Author Topic: High End Event Stylists  (Read 19037 times)

ilaydimax

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2015, 01:10:51 am »
Hi sis chili! Glad to hear you booked your event stylist already! Sorry it took me awhile to figure out to send a message. Probi pa ang status ko so i cannot send messages pa pala. But again, im glad you finally decided. you'll now be able to focus on other areas of the wedding preps hehe  ;D

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2015, 01:57:28 pm »
There's a thread for light and sounds here though I'm getting Sensitivity :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2015, 03:59:49 pm »
ilaydimax: That's alright sis! Good luck with your mock-up with Teddy! That's so exciting!!! Ive heard very good reviews about Teddy and my coordinator highly recommends him. He was one of the stylists I was considering

Yes take pictures of your mock-up, I am sure he won't mind. My coordinator posts pictures of her mock-ups with Teddy so Im sure you can take pics. Hehe let's pm each other when you can already send messages =)

z0z

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2015, 08:30:06 pm »
I have a question sa styling, part of my ka-OC-han is I don't like the kinumutang chairs for reception!

I actually want ghost chairs, I'm ok renting them for the event. Do you guys know any suppliers that rent them? I inquired with Ghost Chairs by OliveTree but naloka ako sa pricing 11k ro rent 110 pcs of chairs, pero 12K ang charge bringing them to Tagaytay.

I don't like the imitation ones (sorry, I a fan of Philippe Starck and I respect his designs). Let me know girls if you know a supplier. Thanks!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2015, 08:56:37 pm »
Hi z0z! I think Php100 per chair is the cheapest na. Some charge 120-130 per chair. Would you know sis how much the rental is for mirrored long tables? Im just curious.

Sis, so your venue's standard chairs are those with chair covers? I think even in some hotels up to now this is still their standard chair.

Chairs are one of the things Ive been agonizing about also. The standard ones in my venue are silver gray tiffany chairs. I'm trying to make myself love the chairs haha

 

z0z

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2015, 09:22:08 pm »
^^^

Sadly, I think Taal Vista still use them :( I just saw a recent post in FB from a wedding there, yung chairs una kong napansin.

I told Dave about it, so he'll look for a supplier din daw of chairs. Maybe you can ask Robert about the table, I'll ask Dave din.

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2015, 09:59:03 pm »
Chili, I'm having slight chair regret -- I chose wooden crossbacks which I love (I decided ghost chairs would be too modern for my theme). But my furniture supplier just got these gorgeous new whitewashed tables and I've been thinking about renting them and pairing them with black bentwoods instead. Sigh. But I prefer the crossbacks for the ceremony setup and it would be ridiculous to rent two sets of chairs, lol.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2015, 10:40:04 pm »
sevenstars: are these the chairs you are referring to?

Crossback: https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=wooden+cross+back+chairs&rlz=1C1SNJF_jaPH628PH628&espv=2&biw=1745&bih=861&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIm6vCpuvaxgIVBTGICh1pGwNM#imgrc=Yrag__WxHbcrTM%3A

black bentwood: https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=wooden+cross+back+chairs&rlz=1C1SNJF_jaPH628PH628&espv=2&biw=1745&bih=861&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIm6vCpuvaxgIVBTGICh1pGwNM#tbm=isch&q=black+bentwood+chair&imgrc=CiQmY6p_32tYUM%3A


What finish are the crossback chairs?

I love them both! Are you going for more of a garden theme or a forest theme? Wow you have so many options!! =)

z0z: can you at least choose the color of the chair covers of taal vista? =) And perhaps ask Dave which color will go best with the setup if you are to use white or black?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 10:47:36 pm by Chili1113 »

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2015, 10:55:34 pm »
Who would have thought that there were other people besides me who are sooo much into chairs :)  The first thing I asked KbyC was if they had any other chairs aside from Tiffany.  And they said no. It was already part of their package. But since my venue will not be removing their old tables and chairs so I would still get my request of mismatched chairs.  I know I am one kooky bride :) 😜😜  but  I like bohemian and rustic :)  And old wooden chairs are a rarity these days :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2015, 11:06:11 pm »
I remember when we were discussing our reception with our stylist that I specifically didn't want the kinumutang chairs as well! I wanted to have the ghost chairs, but the husband vehemently protested because of the costs hahaha. So I just decided to compromise since he was okay that we're getting a stylist. In any event, our stylist said that silver Tiffany chairs that we got from at super discounted rates was okay.

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2015, 11:19:55 pm »
Ako din, I don't like kinumutang chairs hehe.  The problem with some venues, the supplies they use are just not tantamount to what they are charging.  I would understand it if the couple are paying so and so amount. But to charge extravagantly, one expects quality, otherwise it is just being plain greedy.

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2015, 12:47:48 am »
Chili, yup, those are the ones! The crossbacks I chose have a natural wood finish. :) I want to evoke a more modern, organic garden feel -- I really want to stay away from the rustic/vintage chic thing so I'm trying to bring in lots of angular/streamlined/geometric elements for contrast.

I felt like the wooden crossbacks were perfect for that, but now that I have the option of bare white tables I can't help but think the black chairs would be so chic. It's funny because I adamantly didn't want any black as part of the colour scheme, lol. That in itself probably means I should stick with my original choice!

z0z, I also really dislike chair covers. That was one of my non-negotiables, hehe.

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2015, 10:23:36 pm »
Hi Chili, that's pretty nga! I've seen a few setups where they've mixed crossbacks and bentwoods -- it's pretty for the reception but I admit I get OC about mixed chairs for ceremony setups hehe :)

gelitorres

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2015, 12:26:41 am »
Hi everyone! I'm new here and would appreciate any help. Would you guys know who did this styling or can you recommend someone who can pull this off? I really love the dainty set up :)

https://www.facebook.com/ForeverydayPhotography/photos/a.664819966985675.1073742098.128922000575477/664820023652336/?type=1&theater

Thanks in advance!! :)

soontobemrsc

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2015, 03:48:31 pm »
Hello miss @Chili1113 I sent you a personal message! =)

mrscreamsoda

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2015, 04:34:56 pm »
Sis, ngayon ko lang nakita tong post mo. Wedding yan ng sis natin here on GT. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2016, 09:38:24 am »
reviving this thread!
Whaaaaaa... have my mockup with Robert Blancaflor later this afternoon. I am anxious hahaha!!! I actually am more excited for this mockup than when I go to my designer to fit my wedding gown. I didn't sleep well at all last night. I will share how it goes later.

shopaholic

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2016, 12:55:51 pm »
Post photos if you can! :-)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2016, 02:41:25 am »
^Here are some pics of my mockup  =) I was super excited earlier when I first saw it, since it is just like I specified. However, I am wondering now if I am going too minimalist?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jt6yjxrx6b4nz0y/AADm1lLGFTKJnvCyOgqvrkGya?dl=0   

Robert will also be adding 8 more votive candles around the table.  He will also provide the table cloth since my venue/caterer's table linens are not so nice hehe
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 09:45:59 am by Chili1113 »

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2016, 08:37:53 am »
^ oh wow. It's perfect! The hydrangeas on the small vase. The hydrangeas with the roses on the tall vase. It's just perfect. You don't have to go lush. Sometimes decadence doesn't equate to elegance. Sometimes less is more.  From what I can see, the ambience is soft and romantic. It's simple yet still stunning. ;D

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close