watch now

Author Topic: I NEED CAREER GUIDANCE :(  (Read 8154 times)

kwang sun

  • Guest
I NEED CAREER GUIDANCE :(
« on: June 04, 2015, 10:08:41 am »
I am in a point of my life where I don't know where my career is heading. I would really want to have an onlinejob but unfortunately pahirapan siya eh.. lol. I want to take up a new short course but I have plans going abroad and my sister is already there , for me I am just waiting for her to get me but I know ,amalayo pa yun. help !! what to do????

ilove090509

  • Guest
Re: I NEED CAREER GUIDANCE :(
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 10:34:05 am »
pareho tayo sis, hindi ko din alam kung anong gusto kong mangyari sa career ko. Am getting married this september, ang usapan namin ni h2b huwag muna ko lumipat ng work, dahil baka mahirapan ako sa sabay sabay na adjustment. Ang kaso hindi na stable tong company ko ngayon, mukang magsasara na in few more months. Hindi ko na alam anong gagawin, sobrang nakakatamad na pumasok.. Kaso whenever am thinking kung ano naman ang career na aapplayan ko if i resign, hindi ko naman maidentify kung ano talaga.... Waaaaaaaa :-X :'(

applejy

  • Guest
Re: I NEED CAREER GUIDANCE :(
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 12:30:23 pm »
why you don't know where your career is heading to? if i were you, try to apply in a call center if you really need a job? :)

Girltalker2

  • Guest
Re: I NEED CAREER GUIDANCE :(
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 11:10:30 pm »
TS, ano plan mong gawin abroad? I mean anong job plan mo apply-an once you get there with your sis?
Was asking kasi you might want to pursue online studies if anything that would be relevant sa gusto mong work abroad.

kwang sun

  • Guest
Re: I NEED CAREER GUIDANCE :(
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 07:09:55 am »
why you don't know where your career is heading to? if i were you, try to apply in a call center if you really need a job? :)

sis wala sa heart ko ang call center haha.. I want a job that I would really love yung hindi lang for money sake

momentum

  • Guest
Re: I NEED CAREER GUIDANCE :(
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 07:32:32 am »
I wouldn't suggest working in a call center. It's a dead end.

Try to find out what you are passionate about. and work from there..develop that skill..then put into action. Example..if you love doing yoga..and have that passion to teach others..why not enroll on a yoga teaching course..then get a certification para Certified Yoga Instructor ka na  :D then start small from there...start offering yoga classes sa neighbors mo..papatok yan lalo sa mga busy people not having the time to go to the gym..then pretty soon kapag dumami na clients mo and you have the money na, you can open a studio na :)

something like that..or catering..or tutoring..basta find what it is that you are passionate about and develop that skill  :D

Project60

  • Guest
Re: I NEED CAREER GUIDANCE :(
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 08:25:52 am »
ouch naman sa dead end ang call center :)
Lahat naman ng jobs ngayon pwede maging dead end hindi lang call center - depende nalang yan sa business need, luck at perseverance mo.. dami naman nagiging TL, OM, etc.

When i finished college di ko alam gusto ko so I applied in a call center to be an agent then I quit after 3 months dahil ang hirap pala niya. Yes, i passed the training pero emotionally & physically mahirap siya. After that I applied as a psychometrician still in a call center kasi yun yung unang tumawag sa dami ng mixed roles na inapplyan ko. While doing my job naadmire ko yung mga recruiter so then I got promoted at tuloy tuloy na career ko in recruitment although now wala na ko sa call center.

dami kong side story pero I guess what im trying to say is - Mag try ka lang ng mag try and when I say try - i mindset mo sa sarili mo na it's not for the money lang. Kasi the more that you think na it's just for the money the more na hindi ka magtratry mag excel. Ano man pasukan mo try mo mag excel at in time maeenjoy mo sya. DI naman lahat ng bagay magiging gusto mo at passionate ka about. Sa hirap ng buhay ngayon swerte ka na if you really like your job :P May nabasa din ako na kung sakaling priority mo kumita for your needs or family eto daw gawin mo: Don't find a job that you'll be passionate about mafrufrustrate ka lang kasi walang perfect job so find a job that can pay for your passions...


momentum

  • Guest
Re: I NEED CAREER GUIDANCE :(
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 08:59:11 am »
You have a point when you said na "find a job that can pay for your passions"
since mahirap nga naman makahanap ng work ngayon pero why not try nalang muna whatever it is you are good at..then if wala talaga eh di duon ka nalang sa job that pays for your passion  :P

