Author Topic: Bridal Registry  (Read 6888 times)

dolphine

  • Guest
Bridal Registry
« on: June 05, 2015, 11:39:47 am »
Hi B2Bs!

Are you availing any bridal registry services? If yes, which ones can you recommend? :)

Thanks! :)

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Bridal Registry
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 01:16:20 pm »
We registered at Rustans and are thinking of Gourdo's or SM. I really like the service at Rustans even though I'm sure SM has more options. (I have a feeling making a gift selection in SM will be chaotic because of the number of people who go!)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Bridal Registry
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 01:34:16 pm »
We registered at Rustan's as well primarily because they had most of the items that I wanted. Some have multiple registries, but I didn't want to. Naguguluhan ako. Hehe. Others register in SM for the convenience of their guests --- especially when a lot of their guests will be coming from the province.

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Bridal Registry
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 01:46:35 pm »
I just called Gourdo's - they don't offer the gift delivery service so I'm crossing them out! I am still thinking if we should include SM pa.

Caleeice, what's the price range of small appliances (toaster, microwave, blender, etc.) at Rustan's? I wasn't able to check when I went around last weekend...I was distracted by the linens and flatware! Hehe.

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Bridal Registry
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 02:20:20 pm »
Yeah, better if they deliver the gifts! That's also what I liked about Rustan's because it was super convenient.

Reese, I'm not the best person to ask about that because we only got 2 small appliances. Hahaha! The only ones we got were microwave oven for 10k and electric kettle for 1.5k. Most of the items that we listed were for the bedroom kasi. Hehe!

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Bridal Registry
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 03:11:42 pm »
^ haha, no worries. SM registry apparently delivers as well and can extend the same 10% discount for purchases! I'm thinking of listing small appliances with SM nalang since there are more options there. :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Bridal Registry
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 03:34:06 pm »
^That's true for small appliances sis. Actually nobody purchased the 2 small appliances that we listed. Hahaha! ;D Most gave cash and beddings hehe :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Bridal Registry
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 01:07:50 am »
Question lang, since Rustan's generally has a bigger markup on everything is it actually wiser to make SM your gift registry? How early do we have to register to a registry?

Not planning to even have one at all sana but for practicality's sake na walang duplicates we might as well :(

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Bridal Registry
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 06:35:59 am »
I think it depends on the items that you want. In our case, we got Rustan's because I wanted to replace my husband's beddings and also because we don't need small appliances. I also think that it's more convenient for our guests, next to SM anyway. We chose our items in April for our June wedding because we had to include the registry cards when we distributed our invitations in May :)

I highly suggest getting a registry. We know somebody who didn't --- they got 7 rice cookers hehe. They can't even sell any of those because bawal daw.

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Bridal Registry
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 09:05:07 am »
sparklingjewel, you can register online at SM and then make your gift selection at the branch of your choice. Rustans told me my gift selection will be scheduled 1-1.5 months before the actual wedding :)

My parents are still trying to convince me to go with Gourdo's since they have really nice items daw for the kitchen and I love to cook. I can have a scheduled pick up nalang daw for the gifts. Just need to check if they have small appliances...

So thinking Rustans for bedroom, bath and formal flatware then Gourdo's for kitchen and everyday flatware :)

shrek250190

  • Guest
Re: Bridal Registry
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 10:09:17 am »
Hi mga sis question lang about registry.  May babayaran ba akong fee sa rustan's, gourdo, or sm to register sa gift registry nila?  Nagiisip kami kung magpaparegistry kami.  hehe

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Bridal Registry
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 10:16:54 am »
^ no fee shrek250190! It's free :)

dolphine

  • Guest
Re: Bridal Registry
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2015, 05:38:46 pm »
Hi sis !!!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts :)

I was thinking of getting Rustan's for the stuffs for the kitchen and Gourdo's for beddings. I was just a little disappointed that Gourdo's doesn't offer delivery. It'll be a bit inconvenient to pick up the gifts on the store.

