Author Topic: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)  (Read 65939 times)

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #440 on: April 17, 2016, 06:46:58 pm »
@chili1113 thanks :) I might do the same.  Hair colour 8-10 days prior to the wedding. That probably is the most logical.

I asked my hmua for this. sabi nya 1 month before daw magpakulay na ko. tapos touch up mga few days before.

Safe pa kaya yun sa hair? I mean in a span of 3 weeks, magpapa touch up na kaagad? baka masira ng bongga si hair ko. Rebonded pa naman.

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #441 on: April 18, 2016, 10:09:46 am »
^Malapit na ba wedding mo? Alam ko kasi not recommended magpakulay kapag rebonded ang hair (according to my stylist sa salon).. Kung matagal pa naman maybe you could forego muna this time yung pagpaparebond ulit para pag dating ng wedding time ok na siguro mapakulayan :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #442 on: April 19, 2016, 01:49:29 am »
As promised... I am going to share my RF experience earlier.

I went with a friend of mine to this skin clinic in Libis. The prices are as follows: Arms-1k, Face-1k, tummy-1.5k

I tried it on my arms and tummy =) Their RF machine is the old fashioned one where you have to lie down on a metal plate, and the hand instrument used is like a flat metal disk that heats up. I felt a slight tightening on the skin maybe for like 2-3 hours after. Then after that, no effect whatsoever.

They said you won't feel a change in the 1st session. But to me, how much change can there be in 5-10 sessions? Surely, not super dramatic since the 1st session felt like nothing happened. PLUS the recommend you do it 1-2x/week. My gosh that's so much time and effort. Hahah I think I would rather just use that time to exercise.

On the other side of the coin, I did purchase a refirme session at VMV for my face. But its a bit costly at 9k/session. I have tried 2 sessions.

After the 1st session, there was an immediate lifting that could be felt. The doc did it on one side of my face first and the skin seen tighter and jawline a TINY bit slimmer right away. Then I tried it again for a second time after 1 month, and this time I felt the effect more. For me this is much more effective, however I don't know if it is worth the expense. So I think I will not do the refirme again Im OK with the slight tightening I got with 2 sessions.

This is the same machine they used on me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1NnAitoxSM
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 01:53:37 am by Chili1113 »

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #443 on: April 19, 2016, 09:33:21 am »
Thanks for the review, Chili1113! I will also share mine once Im done.

I also found a derma whos offering RF for face and neck at P1500. Her machine I think is similar to the one you used in libis. They attach differently sized flat disks at their hand instrument depending on the area to be targeted. Its called Therma Wave II, anyone familiar? Anyway, I didnt go through the procedure since Im already scheduled with Skin House this weekend.   

Tubby

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #444 on: April 20, 2016, 12:36:58 am »
Hi guys. :) Just wanted to ask, gaano dapat kaaga (or ka-late) magpa colour ng hair prior to wedding?  I normally do my own hair colour pero since I'll be going home, I plan to have it professionally done. Would 1.5 week prior to the wedding he okay? Mabilis kasi humaba yung hair ko, natatakot ako na if before 2 weeks eh makikita na yung roots ko. What do you guys think?

It depends on how "brave" you are. :) Seriously - if there are not bad incidents in the past okay lang kahit a few days before the wedding. I was planning 2 weeks before the wedding but I was so busy so I ended having my color 2 days before the wedding!

I also had my threading (eyebrows and upper lip) 3 days before the wedding and eto yung regret ko ng konti since I had small bumps in the area.

itsKat!

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #445 on: April 20, 2016, 07:23:57 pm »
Thanks for the review Chili1113!

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #446 on: April 20, 2016, 09:07:53 pm »
^Malapit na ba wedding mo? Alam ko kasi not recommended magpakulay kapag rebonded ang hair (according to my stylist sa salon).. Kung matagal pa naman maybe you could forego muna this time yung pagpaparebond ulit para pag dating ng wedding time ok na siguro mapakulayan :)


July 25 pa naman ako sis. Last year septemer pa ako nagpa rebond, up to now straight pa naman sya, may konti un-noticeable re growth lang. Di naman ako magpapa rebond ulit. Color lang sa July 2 tapos re growth sa July 22. Is it fine?


Sis Chili plan ko din magpa RF sa face or kahit anong skin tightening, mabawas lang ng konti yung double chin ko. Kasi kapag relaxed yung face ko super halata si double chin, though kapag tinigasan ko ng konti yung leeg ko di sya halata. Nagwowork talaga sis? mawawala yung double chin?


Me and fiancee is drinking Apple Cider for the past month and we both lost 2 kilos. Madami nagsasabi pumayat daw ako. Pero wala akong makita, haha. We also started hitting the gym. We still have 3 months, sana pumayat pa kame!


sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #447 on: April 20, 2016, 09:24:18 pm »
What clinic, Chili1113? Halos same rate lang naman as Belo. Belo is so expensive na 20k per session yung picosure!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #448 on: April 20, 2016, 11:34:02 pm »
hermione28: Hmmmm i dont think mawawala yung double chin completely with ReFirme. And honestly even if mawala sya its too expensive for me hehe. Also, ReFirme is just for skin tightening and not fat reduction. Ideal age is 35 yrs old up. If you are younger and your skin is still tight, medyo wala siguro masyado effect yon. For me, it helped "support" my double chin a bit thats why face looks a bit smaller. But honestly the change is so subtle so walang nakakapansin except me. So not worth it and I wont do it again. Sabi din ng derma I only need 2x because di pa naman sobramg saggy my skin. (Thank God!)