I work in an in-house call center since 2009 and it really feels like a dead end for me..yah pwde ka ma-promote and all to TL and whatever but that's it..your work is puro routine lang talaga...unless type mo ang routine work then go ahead :) pls take note that this is from my experience and from my former office mates na from agent to TL to OM and ending lagi is nagsawa na kasi paulit-ulit lang lahat at "nakaka-b0b0" daw :P pero kanya kanya naman tayo..I guess it really depends nalang sa tao talaga

I'm still here because I have not found a day job that pays as much or better than my current job. kaya what I'm doing now is nag sisideline ako which is in connection to one of my skills..para hopefully kapag lumakas na talaga sideline ko and be able to support me and our needs eh makakapag resign na ako sa industry na ito.

if you can't think of anything that you are passionate about..then maybe know what skills do you have..may ibang skills kasi na madalas we are good at but not necessarily passionate about using it..sayang naman diba if you can earn naman money from it..if you don't know ano skills mo then expose yourself to different skills out there and see if you can find something that interests you and hopefully you will be good at and can make money out of it rin. Good luck TS :)

Project60

  • Guest
Re: I NEED CAREER GUIDANCE :(
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 09:38:53 am »
Okay yang tactic mo momentum :)
Call center + doing something that you like.
Routine man but it pays the bills and you still have to pursue a sideline ma medyo bet mo :)
Sana in the future lahat tayo magkaron ng super duper like natin na work so it wouldn't feel like work for in the mean time i wish for everyone to have a job that's financially rewarding, may work life balance and can lead to future opportunities that can lead us to what we really want. :)

momentum

  • Guest
Re: I NEED CAREER GUIDANCE :(
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 10:09:51 am »
oo nga sis sana lahat tayo makarating jan hehe
Good luck to all of us..basta ipon ka sis kwang sun habang maaga..di bale na mejo nabobored ka sa work or whatever as long as you are able to save and pay for your necessities..in the long run lalaki savings mo basta disciplined ka sa gastos mo and then you will be able to pursue something na fulfilling sayo  :D

Jcblue

  • Guest
Re: I NEED CAREER GUIDANCE :(
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 09:03:00 pm »
Ako naman meron akong social anxiety at avoidant personality disorder ..takot ako sa ibang tao-dahilan ng pagpalipat lipat ko ng work,di ko na nga napursue yung pagiging programmer ..Iniisip ko nun total loser ako ..nagaral ng baking computer hardware servicing ..wala naman ako nakuha na work about dun ..nag data encoder ,,tapos nagka panic disorder 2 years walang work hanggang sa natuto ako magonline work ..may permanent job na sana kasu inaway ko yung boss until isa na lang natira sa online job..actually encoding pa rin yun online job ko..

2013, nagmeds ako sa panic disorder til now nagmemeds ako..narealize ko gusto ko maging graphic artist..ngayung 2015 pinupursue ko na sya ..magstart na ako sa work

Sana mahanap mo din hilig mo

Tinining

  • Guest
Re: I NEED CAREER GUIDANCE :(
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2015, 04:15:39 am »
Buti nga kayo may work experience kahit paano, eh kamusta naman yung mga wala talaga? :) Ako hirap na hirap maghanap ng work. Pasa ng resume dito, pasa doon. I really regret those times na dapat nagwork na ko kaso mas inuna ko yung pagrerebelde ko sa father ko nun. After 1 and a half year, naglawschool ako. full time student. Nagstop ng 1 year pero bumalik ulit. Ngayong need ko na talaga ng work, wala ba kong mahanap. Ang hirap makipagkumpitensya sa mga fresh grads at may experience. hay. May times sobrang nalulungkot na ko pag yung pinapasahan ko ng resume eh di naman nagpaparamdam.

argento

  • Guest
Re: I NEED CAREER GUIDANCE :(
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2015, 04:36:00 am »
maaarte kasi HR dito.

kwang sun

  • Guest
Re: I NEED CAREER GUIDANCE :(
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 09:36:32 pm »
Ako naman meron akong social anxiety at avoidant personality disorder ..takot ako sa ibang tao-dahilan ng pagpalipat lipat ko ng work,di ko na nga napursue yung pagiging programmer ..Iniisip ko nun total loser ako ..nagaral ng baking computer hardware servicing ..wala naman ako nakuha na work about dun ..nag data encoder ,,tapos nagka panic disorder 2 years walang work hanggang sa natuto ako magonline work ..may permanent job na sana kasu inaway ko yung boss until isa na lang natira sa online job..actually encoding pa rin yun online job ko..

