Author Topic: High End Event Stylists  (Read 18953 times)

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2015, 07:46:38 pm »
sparklingjewel, hehe I don't naman hate the types of greenery on my bawal list. I'm being picky lang because I love greenery and I'm using it heavily in my decor -- I'm aiming for a lush, slightly wild look, so I'm doing full runners of greenery on the tables, plus hanging arrangements over the dance floor, etc.

I don't mind ferns as long as they're used properly -- I actually love maidenhair ferns. I just wanted to make sure my florist steered away from anything too typically tropical, so I asked her not to use any palms, bear grass, monstera, philodendron, etc, and to avoid any bright or light green leaves :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2015, 08:14:29 am »
sparklingjewel, hehe I don't naman hate the types of greenery on my bawal list. I'm being picky lang because I love greenery and I'm using it heavily in my decor -- I'm aiming for a lush, slightly wild look, so I'm doing full runners of greenery on the tables, plus hanging arrangements over the dance floor, etc.

Yours really is the type of wedding i'm going to see in wedding blogs a few months from now. Excited!! Andami mong alam about what looks classy which will definitely work to your benefit! I checked out your venue sis hehe loveee! <3

Chili1113, i personally think the 230k is too much for what you showed me.. kung 230k nadin lang dapat yung mukhang 230k na diba?! With wow factor. The 270k ones are obviously lush and very nice but of course who wants to spend 270k... ugh. Are the midrange stylists you're talking to all bad at communication/ customer service? Isn't there one or two na exception, that you could give a chance to? Excited to hear about your updates after the next few weeks of meeting everyone!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2015, 12:47:32 pm »
sparklingjewel: Hello! There quite a number of mid-range stylists who are easy to talk to and without any bad reviews. However, there really are limitations as to the style and accessories. A mid-range stylist recently quoted me a good price and specified 15 doz roses, 4 doz carnations, 1 doz lisanthus per centerpiece!!! Hehe I think medyo sulit na the price if I will really be getting 20 dozens per centerpiece. But I dunno... his portfolio really doesn't excite me.

Meeting Teddy Manuel and Flowers Unlimited this week!!

« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 12:49:22 pm by Chili1113 »

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2015, 01:31:32 pm »
sparklingjewel, that's so nice of you to say! :) Haha I really hope everything will turn out well. Fingers crossed!

Chili, can you source some of the accessories you want yourself? This is what I did kasi to get closer to my preferred look... I know it seems a bit crazy lol. I think it can work really well though; the devil's in the details, right? ;) I'm bringing in a decent amount of small touches for mine -- small vases (I wanted some unusual ones kasi so I found little hammered/geometric pieces), custom table napkins, that sort of thing.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2015, 01:43:32 pm »
sevenstars: Hehe I wish I could source my own accessories!! =) Problem is Ill be moving into a condo after the wedding and have no idea to store the accessories hehe But I am thinking that could work if I buy the accessories and let guests take them home after. Thanks for the idea!! =) =)

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2015, 02:10:30 pm »
Chili, you can also ask your stylist if she's interested in buying them from you -- I am recouping some of my costs this way hehe. My planner is also purchasing some of my items. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2015, 02:51:56 pm »
sevenstars!! Wow you are so creative and resourceful. Hmmm Thanks so much for the advice =) =)

z0z

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2015, 03:14:07 pm »
Other stylists I considered:

Mike Ruiz - sya pinakamahal na quote, I remember asking him 2014 pa, and he quoted me 220K (discounted na daw yan) and 2013 rates na if I don't book that time it would increase pa. So as early as searching pa lang, nacross out ko na sya.

Gideon - I must admit sya yung first choice ko, but when I inquired, too early daw, kailangan 1 year before the wedding before daw they entertain. Came one year before the wedding, when I checked his recent works (medyo chaka! no offense to Gideon brides ha, this is my personal opinion). Like yung wedding ni Yeng ba yun, for me it's cartolina levels. Then yung wedding ni Toni, yung flower wall is like poor-man's Kimye wedding flower wall. So I didn't bother inquiring again because of creative differences.

dolphine

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2015, 06:47:09 pm »
Locally they're widely used in floral arrangements for the dead...
Just to add pala no to Chrysanthemums also!!! hehe same reason! z0z and Chili1113 :)

Hi sparklingjewel, yaiks!!! I didn't know that they are widely used for the dead :( Somehow I'm okay pa naman with a little mums and calla lily.. I do like carnations though...

hi dolphine: yes sparklingjewel said it right teehee. Also some florists kasi they make daya and use super cheap flowers like Alstromeria that only cost 50 pesos per bunch in Dangwa. So for me naman, Alstromeria is OK but not if the florist will charge thousands and thousands for a single arrangement.