Sparklingjewel: I had it done in VMV Reasearch Center in Makati. 2x a year they go on sale and Refirme is 20-30 percent off and ok na that price pag sale... kasi other clinics around 7500 to 8k their refirme either by Syneron or Elos Machine.

I also inquired in Shinagawa abt their face slimming. But omg... they use pala micro needles on your jaw!!! Hehe takot ako with needles and dami pa session needed also.

itsKat!

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #449 on: April 21, 2016, 11:11:31 am »
Chili1113, thanks for the heads up sa face slimming ng shinagawa. I was also planning to inquire about it, pero kung totoong may needles. Ayoko na. Katakot!  :-\

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #450 on: April 21, 2016, 06:50:50 pm »
^Itskat: correction pala. They don't use many needles. Hehe one lang pala. Here is Shinagawa's message to me for your reference:

"Face slim works by carefully injecting an ultra fine needle on the area. But no worries ma'am because it is safe and non-invasive. You can go back to your usual routine right after the treatment because longer downtime are avoided."

itsKat!

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #451 on: April 22, 2016, 03:15:27 pm »
Thanks for clarifying Chili1113, but still there is a "needle". I will just look for a different alternative!  ;)

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #452 on: April 25, 2016, 05:47:02 pm »
It's been 2 days since my face and neck Venus Freeze treatment at Skinhouse. With the face, I dont really notice any difference so Im actually thinking if I should pursue it. However with the neck, super visible! The skin under my jaw line was kinda droopy due to an old surgery that damage some of my neck muscles and nerves. Other people dont really notice it but I do! No exagge but I guess it's because I know my face more. It made my face rounder and my chin less pointier. This is really what I first check when I look at my pictures haha!=p  Anyway, the attendant showed me the immediate result after doing the left part of my neck and the difference from my untreated right part was really visible. The skin was lifted, my jawline more pronounced, and my face longer than rounder. I love it! However, when I asked my sister if she sees any difference in my jaw line, wala daw haha. But this is someone who doesn't really think I had droopy chin skin before. Up to now I can still see the effect though actually without a past reference, it's kinda hard to see the difference. Anyway I will definitely have maybe 2 sessions of VF a few weeks before the wedding as it will definitely boost my self confidence for the photo shoots, especially the side view shots. Maybe its placebo effect but I'll take it haha.  I noticed that whenever I feel that my face is payat, I look good on pictures. Its easier for me to find a comfortable angle I guess.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #453 on: April 25, 2016, 07:20:39 pm »
Thanks for the review rowan!!! =) Hahha sometimes I also think it the effect I see on Refirme is also just a placebo effect. People do not notice the difference hehe But to me, I did see a slight change on the chin.

How much is the venus freeze in Skinhouse?

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #454 on: April 25, 2016, 07:36:41 pm »
Hi Chili1113,

Its P3500/session/part so I paid P7000 for face and neck. They have a 4 session package priced at P12000 but you have to pay in cash ;s. Im going back for another session this Saturday since they recommended 2 sessions for me. Lets see :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #455 on: April 29, 2016, 11:59:25 pm »
rowan: thanks to your post I tried venus freeze at skinhouse earlier. I wish I knew earlier that they had a pioneer branch which is much closer to me.

I tried it on my arms and neck. I don't feel a difference on my arms but I feel like it worked more on my neck. I just dont know it if the difference is due to the fact that Ive had 2 other refirme treatments in the past on the lower face, which also briefly targeted the jaw area.

Anyway, I think it is still worth a try for the price. I inquired at Belo and theirs is at almost 8k per session vs Skinhouse  at 3500 per area.

With regard to weightloss, I don't know if it is my age or what, but I am having a difficult time losing! I hope to lose 3-4 more pounds in 2 weeks.

On the week of my wedding I plan to get a body scrub, massage, facial, waxing, and  eyebrow threading. I have to color my hair soon too!

« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 12:17:42 am by Chili1113 »

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #456 on: April 30, 2016, 02:12:52 pm »
Hi Chili1113! I also go to their Pioneer branch! It's very accessible to me plus I like the staff there.  I decided not to get a second session anymore. I saw some pictures of myself taken 3 and 5 days after Venus Freeze and my face really did get smaller. With that Im quite convinced haha. I will just have it done days before the wedding:) Omg, your wedding is so close! Stressful but exciting times!:) Dont worry about your weight. Maybe you are just being too conscious with the scale thats why you dont notice the difference anymore. Relax and have fun!!!


Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #457 on: May 07, 2016, 03:30:10 pm »
 my advice to the brides is to give yourself allowance 1 week before the wedding to possibly gain weight especially if there will be a lot of shower parties and despidida de solteras. Also I am so busy that I haven't had time to exercise much.

UPDATE: Ive gained 4 lbs na with all the eating and drinking hehe I also tripped last night and so now I have bruises and a wound on my knee. Thank God my prep robe isn't short hehe.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 12:42:43 pm by Chili1113 »

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #458 on: May 08, 2016, 08:56:48 pm »
^ Oh dear.. yan ang problem ko @chili1113. I am such a klutz! Hahaha! 1 month to go before I get to walk the aisle, and I had a large cut on the back of my hand from handling the cardstock cutter a few days back( finishing up our DIY invites) .. just got home here sa Manila and umitim na ako from our one day jaunt sa Divi (despite the fact na sandamungkal na sunblock spf 50 and 70 ang ginamit ko), plus I have got mosquito bites! Nakakaasar!

lourd3ss

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #459 on: May 08, 2016, 10:19:08 pm »
^ Missus O sinabi mo pa! Those damn mosquito bites are the worst! I had 4 just on my right upper arm a few days before my wedding. I was so conscious tuloy when I was having my photos taken. Good thing my photographer is good so nadaan na lang sa editing lol.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close