watch now

Author Topic: Turning 40, need assurance ;_;  (Read 3474 times)

adrian

  • Guest
Turning 40, need assurance ;_;
« on: May 29, 2015, 09:43:09 am »

Hi mga sis,

This year has been quite stressful for me. Maraming emergency sa family, (surgery, hospitalization, and massive hospital bills) and on top of that, I noticed that certain physical developements have been going on with me that really make me anxious.

Feeling ko ba na parang nag-bre-breakdown yung katawan ko.

For example:
This year alone I noticed that my close-up vision is not good na. I try to read at my usual distance, things are blurry so I have to hold stuff at nearly arm's length.

My fingers just this month started hurting. I wake up in the morning and para bang manas sila. I do squeeze and release, shakling my hands and wiggling my fingers, and the pain goes away, but yeah, it's every morning na.

I get tired so easily. Not just physical exhaustion, but para bang pati kaluluwa ko parang gamit na basahan. I don't look forward to anything anymore. I just try to get through the day without collapsing or alarming my family.

Tanggap ko na that white hairs run in my family, so meron din ako, but the rest --my vision, my fingers, my malaise (tama ba yung malaise?)-- they just discourage me very much.

So much so napapaiyak na ako sa gabi dahil para bang di ko na kaya. Natatakot ako tuloy, what else will I eventually face?

If you guys can share your experiences with the physical changes of entering your 40's, and the stuff you did to take care of yourselves, I would really appreciate it.

It might give me hope, and help me with what I am experiencing now. I don't like feeling like a weepy dishrag every day, kung saan saan na pumupunta yung thoughts ko, and it's scary.

Thank you for listening.





chelgeneroso

  • Guest
Re: Turning 40, need assurance ;_;
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 10:20:56 am »
You just said it, STRESS!!!
yan lang ang nakikita ko na reason for your "body breakdown" . It is not solely the age :) I think you need to unwind, relax.
If the unwind and relax are not enough, you can visit your family doctor for suitable supplements/ multi-vitamins. You can try to jog around or hit the gym, Para mag release ang body mo ng endorphins, to trigger positive feelings.

adrian

  • Guest
Re: Turning 40, need assurance ;_;
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 09:05:35 am »
Thanks, sis.  Anyone else with tips and their own experiences to share about turning 40? I'd really appreciate it.

lonelymiss28

  • Guest
Re: Turning 40, need assurance ;_;
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 10:19:38 am »
Wellcome to the world of 40. hahahaha! kidding aside, pansin ko rin yan yung mga buto ko nagsasakitan na, minsan nga nagkaka dizzy spell ako eh. Mula nag 40 ako (I'm 41 now by the way), dun ko na experience yung sinasabi ng mga matatanda na sumasakit buto, nanlalabo mata, panghihina and your body is not the same anymore na talaga. But carry lang, what I do is enjoy what's left of my energy and strength kesa naman I will dwell on it pa e di ako rin mahihirapan di ba. I still do things that makes me happy...sabi nga kahit ano mangyari life must go on pa rin. So imbis na malungkot ako dahil sa mga pagbabagong nararamdaman ko sa katawan ko...enjoy mo na lang bawat araw mo.

adrian

  • Guest
Re: Turning 40, need assurance ;_;
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 10:10:38 am »
heh, I just learned that my cousin is also taking B-complex dahil masakit na rin yung hands niya (and joints) sa umaga.  I also take VCO, a tablespoon a day. Anybody with their own tried-and-true recommendations ?

Cluelesschx

  • Guest
Re: Turning 40, need assurance ;_;
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 11:48:14 am »
^hi sis, hindi ko alam kung off topic ba ang sagot ko ha. scary talaga the body aches, and yung feeling na 40 na at parang "ano na nangyari sa life ko?" kaya lumalabas symptoms ng body aches, and yes the finger aches... although im only 36, its just 4 short years away till 49, and my body age according sa isang reader ay 47, dahil sa dami ng stress ko. anyway, naka help din sakin sis mag meditate. yung relaxing meditationlang, hindi naman.yung meditation for spirituality (although eventually nag evolve na doon) kasi narealize ko na nakakadagdag sa physical symptoms mga iniisip ko. when I relax my mind, my body naturally follows. tapos parang nagiging natural na din sakin na kumain ng mas healthy (bahagya lang naman hehe). rare na pag inom ko soft drinks at non natural juices, saka every other day e gulay lang kinakain ko :)  try mo din sis, little changes add up to a lot :)

adrian

  • Guest
Re: Turning 40, need assurance ;_;
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 07:59:39 am »
Thanks, sis!

quinone

  • Guest
Re: Turning 40, need assurance ;_;
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 09:00:06 am »
I get tired so easily. Not just physical exhaustion, but para bang pati kaluluwa ko parang gamit na basahan. I don't look forward to anything anymore. I just try to get through the day without collapsing or alarming my family.

lots of water, hydrate well. an executive checkup maybe? if you feel tired, like you went for a long walk, pa check mo kidneys mo.

