done. Hehe for me not worth my extra effort unless core part of the decor. The wedding day goes by so fast and the major things lang naman magmamatter. So pick the impt ones and focus on them instead. :)

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #544 on: March 07, 2016, 06:25:26 am »
^agree on DIYs! and its expensive ha! akala lang ng iba makakamura pero more on personal touch ang DIYs. and true na di naman mapapansin ng mga guests yan. mapipicturan lang then wala na.

chocnats

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #545 on: March 07, 2016, 09:33:06 am »
Feeling the same way sis Chili! At least 2 months na lang sa iyo, ako 7 months pa! Kaya si groom na talaga pinapaasikaso ko sa lahat kasi super duper tamad ako magplano. Haha!

Basta focus na lang on the important matters and on your wedding day, just relax and enjoy it. Sabi nga sa Frozen, let it go. :)

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #546 on: March 07, 2016, 09:50:38 am »
^Aww hugs Chili1113! It's okay, maybe these are the things that are not really important to you, nice to haves lang:) Maybe have a quick vacation to the beach or mountains? And let your team and hubby do the work. You've done amazing preparations so far:)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #547 on: March 07, 2016, 11:30:15 am »
Hi sis chilli! Hang in there. I suggest that you give yourself a day or two to rest and not think about anything wedding related! Use that time to pamper yourself. You deserve that break :)

I know the feeling of getting burned out from all the wedding preps! In our case, I no longer pushed through with some of our DIYs. For the other lists and DIYs that I already started, what I did was to ask the help of my friends and my then fiance. I just laid down some guidelines to help them do the job while keeping their work at par with my standards and expectations. For example for our music before the cocktails (my strings also performed at church so I needed background music for the venue), I told my friend what I wanted and, more importantly, what I did not want. I no longer reviewed her work because I know that if I started checking it, the OC in me might kick in. I'm glad I trusted her because she nailed it! :) For the other stuff, like seat cards, I originally planned on doing and printing it myself, but I got too tired and stressed out so I just made the layout and paid our invitation printer to do the job at PHP10/pc. Sure I had to shell out money but it saved me all the trouble and gave me time to relax. You can also try to explore options where you can save yourself the stress.

Finally, before the wedding, try not to work on anything wedding related at least 3 days before the wedding. If some guests back out, don't change your seat plan anymore!! Even with seat cards, guests don't follow the seat plan all the time. Sometimes, they seat where they want to seat. So just let go. Otherwise, you'll be stressed on the day that should be one of the happiest days of your life :)

pinaydiaspora

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #548 on: March 07, 2016, 01:03:15 pm »
Aww I know how you feel sometimes sis Chili1113. Sometimes you get too stressed to even care if you're doing okay with everything. Try to inhale, exhale. Things would be okay soon. Just focus on your priorities and do what you guys have to do that's important for the wedding. For the rest, let go if you don't feel like pushing yourself more. What's the use of having a super detailed fancy wedding if at that moment you're too stressed and haggard you don't even feel like your're going to enjoy it. Just like your username.. Chill. Smile. Have fun!  ;)

Oh and yeah the other girls are right..you've been one of the people here who really helped and inspired us a lot in being meticulous with our own wedding preps. So thank you for all the help that you have given. You're one of the few who seriously gave us direction in our own wedding preps.

stylus

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #549 on: March 07, 2016, 01:23:56 pm »
Hugs sis chili!!! I felt exactly the same weeks before our wedding! I feel you most especially sa song list. Guest list. Avps and diys! Tapos dumating na relatives ni hubby from province so labo labo na schedule namin.

At first okay lang ako. Pero nung 1 week na lang panic mode na rin. Tapos nag away pa kami ni hubby kasi gusto ko talaga tapusin yung mga diy na alam kong ako lang ang makakagawa kaya di ko kailangan ng help ng iba. Sabi nya matutuloy naman daw ang wedding kahit wala yung mga centerpiece na id-DIY ko so wag na daw. Natauhan lang ako when he said na dahil sa medical condition ko na di pwede mapagod at mapuyat baka maging perfect lahat pero haggard naman ako.

At yun nga ang nangyari kasi nagstop lang ako sa preps night before our wedding. As in day before nagpprint pako missalete. Table arrangement.  Nag diy ng candles and matches. Etc etc.

Kaya sis, list mo muna lahat then piliin mo lang kung ano talaga mga important at doable. Dont stress yourself too hard. Magiging okay lahat ;)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #550 on: March 07, 2016, 02:35:41 pm »
awww thank you ladies!!!! Thank you prettylove, hermione28, sparklingjewel, shygirlme, chocnats, rowan and stylus!! =) =) Haha I still feel sick and tired of the planning but I keep thinking this is a GOOD problem to have.

