Author Topic: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)  (Read 66284 times)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #220 on: July 29, 2015, 11:36:50 am »
^Hi sis I was diagnosed with Insulin Resistance which is a symptom of Metabolic Syndrome. I was diagnosed by an endocrinologist through taking certain blood tests. Insulin Resistance is when your body produces too much insulin in order to keep your blood sugar lever normal. Insulin turns sugar/carbs into stored fat and thats why I keep gaining weight because I am not metabolizing my carbs and sugar properly.  Symptoms for me were frequent hunger and thirst and stubborn weight gain.

Insulin Resistance is dangerous because if not treated or resolved it will turn into full blown diabetes in a few years or so. And once you have diabetes it is difficult to reverse.

If you have any doubts sis gi_jane101112 please visit an endocrinologist. Because there are so many health issues that can be fixed and resolved when you find out early.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 11:39:15 am by Chili1113 »

anneshirley

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #221 on: July 29, 2015, 12:06:24 pm »
120515: Dear what brand of sheet masks are you using? I have incredibly acne-prone and hoping to get something that'll help!

Chili113: so sorry to hear that, at least you know that now rather than get diagnosed with diabetes later on. My aunt is diabetic and it's a hard lifestyle to be subject to.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #222 on: July 29, 2015, 12:35:40 pm »
Thanks anneshirley! Diabetes is really in my genes thats why we get regular blood tests so that we can delay the onset of diabetes. I dont think I can avoid getting it but sana I get it when I am way past being a senior citizen hehe

With regard to sheet masks, I think the main purpose is for deep moiture, The sheets are soaked in serum like liquid and you put it on for 15-20 min. Personally I dont see much of a diff except my skin is more plump, but it is so addicting because it is so relaxing!! People in Japan and Korea use it everyday! And one youre done no need to rinse unlike regular masks!!

I bought some in Japan called LuLuLun is quite popular, and only 20 pesos per sheet. Sayang I should have bought lots and lots!! Heard the Korean ones are even better. Innisfree is very good daw! Sayang talaga I should have hoarded haha. kaka addict talaga to use sheet masks.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 12:40:22 pm by Chili1113 »

120515

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #223 on: July 29, 2015, 01:28:06 pm »
true, chili1113, sheet masks are very addictive!

sis anneshirley, i use my beauty diary. i think you can check the type of mask and you can get one that's right for your skin type. check out dr. g's clay mask as well, it may help :)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #224 on: July 29, 2015, 02:13:12 pm »
Sorry for the question, but what are sheet masks?  This is the first time that I've heard of this. What are the benefits?  I have very sensitive skin, easily prone to breakouts.  Thus I'm a bit apprehensive on trying new things for the skin. hehe.  But if it will make my skin smoother why not? :) :) 

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #225 on: July 29, 2015, 02:32:26 pm »
^Check this local blog re sheert masks! Im gonna check out Watson's this week to check out what they have there hehe
http://sabshernandez.blogspot.com/2013/09/1-week-masking-challenge-is-it-worth-it.html


I used to religiously use traditional facial masks when I was in college and in my early 20s. For me one of the best ones Ive tried are from Origins. First I would use the sugar scrub which smelled really good. Then use the active charcoal mask after.

Another favorite one was NuSkin's glacial marine mud mask. That one made an immediate difference in brightening my skin and closing the pores.

Of course nothing beats using skin care prescribed by your dermatologist. But other masks and serums are a nice de-stressing complement to skin care.

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #226 on: July 29, 2015, 02:52:48 pm »
Thanks chili1113 :)  just finished reading it, will try and see if I can find one here. Madami din ditong mfa Korean and  Japanese stores, so hopefully i could try and see what the fuss is about hehe

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #227 on: July 29, 2015, 03:17:43 pm »
bonzaigirl: My target is Watson's to find the masks hehe. Medyo expensive in the other Korean Brand boutiques. I dont want to spend too much on it since it is more for relaxation and I dont see too many skin benefits.

gi_jane101112

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #228 on: July 29, 2015, 05:17:56 pm »
ganun ba sis Chili1113? I am sorry for that..pero, i am very grateful kasi shinare mo yan..i guess i really need to visit an endocrinologist dahil may PCOS ako at prone daw kami magkadiabetes sa condition na ganito..

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #229 on: July 29, 2015, 05:25:48 pm »
ganun ba sis Chili1113? I am sorry for that..pero, i am very grateful kasi shinare mo yan..i guess i really need to visit an endocrinologist dahil may PCOS ako at prone daw kami magkadiabetes sa condition na ganito..