Girltalker2

  • Guest
Re: Turning 40, need assurance ;_;
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 11:06:50 pm »

Health is important, especially if you have a family or loved ones who want you around as long as possible.

Exercise, water, fruits, less meat, get enough sleep. Huwag magpuyat, once in a while siguro ok Lang but not often. I don't smoke. I also don't drink. I cut down on rice and meat. I feel so much better. I also do yoga.

But yes, feeling ko dati di ako napa pagod kahit puyat. Now I can't easily focus kung puyat. kaya I realise sleep is important, rest is important din.

charmedwitch776

  • Guest
Re: Turning 40, need assurance ;_;
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 01:33:28 am »
Hi sis Adrian, saw your post about Psych and I replied to you there before ko nabasa itong post mo dito. I think super stress ka. Do you consider taking a vacation? Maybe alone or someone close to you na magaan and very positive kasama like bestfriend, sister or close cousin?

Taking a trip and unwinding help a lot during time of depression and stress. R&R ka sis, good massage helps too. Pampered yourself and mahirap pero try to be positive and in no time you'll be on your usual self na. Remember, age is just a number  ;)


adrian

  • Guest
Re: Turning 40, need assurance ;_;
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 09:31:54 am »
Thanks, sis.

snowberry

  • Guest
Re: Turning 40, need assurance ;_;
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2015, 03:10:52 pm »
Hello sis, don't worry about being 40. There's more when you reach 50 ,lols!

Sabi nga age is just a number . You know, darating talaga yan mga degenerative diseases na iyan, but don't focus on those . Otherwise, you will not enjoy life.

Take some vitamins , watch your diet and exercise . Give ourself some relaxation like go to the spa paminsan minsan, mag pa massage or facial, or just do whatever you enjoy doing. Then, magpa check up if may nararamdaman na hindi maganda sa katawan. That's life at lahat halos dumadaan sa phase na iyan

fittotravel

  • Guest
Re: Turning 40, need assurance ;_;
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2015, 05:04:37 pm »
Hi, sis adrian! From a medical standpoint, I believe you're on your way into your perimenopausal years. Fluctuations in the levels of your hormones (estrogen and progesterone) may be the key factors explaining your symptoms. Some describe such condition as if you're having "the worst PMS." Some doctors also argue that if you don't get that much episodes of PMS in your early 20s or 30s, you will likely struggle with it during your perimenopausal years.

All these women in GT gave very sound advices - from exercise, diet modification, and even meditation and behavioral therapy.  ;D It would also be in your best interest to seek a consult with an OB-GYN.  ;)

summersong

  • Guest
Re: Turning 40, need assurance ;_;
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2015, 05:16:15 pm »
I admit that I was actually very happy the day I turned 40. I think that feeling of happiness will just increase with every milestone age I reach.

Pakiramdam ko kasi malaking blessing ang pagtanda. Para kasing binigyan ka ng pagkakataon ni Lord para magawa lahat ng gusto at dapat mong gawin, at matutunan ang lahat ng dapat malaman. I am looking forward to having my hair all white one day. I look at these ladies, aged 80s and above, who are reasonably healthy, happy and active and I say to myself that I hope one day that is how I'll be.

Unti unti ngang mararamdaman ng katawan natin ang pagtanda. Your skin starts to feel softer and flabbier. it's a lot harder to go on a diet or recover after a sleepless night. Mas madaling mapagod at mahilo. Thoughts of menopause start to linger at the back of your mind. Pregnancy has become a much more complicated issue. Mas mahirap mag-adjust ang katawan ko sa extreme temperatures. At 40, you can still do physical stuff that you were able to do in your teens or 20s, just a bit slower. In my case, it turned out I'm in better shape now than in my 30s.

As we age, the responsibilities keep piling on as well. We're forced to act like adults more often hehe. Our parents and kids age as well, and that brings forth new sets of problems. I just remind myself that the older I get, the more important it is to take care of my health and my sanity :D so I make the time to destress, even for a few minutes each day.

Isipin mo na lang we're like wine; we get better and more valuable with age. ;-)



adrian

  • Guest
Re: Turning 40, need assurance ;_;
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2015, 12:05:42 pm »
hehe, thanks mga sis!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close