Thanks everyone. Thanks for making me feel that I am not alone in last stretch planning misery! Thanks for sharing all you had to go through with the not fun parts of the planning.

Definitely no more DIYs for me. No more OC-ness or unnecessary frills that don't really matter and take up so much time. Ill only focus on the urgent tasks. I hope that all my months of hard work planning will pay off now that I want an "early retirement" from wedding planning. Haha

LOL Good luck to H2B because I won't be helping him anymore when it comes to his tasks. I wont do it for him anymore and if he doesn't move, sorry nalang talaga.

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #551 on: March 07, 2016, 04:56:05 pm »
@chili113 - hugs to you. I know how you feel. My wedding is about a month or a week less than yours, I really do feel the pressure. I am so down right now na  ayaw ko nang ituloy. Its like the universe is conspiring to stress me out.

And worst of all, yung tao whom I thought was a friend is my primary stressor right now. She's supposed to be one of my SS. Last Dec. sinamahan nya ang mum ko sa divi para bumili ng tela. I told her na I just want something simple. Lace top with just chiffon skirt. No rhinestones, no nothing.  As in simple lang talaga. End of January I told her magstart na sya magpatahi since nasa kanya yung tela nila na mga SS. February, my other friend whp is based abroad gave me her measuremwnts so sinabi namin na ibigay na nya lay manang na magtatabi yung tela at magpasukat na din sya
 Oh wow. March 1, we decided na for the rest of the entourage (SS +FG +some of my aunts) will go na lang to Kimi Go. Kasi nagustuhan sya ng mum ko. So hinihingi sa kanya ni mama ko yung tela. Aba, ang daming excuse tapos bigla akong tinawagan, pwedi daw ba na long sleeves na lang daw yung gown nya. Sabi ko baka magkulang sa tela. Tapos sabi nya bumili daw sya ng tela. So I asked " pano ka nakabili ng tela eh kakadecide pa lang namin ni mama na ilipat kay Kimi Go ang pagtahi. " and then she again gave some lame excuse. Eto na ang clincher, nakuha na namin ang tela (finally after what 3-4 attempts)  and sinend sa akin ng mum ko yung photo (overseas bride here),  wow ang ganda! Hindi sya lace na may konting rhinestones. Mesh coverup sya na tadtad ng rhinestones. I mean [textspeak!]!! Para san pa yung sinabi ko na simple and elegant. Ang nakakaasar, heto ako message ng message sa kanya at pinapakita ko pa ng ilang beses yung peg ko (isang sample lang ito ha) and never! Not once did she ever mention to me na nga pala himdi ganyan yung tela na binili ko! And ngayon ako pa ang masama! Na kesyo hindi ko daw na appreciate ang pagsama nya sa Divi para bumili ng tela. And everytime she would tell the tale sa mga friends ko eh oh so gladly omit the fact na she went behind my back. Na all the while wala pala syang plano na sabihin sa akin na magpapagawa sya ng SS gown na ayon sa kanya.

Despite all this I told her na I joped we can work through it and she can still be my SS. But I told her na bibili kami ng ibang lace and hindi talaga pwedi backless. Guess what, she didn't like the idea and blamed me again kasi hindi ko  daw naappreciate yung hirap nya.  Hindi nya nakikita yung mali nya. I'm ending this long tale. Sorry to rant out like this. Ending she wouldn't be a SS if she didn't get her way. >:(  Weddings ! definitely a test of patience.. a test of friendship.

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #552 on: March 07, 2016, 05:20:57 pm »
^hugs sis!! nakakaloka naman yan di nila naisip na di sila nakakatulong. actually the main reason kaya di ako nagpatulong sa mga friends ko baka mamaya kasi magkasamaan pa ng loob. ayoko din sabihin sa kanila anong style ng damit nila kasi alam ko magrereklamo lang sila. nung sinabi ko nga gusto ko long gown sabi agad nila di bagay sa kanila kasi maliliit sila. para stress free I let them chose nalang basta usapan namin ako lang magands at wag nila tatalbugan.

dedma nalang sa mga ganyan tao sis. remember its your day!

prettylove

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #553 on: March 07, 2016, 05:44:03 pm »
buti naman at wala akong friend na ganyan at kung meron man baka masapak ko lang (sorry for being violent) hehe at parang gusto pa ata nyang talbugan ka sa wedding day mo.. Bakit kaya hindi niya maintindihan na darating din ang araw niya na one day ikakasal din sya at duon nya gawin lahat ng gusto niya tapos hayaan na lang niya at respect and decision mo as bride? kapag meron naman ako friend na medyo nag iinarte lang lagi ko sinasabi na ' hindi na ako mahihiya sa inyo ah kasi kaya nga kayo pinili ko para di sumakit ulo ko ' or kapag kinasal na 'tapos na araw mo ako naman kaya wag kang maarte' sabay tawa or kapag di pa kinakasal ' kasal ko to diba? ' sabay tawa ulit hehe, tapos mention ko na gusto ko hehe and in fairness nakakatulong din maging tactless and to be fair kapag kasali naman ako sa entourage ng kasal ng friends ko hindi naman ako pasaway.. Whatever they want ok lang sa akin kahit di ko bet ang suot ko go lang kasi mas impt na happy ang friend ko dahil big day nya un kumbaga sa mag bestfriend eh pagbigyan na natin.. I think ask your mom for help sis and to explain to your friend na KASAL MO YUN AND NOT HERS kahit pabiro.. hehe