Sis if you have PCOS visit na an endocrinologist. I read somewhere up to 70% of women with PCOS have insulin resistance, perhaps that is why prone to diabetes also. I have a strong feeling you have it sis based on your symptoms. But hopefully you don't. The good news is that it is easy to control with a low carb diet and exercise, and sometimes medication.

Sis, since you're getting married soon it is really best you consult you OB-gyne and endocrinologist. I heard PCOS women have a difficult time conceiving sometimes. If you plan to have a baby right away your doctor might start you on meds as early as now. My friend with PCOS took meds months pa before her wedding because she wanted a baby right away.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 05:28:56 pm by Chili1113 »

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #230 on: July 29, 2015, 05:36:24 pm »
Chili1113, good thing you were diagnosed early at least you know the right thing to do and you are now adhering to exercise and more healthy diet. It's harder to manage kase if you reached the diabetic state, you will have to maintain meds or insulin dosages tapos pricking yourself every now and then. I kept reminding my hubby about this too, it's not in their family history but he is so into coke and cakes. At nanginginig sya when he's gutom. Kainis lang ang tigas ng ulo ayaw magpabawal.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #231 on: July 29, 2015, 06:11:52 pm »
Thanks for the concern sis!! It is good it isnt in your hubby's genes! But if you have any doubt perhaps your can order a fasting insulin blood test. I just tested mine randomly last year and it came out that my insulin was 4x the max normal limit. Otherwise everything else even my sugar is normal sis. Im not sure but I heard in Australia insulin tests are standard na daw unlike here it is still considered a special test and not a standard/routine test during check-ups.

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #232 on: July 29, 2015, 06:14:43 pm »
Pardon my ignorance pero ano ang PCOS mga sis? TIA

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #233 on: July 29, 2015, 06:47:23 pm »
I agree with sis Chili1113. Visit your OB din. I did that. Thankful wala naman problem.

120515

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #234 on: July 29, 2015, 07:17:26 pm »
hi yannuh, it's polycystic ovary syndrome. my friend had this as well. the main indication she had it was that she had really irregular periods, there will be long stretches of time when she won't have her period, usually several months. then when her period comes, it also lasts for weeks sometimes. she took medication for it.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #235 on: July 29, 2015, 08:17:08 pm »
I like it when people are health conscious. Just keep on monitoring it sis chili. :)
Yeah, standard na sya here and good thing is free din the blood tests and doctors checkup (thank God for oz's very good health care system) worried din ako sa fasting blood sugar ko coz it's elevated the last time I had it checked.

Bit out of the topic, I now gained 3kg since wedding LOL!! It's winter kase so I don't stop eating. Kainis!

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #236 on: July 30, 2015, 01:59:35 am »
Bakit ganon, i know two friends who have PCOS. One of them got married last year and went on a 1-month honeymoon in Europe after (without protection na baon kasi nga may PCOS daw sabi ng doctor and it would be hard for her to get preggy, have to go back to the doc and take meds pa when she wants to get preggy na) and guess what, they came home with her pregnant! Haha the other one is an officemate who was also told she would never bear a child bec of PCOS, tapos boom, she also got preggy out of wedlock. Hehe so parang i am not so scared of the fate of those who have it Chili1113 miracles do happen!

mdnextdoor

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #237 on: July 30, 2015, 05:45:15 am »
^ It's not naman you'll never get pregnant if you have PCOS but rather difficult to get pregnant. You're friends are lucky and I believe it's in God's will that those with polycystic ovaries got pregnant easily.

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #238 on: July 30, 2015, 06:51:40 am »
hi yannuh, it's polycystic ovary syndrome. my friend had this as well. the main indication she had it was that she had really irregular periods, there will be long stretches of time when she won't have her period, usually several months. then when her period comes, it also lasts for weeks sometimes. she took medication for it.

i see. thanks for explaining it to me sis. waa sana maging ok lahat tayo. we wanna have a baby na din kasi agad agad hehe.

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #239 on: July 30, 2015, 08:07:54 am »
PCOS  varies.  One of my closest friends as well took 5 years before they got pregnant.  She had to take hormones  to regulate her cycle.  5 years was a long time, but it made them financially stable enough to undergo private treatment. Now they're blessed with 2 chikitings. Fraternal twins :) one mini mommy, and one mini daddy. As in nakakatuwa kasi carbon copy talaga sila ng parents nila.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close