How about Crate and Barrel? or Pottery Barn? Has anyone tried getting them? :)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 05:40:28 pm by dolphine »

galatea_spheres

  • Guest
Re: Bridal Registry
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2015, 08:01:57 pm »
I did my gift registry in Rustans and SM. I opted to include SM for the convenience of most guests since there are so many branches and the items are a little more affordable than Rustans. However, I found that Rustans offers better service (actually no surprise there) because they offer free delivery for all gifts while SM only offers free delivery for those items bought at the branch where you registered. I just had this experience kasi wherein 1 of our guests bought us a gift (a rice cooker) in SM Megamall but did not bring the gift with her and did not pay for the delivery fee. Since I registered in SM Makati, the only option daw for me was to pick it up at Megamall (I offered to pay for the delivery fee na lang but they told me I had to pay for that in Megamall din...ang labo di ba?!). I dont ever go to Megamall because its so far from me so the rice cooker is still there and most probably will remain there LOL

edna_mode

  • Guest
Re: Bridal Registry
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2015, 08:36:09 pm »
I like the fact that Rustans can deliver the gifts to the address you specified in the info sheet, and added bonus yung free "registry information cards" which you can include in your invites. Although, "no-no" ang mag include ng information about registries in your invites! hehe As for us, we wont be able to use na the gift registry info cards since we've already sent out the invites but they are very pretty and foil stamped pa.

Another registry to consider is an online one. Well, for our circle of friends and families, some live abroad na, loves the idea of Honeymoon/Online Registries.  Kaya most have online registries pag kinakasal kase groups of people can contribute in buying high-ticket items for the couple.  Pinaka recent na ginawa namin 'to is for a friend who got married last year. We pooled our money and bought their Mykonos Honeymoon Trip for them :) Before that naman, we contributed to the European Cruise tour naman for another friend who got married :)  Just be aware of the fees when signing up for online wedding registries.  Or if you're techie enough, you can just set one up by yourself using PayPal payment service :)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 12:31:48 am by edna_mode »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Bridal Registry
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2015, 12:17:19 am »
sparklingjewel, you can register online at SM and then make your gift selection at the branch of your choice. Rustans told me my gift selection will be scheduled 1-1.5 months before the actual wedding :)

Hmm isn't this a bit late? We're planning to send out round 1 of the invites 2-3 months before, and round 2 about 1-1.5 months before. If there are registry cards to be included mejo late na sya.

Anyway im really not decided whether we want a registry like this na traditional or yung honeymoon one pwede din kasi!

dolphine

  • Guest
Re: Bridal Registry
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2015, 12:00:35 pm »
I like the fact that Rustans can deliver the gifts to the address you specified in the info sheet, and added bonus yung free "registry information cards" which you can include in your invites. Although, "no-no" ang mag include ng information about registries in your invites! hehe As for us, we wont be able to use na the gift registry info cards since we've already sent out the invites but they are very pretty and foil stamped pa.


Hi sis, I'm just curious, why "no-no" mag-include ng information about registries sa invites?

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Bridal Registry
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2015, 12:14:54 pm »
Personally, I don't find anything wrong with putting registry cards together with the invitations. How would guests know if you don't put one in? Hehe. :) We just placed the complimentary cards inside the invitation envelope.

rightback

  • Guest
Re: Bridal Registry
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2015, 12:20:24 pm »
sis edna_mode which sites did they use for the online registry?

My friend's cousin advised me to have Rustan's rgistry. If duplicate yung item or you decided no to accept the guests choice item you can exchange it daw for GCs instead. But I'm not so sure about this. We're still thinking of not doing a registry since we only need an additional 2 sets of bed sheets and that's it. But yes SM has a lot of more practical choices compared to Rustans but lesser headache nga for the latter. And good to know that SM only delivers purchases from the branch you registered. I'm pretty sure half of our guests will buy from the province so extra hassle siya.

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Bridal Registry
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 03:39:56 pm »
sparklingjewel, I'm sure if you explain your plan to send invites earlier they will accommodate you. :)

edna_mode, thanks for the feedback on the SM gift registry. Because of that, I'm leaning towards Rustan's and Gourdo's! :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close