watch now

Author Topic: How to help develop Kid's confidence?  (Read 1026 times)

momentum

  • Guest
How to help develop Kid's confidence?
« on: June 09, 2015, 08:04:02 am »
Hello fellow mommies. Just needed some advice

I'm a single mom and my daughter is turning 6 soon. She just started school last week in Grade 1. I transferred her to a bigger school because mas confident ako with their standards kesa sa previous school niya na maliit lang and ang daming issues with the attitude ng may-ari. Anyway, I wanted my daughter to grow, expand her social skills and views, kaya eto, nasa bigger school na siya now. From 9 classmates sa previous school, to 20 classmates now sa new school.

Challenge nga lang kasi she doesn't have any friends yet. I know in time naman she will like it there and gain friends. Kaso it has been 4 days already since she started, umiiyak parin siya each time and ayaw niya pumasok sa loob ng classroom..it takes a while before she adjusts and goes inside, but she still cries and doesn't want her yaya to leave her, or ako kapag ako yung naghahatid. Pero once naman nakausap na siya ng class advisor niya, mejo sumusunod na siya and we can leave her na. Yun nga lang we have to stay minsan until recess time, just to make sure..nakaka awa rin kasi. Siya lang umiiyak sa mga classmates niya..yung iba nga pagkahatid eh iniiwan na at hindi issue sa kanila, even if new students rin sila duon.

Hirap kasi she is the only kid sa house. so wala siyang kalaro..minsan lang pumupunta ate ko duon with her daughter but age gap rin nila is 4yrs. yung kid's neighbor namin minsan lang din lumabas ng bahay..and some of the kids sa ibang neighbor namin eh aloof, maybe coz mas matanda sa kanya and lalake. Hay, paano ba madevelop confidence niya? to not be shy and make friends? when I brought her to school yesterday, pinakilala ko sa kanya yung mga seatmates niya and started conversations with them, pero hindi pinapansin ng daughter ko, maybe coz nahihiya pa siya. Pero minsan naiisip ko, buti pa yung mga kids na yun, confident makipag usap sakin even if they just met me..parang wala silang bahid ng shyness. Paano ba mga sis?

Thanks in advance :)

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: How to help develop Kid's confidence?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 03:32:17 pm »
I think it depends on the child's personality, some children are naturally shy and really take time to make friends. I was a really shy kid as well and had a handful of friends lang.

Maybe try to help her along - when you take her to school, introduce her to some of her schoolmates and encourage them to play? Was she able to make friends in pre-school? Do you take her to social activities outside of school -ie. parks, gymboree, etc? Maybe she needs more exposure?

momentum

  • Guest
Re: How to help develop Kid's confidence?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 05:21:01 pm »
Since Thursday last week she had improved already. It was really just the beginning ceremony (bayang magiliw etc) that was making her cry.. Altho she used to do that in her previous school.

She doesn't cry anymore and has made a few friends since then. Yeah we encouraged her to make friends, and I even started the conversation as what I stated on my first post. Yes she had friends in her other school. I don't bring much to those playgrounds.. Minsan lang. Usually kasi mga bata duon laging may sakit kaya I don't always bring her there.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close