Author Topic: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)  (Read 66213 times)

gi_jane101112

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #240 on: July 30, 2015, 08:29:34 am »
nagpaconsult na ako sa ob-gyne dito sa area kung saan ako assign but i never made an appointment with an endocrinologist..thanks for the input sis Chili1113..nagpapaalaga na ako sa ob-gyne kasi we want to have a baby right away,.she adviced me to take pills daw kahit three months before our wedding..yung Provera (which i believe sa hormones eh pinapatake niya pag nadedelay ako ng period..i have irregular periods sis,.may time pa na one month eh wala talaga ako..pero my ob said na malaki yung chance na magkaanak ako..kaya ayun nagpapaalaga talaga ako..isa yun sa reason kung bakit nag eexercise ako not only to lose weight kundi para maging regular ang periods ko..then every night nagpipray din ako na i-bless kami ni Lord ng babies na healthy and normal..wala talagang magagawa ang expertise ng tao at science kung di loloobin ng Lord na magkaanak tayo kaya faith sa Kanya talaga..:)

120515

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #241 on: July 30, 2015, 08:38:01 am »
^ we're the same. i'm also exercising to prepare for pregnancy. my main exercises are really for the core. we also eat a lot of spinach to get folate. i think i should follow your lead and visit an ob-gyne to check if i have issues with my reproductive organs. ^

gi_jane101112

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #242 on: July 30, 2015, 09:38:17 pm »
^ oo sis.. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #243 on: July 30, 2015, 09:59:59 pm »
Gi_Jane: How is PCOS diagnosed sis? I think may tendency ako mag PCOS. All my life even high school I had to take Provera or a similar pill. Because if I don't I dont get my period for sometimes up to 3 months. Then when I get, I spot for 3 weeks straight.

But I get regular Ultrasound and PAP smears naman every 1-2 years. So I guess if I had PCOS dapat siguro nakita na yon sa ultrasound right? Im thinking kasi now baka naman I have PCOS which is why I also have insulin resistance? Hmmmmm


« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 10:05:00 pm by Chili1113 »

rightback

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #244 on: July 31, 2015, 01:34:46 pm »
sis Chili1113 my PCOS was confirmed through ultrasound before. My OB checked my symptoms and mine was caused by hormonal imabalance (high levels of androgen). I was on the pill for a while until my period stabilized.

I was advised to monitor my weight so I set a limit for myself and work on my diet with that. Low-zero carb works best for me (best for my blood type also). Although I have to eat cake and ice cream when i'm craving.  ;D

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #245 on: August 03, 2015, 11:48:48 am »
Thanks rightback!! I hope all turns out well for you!!

BTW ... someone told me about this promo for Armpit laser hair removal at Skin Station. It is 5k for 8 sessions using diode. I dunno if it is effective though.

They also have 6k for 10 sessions facial with diamond peel. Ive tried this a long time ago and OK naman! I will definitely sign up for this.

These promos ended pala last july 31... but If you enroll daw for elite membership for 1k... you can still avail of the packages/promos.

Ill visit the megamall branch later and check it out. My sis who is doing the laser says the place is really clean. I dont know lang if it is effective even if they say they use diode they might be using low frequencies kasi. I dunno... Ill let you ladies know if the facial with diamond peel is any good since I made an appointment for it this afternoon.

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #246 on: August 03, 2015, 12:37:06 pm »
^hi sis i tried the laser hair removal sa skinstation. Nakaka 5 sessions palang akl since last year. So far so good. Konti nalang hairs and if meron tumubo mabibilang nalang sa daliri. And ang nipis na ng tubo. Hindi akp nagsisi kumuha ako non. Ang sarap kasi sa pakiramdam specially if ma assign ako abroad nung nagpapa wax ako then away ako for 4 mos shave ako lagi but nung na assign ako uli for 3 mos this time nakaka 2 session na ko ng LHR hindi na ko nag shave ang saya!

gi_jane101112

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #247 on: August 03, 2015, 02:21:19 pm »
sorry for the late reply sis Chili1113..tama si sis rightback na through ultrasound maprove yung pagkakaroon ng PCOS..my irregular periods are caused by hormonal imbalance..parang kapareho ng kay sis rightback..pero lately lang ako nagtake ng pills para maregular yung period ko..kasi pag nagpills ka, magiging regular pero babalik pa rin sa pagiging irregular kapag tumigil magtake ng pills kaya mas mainam kung mag exercise at proper diet para maging regular yung period..ang signs ng PCOS ay yung presence ng facial hair (yung parang bigote), yung pagkakaroon ng mga pimples at yung pagiging chubby o yung malaki yung abdomen fats o bilbil..yung tipong kahit nag eexercise ka eh di pa rin nawawala agad..

sis chili, nung highschool ako umabot ng 6 months bago ako magkaperiod,.pero di ako nagtake ng pills..naging regular yung period ko when i started training for the military..kaya exercise lang siguro talaga..yung PCOS na kundisyon namana ko sa mother side..pero nanganak naman siya at tatlo kaming magkakapatid..:)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #248 on: August 03, 2015, 02:33:36 pm »
^^i agree shygirlme, that's one of the best things I could do for myself, get rid of unwanted hairs heheh! 

