Author Topic: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)  (Read 58463 times)

mikky21

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #420 on: December 05, 2015, 04:57:08 pm »
Sis inquisitor i think pag may mga ganyan na nagpaparinig, smile ka na lang. Patay-malisya ka na lang.

Sis sparklingjewel before you booked
your coordinator, did you happen to know if ilang events ang inaaccept nila per month? Tapos if otd diba meron din sa contract kung ilang meetings before the wedding day?

stylus

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #421 on: December 05, 2015, 06:45:05 pm »
^^oh no sis chili.. sa 3k per head.. 3-4 persons na makakakain nyan sa per head ng hizons. Non nego na ba machange ang venue mo?

Purple_Power

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #422 on: December 05, 2015, 07:17:23 pm »
Chili1113 Buti you gave us the idea na about that Manila Polo Club, saka kung 3k plus Oo nga kung ganyan rin lang kahit ako mas gustuhin ko nang mag 5 star hotel. I never entered that Manila Polo Club pero sa pictures pa lang naman parang nasisimplehan ako saka di hamak na mas maganda ang The Blue Leaf.

NarsJJ

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #423 on: December 05, 2015, 10:07:52 pm »
Normal ba na mag charge separately ang venue for electricity? I was planning on using globelights during the beach reception. Shouldn't electricity be included already in the package? I guess they want me to just use the moon and the stars  ::)

Purple_Power

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #424 on: December 05, 2015, 10:39:07 pm »
^Natawa naman ako sa last sentence mo  ;D ayaw mo nun natural ang lighting. No idea ako about beach reception. Although bigla ko rin naalala na dun sa venue na pinagpartihan ko kapag walang lightings medyo madilim pala talaga ang dating. Eh gusto ko kasi yung lights na mismo ng venue. Yun pala sa pictures ma yellow lang.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #425 on: December 06, 2015, 05:56:21 am »
Sis sparklingjewel before you booked your coordinator, did you happen to know if ilang events ang inaaccept nila per month? Tapos if otd diba meron din sa contract kung ilang meetings before the wedding day?

I did not bother to check how many weddings a month but for Nov she said she had 14. I am entitled to 4 meetings, and we've only had 2 so far. I was making kulit about having the 3rd already bec my emcee might be busy close to Xmas as he's also a coordinator.

Chili1113, you're right, she's still Kutchie and i know she won't really flop at my event. I bought my peace of mind talaga with her. Even with this incident im still confident about her. But i cant explain how she'll do everything if she doesnt spend enough time on MY wedding.

About Polo Club, mahal 3k per head ha pero i am thinking a portion you're paying for is really venue rental which you said they dont charge. Chill, baka naman even with the new menu cheaper padin that paying additional venue rental. :) But they better have good food. I mean, if the venue is blah and the food is blah also there's really no point in booking them anymore..


rowan

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #426 on: December 06, 2015, 01:21:57 pm »
Chili1113, wont you be spending more than 60k for all the adjustments you have to make. grabe what a hassle!!! polo club is actually my second choice since its cheaper(well used to be) than blue leaf. in the contract ba, nakalagay na you will avail of the "in house caterer" or nakaspecify yung old caterer? if name ng old caterer nakalagay, maybe you can back out pa. or negotiate.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #427 on: December 06, 2015, 02:56:44 pm »
rowan: we still havent signed any contract. I only paid a 60k reservation fee. Well we will be definitely spending more than 60k for the adjustments. But then with 5 months to go, I cannot think of another venue that would be available in Metro Manila. 

I will try to negotiate the old menus. But for sure the prices would have gone up already =( I thought Polo was really cheap na before since they didn't charge a venue fee. I was OK with their old menu prices too. Then I really invested in styling and lights and sounds-- but I knew that and was prepared to invest in that upon booking Polo. But then again... here comes the new caterer with new menu and new prices. And that just annoys the hell out of me. Some menu items like for cocktails are exactly the same like the "Assorted Charcuterie" for 20-25pax used to be only P2650, and now it is priced at  P5200.

I would have been OK to pay the hefty price increase if they upgraded their caterer. But sorry, I don't think Hizon's is considered an upgrade to the previous one.

mdnextdoor

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #428 on: December 06, 2015, 03:57:07 pm »
Chili, who was their accredited caterer before? 3k per head for a hizon's menu? Oh my. Hotel price na yan.