2013, nagmeds ako sa panic disorder til now nagmemeds ako..narealize ko gusto ko maging graphic artist..ngayung 2015 pinupursue ko na sya ..magstart na ako sa work

Sana mahanap mo din hilig mo





omg sis!!! same tayo ng (sakit ba yun) whatever you may call it i have that that's why nahihirapan ako hanap ng work... ironic nga eh last work ko is pure m pakikisalamuha sa mga tao

fittotravel

  • Guest
Re: I NEED CAREER GUIDANCE :(
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2015, 02:09:48 pm »
Tama sila, find that one thing you're most passionate about and make a career out of it.  ;)

I have 2 friends who tread a different path after achieving what they thought would be their lifelong career/commitment. One became a ballerina (she's now part of Ballet Philippines) and the other started a career being a yoga instructor based overseas. Hanga ako sa courage at passion nila!  :D

Ako, lito pa rin sa career choices na gusto kong i-pursue.

By the way, all of us are licensed medical doctors.

 ;D

purple.strawberry

  • Guest
Re: I NEED CAREER GUIDANCE :(
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 06:46:52 pm »
Hi sis I was in a similar situation before. Okay naman work ko but I wasn't happy and then di ko din alam saan pupunta if lilipat. Some people are lucky na yung jobs nila is yung passion talaga nila, but if that's not the case for you, like others mentioned before me hanap ka ng job that will pay for your passion, for example, travelling or other hobbies.

Try mo din sis ilista yung mga things that you're good at. Art, math, science, managing people, communication, photography, whatever that is. Start from there. Isipin mo what career you can make out of your talents.

If nahihirapan ka mag-isip find your clarity point. Lahat tayo merong activities na ginagawa that clears our mind. For some that's jogging or running. For me it's walking and pagtatahi. :p

Lastly sis try lang ng try. If you feel like taking a new course and wala ka naman problema sa resources then do so. Sa simula wag ka muna pasilaw sa pera but focus on what you find enjoyable.

MsIndependent

  • Guest
Re: I NEED CAREER GUIDANCE :(
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 05:04:47 pm »
Haay. Nainspire nman ako sa mga pots dito. I'm a bus.course fresh grad and I would say nadidepress na ako dahil after 1month na job hunting, unemployed pa rin ako. Big risk na sakin ang desisyong magwork dito sa manila. I graduated w/ honors, di ko inaasa dun ang magiging flow ng paghahanap ko ng work, pero I didn't expect na ganito katagal. Masyado na akong inactive. Iniiyak ko nlang. Nag-iisip na rin nga akong mag-apply sa mga jobs na hindi related sa field ko.

kwang sun

  • Guest
Re: I NEED CAREER GUIDANCE :(
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2015, 12:39:10 pm »
Tama sila, find that one thing you're most passionate about and make a career out of it.  ;)

I have 2 friends who tread a different path after achieving what they thought would be their lifelong career/commitment. One became a ballerina (she's now part of Ballet Philippines) and the other started a career being a yoga instructor based overseas. Hanga ako sa courage at passion nila!  :D

Ako, lito pa rin sa career choices na gusto kong i-pursue.

By the way, all of us are licensed medical doctors.

 ;D

mas madali at marami talagang options sis pag wealthy ka or financially capable. I can pursue the one I want to do coz of financial reasons din.. and second  WALA AKONG LICENSE haha.. dun ko lang narealize ang hirap mag hanap ng work ng walang lisensya.. kahit naman course ko eh hindi need ng license but still haaaii...

JAZRINA

  • Guest
Re: I NEED CAREER GUIDANCE :(
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2015, 03:39:41 pm »
@MsIndependent - ok lang yan. I remember nung nagstart pa lang din ako maghanap ng work, more than 2 months bago ako nakahanap at sa isang small auditing firm pa ako natanggap. Halos mapudpod ang sapatos ko kakalakad sa makati area to think na CPA ako at graduate with honors sa isang state U sa Manila. :) Halos mawalan na ako ng pag-asa. But that didn't stop me. I used those experiences to improve my skills and to land a better paying job.

As to career, until now, hindi ko pa rin alam ang gusto ko. It's hard to find a job that you want if you're a breadwinner because you have a lot of things to consider. As what other sissies here said, look for a job that can pay for your passion. In my opinion only few people are lucky enough to land their dream job (plus dream pay).  :)

reighnyielle

  • Guest
Re: I NEED CAREER GUIDANCE :(
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2015, 04:32:48 pm »
When I was an intern in Manila Bulletin dati, one of the staffs there celebrated her birthday in the office so everyone was invited including interns and other employees from other departments. When someone asked her what her wish was, she responded that she wants to find out what her true calling in life is and her response made me realize that I also want to find out my purpose in life and that is to do something that I'm truly passionate about. As for now, I'm doing something that is line with my degree and I'm going to use my experience in my current job right now to land the job of my dreams in the future.   

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close