Hi sis Chili! Ohh.. you made a very good point there! I don't know much about the specific kinds of flowers... Other than carnations, roses, tulips (very expensive), which flowers are good to have?
I may have to revisit the contract that I have with the florist after this... :D

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2015, 07:03:35 pm »
sis dolphine: Actually ok lang naman those flowers especially if the florist is good and arranges it well. As long as the price is right of course =) There are some stylists that get away with it, or use it as fillers. =)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2015, 08:36:19 pm »
^sevenstars Ibang level ka talaga =) You're my idol bride here! Hehe and your beautiful wedding im sure.

^dolphine I like carnations also...ang allergic lang talaga ako is gerberas, mums, alstromeria and chrysanthemums hehe all of this I told my caterer and florist not to use. Tama rin si Chili1113 sometimes kasi stylists will try to get away with doing a cheapo setup with cheapo flowers e mahal mahal ng binayad natin so kung pwede naman to tell them to avoid these flowers then good for us :)

prettychels

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2015, 09:11:54 pm »
Good luck Chili1113 on your meeting with Teddy! My posts here got approved after 2 days! Just check out my post last June 25th re Dave :)

tan.denise54

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2015, 09:28:33 am »
Does anyone know the rates of Dra Nikki Chato? Sorry I'm not sure if she's considered high end but I love her works! :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2015, 09:38:42 am »
Hi denise. She gave me a wild estimate of 180k or a bit higher last year. Never got to meet her though because I booked another stylist so I wouldn't know her exact quotation for us. :)

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2015, 11:38:19 am »
dolphine, I agree with the others -- a lot of "cheap" flowers can be used beautifully. For example mums get a super bad rap and I dislike most of them, but jumbo football mums can be a great way to add texture and spider mums work well in modern arrangements. I'm actually using white bougainvillea in some of my decor; a lot of people think of it as a "bakod" plant but it's very cost-effective for a draping or hanging arrangement. Just make sure that the florists are skillful enough to use the flowers well, and that they aren't overcharging you if they're using less expensive flowers.

sparklingjewel, hehe you're too sweet! Diba you're having your stylist actually fabricate things for you from scratch? Ikaw ata yung ibang level :D

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2015, 12:20:38 pm »
Hi Ladies.

Is there anyone you can recommend for 100K budget florist and stylist? That includes na bridal bouquet for entourage, buttoniers and reception styling. But simple yet elegant.  Or talagang 150K-250k up na budget for that.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2015, 02:39:55 pm »
msdiane: How many guests do you have sis?

For 100k budget you can try the ff: Gina Galang, Flowers Unlimited, Tropical Blooms, Love in Blooms, Scenta Creations, Mr Hardinero, Those are mid-range stylists. Unfortunately for high-end you will need about 150 k up for the reception alone. Iba pa the church and bouquets.

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2015, 04:00:18 pm »
Around 250 guests my dear.

100K budget. Sa church hiwalay pa kasi Sanctuario De San Antonio has their own florist. 10-25K pa daw yun. I didn't know flowers and record would costs too much :s

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2015, 05:01:02 pm »
Thanks Chili.

I will consider them.

I'll be getting full coordination ni Kutchie sila nalang magkulit bayad naman sila for that.

Nag back read ako now here sa GT super helpful and budgeting at the same time para pag meet namin sa coordinator alam niya saan lang budget range. I will try to research pa as much as I can din.  I'm an overseas bride kasi hirap din and stress din ako na tao.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2015, 06:17:45 pm »
I think I am going to take the plunge and go with a high-end stylist!

Met with Robert and I just gave him my budget left it up to him to come up with something. Based on our conversation though, the reason why I am leaning towards choosing Robert is that the budget will already include the ceiling treatment/decor. Whereas Dave's proposal uses just draping. I will need to add another 30-50k for ceiling drama and upgraded VIP table flowers, which I cannot afford anymore.

Also I let Robert decide on the color scheme and got excited with his idea of using different shades of greens and purples-mauve and lavander. He also said that almost all flowers will be imported varieties. The super BIG plus for me is that about two months after we sign the contract, his staff will prepare a rendered perspective of the setup with superimposed images on the picture of the actual venue.

I just have to wait and see the proposal to really see what he plans to do with the venue!! Then I'll get to really finally decide if it will be Dave or Robert.

WHEW!! This now finally ends months of having to meet different stylists, which is actually starting to be so tiring. I can't believe I am even more excited for this than my wedding gown haha!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close