InquisitorLavellan

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #429 on: December 06, 2015, 06:24:39 pm »
Pansin ko din mga sis na hindi masyadong makaset ng common meeting  day and time with suppliers this month.  I'm meeting my videographer for a lunch meeting as he already told me beforehand he's fully booked till January. Also meeting my stylist on a weekday kasi dun lang sila available.

I feel everyone's frustration as well :(

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #430 on: December 06, 2015, 06:27:17 pm »
^I forgot na the name of the previous caterer mdnextdoor. But the menus were better deals and more reasonably priced. Ive attended an event with the previous caterer servicing it and food wasnt bad.

In fairness to Polo, not all the new menus start at 3k. Their simplest ones start at 1k but only for a 3-course (pumpkin soup, roast chicken, creme brulee) set menu. But the menu we were supposed to get used to be 1765 for a sit-down 6 course menu, including fillet mignon with pasta. Now the similar 6 course menu is priced at 2900 but the main course isn't even steak =( it is choice of grouper (not even seabass) OR crisy duck breast. That's why I panicked since that is really a big jump.

Well we have no choice but to make it work. =( But it is disappointing.

ninja8

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #431 on: December 06, 2015, 06:57:20 pm »
Normal ba na mag charge separately ang venue for electricity? I was planning on using globelights during the beach reception. Shouldn't electricity be included already in the package? I guess they want me to just use the moon and the stars  ::)

Some does like my venue. If youre going for the non-package, all will be charged ncluding the electrical fee. My venue will charge everything down to the chairs and tables I am bringing in but should still come out cheaper. Haggle when it is near so that they wont easily bite it off if you can. Suppliers tend to give in if you let your magic work and make sure to put it in writing :)

NarsJJ

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #432 on: December 06, 2015, 08:32:38 pm »
^Natawa naman ako sa last sentence mo  ;D ayaw mo nun natural ang lighting. No idea ako about beach reception. Although bigla ko rin naalala na dun sa venue na pinagpartihan ko kapag walang lightings medyo madilim pala talaga ang dating. Eh gusto ko kasi yung lights na mismo ng venue. Yun pala sa pictures ma yellow lang.

hahah baka magkapaan mga guest ko nyan lol i just feel like they're adding things just because  :( i even asked a previous bride from that same venue that had globe lights in her reception and she said that the venue did not charge her separately for electricity.

Some does like my venue. If youre going for the non-package, all will be charged ncluding the electrical fee. My venue will charge everything down to the chairs and tables I am bringing in but should still come out cheaper. Haggle when it is near so that they wont easily bite it off if you can. Suppliers tend to give in if you let your magic work and make sure to put it in writing :)

I did get a whole package although separate package option ang mga chairs which we also purchased. I'm hoping my coordinator will work her magic on this venue pero i feel like just because we dropped our deposit, they're just going to add these random charges  >:(

papemelroti

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #433 on: December 06, 2015, 09:45:16 pm »
^I forgot na the name of the previous caterer mdnextdoor. But the menus were better deals and more reasonably priced. Ive attended an event with the previous caterer servicing it and food wasnt bad.

In fairness to Polo, not all the new menus start at 3k. Their simplest ones start at 1k but only for a 3-course (pumpkin soup, roast chicken, creme brulee) set menu. But the menu we were supposed to get used to be 1765 for a sit-down 6 course menu, including fillet mignon with pasta. Now the similar 6 course menu is priced at 2900 but the main course isn't even steak =( it is choice of grouper (not even seabass) OR crisy duck breast. That's why I panicked since that is really a big jump.

Well we have no choice but to make it work. =( But it is disappointing.


I feel for you sis chili. Actually, fairmont is turning out to be more expensive than what we expected as they increased more than the usual 10% for 2016. Pray then do your best to work around the situation.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #434 on: December 07, 2015, 07:52:51 am »
So sorry to hear this Chili1113 :(

Hay, yesterday I asked my MIL if her friends (which she invited bec that was impt to her, who i dont know) are coming. Aba, coming daw and their kids are requesting if they can also bring along their boyfriends. Since when did it become okay to ask to bring along your boyfriend when you're not even close AT ALL to the couple!?  I told fiance afterwards that the standard reply should be, "okay we'll check if we can still accommodate given the attendance of our guests, we'll get back to you". Seriously may ikakapal pa ba mukha ng mga Pinoys hay.