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #554 on: March 07, 2016, 06:22:27 pm »
Missus O: I am so sorry to hear about what you are going through. OMG the last few months of a wedding and a bride is usually running low on patience already, and then this has to happen to you.

Sorry but I find it a bit funny that your friend thought she could get away with it! LOL. Doesn't she realize how RIDICULOUS she will look like with a super flashy gown, while the rest of the entourage are in the lace top gowns you specified? She will stick out like a sore thumb in her backless, flashy gown hahaha.

If this happened to me, I would be so tempted to LET HER make a scene and a fool of herself by wearing the ultra flashy gown. LOL what would people say about her. OMG nakakahiya kaya yun parang super [textspeak!] ng dating nya.

I hope everything gets sorted out soon Missus O! At the same time, I hope your friend comes to her senses. and  all will be well without any more heartaches or tests of patience and friendship.

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #555 on: March 07, 2016, 06:30:29 pm »
^ Actually sis kinasal na sya and we were her entourage members as well pero we were very supportive sa kanya. And from last year to even early this year napansin ko lang, lahat ng kasal na  entourage sya eh sya yung standout. I was just thinking na since isa sya sa best friends namin eh she would just try to respect our decisions. I keep saying "namin" kasi 2 kaming ikakasal sa June. Parehas nyang kaibigan. Pero the other girl is her best friend. She's bugging naman my other friend na ang gown nya eh ipagawa kay Paolo Blanco dahil intricate ito. MOH kasi daw sya. Sa province ang wedding, simple lang din ang peg ng friend namin. Ang gusto daw nyang gown eh bodycon type na may cutouts. Honestly, at first we were laughing it out lang. Kaso after what happened the other day, na shock lang talaga ako. Even yung magtatahi was laughing. Kasi he was saying na she  wanted it na backless, and yung mesh coverup na yun eh pang bride at hindi pang SS. Which was true naman. As in ganun kadami yung rhinestones. Hindi sya yung lace na may rhinestones pero rhinestones na may mesh.  Hay.  It hurts lang kasi we have a good 10 years of friendship and I guess I should have known na walang pinipili yung pagka vain nya and narcissistic. In fairness she is pretty, kaya I really don't see anything why she would  feel the need to standout!!

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #556 on: March 07, 2016, 06:42:22 pm »
Missus O - I am so sorry to head that sis! Nakakaloka yung friend mo. Lahat ng BM ko, friends ko, buti nalang at masunurin sila sa kahit anong gusto ko. Mas problem ko pa yung dami ko pakiusap na puntahan to, tanong to, waley. haha. pero carry lang, di naman nila obligasyon yun, pakiusap ko lang yun.



BTW mga sis. Here'my problem. grabe naiiyak na ko. I want to transfer church. :(
Monday ngayon, monday din wedding ko. @5pm kanina tinignan ko yung live traffic from Santuario De San Jose Parish to my venue Valle Verde 6 Clubhouse, gosh super traffic!!!!!

I plan to transfer to CTK. but ito nanaman, problem ko nanaman yung Glass Door. Ano ba to.

Bakit ba kasi ang traffic sa pinas! :(


Anyone with the same scenario na lumipat ng church? Please sana may maka help. Thanks!

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #557 on: March 07, 2016, 07:07:00 pm »
Hmm...medyo alanganin nga yung sked mo. Have you checked if CTK is still available on your date? Dont cancel SSJ muna unless your other option is available. How about Blessed John Paul II in Eastwood? It has wooden doors.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #558 on: March 07, 2016, 07:29:54 pm »
Kelan wedding mo? Just heard mass sa CTK kahapon, closed pala sya for renovation til April except weekend anticipated masses.

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #559 on: March 07, 2016, 08:38:06 pm »
^sis July pa naman ako. Ang renovations nya hanggang April lang? Sa July tapos na kaya? baka kita na may nirerenovate. hala. so no chance lumipat!  :'(

we checked last week of January, open pa naman July 25. will double check now.

If lilipat ako sis iwas na ko sa highway. yung CTK kasi to my venue, looban sya, di ka na lalabas ng highway.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close