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #249 on: August 03, 2015, 07:35:12 pm »
shygirlme: Yay!! Thanks for your feedback! Sana it will be as effective on me as it is on you. I availed of the package for both the facial with diamond peel and UA Laser hair removal. I was thinking kasi at P625 per UA laser session, parang lang ako nagbayad ng UA waxing sa isang high end salon! So whether effective or hindi, parang lang ako nag pa wax. But siguro naman it should be at least 50% effective.

The facial with diamond peel naman parang P600 per session. Yun ang super sulit for me hahaha Because it was so relaxing and even just for the diamond peel alone OK sulit na the 600. Although if you have lots of acne feeling ko better to still go to Belo or derma.

gi_jane101112: Wow 6 months is a long time sis! Hmm last time I made pa ultra sound was when I went off the pill then didnt get my period for 2 months. When they did an ultrasound they found a duck egg sized cyst in my uterus, which is actually a calcified egg cell that became a cyst because it didnt get flushed out of my body as it should during my period. I got scared sis!!! But ok naman after they induced my period. Then they put me on the pill too. Ive been afraid to go off the pills since then because I dont want to develop cysts even if it isnt dangerous naman. But the doctor made no mention of PCOS. I wonder if that cyst was the same thing as PCOS.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 07:37:08 pm by Chili1113 »

rightback

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #250 on: August 04, 2015, 11:31:12 am »
sis Chilli113, what you have is different from PCOS. It may have the same symptoms though based on your irregular period. When I had my ultrasound my OB saw several polyps scattered on both ovaries. Its normal naman daw to have polyps but should not be a lot. So if madami, that's consideres PCOS na. Although I think there are different kinds of PCOS. Yung iba yata super dami on one side pero they still get pregnant  from the other side.


Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #251 on: August 04, 2015, 04:23:27 pm »
Thank you sis rightback!! That is very informative =) I will definitely discuss it with my OB on my next visit. I plan to visit her for my pap-smear since I havent had one in 4 years when that should be done yearly. Thanks so much!!!

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #252 on: August 08, 2015, 11:51:04 pm »
I think I read somewhere that brides are advised not to have their hair straightened (rebonded/relaxed) prior to the wedding because it would be hard to style. Does this also apply to keratin treatments? I'm eyeing Studio Fix's Kerasilk treatment for my crazy, frizzy hair...

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #253 on: August 09, 2015, 12:26:50 pm »
^In general, no hair treatments daw close to the wedding especially anything smoothening or moisturizing kasi dudulas yung hair. Matigas hair is easier to style. Gosh, lapit na reese17!! I'm so excited for you =)

Only thing I'm worried about is when to schedule my 2-session colouring--- I want to do highlights ahead then get them to settle a bit then cover up everything with a brown base to get a rich color with more subtle highlights. Perhaps 4 weeks and 2 weeks before the wedding.

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #254 on: August 09, 2015, 11:17:24 pm »
HMM, I suppose I could go for it now since it's 3 months away and Keratin treatments last 4 months max naman. By the time my wedding date rolls around, it should be wearing off already. :) At least I hope so. I could always just start using shampoos with sulfate again. ;D

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #255 on: August 10, 2015, 08:05:03 am »
^i had my hair treatment after wedding na sis. My hmua told me not to have any hair treatment kasi baka dumulas hair ko mahirapan sya ayusin. For 2 years hindi ako nag pagupit ng maikli. Trim trim lang kaya umabot hair ko hanggang waist. After wedding nagpa cut ako ng hair 4inches pinacut ko then nagparebond ako. Tiis ganda sa hair! Waivy kasi ako kaya nung tiem na a year walang rebond blow dry lagi pumangit tuloy hair ko.

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #256 on: August 10, 2015, 08:46:24 am »
uggh tiis ganda talaga sis. super haba na ng hair ko. gusto ko nga paayos na din kaya lang 1month na lang wedding na so magstick ako sa sabi ni hairstylist na shampoo lang muna two weeks before the wedding para madali i-style. waaa :s

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #257 on: August 10, 2015, 08:52:58 am »
^konting tiis nalang sis! Ako nga hindi agad nakapagpagupit after wedding. Nung honeymoon ang haba pa din ng hair ko ang hirap haha!

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #258 on: August 10, 2015, 09:02:21 am »
The good thing about long hair naman is flexibility with different hairstyles kaya tiis lang sis! :) it'll be worth the sacrifice.

Sis shygirlme, don't worry sexy ang long hair sa honeymoon lol!!

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #259 on: August 10, 2015, 09:06:03 am »
^hahaha sis belle. really? how come? di ba hassle nga? HAHAHA :p

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close