InquisitorLavellan

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #435 on: December 07, 2015, 08:51:52 am »
Naalala ko pa nga nun wala pa naman sa stage na we are planning, resign na nga ako may mangangatsaw na invite ko raw sila sa wedding ko. Tapos nung reunion naman ng HS ganun rin bigla akong sinabihan nung isang classmate ko, hindi naman ako invited sa kasal niya.


Hahaha! Ganun din ako sis Purple_Power pag nakakita ng friends na nakita yung engagement ko sa facebook, biglang magseself invite. Natatawa na lang ako as a reply  ;D ;D ;D

Nakaka turn off talaga ang self inviting people, lalong ang sarap hindi invite :D

Sis sparklingjewel: My officemate was the same, self invite tapos magdadala ng plus 1 na never namin na meet at ilang months pa lang sila. HUWAATTT?! Ang kapal lang hahaha!

Question mga sis, is it delicadesa to invite someone who invited you to their wedding? I have this officemate na Chinese big ceremony and I guess they can afford to invite a lot of people 300-400 guests. But since we're on a tight budget and can afford less than 200, I have to make room for officemate plus his wife. I'm torn :(

missmac

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #436 on: December 07, 2015, 09:51:07 am »
Hahaha! Ganun din ako sis Purple_Power pag nakakita ng friends na nakita yung engagement ko sa facebook, biglang magseself invite. Natatawa na lang ako as a reply  ;D ;D ;D

Kaloka talaga yang mga Self invite na yan! jusme! recently may mga acquaintances ako na nagsasabi invited ba kami? lols. Yung tipong mga "friends" ay dumadami dahil nagpaparamdam na -invite. hahaha lagi ko nalang sinasabi, Inaayos pa namin yung details. I-pm ko nalang haha  ;D

mikky21

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #437 on: December 07, 2015, 02:15:04 pm »
^sischili1113 3k per head? Wow. 3 persons ko na yan. Haha. Your venue doesnt allow outside caterers ba?

^sis NarsJJ ive never heard of a venue na separate charge pa ang use ng electricity. But thank you for the idea ill ask this when i start looking for a venue na. Hindi kaya akala nila na daytime wedding mo kaya no need for electricity? Pero pano ang speakers, and all.

^sis sparklingjewel aw. Your wedding is this december diba? 2 meetings pa. Baka naman the secretary doesnt relay your message to to your coordinator properly. Kaya walang malay si coordinator na youve been requesting for a meet-up.

^sis inquisitorLavellan hmmm it depends sis. Kasama ba siya sa circle of friends mo na may mga iiinvite ka? If yes i guess kung may mga hindi sigurado sa mga ininvite mo, ilagay mo na lang siya as second option. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #438 on: December 07, 2015, 02:33:52 pm »
InquisitorLavellan: Depends... But if you were invited to their wedding AND you attended, you need to invite them to your wedding too as a courtesy. But if you didn't attend and their wedding was a more than 3 years ago, then perhaps pwede hindi na invited.

mikky21: Unfortunately I am not allowed to get an outside caterer. I can order some items from outside but I have to pay corkage, and order the bulk from the in-house caterer of the venue

The good news is I found out today that old clients who reserved before Nov. 2015, can still order the old menus. There will be price adjustments-- but I really am better off ordering the old menus because there is more food included. I am just hoping that the new menus won't incur a super big increase.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 02:47:06 pm by Chili1113 »

corpse_bride

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 7)
« Reply #439 on: December 07, 2015, 04:13:18 pm »
That's my dilemma too, InquisitorLavellan!  Topic lang namin yan ng friend ko who's getting married as well. Natawa pa kami dun sa isang classmate namin na never na namin nakita or nakausap ulit after highschool yet ang dami niyang invited sa wedding niya nung December. I'm not inviting about 5 friends (& their spouses) coz we lost touch na after (some before) they got married. So pasok pa ko dun sa 3yr rule ni Chili :) but if may extra budget then baka mainvite ko na sila :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close