watch now

Author Topic: For those have had sessions with a psychiatrist, what advice helped you?  (Read 12800 times)

adrian

  • Guest
Hi ulit mga sis,

The last time nag-post ako it was here, http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,289967.0.html

Since then medyo nag-worsen na yung experience ko-- to the point that I broke down and cried to my mom. I also looked up yung mga psychiatrists na nirecommend dito sa thread http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,219323.0.html

I called Dr. Carmela Encarnacion but full-up siya today, so I'm mustering my courage for next week. I'm aware na may generalized anxiety ako, and depression, so even if it makes me nervous and apprehensive at the thought of talking to a total stranger about, well -- di ko na talaga kaya eh.

I need help, and while waiting for next week I'm preparing myself by trying to be more informed, kaya I'm asking here.

What I'm doing now is cutting out caffeine and too much sugar (nakaka-contribute daw kasi to anxiety). I still take B-complex and VCO, will start on iron supplements soon. Kung may recommendations kayo on affordable supplements and vitamins, I'd very much appreciate them.

For those of you who have had sessions with a psychiatrist, what do you need to prepare for? if it's not too intrusive, what advice was shared with you that helped?





au_chic

  • Guest
Hello ^_^


Psychiatrists don't just prescribe anti-anxiety meds and give advice; they also do psychotherapy which will greatly augment the management of your condition :)


Look for someone who is a UP-PGH Department of Psychiatry graduate, as they are trained to do psychotherapy as well. The following are a few of them:


St. Lukes:
Dr. Alma Jimenez


The Medical City:
Dr. Eric Cruz
Dr. Michael Sionzon
Dr. Joseph Anlacan


Don Santiago Building in front of PGH/FMAB:
Dr. Liecel Trinidad-Fulgencio
Dr. Benjamin Vista (also practices in Asian Hospital)
Dr. Anselmo Tronco
Dr. Marissa De Guzman
Dr. Aileen Nepomuceno


Manila Doctors Hospital:
Dr. Paul Lee


Alternatively, you can call the PGH office to ask for their clinic schedules:
554-8400 local 2306






charmedwitch776

  • Guest
Been through psych. Hindi nya ako binigyan ng meds but more of therapy...talk talk talk! It helped a lot. Sabi nya hindi sya basta basta nagbibigay ng anti depressant because some people abuse it.

Anyway's best advise given to me is that I have to go through process, hindi pwede skip and it's okay to cry and not to be strong.

Mukha silang madaling gawin kasi diba sa mga movies ganon naman pero sobrang hirap pala...tapos she advise me to do mind exercise parang internalizing. Close my eyes, think of one beautiful thing  to focus your mind and just rest. Total blank space and only that one thing on you mind. Ako either butterfly or candle iniisip ko then marealize ko nalang nakatulog na ako pero super relax. ;)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 01:23:56 am by charmedwitch776 »

adrian

  • Guest
Dapat bang magbaon ng maraming tissue? Serious question. I mean, even thinking about going is making me nervous...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 01:56:04 pm by adrian »

au_chic

  • Guest
^psychiatrists usually have facial tissue ready on the table, as it is expected that feelings will be talked about :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close